Ping 2021 putters...

Toothpaste

On 5/10/2021 at 7:37 PM, rkelso184 said:

Unfortunately the looks and soft face is where this putters positives finish. It's already out of the bag. Almost to soft, very hard to lag putt, inconsistent rolls (I know it's not the putters fault) I just can't get used to it. Almost seems to have a sweet spot that just launches the ball every now and then. Really wanted to love this but just can't.

Agreed. I love the idea of the soft/firm face but took a Tyne4 outside and A/B'ed against my Heppler Tyne and did not like the feel of the 2021 as much. Since when is a "soft" putter the best ? I count on a certain sound/feel to repeat and gauge distances. Maybe most all of you  "soft" putter fans just hit it closer to the pin than I do (20-40 footers!)!🙃

Edited by Steelhead
-

Hi all,

I wanted to get this absolutely confirmed. I've read that you can indeed order an adjustable length on these as a custom option. I now have my "store" telling me that it's not custom, and I have to pick 33/34/35. I think that's rubbish, because I've read elsewhere that adjustable remains an option.

Can someone sort me out on this? I don't want to be stuck to one length as I dial this in, literally.

Ping-logo-283444624.jpeg 410LST 9º (TourX) RogueST 3D (ADDI 6X) [OMG what?], 425 3w 14.5º (TourX), 430 3h 19º & 4 iCross (HZRDUS Red 6.0), i230 5-U, G4 54º, GFP 59º (DART105F4). 2021 Fetch (BGT Tour Black).

"Golf is just a dance with a stick, and a ball tells you how good a dancer you are."  LCP150mm in your fairway should be a full-time rule.

816517920_ScreenShot2021-05-13at11_49_56.png.b4f1d4a75b3156ad1f2063db62e0b4c4.png

Also, maybe someone here knows this… You look at the grips, and this confuses me.

The 58 Midsize says it's standard sized, and the 58 S says it's "midsized". Are these backwards?

Ping-logo-283444624.jpeg 410LST 9º (TourX) RogueST 3D (ADDI 6X) [OMG what?], 425 3w 14.5º (TourX), 430 3h 19º & 4 iCross (HZRDUS Red 6.0), i230 5-U, G4 54º, GFP 59º (DART105F4). 2021 Fetch (BGT Tour Black).

"Golf is just a dance with a stick, and a ball tells you how good a dancer you are."  LCP150mm in your fairway should be a full-time rule.

11 minutes ago, karstens_ghost said:

Hi all,

I wanted to get this absolutely confirmed. I've read that you can indeed order an adjustable length on these as a custom option. I now have my "store" telling me that it's not custom, and I have to pick 33/34/35. I think that's rubbish, because I've read elsewhere that adjustable remains an option.

Can someone sort me out on this? I don't want to be stuck to one length as I dial this in, literally.

Yes, you can order the adjustable length option. I ordered mine with the adjustable option, but I’m still waiting on it to ship and I pre-ordered it. 

2 hours ago, karstens_ghost said:

Hi all,

Yes you can order it with the adjustable shaft.  There was an upcharge of $40 CAD for my order to get the adjustable shaft.

2 hours ago, karstens_ghost said:

816517920_ScreenShot2021-05-13at11_49_56.png.b4f1d4a75b3156ad1f2063db62e0b4c4.png

Also, maybe someone here knows this… You look at the grips, and this confuses me.

The 58 Midsize says it's standard sized, and the 58 S says it's "midsized". Are these backwards?

The PP58 midsize is the same PP58 midsize that's been around for years. Thicker than the "Pingman" PP58 size, for sure, and by today's standards probably is considered a "standard" size grip. 

The PP58 midsize "S" is a tad thicker in the butt end and less tapered. It's about 10-12 grams heavier than the PP58 midsize. It's really a pretty similar size, though, just a bit different shape. I would call both grips midsized.

Also in case anyone else was wondering, Ping isn't selling their grips separately right now because Golf Pride was ravaged by a tree fungus that caused a rubber shortage. They expect to have them back in stock in the fall. I called because I wanted to know about whether I could buy the PP58 midsize S.

