The perfect walker's bag, why is it so hard to get it right?

Just now, MikeW2 said:

It might be, I just wasn’t feeling it today. I guess I could have spent more time playing with the straps. 

The new puck system on the PING bags is clutch for perfect balance, worth dialing in the straps.  I may have been lucky, straps worked perfectly for me as received. 

• Like 1

PING i20 10.5*

Adams a7 19*, 22*

Maltby TS3 Forged 5-9

Vokey SM7 46F, 52F, 58M

PING BeCu Anser

Srixon QST

On 1/21/2021 at 2:22 PM, Devin the Dude said:

Has anyone tried the Vessel Player bags?  Obviously super nice but I'm wondering if 6lb is just too heavy.

I have the players 2.0 bag. Amazing quality, one of the best looking bags on the market I think. Doesn't have big annoying logos all over it. But its heavy. I got it because I go to the range alot and I almost always ride. Im in this thread because I want to walk a bit more this year to get some exercise. So there's that. Lol

20210215_193433.jpg

20210215_193354.jpg

I just happened to pop into our pro shop today as I was out driving around for work. I took a look at the new Ping Moonlite. I honestly don't know what else a guy would need. We loaded it up with 14 clubs. It carries nice, weighs next to nothing. Nice sturdy plastic top so it could even fit in a power cart if need be for emergencies. You can single or double strap it, whatever you wish (I always like to carry these types of sunday bags with a single strap). The second strap just clips off easily. Its got room for everything you need. Good water bottle holder. The underside of the bag is waterproof. I do think I am going to get one for this summer... it seems like a no brainer to me.

Driver: Ping G430 Max

Fairway: Ping G425 Max

Hybrid: Adams Pro Black

Irons (5 to U): Ping I525

Wedges (56, 60): Ping Glide 2.0 Stealth

Putter: Bettinardi BB5

Just now, mikedejong33 said:

I just happened to pop into our pro shop today as I was out driving around for work. I took a look at the new Ping Moonlite. I honestly don't know what else a guy would need. We loaded it up with 14 clubs. It carries nice, weighs next to nothing. Nice sturdy plastic top so it could even fit in a power cart if need be for emergencies. You can single or double strap it, whatever you wish (I always like to carry these types of sunday bags with a single strap). The second strap just clips off easily. Its got room for everything you need. Good water bottle holder. The underside of the bag is waterproof. I do think I am going to get one for this summer... it seems like a no brainer to me.

This is the bag I was looking at by the way:

Capture.JPG

Driver: Ping G430 Max

Fairway: Ping G425 Max

Hybrid: Adams Pro Black

Irons (5 to U): Ping I525

Wedges (56, 60): Ping Glide 2.0 Stealth

Putter: Bettinardi BB5

3 hours ago, mikedejong33 said:

This is the bag I was looking at by the way:

Capture.JPG

I've looked at the moonlite before, just doesn't make much sense to me to pass on a stand.  The added usefulness of a stand greatly exceeds the added weight imo.

PING i20 10.5*

Adams a7 19*, 22*

Maltby TS3 Forged 5-9

Vokey SM7 46F, 52F, 58M

PING BeCu Anser

Srixon QST

Well, I don’t know if it’s going to be perfect, but could be perfect for me.

Just picked up the OGIO Fuse 4 Stand Bag in Black Stealth! Looked at the PING Hoofer Lite, Titleist Players 4, and TM Select Plus, but this Fuse 4 was the perfect mix of size, weight, features, straps, and looks that I was looking for...we’ll see how it goes!

D8726BAA-CDAA-42A1-B2F1-E7A229A4B68C.jpeg

B68788B3-38CF-41DE-9DD1-3F841B55F382.jpeg

06F0216B-6A5E-4B8F-B546-E4F961BF0DC8.jpeg

• Like 1

Callaway Paradym X (11*) / Hzrdus Silver 6.0

Callaway Paradym X (15*) / Hzrdus Silver 6.0

Callaway Big Bertha 23 (19*) / Cally RCH 65 S

Srixon ZX5 (4-PW) / Nippon Modus3 Tour 105 S

Cleveland CBX (48*), RTX 6 Zipcore (52* Mid, 58* Mid) / DG Spinner

Odyssey White Hot OG 7 S

WITB on WRX

41 minutes ago, BallerNate said:

Well, I don’t know if it’s going to be perfect, but could be perfect for me.

