APPLY NOW: Srixon ZX5 & ZX7 Iron testing! 3 Testers Wanted!

1. City and State? Inlet Beach, FL

2. Handicap? +/-10

3. What ZX iron set do you want to test? Either, but would prefer the ZX7. I was fit for the 785's, but opted for Apex Pros.

3. Are you able to test equipment on a golf course with one week of its receipt? Yes! 

4. Current Iron setup? Callaway Apex Pro 19's w/ KBS c-taper lite 110 S, +1/2" and 1 degree up

5. What is the most exciting thing about the ZX irons? Single piece forging and sole shape. I play Cleveland wedges and love the v-sole.

6. Do you agree to participate in an ongoing testing thread, posting reviews and photos? Absolutley!

1. City and State?
Milton, GA

2. Handicap?

3. What ZX iron set do you want to test?
either is fine

3. Are you able to test equipment on a golf course with one week of its receipt?
yes

4. Current Iron setup?
LEFT Handed Srixon 565/765 mixed set with Project x 5.5 shafts

5. What is the most exciting thing about the ZX irons?
Added improvements over previos generations, grrove changes

6. Do you agree to participate in an ongoing testing thread, posting reviews and photos?
yes

Driver (9.0) - Cobra LTDx Aldila Rogue Silver 70 S, 44.5"
Wood (14.5) - Ping G425 MAX Alta CB 65 Slate S

Wood (17.5) - Ping G425 MAX Alta CB 65 Slate S
Driving Iron (20) - Srixon U65 Project X 5.5
Irons (5-6) - Srixon Z565 Project X 5.5
Irons (7-P) - Srixon Z765 Project X 5.5
Wedges - Vokey SM-7 Jet Black / 50.08 F / 54.08 M / 58.08 M DG S300
Putter - Edel E-1
Ball - Titleist Prov1x
ZGrip Midsized Grips

1. City and State? Fort Huachuca, AZ

2. Handicap? +2.8

3. What ZX iron set do you want to test? ZX7

3. Are you able to test equipment on a golf course with one week of its receipt?  Yep, weather is supposed to be in the 60s for the next couple of months.

4. Current Iron setup? Titleist 716 AP2

5. What is the most exciting thing about the ZX irons?  The adding of the tungsten weight in the toe to increase MOI, the sole notches similar to the i701 Tours I played years ago, and the compact head design.

6. Do you agree to participate in an ongoing testing thread, posting reviews and photos? Yep.

1. City and State?

Ottawa, Ontario, Canada 

2. Handicap?

Combo? If can't blend, the middle of the range.  

3. Are you able to test equipment on a golf course with one week of its receipt?

Late April or early May, yes.

4. Current Iron setup?

T100S

Combo!!

6. Do you agree to participate in an ongoing testing thread, posting reviews and photos?

Of course!

1. City and State? Niceville, FL

2. Handicap? 11

3. What ZX iron set do you want to test? ZX-5

3. Are you able to test equipment on a golf course with one week of its receipt? Yes

4. Current Iron setup? Ping i200

5. What is the most exciting thing about the ZX irons? Ability to combo

6. Do you agree to participate in an ongoing testing thread, posting reviews and photos? Living inFL, Yes.

1. City and State?         Niceville, FL

2. Handicap?                +2

3. What ZX iron set do you want to test?         ZX7

3. Are you able to test equipment on a golf course with one week of its receipt?     Absolutely

4. Current Iron setup?    Callaway Apex Pro 3-5 Apex MB 6-PW

5. What is the most exciting thing about the ZX irons?       Would love to test the V Sole in the softer, sandier conditions of my local area.