• Like 2

Callaway Rogue ST Max 10.5 deg.

Callaway Rogue ST Max 3L

Srixon ZX 3 hybrid

Ping S55 irons

Ping Glide 3.0 54 & 60 deg.

Odyssey White Hot Versa #1

I want to try the new PP58-S, too bad they won't be available. I love the flat surfaces. The PP61 was similar and it was excellent. The other thing you'll notice about the 58-S is the orientation around the shaft. Most grips have more mass on the underside of the grip, the shaft runs through the top - but this has the shaft going right through the middle. 

Honeymoon isn't over yet with the Tyne 4... My only complaint is the headcover.  It just doesn't fit very well and the top toe corner of my putter already picked up a couple of dings - and I carry a sunday bag, so things aren't jostling around at all, just packed in together.

Speed control, swing weight and feel of this putter is awesome.  I had my first round without a 3-putt in ages yesterday which is HUGE for me... and the crappy greens I play on.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Ping G400 MAX 9° Motore Speeder 757 Evolution Tour Spec S

Mizuno ST-3 15° 3W Ventus Blue Velocore 70S

Tour Edge Exotics EXS Pro 19° 3H HZRDUS Smoke Black 80X
                                                  PXG 0211 XCOR2 Xtreme Dark 5-GW Mitsubishi MMT 80S
Edison 55°/59° DG 115 S200 Tour Issue
Edel EAS 4.0
Camino Sunday Bag
Titleist ProV1

4 hours ago, Tupperwolf said:

Honeymoon isn't over yet with the Tyne 4... My only complaint is the headcover.  It just doesn't fit very well and the top toe corner of my putter already picked up a couple of dings - and I carry a sunday bag, so things aren't jostling around at all, just packed in together.

Speed control, swing weight and feel of this putter is awesome.  I had my first round without a 3-putt in ages yesterday which is HUGE for me... and the crappy greens I play on.

Some of Pings putter covers fit over the years....for an engineering company,  I'll tell ya

9 Clubs Sunday Bag

UST Mamiya - Lamkin - RXS 

https://forums.golfwrx.com/topic/1840618-witb-731-full-bag/

7 hours ago, animalgolfs said:

Some of Pings putter covers fit over the years....for an engineering company,  I'll tell ya

Their stock has left something to be desired. But their special head covers are the best, bar none. I have the Mr. Ping blade in black/multicolor and this year’s Masters release. Fits like a glove. 

• Like 2
PING G400 Max 10.5° (+)
PING G430 fairway 18° (F-), Alta CB S
PING G430 hybrid 22° (F-), Alta CB S
PING i530 5-U, DG Mid 115 S300
PING s159 54°-W (bent 52°), 58°-B, DG Mid 115 S300
PING Serene B60
Maxfli Tour Yellow

Are they really that much better?  I'd be willing to upgrade if I find one I really like in the future.  The problem is that the stock headcover perfectly matches my black/white/red setup.

PXL_20210511_225326585.jpg

• Like 4

Edel EAS 4.0
Camino Sunday Bag
Titleist ProV1

On 5/12/2021 at 7:48 PM, karstens_ghost said:

Hi all,

You can order, ANY length (fixed shaft), not just 33, 34, 35... OR you get the adjustable shaft at an upcharge if you're looking for that flexibility. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, bosevelt said:

Yes, but can you get it digitally lofted? And with 3 grams of hot melt in the toe?  

Going to need them to find the most open head they can as well to take out the left hand side of the green.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

G430 LST 9*
G15 17.5*
G425 19*
W/S Blade 3-P
S22 51* Zipcore 56* S20 60*
Sigma 2 Arna Stealth

Thanks guys... My home course isn't in great condition but all 18 holes have views of the ocean so I can't complain!

