APPLY NOW: Srixon ZX5 & ZX7 Iron testing! 3 Testers Wanted!

• Replies 322
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The new Srixon ZX5 and ZX7 irons have been announced and they are some of the most talked about irons in the forum. We are looking for 3 members to test out the ZX iron set of their choice and report

APPLY NOW!

Posted Images

1. Sea Island, Ga.

2. 6.3

3. ZX5

3. Are you able to test equipment on a golf course with one week of its receipt? Yes 

4. Two Sets: MP 20 MMCs Modus 105s; i500 Modus 120s (both stiff)

5. Players look, powerful performance

6. Do you agree to participate in an ongoing testing thread, posting reviews and photos? Yes --I'm a writer!

1. City and State? Wash DC area

2. Handicap? 0 - 1

3. What ZX iron set do you want to test? ZX7

3. Are you able to test equipment on a golf course with one week of its receipt? Yes, multiple rounds and range

4. Current Iron setup? Z785 4-PW w/Oban CT125 - would play ZX7 with X100 or CTaper

5. What is the most exciting thing about the ZX irons? Seeing how best iron I've ever played (Z785) can get even better

6. Do you agree to participate in an ongoing testing thread, posting reviews and photos? Yes, image/video posts and reviews

Edited by GoTime

1. City and State? Delaware, OH

2. Handicap? 9.4

3. What ZX iron set do you want to test? Split set, or ZX7 if can’t do a combo

3. Are you able to test equipment on a golf course with one week of its receipt? Yes, course is open all year 

4. Current Iron setup? CF 16, True Temper XP 95 stiff 

5. What is the most exciting thing about the ZX irons? V Sole and the groove tech on the scoring clubs 

6. Do you agree to participate in an ongoing testing thread, posting reviews and photos? Yes 

1. City and State? Wesley Chapel, FL

2. Handicap? 6

3. Are you able to test equipment on a golf course with one week of its receipt? Yes

4. Current Iron setup? Mizuno MP69

5. What is the most exciting thing about the ZX irons? Used to play Srixon I506 Irons.  Back then by chance tried them at a demo day with all the major brands.  Up until that point never knew much about Srixon, but when I tried the irons the turf interaction just felt perfect for me with those clubs.  Been wanting to try Srixon irons again.  

6. Do you agree to participate in an ongoing testing thread, posting reviews and photos? Yes

1. Hamilton, NJ

2. 3.9

3. ZX7

3. Absolutely. Range, course and launch monitor all within the first week

4. Mizuno JPX 919 Tour 4-PW Oban CT 115 X- shafts

5. The multi material construction in the long irons seems like a great addition as it could really help with gapping in those clubs

6. Absolutely. Q&As with forum members, member requests, professional style photos and videos. 

PING G410 LST 9* VA Nemesys 65X

PING G410 LST 14.5* Tour AD DI 7X

Srixon U85 18* Tour AD 95X

Titleist 818 H2 20* Tour AD DI 85X

Mizuno MP20 HMB 4 Tour AD 95X

Mizuno JPX 919 Tour 5-9 Oban CT 115 X(-)

Titleist Vokey SM7 46F - 54S - 59D

Mizuno M Craft II

Bridgestone Tour B X

1. Joplin, Mo.

2. 8

3. ZX7

3. Yes

4. Z945 

5. This line certainly appears to be a continuation of the superb build and performance of Srixon clubs.  I have enjoyed the Z945, Z-Forged, and the Z785. The new ZX7 seems to culminate the characteristics of all into one high performing head.  I played the new P770 for several months after release, but the addictive feel and performance of my Srixon irons returned them to my bag. I would love the opportunity to spend some real time with the ZX7 on our range.

6. 100%!  I am at my club minimal three times weekly practicing on our wonderful range or playing.  After golf, my favorite hobby is photography so this would be a wonderful experience for me.  I also have access to a simulator that would enable me to compile data for my test.

Thank you for your consideration!

Sincerely,

Greg

1. City and State? Alexandria, La

2. Handicap? 3

3. What ZX iron set do you want to test? Zx7

3. Are you able to test equipment on a golf course with one week of its receipt? Absolutely, I would look forward to testing them

4. Current Iron setup? Z785 5-Pw

5. What is the most exciting thing about the ZX irons? I love my Z785s so I’m curious about the changes they’ve made (especially hosel) Are they more forgiving on low strikes...how is the turf interaction with the updated v sole.

