2021 EQUIPMENT LAUNCHES (Running thread of all our launch pieces)

On 1/16/2021 at 9:10 AM, getair23 said:

Yes, totally agree.  Most people who don't know there is draw bias will greatly benefit from it.  I haven't seen any of the new Callaway stuff in the flesh to know if the draw is from internal weighting or face angle.  

Between the bonded fairways and 11 drivers on the USGA conforming list, this years release has left me a little less excited than most Epic reveals.  

I will give them credit for the ability to remove the chevron on the crown as an option through Callaway Customs.  

The draw bias is from the carbon toe section’s weight savings. When you hit the Speed it is as neutral as can be. I hit my Mavrik really straight. It’s been super reliable for me since I bagged it last March. I hit my Mavrik 9° against the Speed 9° with my shaft and there was so little difference in dispersion it’s not funny. The Speed   seemed to manage spin on my low center hits better than Mavrik. The LS 9° was nice too but probably not a fit for me. I don’t move the weight around the track because it makes the club feel out of balance to me. With LS, the ball wanted to fall more right than I like to see so I didn’t spend too much time with it (15 or so balls). Interesting thing being, the LS spin average was just slightly below the Speed’s average for me. That’s the difference between a straight flight and a fade flight for me which cost me carry distance. 

• Like 3

Ping G430 Max 10K 10.5° driver - Diamana GT 60S

Ping G430 Max 15° #3 fairway - Diamana TB 70S

Ping G430 Max 21° #7 fairway - Diamana TB 80S

Ping G430 Max 26° #5 hybrid - MMTh 90S

Mizuno Pro 243 4-PW irons - MMT 105S

Mizuno T24 Raw 48°-10S wedge - MMT 105S

Mizuno T24 Raw 54°-10S and 60°-06X wedges - MMT Scoring Wedge 105S

Ping PLD Ally Blue 4

Titleist Pro V1x

4 hours ago, SwooshLT said:

Do you think the tour Speed is set differently in either internal weighting or face angle?  

Probably. You can see already there is a weight in the middle in the front. Typically the triple diamond is more fade bias. So I would think it would be a killer set up.

• Like 1

Driver: Paradym 3D Ventus black TR 6x

3 wood: Paradym 3d Ventus black TR 7x

19 degree UW: Ventus black TR 8x

Mizuno Pro Fli Hi 4 utility Hazrdus black 90 6.5 X

5 -PW: Callaway Apex MB, KBS $ taper 130X

Wedges - Jaws raw 50, 54, 59 KBS $ taper 130x

Putter- Mutant Wilson Staff 8802 with stroke lab shaft
BALL; Chrome Soft X

There’s a Speed Version 1 which is the retail Speed head. Speed Version 2 has the from and rear weight port. V2 is the head Xander and Rahm are using. V2 is neutral to fade. V1 is neutral to slight draw. Hotmelt will help offset the design bias if that’s your desire. 

242AB32A-EB11-4425-A929-71AE35A41052.jpeg

D5DDC10A-B2A3-42C7-9F99-16BF9DB4FDBD.jpeg

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

Ping PLD Ally Blue 4

Titleist Pro V1x

On 1/14/2021 at 2:23 PM, DirtyBirdie2 said:

this one.. sorry this the best photo I have

73026713-FB9A-4160-9799-C5F4B9EDE058.png

Any info on the TM wedge coming out on Jan 19th? Is that the new Hi-Toe, or a Milled Grind update?

Callaway Paradym X (11*) / Hzrdus Black Smoke 6.0

Callaway Paradym X (15*) / Hzrdus Silver 6.0

Callaway Rogue St Max OS (21*) / Tensei AV Blue 75 S

Srixon ZX5 (4-PW) / Nippon Modus3 Tour 105 S

Cleveland RTX 6 Zipcore (52* Mid, 58* Mid) / DG Spinner

Odyssey White Hot OG 7 S

WITB on WRX

On 1/14/2021 at 2:23 PM, DirtyBirdie2 said:

this one.. sorry this the best photo I have

73026713-FB9A-4160-9799-C5F4B9EDE058.png

Any info on the TM wedge coming out on Jan 19th? Is that the new Hi-Toe, or a Milled Grind update?