Just picked up the OGIO Fuse 4 Stand Bag in Black Stealth! Looked at the PING Hoofer Lite, Titleist Players 4, and TM Select Plus, but this Fuse 4 was the perfect mix of size, weight, features, straps, and looks that I was looking for...we’ll see how it goes!

D8726BAA-CDAA-42A1-B2F1-E7A229A4B68C.jpeg

B68788B3-38CF-41DE-9DD1-3F841B55F382.jpeg

06F0216B-6A5E-4B8F-B546-E4F961BF0DC8.jpeg

I ordered a Fuse when Ogio had a 30% off sale and because they offered free returns.  Sent it back immediately as I found the strap system very uncomfortable.  The straps themselves were decent, but I couldn't find a sweetspot where the bag would balance on the shoulders, it always wanted to rock around with each step.  It's a good looking bag though and the layout was pretty good.  Don't know why they made the valuables pocket so deep though, if I kept it I was going to sew it from the inside to make it shallower.

PING i20 10.5*

Adams a7 19*, 22*

Maltby TS3 Forged 5-9

Vokey SM7 46F, 52F, 58M

PING BeCu Anser

Srixon QST

51 minutes ago, brew4eagle said:

I ordered a Fuse when Ogio had a 30% off sale and because they offered free returns.  Sent it back immediately as I found the strap system very uncomfortable.  The straps themselves were decent, but I couldn't find a sweetspot where the bag would balance on the shoulders, it always wanted to rock around with each step.  It's a good looking bag though and the layout was pretty good.  Don't know why they made the valuables pocket so deep though, if I kept it I was going to sew it from the inside to make it shallower.

Interesting...good to know. Still a couple of months with snow on the ground here in the great white North, but can’t wait to hit the links in the Spring and try this bag out and all the new clubs!

Odyssey White Hot OG 7 S

WITB on WRX

I looked at that one too.  My main concern was the size of the feet on the legs interfering with the spots on a cart and possibly breaking.

I really like everything about the Hoofer lite, and am leaning that way, I just have to convince myself to go with a much smaller drink container on course.  Why couldnt the cooler pocket be just a little larger?

2 hours ago, miss0033 said:

I looked at that one too.  My main concern was the size of the feet on the legs interfering with the spots on a cart and possibly breaking.

I really like everything about the Hoofer lite, and am leaning that way, I just have to convince myself to go with a much smaller drink container on course.  Why couldnt the cooler pocket be just a little larger?

Are you talking about the feet on the legs of the OGIO Fuse 4?

Odyssey White Hot OG 7 S

WITB on WRX

17 hours ago, miss0033 said:

If you were referring to the Fuse 4, here’s a couple of pictures of the feet/legs when it’s upright. Pretty flat, I don’t think the feet or legs would interfere with a cart:

3B2F0EFE-A027-499A-BA9F-64EE24DE9077.jpeg

02226816-74C1-41D2-B1BB-22A59C877240.jpeg

Odyssey White Hot OG 7 S

WITB on WRX

1 hour ago, BallerNate said:

If you were referring to the Fuse 4, here’s a couple of pictures of the feet/legs when it’s upright. Pretty flat, I don’t think the feet or legs would interfere with a cart:

One thing to keep an eye out for with the Fuse-  I notice when watching No Laying Up videos that the legs on the Fuse bag sag badly when they're carrying.  Not sure if it's a one off or common with the Ogio bags.