6. Do you agree to participate in an ongoing testing thread, posting reviews and photos?     Absolutely

OEM Certified Master Fitter

"Never forget that the luxury of being
wrong is not enough to make you right."
WITB Link

1. City and State? Savannah, GA

2. Handicap? 2.4

3. Are you able to test equipment on a golf course with one week of its receipt? Yes, live one mile from the range with access to outdoor launch monitor

4. Current Iron setup? MP-20 MMC with C Taper 120S

5. What is the most exciting thing about the ZX irons? The sole, I was split when I got fit for the MP-20's with the z785 but went with the Mizunos. I'm a digger with a pretty steep AOA and think I may have made the wrong choice

6. Do you agree to participate in an ongoing testing thread, posting reviews and photos? Yes, absolutely.

Driver - AI Smoke Triple Diamond, Tensei 1k Blue 6tx

3 Wood - Callaway AI Smoke Max, Tensei AV Blue 75x

2 Iron - Titleist U505, Graphite Design AD-DI 8x

4-PW - T150, Project X 6.5

50 Degree - SM10 50.12F, Project X 6.5

54 Degree - RTX6 Zipcore, mid bounce, Project X wedge 6.5

58 Degree - RTX6 Zipcore, low bounce, TI s400

Putter - Custom shop 2022 Phantom 5.5

2023 Pro V1

1. City and State? Boaz, AL

2. Handicap? +4

3. Are you able to test equipment on a golf course with one week of its receipt? Yes, in addition to looking at numbers on my GC2 simulator

4. Current Iron setup? Srixon Z745 w/ KBS Tour 120s

5. What is the most exciting thing about the ZX irons? The fact that the V-sole is back. It's something I've really loved about the 745's. I also am intrigued by the Tungsten weight in the toe. I love the thought of being able to blend the look that I love so much of the 745's with the more modern forgiveness of the ZX7's. This is the first set of irons that has even tempted me to move on from my 745's.

6. Do you agree to participate in an ongoing testing thread, posting reviews and photos? Yes, extensively. 

Callaway AI Smoke TD 10.5° | Ventus TR Blue 6s

Taylormade BRNR Mini 13.5° | Hzrdus Yellow 75 6.5

Callaway Apex UW 19° | Tour AD TP 7s

Callaway XR Pro 23° | Tour AD DI 95x
Maltby TS3/TS4 5-PW | Dynamic Gold S300
Cleveland RTX 6: 50° 56° 60° | KBS Tour Custom 120s Black 

L.A.B. DF 3 Counterbalance 37.5" | TPT Putter Shaft 

1. City and State? Mount Pleasant, SC

2. Handicap? 2

3. What ZX iron set do you want to test? ZX5 or ZX7 (ideal set is a combo 4-6 zx5 7-pw 7’s

3. Are you able to test equipment on a golf course with one week of its receipt? Yes, I finally moved somewhere warm versus the Minnesota winters I was used to

4. Current Iron setup? Jpx 900 forged

5. What is the most exciting thing about the ZX irons? Consistent Ball speed and V sole turf interaction 

6. Do you agree to participate in an ongoing testing thread, posting reviews and photos? Yes, I’d love to do some long term testing, I have a fitting scheduled in February and would love to compare.

1. City and State? Marmora NJ

2. Handicap? 5

3. Are you able to test equipment on a golf course with one week of its receipt? Yes, on course as well as a gcquad

4. Current Iron setup? Cobra king mb/cb combo

5. What is the most exciting thing about the ZX irons? Interested to try the v sole

6. Do you agree to participate in an ongoing testing thread, posting reviews and photos? Absolutely 

1. City and State?         Lawrenceburg, IN

2. Handicap?                1.2

3. What ZX iron set do you want to test?         ZX7

3. Are you able to test equipment on a golf course with one week of its receipt?     Absolutely

4. Current Iron setup?    Bridgestone J40 4-PW

5. What is the most exciting thing about the ZX irons?       Would love to test the ZX7 as my backup set are Z945

6. Do you agree to participate in an ongoing testing thread, posting reviews and photos?     Absolutely!!!

1. Atlanta, GA

2. 5

3. ZX7

3. Absolutely

4. i210 5-PW, g410 4 iron, all on recoil F5

5. V sole forged feel

6. Without a doubt

• Driver - Ping G430 Max 10k - Ventus Black 6X | Ping G430 LST 10.5 - Aldila Rogue White 130 MSI TX
  • 3 Wood - Taylormade 300 Mini 13.5 - Ventus Purple X
  • 5 Wood - Ping G430 Max - Ventus Purple X 
  • 7 Wood - Ping G430 Max - Ventus Purple X | 4 iron - Srixon ZX4 MKII - Axiom 105X
  • 5 - PW Ping BluePrint S - Shaft testing
  • SW - Cleveland RTX6 55* - Fuji Tour Spec 115X | LW - Vokey SM9T 60* - Fuji Tour Spec 115X
  • Putters - Odyssey #7 Knuckle Neck Proto | Odyssey Jailbird Versa Microhinge - Odyssey Tank DBOdyssey Jailbird Ai-One