6. Do you agree to participate in an ongoing testing thread, posting reviews and photos? Totally!

Sim 9* Graphite Design ad-xc 6s

M6 3 wood Oban Purp

M6 5 wood Graphite Design ad-di 7s

Srixon z785 nippon modus 105s

Mizuno t-20 50, 54, 58

TM spider x

Snell MTBX

🐊

1. City and State?   Columbia, MO

2. Handicap?  3

3. What ZX iron set do you want to test?  ZX7

3. Are you able to test equipment on a golf course with one week of its receipt?  Hope so, depends on the date

4. Current Iron setup?  Srixon Z945

5. What is the most exciting thing about the ZX irons?  They look fantastic

6. Do you agree to participate in an ongoing testing thread, posting reviews and photos?  Sure

1. City and State?  Rochester, MN

2. Handicap? +1.1

3. What ZX iron set do you want to test? ZX7 and ZX utility if possible

3. Are you able to test equipment on a golf course with one week of its receipt? Yes, travel often to see parents in AZ and can go anytime I'd like with work.  Have indoor practice area and simulator at home to keep swing in shape.  Would look forward to another excuse to make another trip to Phoenix.

4. Current Iron setup? Taylormade 2017 P790s 4-PW with C-Taper X-Stiff

5. What is the most exciting thing about the ZX irons? Narrow sole but forgiveness with the tour cavity. I have heard so much about Srixon irons lately so I would love to try out their newest set.  

On 1/12/2021 at 11:30 AM, knudson81 said:

1. City and State?

2. Handicap?

3. What ZX iron set do you want to test?

3. Are you able to test equipment on a golf course with one week of its receipt?

4. Current Iron setup?

5. What is the most exciting thing about the ZX irons?

6. Do you agree to participate in an ongoing testing thread, posting reviews and photos?

1. Buffalo, NY

2. 1

3. Zx7

4. Yes

5. 716 cb - kbs tour x

6. Tungsten weighting in mid and long irons to go with the srixon sole grind

7. Yes

Sim 9* - AD BB 7x
Ping G410 LST 15* - ATX Tour Blue 75x
'17 Taylormade M1 hybrid - Kuro Kage 80X
Titleist 716 TMB 3-4 iron AMT X100
Titleist 716 CB 5-pw KBS Tour 130x
Artisan 50,56 custom wedges
Custom 1/1 Rory Oven proto 006, Oven Method Matter B2/01

On 1/12/2021 at 11:30 AM, knudson81 said:

599794576_srixonirontesting.jpg.d64c5cf7a39851cbc703fa3edd66f63e.jpg

The new Srixon ZX5 and ZX7 irons have been announced and they are some of the most talked about irons in the forum. We are looking for 3 members to test out the ZX iron set of their choice and report back to the community! Make sure to apply now so you can get your chance to test these really good irons out!

ZX5 Irons

Srixon’s ZX5 Irons combine pioneering ball speed technology with premium forged feel, and deliver all of it in a forgiving yet workable chassis that’s razor sharp at address. A milled pattern on the backside of each ZX5 Iron face maximizes COR for more ball speed and more distance on every shot. Grooves in the 8i through PW are sharper, narrower, and deeper for more spin and stopping power on approach shots into the green. V-Shaped soles glide smoothly through turf, even if you strike slightly behind the ball. ZX5 Irons also feature the resurgence of our popular sole notches. Tungsten in the toe of ZX5's long and mid irons (3i-7i) increases MOI for more stability and forgiveness. A forged SUP10 face enhances speed and distance while a forged 1020 Carbon Steel body absorbs vibrations for an extremely soft feel.

ZX7 Irons

A compact blade shape, narrow topline, single-piece forging, and narrow sole give ZX7 the workability, feel, and aesthetics of a world-class players iron. Mass repositioned to ZX7's sweet spot and perimeter provide a remarkably soft feel at impact and increased workability. Grooves in the 8i through PW are sharper, narrower, and deeper for more spin and stopping power on approach shots into the green. V-Shaped soles glide smoothly through turf, even if you strike slightly behind the ball. ZX7 Irons also feature the resurgence of our popular sole notches. Tungsten in the toe of ZX7's long and mid irons (3i-7i) increases MOI for more stability while the forged 1020 Carbon Steel body absorbs vibrations for an extremely soft feel.