Edit: Don’t know why this posted twice

Edited by BallerNate
Posted twice

Odyssey White Hot OG 7 S

WITB on WRX

20 hours ago, doctorgolf said:

Also interested in this as I'm about to replace my MG1s this season 

When I posted my message, I didn’t realize the 19th was tomorrow, Lol! Hopefully we’ll be getting updates then. I’m considering new wedges too, so looking forward to getting the news about TM’s new wedge lineup! Probably going to game the MG1’s at least one more season since I just bought them this Fall, but I could be convinced otherwise like any other club Ho! 😉

Edited by BallerNate
  • Like 1

Odyssey White Hot OG 7 S

WITB on WRX

Hit them this weekend, and here’s my subjective rankings, heads were all set to as close to 10* as possible and Rogue White used for 3/5 heads and then RDX Black for the TSI3 and 2.0 SIM:

Performance
TSi3
Max LS
2.0 Standard
425 LST

425Max

Feel
Max LS
TSI3 
425 LST

2.0 Standard

425Max

Sound
Max LS
TSI3
2.0 Standard
425 LST

425Max

Spin

Max LS
2.0 Standard
425 LST

425Max
TSI3

Will end up in a TSI3 to start the season and/or possible Max LS.

Max LS is ranked first in 3 of 4 categories and 2nd in the other but isn’t your first pick to buy. Was the Titleist that much better performing or was it something else?

Ping PLD Ally Blue 4

Titleist Pro V1x

14 hours ago, noodle3872 said:

Max LS is ranked first in 3 of 4 categories and 2nd in the other but isn’t your first pick to buy. Was the Titleist that much better performing or was it something else?

Exactly my question.   Unless you absolutely hate the looks, or just want Titleist because you like that brand, why not the LS??

Callaway Epic Max LS
Callaway Epic Speed Fairway
Callaway X Forged 21* UT
Callaway Apex 21, 5-AW
Callaway MD4, 52, 56, 60
Scotty Cameron, Squareback 2

23 hours ago, noodle3872 said:

Thats a great question. Probably dispersion, and just overall likeness to finally go back to a Titleist driver I know performs.

like the shape of the smaller head as it reminds me of 910 D3 which was probably the best I hit the ball.

I can always go back to the LS and can source a head fairly easily through my local shop if needed.

One point - my +AOA and inside out swing leads to lower spin numbers than optimal and I couldn’t get Max LS really above 2400 spin consistently, with many in the 1800 range. TSI3 was between 2200-2500 for my 168ball speed which was ideal

Edited by J-Zone

7 hours ago, J-Zone said:

Thats a great question. Probably dispersion, and just overall likeness to finally go back to a Titleist driver I know performs.

like the shape of the smaller head as it reminds me of 910 D3 which was probably the best I hit the ball.

I can always go back to the LS and can source a head fairly easily through my local shop if needed.

One point - my +AOA and inside out swing leads to lower spin numbers than optimal and I couldn’t get Max LS really above 2400 spin consistently, with many in the 1800 range. TSI3 was between 2200-2500 for my 168ball speed which was ideal

Sounds like I need to throw the TSi3 into the mix, as I have similar ball speeds, "suffer" from too much in to out, and have approximately +4 AOA.

sorry if this has been already posted ? but sim2 max irons on website ?

https://www.taylormadegolf.co.uk/SIM2-Max-OS-Iron/DW-TA170.html?cgid=taylormade-SIM2#start=13&

Cobra Radspeed XD 10.5
Callaway rogue 3 wood
Callaway rogue 5 wood
Callaway Hawkeye 7 wood.
Taylormade M6 irons 5 to pw,aw, sw, 2 degrees upright +half an inch longer
Callaway  mack daddy cb 60 wedge
Titleist trufeel/Callaway supersoft balls
Odyssey 7s black

The new iron offerings are so good. I almost feel like 2021 is going to be my Year of the Iron.