1. City and State? San Diego, CA

2. Handicap? 8.x

3. What ZX iron set do you want to test? ZX-5

3. Are you able to test equipment on a golf course with one week of its receipt?  Absolutely.

4. Current Iron setup?  MP20 MMC

5. What is the most exciting thing about the ZX irons? The forgiveness on a platform that is aesthetically pleasing

6. Do you agree to participate in an ongoing testing thread, posting reviews and photos?  Absolutely - I'll do interviews, discussions, whatever.  If you want to send someone on the course with me I'd do that too!

1. City and State? Greenville, SC

2. Handicap? 7.1

3. What ZX iron set do you want to test? ZX-5

3. Are you able to test equipment on a golf course with one week of its receipt? Yes

4. Current Iron setup? Mizuno MP-18 MMC, KBS C-Taper Lite X flex

5. What is the most exciting thing about the ZX irons? Beautiful irons, Srixon is know for their feel, and the ZX-5 appear to be the perfect blend of feel/forgiveness

6. Do you agree to participate in an ongoing testing thread, posting reviews and photos? Absolutely, thanks for the opportunity!

Callaway Epic Flash 9 degree with Hzrdus Smoke 70 stiff
Callaway Epic Flash 5 wood (-1) with AD-TP 7S
Callaway Epic 3 and 4 hybrid with Graphite Design AD-DI 85S
Callaway X-Forged with Nippon Modus 105X 
Edel 51, 56, 60 wedges with KBS 610 stiff shafts
Scotty Cameron NP2
Ball: Titleist ProV1x

1. Green Bay, WI

2. 2.9

3. ZX-7

3. I can test on trackman 2x / week until things up here thaw.

4. Callaway Apex Pro 19, Dynamic Gold Tour Issue X100

5. I've been a big v sole fan for a while, and I'd love to give this iteration a chance in my bag.

6. Yes, absolutely.

Titleist TSR3 8* Ventus TR Red 
Titleist TSR3 16.5* Evenflow T1100

Callaway Apex UW 21*

Titleist T350 4 T200 5 T150 6-9 Accra iSeries 125

Titleist Vokey SM9 46*F (@45) / 50*F / 56*D (@55*) / 60*M DG TI X100
SC Super Select Squareback 2

1. City and State?      Bolivar, MO

2. Handicap?      +1.2

3. What ZX iron set do you want to test?   ZX7

3. Are you able to test equipment on a golf course with one week of its receipt?    Likely, I play in any weather as long as it's 35* and warmer

4. Current Iron setup?    Two sets right now P7MB 6-PW Modus 120S and P760 5-PW DG120 S300, still testing the new set

5. What is the most exciting thing about the ZX irons?  Local friends has spoke highly of them already and I haven't seen them yet!!

6. Do you agree to participate in an ongoing testing thread, posting reviews and photos?   Definitely!

Edited by br61

63 yr old's Bag of Hacking Utensils

TM Stealth 10.5, GD XC-6 stiff

TM Qi10 3HL GD DI-7 stiff

TM SIM2 Rescue 19* & 23*

TM P770 5-PW, DG120 S300

TM MG4 52* & 58*

Odyssey DART 47"

1.  City and State? Ann Arbor, MI

2. Handicap? 3.5

3. What ZX iron set do you want to test? Zx7

3. Are you able to test equipment on a golf course with one week of its receipt? Should be able to. Willing to travel and play if have to.

4. Current Iron setup? Srixon Z745 4-PW

5. What is the most exciting thing about the ZX irons? Love to look and hype of these clubs. These look to be best Srixon iron possibly ever.