How To Enter

In a post below, answer the following questions

1. City and State?

2. Handicap?

3. What ZX iron set do you want to test?

3. Are you able to test equipment on a golf course with one week of its receipt?

4. Current Iron setup?

5. What is the most exciting thing about the ZX irons?

6. Do you agree to participate in an ongoing testing thread, posting reviews and photos?

That's it. GolfWRX and Srixon Golf will select the testers in about 2 weeks. This is for good-standing members in the USA only. 

1. Zanesville, OH

2. 2

3. Zx7

3. Yes, simulators and courses.

4. Ping ansers (2010)

5. Love to try the V sole out on turf as I have a steeper angle of attack, also went to a fitting last week and loved the feel and sound of the srixon irons and can’t find them to try them out any place near me, only Zx5s.

6. I could definitely post reviews and photos. Got a lot of technology available to me.

1. City and State?  San Bernardino, CA

2. Handicap? 3.0

3. What ZX iron set do you want to test?  ZX7 or a combo of the two

3. Are you able to test equipment on a golf course with one week of its receipt?  Yes, Multiple.

4. Current Iron setup? TM P770

5. What is the most exciting thing about the ZX irons? FEEL!

6. Do you agree to participate in an ongoing testing thread, posting reviews and photos? YES!

Building my 2021 Bag (Taylormade)

Taylormade SIM

TaylorMade SIM Ti

Taylormade P7 770

Taylormade MG2 TW 56

Taylormade MG2 TW 60

TaylorMade My Spider (Buccaneers theme)

Taylormade TP5X

I’m in!

Bloomington IL

12 Handicap

Would love to test ZX5.

Yes, local weather permitting, will travel to test on course if necessary.

Callaway 2018 X-Forged 4i-7i & Apex MB 8i-AW (combo), Modus3 120 Stiff, standard LLL

ZX5 just sounds like the total package of what a mid-handicap like me needs in irons. And they look fantastic! I’ve played Z745 and Z785, but need more forgiveness and ball speed in the long irons. The possibility of added spin from deeper grooves too?  What kind of wizardry is this? 

Yes of course, see my testing & reviews last year of the RTX Zipcore wedges (still in the bag).

Winter-Spring 2021

Callaway Mavrik Max 1W 10.5° HZRDUS Smoke 60

Callaway Mavrik Subzero 4W 16.5° Rogue White 70

Callaway Mavrik Pro 3Hy 20° KBS 70/80

Srixon ZU85 4U 23° Modus 120

Srixon Z785 5i-AW Modus 120

Cleveland Zipcore 56.10 60.10 DG Spinner

** Putter of the week **

1. City and State? Bloomington, Illinois

2. Handicap? 8

3. What ZX iron set do you want to test? Zx5

3. Are you able to test equipment on a golf course with one week of its receipt? Yes, multiple times despite the winter weather. Daily  sessions into a net with a launch monitor as well to see how they stack up against my current irons.  I also chip indoors so I will be able to put these through their paces and elaborate on feel.  

4. Current Iron setup? P770 c taper 120 x. 3/4" long. 2* up. Std Loft.  Tour velvet

5. What is the most exciting thing about the ZX irons? The sole grind, sleek appearance and aggressive top line paired with a longer face is intriguing. Combining these features is a confidence boost without making the head look chunky.  I'm really excited about the longer face as I believe it will help me with bump and runs around the green but also give me more forgiveness coming through the ball.  The offset, while minimal, looks more friendly than my current irons without being too game improvement looking.  I also like that the Zx5 has slightly stronger lofts but there is an option of the AW.  This keeps the set clean and allows me to only carry one 55* wedge.  

6. Do you agree to participate in an ongoing testing thread, posting reviews and photos? Yes, photos and video are no problem!

Thanks Srixon and Golfwrx for another awesome giveaway. 

Edited by TheMagicStinger

City and state: Bradenton, Fl

Handicap: 6

What zx set to test: zx7

Able to test with in a week: Yes

Current iron set up : Callaway X Forged 5 -PW, MODUS 105 stiff

Most excited: for the VT sole, and turf interaction

Do you agree to participate in ongoing testing, with pics: Yes

Play Golf.....Play Blades......Play Something Else.....Just Go Play.....