• Like 1

PING i20 10.5*

Adams a7 19*, 22*

Maltby TS3 Forged 5-9

Vokey SM7 46F, 52F, 58M

PING BeCu Anser

Srixon QST

30 minutes ago, brew4eagle said:

One thing to keep an eye out for with the Fuse-  I notice when watching No Laying Up videos that the legs on the Fuse bag sag badly when they're carrying.  Not sure if it's a one off or common with the Ogio bags.

Ok, good to know. I’ll report back once the season starts and let you guys know if there’s any issues with the bag.

I had an OGIO Woodé cart bag that I owned from about 2005-20 that was rock solid, so I feel confident with their products. Hopefully this one will be as well made.

• Like 1

Odyssey White Hot OG 7 S

WITB on WRX

12 hours ago, BallerNate said:

Thanks for posting, I was referring to that bag.  I am aslo coming from a Late model Ogio hybrid bag that has held up well (2012~ish Ogio Grom).  It is starting to fall apart after 7 seasons (took 2 seasons off from having kids) and I also want something lighter as I find myself walking much more than I used to.  However, there are 2 courses I play at least once per year that are carts only due to distance between holes therefore my question about the cart legs.

Really hoping to get to a store soon to look at them more closely in person, but every time I drive by the parking lot is packed and my wife is nervous about me going in.

The sun Mountain Eco-lite and the Hoofer Lite are the front runners, but I would like to still see the Ogio; fuse and newer.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, miss0033 said:

Thanks for posting, I was referring to that bag.  I am aslo coming from a Late model Ogio hybrid bag that has held up well (2012~ish Ogio Grom).  It is starting to fall apart after 7 seasons (took 2 seasons off from having kids) and I also want something lighter as I find myself walking much more than I used to.  However, there are 2 courses I play at least once per year that are carts only due to distance between holes therefore my question about the cart legs.

Really hoping to get to a store soon to look at them more closely in person, but every time I drive by the parking lot is packed and my wife is nervous about me going in.

The sun Mountain Eco-lite and the Hoofer Lite are the front runners, but I would like to still see the Ogio; fuse and newer.

Ok, that’s what I thought. No problem, happy to help.

Yeah, totally understand it’s much easier to make decisions when you get to look at your options in person. 

When I went into the store this week, I guess the OGIO was probably the front-runner for me, but was open-minded to the PING, Titleist, TM, and Sun Mountain options as well.

I’ll be using power and push carts a few times a year also, and the Fuse 4 should be fine on carts from everything I’ve seen...it actually has a pass-through too. But it’s all personal preference at the end of the day.

Odyssey White Hot OG 7 S

WITB on WRX

I have two walking bags. Super light versions. 

I go hard on the golf course lol. The bags don’t fit prefect in many ways, but I don’t care.  I abuse them, and it gets the job done.  So for me, perfect is not falling apart. 

Radspeed 8, 13.5, 17.5/hzrdusgreentx                                                           Radspeed 21/tz4100m5+
Utility one length 3,4 iron/mmt105tx
                                                              Forged one length 6-9/x100 wedge onyx

vokey 46*8, 54*8, 62*8/s400 wedge onyx                                                    phantom x5/stabilitytour

Well, it turns out the OGIO Fuse 4 wasn’t the perfect bag for me after all. 

Returning it tomorrow and picked up a TaylorMade Flex Tech Lite bag instead. Biggest problem was that the opening on top was pretty tight on the Fuse 4, and the top section where I wanted to fit my Driver, 3W, Driving Iron, and putter wasn’t big enough.

There was also a lot of crowding in the other sections...and that was with only 13 clubs. Didn’t feel like I could’ve fit 14 clubs in it, and just too tight overall.

The Flex Tech Lite feels a little bit lighter, much better space and layout for clubs, and fits better on my push cart also for rounds that I won’t feel like carrying. We’ll see if it ends up being perfect or not.

Odyssey White Hot OG 7 S

WITB on WRX

43 minutes ago, tjhanch said:

Anyone know how the club compartment of the hoofer lite compares to the titleist players 4, size wise?  