On my radar for a fitting:

Ping G425

Callaway Apex DCB

Mizuno JPX 921 Hot Metal

Titleist T300

Srixon ZX5 (maybe the best looking iron in recent memory)

Srixon ZX4 (if rumors about this iron are true)

PXG 0211 (can't rule it out with a $115 per club price point)

Anyone know if a 2021 version of the T300 is going to come out this year?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, BirdieRoll said:

The new iron offerings are so good. I almost feel like 2021 is going to be my Year of the Iron.

On my radar for a fitting:

Ping G425

Callaway Apex DCB

Mizuno JPX 921 Hot Metal

Titleist T300

Srixon ZX5 (maybe the best looking iron in recent memory)

Srixon ZX4 (if rumors about this iron are true)

PXG 0211 (can't rule it out with a $115 per club price point)

Anyone know if a 2021 version of the T300 is going to come out this year?

Don't sleep on T200.....way more forgiving than appears

On 1/12/2021 at 10:45 PM, SeaIsland said:

Would like some Cally Apex clarification on one point: The MMT graphite option definitely grabbed my attention. So, I looked up the 95 weight class on the MCA website and guess what? It isn't there. Across both the taper and parallel versions there are 85,90, and 105s --no 95s. So is the 95 a made-for version?

I believe the odd number weights are the MMT Taper irons ( mid to lower mid launch).  The even number "weights" are the standard shafted MMT some say mid to high mid trajectory.) Both are actually on their website   There is a good review on the MMT  here:  https://pluggedingolf.com/mitsubishi-mmt-iron-shaft-review/    enjoy!

G410 Plus 10.5
G410  3W 16d
RogueX 17 22 H

Sub70 699Pro 6 - 9

T20 PW
CBX 52 56 60
Newport 2 

What Wilson has done with the D9 lofts border on fraud when they stamp the bottom of their irons! 🙂 27degees!  Can we say loft-tillicious?  Of course they will be crazy long for a "7iron" however the really smart move, in my opinion, was their working with KBS using their new MAX shaft series for extremely high launch light weight shafts to increase decent angle. They will hold greens more than likely better than last year's super strong clubs.  They are also very nice looking for a member of the chunky family of irons.  Very smart move with KBS but frankly the club is aimed IMO to trap the less consistent slower swing speed golfer during a fitting on the "wow" crazy long numbers on the golf monitor.   You will need at least 5 wedges in a set 🙂    I still give them a hat tip for designing a club for a large market need more distance market.   Whatever floats your boat !

Edited by stugotz
grammar / humor

G410 Plus 10.5
G410  3W 16d
RogueX 17 22 H

Sub70 699Pro 6 - 9

T20 PW
CBX 52 56 60
Newport 2 

25 minutes ago, DeboPga78 said:

First time out at the range with my new clubs. Refresher - I did an X5/x7 combo split 7/8. 12 handicap. Also first time ever hitting Srixons off dirt vs mats. First impressions - these are great clubs. Have been dealing with a hand injury so haven’t hit balls for 5 weeks. So was expecting to hit the ball poorly. Surprisingly hit the ball well and I think the clubs had a lot to do with it. 

I am generally a very shallow swinger so was concerned I wouldn’t like the v sole base on feedback I’ve read on this site. I actually loved them. Made me more confident to hit down on the ball and take nice divots. X7 feels much better than the X5. X7 feels like butter when you hit it pure. X5 feels harder but faster. I probably could have gotten the X7 7 iron because I didn’t have any issue hitting the 8 iron. But need more reps on course over time to see if I made the right split. 

Since I have problems, last night I picked up a set of Jpx 921 forged irons off of BST. I was debating for months which to go with. Since I got a good deal on both, (thank you @pdiddy3 and @JourdanM) I’ll play both for a bit and just keep the one I like more. Thought it would be better to scratch the itch now vs always wondering. 

Even though it was one range session, Srixons will be hard to beat. I think the v soles are the real deal. If you’ve never tried them, I suggest you do. 