4 HC

1. Edmond, OK

2. 0.9

3. ZX5

3. Yes

4. PING G25 5-SW PXI steel 6.0

5. They seem like an excellent choice for the low handicap who wants forgiveness and performance in a forged iron package

6. YES!

PING G410 LST 10.5* - Tensei AV RAW White 65TX

Callaway BB 816 Alpha 16* - Aldila Rogue Silver 70X

Callaway Epic Flash 18* - Graphite Design Tour AD-DI 8X

PING G410 22* - Tensei CK Pro Blue 80X

PING G25 5-SW - Project X PXI 6.0

Callaway MD5 Raw X Grind 60* - DG 115 S200

PING Nome TR

1. Colorado Springs, CO

2. 30

3. ZX5

3. Yes.  Our courses are open unless they're covered in snow.

4. Cleveland TA6

5. People rave about Srixon irons.  I love the look and the sound from the videos I've seen.  I really want to see how the forgiveness is in the newer irons.  I'm a decade behind the new tech and its all so exciting!  I don't know anyone that stocks them nearby so I don't think i'll be able to touch them anytime soon.  

6. Most definitely!    

Edited by kornface13

1. City and State? San Diego Ca

2. Handicap?+0.3

4. Current Iron setup? Taylormade P7MC 4-P 

5. What is the most exciting thing about the ZX irons? The V Sole and soft feel 

6. Do you agree to participate in an ongoing testingthread, posting reviews and photos? Yes 

Callaway Mavrik SZ 9* set to 8* UST Mamiya LINQ Purple 7F5
Callaway Epic Flash 15* set to 14* UST V2 Tour 8F5
Ben Hogan FT Worth Hi 18* UST Recoil Prototype 110F5 2* Flat
Srixon 785/Z Forged DGTI X100 2* Flat
Vokey SM8 Black 50/56/62 DGTI Onyx X100/S400 2* Flat
EVNROLL ER7/Scotty Cameron Newport2 Buttonback both have Stability Shafts and P2 Aware Tour Grips
Snell MTB-X

1. City and State? Flemington NJ

2. Handicap? 0

3. What ZX iron set do you want to test? 7

4. Current Iron setup? JPX921 Tour

5. What is the most exciting thing about the ZX irons? Forged feel compared to Mizuno 

Wk

Mizuno STz Ventus Black60s Ordered
Mizuno 3Wood STz Ventus Black 70s Ordered
Mizuno 5Wood STz Ventus Black 70s Ordered
Mizuno MP20 MMC 4-PW Aerotech i95s Ordered
Mizuno T20 Wedge 50*, 54*, 58* Aeritech i110s Ordered 
Mizuno M-Craft II 33"
Mizuno RS Tour

1. Las Vegas, NV

2. 8.3

3. ZX-5

3. Yes, I can test within the timeframe. 

4. Srixon Z545 4-PW, RTX4 50* w/ NS Pro 950

5. Srixon has incorporated some of what made the ‘45 line so great (notched hosel, straighter top line, cleaner looking cavity backs, tungsten in toe) with even better looks and...well, the supposed performance to make it better. Is it?

6. Yes

Edited by lvmike

9* TM M5 w/GD AD BB-6
15* TM M6 w/Atmos
19* TM SIM Max w/Ventus Blue
Callaway Apex '19 w/KBS Tour
Callaway MD5 54*
Callaway PM Grind '19 58*
Odyssey StrokeLab Ten S (Tour only NO sightline) 33"

1. City and State? Cookeville, TN

2. Handicap? 0

4. Current Iron setup? Srixon U65 3&4 Taylormade P760 5-W Modus 130s

5. What is the most exciting thing about the ZX irons? The sole design and hoping to achieve a higher launch.

1. City and State? Lee's Summit, MO

2. Handicap? 0 to 2.

3. Are you able to test equipment on a golf course with one week of its receipt? yes!

4. Current Iron setup?  Mizuno mp64s with Ctaper 120g stiff shafts

5. What is the most exciting thing about the ZX irons? I'm guessing the feel from the soft 1020 carbon!

6. Do you agree to participate in an ongoing testing thread, posting reviews and photos? Yes, would love to.

1. City and State? Va Beach, VA

2. Handicap? .3

3. What ZX iron set do you want to test? Zx7

3. Are you able to test equipment on a golf course with one week of its receipt? Yes

4. Current Iron setup? Wilson Staff FG v6 KBS Tour V 120x

5. What is the most exciting thing about the ZX irons? I like that they are back to the Endo forging and have put the tungsten back in the toe. 