Hoofer lite is bigger. The Players 4 Plus is about the same but the 2021 Players 4 (which I have) is definitely tighter, especially the top/driver well.  I am okay with it but had to move my 5 wood down with my long irons as there really isn't room for more than my driver, 3w, putter and an alignment stick.

• Like 1

"We're not here for a long time... we're here for a good time." 

Mizuno JPX 900 Driver w/ Speeder Evo II 661 Stiff
Mizuno JPX 900 3W, 5W w/ Speeder Evo II 661 Stiff
Titleist AP3 4, 5 irons w/ Project X LZ 6.0
Titleist AP2 6 - GW irons w/ Project X LZ 6.0

Callaway Jaws Tour Grey 54S & 58x w/ Project X LZ 6.0O

Odyssey 2-Ball Ten Tour Lined
Shapland Stand Bag 2.3

Clicgear 4.0

On 2/10/2021 at 9:11 PM, brew4eagle said:

Tried the new 3.5 LS, it's not that good

Hey @brew4eagle, just circling back to see what you didn’t like about the 3.5 LS?

Still looking for the perfect bag...bought and returned/sold 5 different bags in the last couple of months and I’m running out of options, Lol!

Odyssey White Hot OG 7 S

WITB on WRX

Hey @brew4eagle, just circling back to see what you didn’t like about the 3.5 LS?

Still looking for the perfect bag...bought and returned/sold 5 different bags in the last couple of months and I’m running out of options, Lol!

I have a Hoofer Lite and when I received the 2021 3.5LS I was comparing it directly to it.  It really wasn't much of a comparison.  Hoofer Lite is just a better bag for my needs.

I tried the FlexTech Lite, Ogio Fuse 4, Nike Sport Lite, 2021 Sun Mountain 3.5LS, and 2019 Sun Mountain 2.5+.  The Hoofer Lite and 2.5+ were considerably better than the others.  I chose the Hoofer Lite as it does the overall cart and carry task better (Hoofer Lite much better on a cart vs 2.5+).  If I walked the majority of my rounds I think I would have stayed with the 2.5+ (2019 model though, I don't like the 2020 or 2021 models).

• Thanks 1

PING i20 10.5*

Adams a7 19*, 22*

Maltby TS3 Forged 5-9

Vokey SM7 46F, 52F, 58M

PING BeCu Anser

Srixon QST

58 minutes ago, brew4eagle said:

I have a Hoofer Lite and when I received the 2021 3.5LS I was comparing it directly to it.  It really wasn't much of a comparison.  Hoofer Lite is just a better bag for my needs.

I tried the FlexTech Lite, Ogio Fuse 4, Nike Sport Lite, 2021 Sun Mountain 3.5LS, and 2019 Sun Mountain 2.5+.  The Hoofer Lite and 2.5+ were considerably better than the others.  I chose the Hoofer Lite as it does the overall cart and carry task better (Hoofer Lite much better on a cart vs 2.5+).  If I walked the majority of my rounds I think I would have stayed with the 2.5+ (2019 model though, I don't like the 2020 or 2021 models).

Awesome, thanks for that info! I found the Hoofer Lite a little too tight/small for what I was looking for, but I'll take another look at those tomorrow.

I've tried the Fuse 4, FlexTech Lite, and just picked up a 2019 3.5LS that was on sale today. So far I think the 3.5LS is the closest to what I'm looking for and looks like the most likely one I'd stick with, but I'll take another look at the 2.5+ and Hoofer Lite.

Odyssey White Hot OG 7 S

WITB on WRX

1 minute ago, BallerNate said:

Awesome, thanks for that info! I found the Hoofer Lite a little too tight/small for what I was looking for, but I'll take another look at those tomorrow.

I've tried the Fuse 4, FlexTech Lite, and just picked up a 2019 3.5LS that was on sale today. So far I think the 3.5LS is the closest to what I'm looking for and looks like the most likely one I'd stick with, but I'll take another look at the 2.5+ and Hoofer Lite.

Forgot I also had the 2019 3.5LS, I actually kept that for a season.  The only thing I didn't like was the apparel pocket often got stuck in the legs.  Didn't really affect anything though, it's a good bag.