For my fellow shallow swingers who want to try to take more of a divot (which I do), the v sole actually makes you feel more confident to swing down and not hit it fat. 

Great feedback!

I think, to you point, many shallow swingers should do well with this sole design. It offers the opportunity to be more aggressive down through the shot and I think even if a shallow swing is delivered the contact will be clean as long as there is ample forward shaft lean. That’s gonna negate the effects of the extra leading edge bounce and a thin strike.

For those with early release the extra bounce on the V-Sole could benefit them as well because the effects of the steeper impact into the turf will be some why minimized by the design.

They many still dig some turf but it will be much less than without the V-Sole.

People really need to try the new Srixon’s to see if they can find benefit from the V-Sole.

Going back to a Z745 sole design is what sets Srixon apart from so many other Brands. 

The bonus is they look sexy and feel like a a club you can’t wait to hit again.

Rox

2023 in the Bag!

Rogue Max Ls 9°/HZRDUS Gen 4 Black 6.5 70<br  />TSi2 15°/Aldila Green 75X<br/>Epic Flash 21°/Tour Green 75X<br/>Maltby TS1-iM 4-6 iron Modus 115X<br/>

Honma 747V/DG120-S400 7-PW<br/>Jaws 50°, 54° & 58°/DG Tour Issue S400<br/>Scotty Cameron 5.5M<br />Callaway Chrome Soft and
Sun Moutain C130/ClicGear Rovic cart with Alphard E-Wheels V2

Backups:

Bridgestone Tour-B X-CB/DG120 S400 Tour Issue 5-PW

On 1/23/2021 at 11:44 AM, stugotz said:

What Wilson has done with the D9 lofts border on fraud when they stamp the bottom of their irons! 🙂 27degees!  Can we say loft-tillicious?  Of course they will be crazy long for a "7iron" however the really smart move, in my opinion, was their working with KBS using their new MAX shaft series for extremely high launch light weight shafts to increase decent angle. They will hold greens more than likely better than last year's super strong clubs.  They are also very nice looking for a member of the chunky family of irons.  Very smart move with KBS but frankly the club is aimed IMO to trap the less consistent slower swing speed golfer during a fitting on the "wow" crazy long numbers on the golf monitor.   You will need at least 5 wedges in a set 🙂    I still give them a hat tip for designing a club for a large market need more distance market.   Whatever floats your boat !

Wow what a unique and completely original point of view on lofts that no one has ever heard before. 

OK now that that's out of the way, yeah that's EXACTLY who Wilson is going after with this line. And it makes perfect sense. They've got the D7 forged and new CB for better players, so let's keep the D line focused on players who need max forgiveness in a great looking package. 

Wilson/Staff clubs have always floated my boat so I'll gladly go try them out. 

On 1/15/2021 at 6:59 PM, tj7644 said:

Interesting that the G425 was slower.   Wouldn't have thought that from previous Ping drivers.   Good to know.   Thanks.

That is very interesting!  I went into Club Champion last week (thursday) and the G425 was one of the best for me from a data perspective.  Speed and consistency was one of the best out of 7 drivers that I tried.   The Srixon driver was terrific as well but unfortunately nothing earth shattering to kick my Mavrik SZ out of my bag; not yet anyway.     

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Driver: Titleist TSR4 - Folds of Honor Ventura Blue TR
Fairway: Taylormade Stealth 2 16.5 - Tour UB TX

7 Wood: PXG Gen 5 7 wood - AD XS

Hybrid: PXG Gen 6 22* 4 - Tour AD 95x
Irons:   PXG 0317 CB 5-G - Steelfiber Reserve 110cw
Wedges:  TaylorMade MG3 54* / Taylormade Hi Toe 58* - KBS TGI
Putter: 1st - Low Tide Stability BLACK / Odyssey Tank Stability Black CounterBalance / Goodwood M6
Ball: Titleist -Prov1x, 2022 AVX, Tour B XS, TP5x  (Left Dash is number 1 ball but Bridgestone XS is close second)