6. Do you agree to participate in an ongoing testing thread, posting reviews and photos? Yes

Titleist TSi3 Ventus Black 6x
Ping G410 14.5 Ventus Blue 7x
Ping G410 19H Tensei Blue TX
TBD

Cleveland Zipcore 52MID/56LOW/60MID

Ping Sigma 2 Tyne Stealh, Stealth shaft. PP58 Black Cord
Snell MTB-X
Jones Trouper 2.0

1. City and State? San Francisco, CA

2. Handicap? 20

4. Current Iron setup? P770 4-PW

5. What is the most exciting thing about the ZX irons? Increased MOI via tungsten weighting. 

6. Do you agree to participate in an ongoing testing thread, posting reviews and photos? Yes

TaylorMade SIM Max 10.5 - Fujikura Motore X F3 6S

TaylorMade M3 3HL - Fujikura Motore X F3 7S

TaylorMade SIM2 Rescue 3 - Fujikura Ventus Blue 8S

TaylorMade P770 4-AW - Project X LZ 6.0

TaylorMade MG2 TW Grind 56 & 60 - True Temper Dynamic Gold Tour Issue S400

TaylorMade Spider FCG - KBS CT Tour

TaylorMade TP5X

1. City and State? Sugar Land, Tx

2. Handicap? GHIN 25.3

3. What ZX iron set do you want to test? ZX5

3. Are you able to test equipment on a golf course with one week of its receipt? My country club’s 3rd hole runs behind my house and I am either on the course or at the driving range 4-6 days a week. COVID in sunny Texas has given me a ton of time to finally focus on golf, and the weather has been amenable this winter. 

4. Current Iron setup? I previously went back and forth between a set of Cobra Amp irons in stock graphite shafts (too light) and Callaway Apex pros (2013/14) with KBS C-Taper shafts (very demanding). I just got a set of Sub70 699 irons in KBS tour shafts over the weekend. Tested on range Sunday, but haven’t gotten them to the course yet.

5. What is the most exciting thing about the ZX irons? As a high handicap, I’ve heard of the legendary forged feeling of Srixon irons combined with great forgiveness. Specifically, my miss is slightly fat when I get too aggressive with my swing, so testing the v-sole turf interaction will be interesting.

6. Do you agree to participate in an ongoing testing thread, posting reviews and photos? If there is one thing I enjoy as much as playing golf, it’s talking about golf. 

1. Edmond, OK

2. 11

3. ZX7

3. Yes (play several times a week through all seasons)

4. PXG 0311P 3i-4i 0311T 5i-Gap w/ C-Taper Lite X-Flex +1"

5. FORGIVENESS in a workable/compact body

6. Absolutely!

GAMER SETUP:

PXG Proto X | GD Tour AD GP7x +.5"

PXG Gen2 0341X 3W | Project X Hzrdus Smoke Yellow

PXG Gen2 0341X 7W | Project X Hzrdus Smoke Yellow

PXG Gen2 0311P 3-4i | KBS C-Taper Lite X +1"

PXG Gen3 0311T 5i-G | KBS C-Taper Lite X +1"

Titleist 54* RAW Vokey SM8 | KBS C-Taper Lite X +1"

PXG 58* Sugar Daddy | KBS C-Taper Lite X +1"

TM MySpiderX | 36" - 71* - 3*

1. City and State? Wallkill, NY

2. Handicap? 12

3. What ZX iron set do you want to test? ZX-7

3. Are you able to test equipment on a golf course with one week of its receipt? absolutely yes

4. Current Iron setup? Titleist 712 CB

5. What is the most exciting thing about the ZX irons? the quality and reputation of Srixon and the looks coupled with playability.

6. Do you agree to participate in an ongoing testing thread, posting reviews and photos? yes

Santa FE, NM

ZX-7

Yes, 2-3 rounds per week

Miura mb-101/TM 7mc

Love the look and curious how they compare to my current sticks, and past Srixon 745's I loved. VT sole is interesting too.

Yes, of course.

Mavrik

Ping hybrids

Miura CB-1008/MB-001

TM 770/p7mc

Callaway Jaws 5 50*

TM TW 56*

Ping Tess JAS