6. Do you agree to participate in an ongoing testing thread, posting reviews and photos? Yes

9* Titleist TSi3 AD-DI 7X
14.5* Cobra Radspeed D+ 80x
4-48* Titleist T150 w/Project X LZ 6.0
51* Srixon Z785 

56*/60* Taylormade MG2 TW Grind w/ S400 
Odyssey Jailbird Cruiser
Titleist Pro V1x

1. City and State? Northampton, PA

2. Handicap? +3.2

3. Are you able to test equipment on a golf course with one week of its receipt? Yes, and indoor on my Trackman with video.

4. Current Iron setup? Gaming Lynx Prowler Tour Forged or JPX 919 Forged- Nippon Modus 120 Stiff. STD length 1.5 Flat

5. What is the most exciting thing about the ZX irons? Love the smaller profile, and how the V-sole is more hidden on this model 

6. Do you agree to participate in an ongoing testing thread, posting reviews and photos? Yes, would post in-depth unbiased reviews as much as possible. Also will post any TM numbers you’d like as well in comparison or by itself with current irons. 

Thank you 

Edited by Kylep621
Added length and lie specs

1. City and State? Billings Montana

2. Handicap? 0.7

3. Are you able to test equipment on a golf course with one week of its receipt? Yes

4. Current Iron setup? Mizuno JPX919 Tour w/ Dynamic Gold X7 shafts 4-9

5. What is the most exciting thing about the ZX irons? The fact the ZX7 is a compact yet forgiving players iron fits the exact role of my 919T’s. 

Yes absolutely 

1. Fort Worth, TX

2. +1

3. ZX-7

4. Yes, outdoor on course. 

5. Bridgestone J15cb, 4-PW X100

6. I would like to see how V-sole works compared to J15 leading edge. J15’s are the best irons I have ever played for this reason. Very soft feel and incredibly forgiving. 
7. Yes, ongoing participation not a problem. 

1. City and State? Nashville, TN

2. Handicap? 4.2

3. What ZX iron set do you want to test? ZX7

3. Are you able to test equipment on a golf course with one week of its receipt? Absolutely 

4. Current Iron setup? Miura Baby Blades (3-W) Project X 7.0

5. What is the most exciting thing about the ZX irons? Compact players iron injected with new technology with an incredible appearance.

6. Do you agree to participate in an ongoing testing thread, posting reviews and photos? Yes

Edited by lonscicles

On 1/12/2021 at 9:30 AM, knudson81 said:

599794576_srixonirontesting.jpg.d64c5cf7a39851cbc703fa3edd66f63e.jpg

The new Srixon ZX5 and ZX7 irons have been announced and they are some of the most talked about irons in the forum. We are looking for 3 members to test out the ZX iron set of their choice and report back to the community! Make sure to apply now so you can get your chance to test these really good irons out!

ZX5 Irons

Srixon’s ZX5 Irons combine pioneering ball speed technology with premium forged feel, and deliver all of it in a forgiving yet workable chassis that’s razor sharp at address. A milled pattern on the backside of each ZX5 Iron face maximizes COR for more ball speed and more distance on every shot. Grooves in the 8i through PW are sharper, narrower, and deeper for more spin and stopping power on approach shots into the green. V-Shaped soles glide smoothly through turf, even if you strike slightly behind the ball. ZX5 Irons also feature the resurgence of our popular sole notches. Tungsten in the toe of ZX5's long and mid irons (3i-7i) increases MOI for more stability and forgiveness. A forged SUP10 face enhances speed and distance while a forged 1020 Carbon Steel body absorbs vibrations for an extremely soft feel.

ZX7 Irons

A compact blade shape, narrow topline, single-piece forging, and narrow sole give ZX7 the workability, feel, and aesthetics of a world-class players iron. Mass repositioned to ZX7's sweet spot and perimeter provide a remarkably soft feel at impact and increased workability. Grooves in the 8i through PW are sharper, narrower, and deeper for more spin and stopping power on approach shots into the green. V-Shaped soles glide smoothly through turf, even if you strike slightly behind the ball. ZX7 Irons also feature the resurgence of our popular sole notches. Tungsten in the toe of ZX7's long and mid irons (3i-7i) increases MOI for more stability while the forged 1020 Carbon Steel body absorbs vibrations for an extremely soft feel.