I played a quick 9 today and had my best 9 holes in a decade.  -1 with 3 bogeys and 4 birdies.  I even had a 3-putt bogey from 8 feet on a par 5 where I just overcooked it on a slope.. my fault, not the club's.  Loving this putter.  I've been playing around with left hand low and traditional grips... used a mix of the two today.  Kept my head down and listened for the ball to go in the hole which it did more often than not!

• Like 2

Edel EAS 4.0
Camino Sunday Bag
Titleist ProV1

I saw these yesterday. I’ve been a Ping guy for a very long time, but I have to say they have lost their mojo in the last few putter releases. 

• Like 4

TaylorMade Sim Max 9* @ 7* Fujikura Ventus Blue TR 5 Reg
Ping G425 3wd @ Flat setting Fujikura Ventus Blue TR 5 Reg 
Ping G425 7wd @ -1 Flat setting Fujikura Ventus Blue TR 6 Reg
Ping G425 22 hybrid @ Flat setting Fujikura Ventus Blue HB 6 reg
PXG Gen 4 0311XP 6-GW Fujikura Axiom 75 R2 

Cleveland CBX Zipcore 50*, 56*, 60* DG Spinner Stiff stepped soft
Evnroll ER7  33” Rosemark grip

I bought a Tyne C because I love the #7 shape and I'm a center shafted guy.

Everything about the putter is great...Except for the ultra soft face. Its almost a deal breaker for me after a week or so of work with it.

Having a hard time dialing in lag putts when it feels like some balls just rocket off the soft face. 

18 hours ago, Mcgeeno said:

I bought a Tyne C because I love the #7 shape and I'm a center shafted guy.

Everything about the putter is great...Except for the ultra soft face. Its almost a deal breaker for me after a week or so of work with it.

Having a hard time dialing in lag putts when it feels like some balls just rocket off the soft face. 

i had this with the 2021 Oslo H. The putter looked great and I loved the grip, but the face was wierd. Some putts felt very soft and others almost had a ting off the face. Accordingly, Distance control was all over the place. 

Taylormade M2 2017
Mizuno MX700 3W
Titleist 909h 19*
Srixon U65 23*
Srixon Z765 5-PW
Cleveland 588 RTXcb 50, 56, 60
Scotty Cameron Futura 5.5m

• 2 weeks later...

I went back to left hand low and holy smokes guys.  I finally found something with my putting!!!  This is a huge deal for me.  Suddenly I can see the line and I'm rolling the ball on line and with perfect speed every time.  What a relief.  I am finding outstanding speed control with the insert on this one.  I think it's definitely a personal preference.  For me I just don't have to think about it, just use my instincts and relax.  Bumpy greens and misreads mean I'm not making everything, but I haven't had a 3-putt in several rounds where I used to have at least 2, usually more. 

• Like 2

Edel EAS 4.0
Camino Sunday Bag
Titleist ProV1

I have the Tyne 4 and man, this thing looks so good behind the ball, without question the most confidence inspiring putter I have used yet.  BUT, I will agree, the face can get springy and on fast greens two weeks ago, I was eaten alive.  I just could not get the speed right and it really got me in the head.  Had 37 putts and shot 82 at my home course... real bummer.  On softer greens there is no putter that is more accurate for me so being at a loss, I pulled the trigger on a PLD Tyne to hopefully gain some distance control without the insert.  I am not giving up yet, the 2021 rolls the ball really nicely and I have had some great putting rounds but it really does force me to be 100% dedicated to the putt, which my brain has issues with at times..LOL  

Also, I bought the LE Masters Pingman mallet cover early on and while it fits a little sloppy on this mid mallet, I have not had an issue yet with the putter getting dinged.  

I just wish Ping would make a line like the Anser Milled again, black with some TR grooves.  Take my wallet.

Titleist TSr2 10*  GD UB 6s

Ping G430 LST 15* HZRDUS smoke yellow 70s

Ping G430 19* Tour Chrome 2.0 85s

Srixon ZX7 mkii 4-7, Z-Forged ii 8-P KBS CTL 110

Ping s159 50/12s, 54/10h, 58/8b  KBS Tour
Ping Anser Milled 2  34"