• Like 1

PING i20 10.5*

Adams a7 19*, 22*

Maltby TS3 Forged 5-9

Vokey SM7 46F, 52F, 58M

PING BeCu Anser

Srixon QST

1 minute ago, brew4eagle said:

Forgot I also had the 2019 3.5LS, I actually kept that for a season.  The only thing I didn't like was the apparel pocket often got stuck in the legs.  Didn't really affect anything though, it's a good bag.

Nice...good to know! Yeah, I have a feeling I'll probably stick with the 3.5LS, but I'm going to make one more trip to the store tomorrow. It checks the most of the boxes I was looking for so far, but I could see what you mean about the apparel pocket for sure.

Odyssey White Hot OG 7 S

WITB on WRX

28 minutes ago, BallerNate said:

Nice...good to know! Yeah, I have a feeling I'll probably stick with the 3.5LS, but I'm going to make one more trip to the store tomorrow. It checks the most of the boxes I was looking for so far, but I could see what you mean about the apparel pocket for sure.

I think it was actually the 2018 model now that I'm looking at them online.  It was the model before they moved to the newer squarish lift handle.  Not a big deal, but I don't like the newer squarish look to the bag top and handle.  Sun Mountain had better looking bags around 2014-2018, then they started getting too plasticky and too modern for my personal tastes.  I still think the 2012-2014ish Three5 were the best Sun Mountain bags.  A tad heavier, but better made imo.

PING i20 10.5*

Adams a7 19*, 22*

Maltby TS3 Forged 5-9

Vokey SM7 46F, 52F, 58M

PING BeCu Anser

Srixon QST

8 minutes ago, brew4eagle said:

I think it was actually the 2018 model now that I'm looking at them online.  It was the model before they moved to the newer squarish lift handle.  Not a big deal, but I don't like the newer squarish look to the bag top and handle.  Sun Mountain had better looking bags around 2014-2018, then they started getting too plasticky and too modern for my personal tastes.  I still think the 2012-2014ish Three5 were the best Sun Mountain bags.  A tad heavier, but better made imo.

Interesting. Yeah, the '19 3.5LS looked almost identical to the '21...just very slight differences to the color outlines around the pockets, and the size of the logo. Got the '19 for about $100 cheaper than the '21, so it was a pretty easy decision since they're so similar.

Odyssey White Hot OG 7 S

WITB on WRX

Interesting. Yeah, the '19 3.5LS looked almost identical to the '21...just very slight differences to the color outlines around the pockets, and the size of the logo. Got the '19 for about $100 cheaper than the '21, so it was a pretty easy decision since they're so similar.

The 2021 3.5LS is quite a bit different than 2020 imo.  They fixed the apparel pocket issue, added a pocket, etc.  But definitely not worth paying more for. 

Edited by brew4eagle
Typo

PING i20 10.5*

Adams a7 19*, 22*

Maltby TS3 Forged 5-9

Vokey SM7 46F, 52F, 58M

PING BeCu Anser

Srixon QST

28 minutes ago, brew4eagle said:

The 2021 3.5LD is quite a bit different than 2020 imo.  They fixed the apparel pocket issue, added a pocket, etc.  But definitely not worth paying more for. 

Gotcha, makes sense. Yeah, going to use that extra $100 towards another RTX Zipcore tomorrow instead!

Odyssey White Hot OG 7 S

WITB on WRX

On 2/25/2021 at 7:25 PM, brew4eagle said:

The 2021 3.5LS is quite a bit different than 2020 imo.  They fixed the apparel pocket issue, added a pocket, etc.  But definitely not worth paying more for. 

Just following up to let you know I ended up deciding to stick with the ‘19 SM 3.5LS. Looked at all the PING, Titleist, TM, OGIO etc options, and still felt like the 3.5LS was the best fit for me overall.

Will let everyone know if there’s any issues with it, or if it does end up being “the perfect walker’s bag”. 

Odyssey White Hot OG 7 S

WITB on WRX