How To Enter

In a post below, answer the following questions

1. City and State?

2. Handicap?

3. Are you able to test equipment on a golf course with one week of its receipt?

4. Current Iron setup?

That's it. GolfWRX and Srixon Golf will select the testers in about 2 weeks. This is for good-standing members in the USA only. 

I'll throw my name into the hat.

1. Tucson AZ 

2. About a ~15

3. ZX5 - need something with a little more forgiveness. I have really good ball striking days, and some days where I need a little more forgiveness. And I shouldn't have an issue testing within 1 week of receipt. 

4. Ping Raptures (the OG's) with stiff AWT steel shafts

5. I think they look sexy, and I love that Srixon is more of a "sleeper" brand. They don't have brand recognition like the big golf brands, and I like that.

6. Absolutely

Edited by kthomas

On 1/12/2021 at 8:30 AM, knudson81 said:

599794576_srixonirontesting.jpg.d64c5cf7a39851cbc703fa3edd66f63e.jpg

The new Srixon ZX5 and ZX7 irons have been announced and they are some of the most talked about irons in the forum. We are looking for 3 members to test out the ZX iron set of their choice and report back to the community! Make sure to apply now so you can get your chance to test these really good irons out!

ZX5 Irons

Srixon’s ZX5 Irons combine pioneering ball speed technology with premium forged feel, and deliver all of it in a forgiving yet workable chassis that’s razor sharp at address. A milled pattern on the backside of each ZX5 Iron face maximizes COR for more ball speed and more distance on every shot. Grooves in the 8i through PW are sharper, narrower, and deeper for more spin and stopping power on approach shots into the green. V-Shaped soles glide smoothly through turf, even if you strike slightly behind the ball. ZX5 Irons also feature the resurgence of our popular sole notches. Tungsten in the toe of ZX5's long and mid irons (3i-7i) increases MOI for more stability and forgiveness. A forged SUP10 face enhances speed and distance while a forged 1020 Carbon Steel body absorbs vibrations for an extremely soft feel.

ZX7 Irons

A compact blade shape, narrow topline, single-piece forging, and narrow sole give ZX7 the workability, feel, and aesthetics of a world-class players iron. Mass repositioned to ZX7's sweet spot and perimeter provide a remarkably soft feel at impact and increased workability. Grooves in the 8i through PW are sharper, narrower, and deeper for more spin and stopping power on approach shots into the green. V-Shaped soles glide smoothly through turf, even if you strike slightly behind the ball. ZX7 Irons also feature the resurgence of our popular sole notches. Tungsten in the toe of ZX7's long and mid irons (3i-7i) increases MOI for more stability while the forged 1020 Carbon Steel body absorbs vibrations for an extremely soft feel.

How To Enter

In a post below, answer the following questions

1. City and State?

2. Handicap?

4. Current Iron setup?

Workability design, sole shape for turf and the tungsten in longer irons

Absolutely!

That's it. GolfWRX and Srixon Golf will select the testers in about 2 weeks. This is for good-standing members in the USA only. 

1. City and State?

Portland,OR

2. Handicap?

+1

3. What ZX iron set do you want to test?

Zx7 for sure! 

Absolutely, I play cash games 2-3x/week

4. Current Iron setup?

Apex pro MB18 

1. Baltimore, Maryland

2. +1

3. ZX7

3. YES

4. Honma 737V / Mitsu MMT 

5. Won't know until i hit them

6. Yes

Titleist TSR3 8* / Fuji Ventus Black TR 6X               

Titleist TSR2+ / Fuji Ventus Black TR 7X               

Callaway UW / Fuji Ventu Black 8X

Edel SMS iron 4-5 / DG TI X100 /////  SMS PRO irons 6-PW / DG TI X100

Edel SMS 50V, 54T, 60T / DG TI S400/ BGT ZNE 130