TENSEI Pro White 1K

autronicdsm

I went to club champion and they fitted me for the ping g425 max and 50(stiff) 1K.  I hit these about 30 yards further than my current driver combo (wishon 919 driver).  But, CC wanted to charge $1000+ for the combination.  It felt great and I was surprised how well I hit them with such a new setup.

Question:  I have seen the tensei 1K white shaft for $279 (ebay).  If I buy the shaft (with a Ping tip), can I just replace the standard shaft with the Tensei?  I know I will need the right tool in order to do so.  Or do I need a club fitter to do something in order to get the setup working?  I have never done this before.

Also - at CC, I was measured for 45 inch driver setup.  what is the length of the shaft I would order?

thanks for the help,

Luis

3 hours ago, el papa malo said:

I went to club champion and they fitted me for the ping g425 max and 50(stiff) 1K.  I hit these about 30 yards further than my current driver combo (wishon 919 driver).  But, CC wanted to charge $1000+ for the combination.  It felt great and I was surprised how well I hit them with such a new setup.

Question:  I have seen the tensei 1K white shaft for $279 (ebay).  If I buy the shaft (with a Ping tip), can I just replace the standard shaft with the Tensei?  I know I will need the right tool in order to do so.  Or do I need a club fitter to do something in order to get the setup working?  I have never done this before.

Also - at CC, I was measured for 45 inch driver setup.  what is the length of the shaft I would order?

thanks for the help,

Luis

You can buy the club with any shaft it comes with stock and change it to whatever you want. You should order the Tensei shaft uncut with the tip in the box and then take it to a builder near you to install the tip, trim it to the length you want and put on a grip. To me that is always preferable. I have a guy who does it for $15 plus grip cost. (You also could pull the Ping tip from the stock shaft and transfer it to the Tensei, but if you want to have two shafts to test and intend to sell the loser, it is nice to have tips on both.)

Callaway Paradym Triple Diamond 10.5 w/Diamana TB 60S

PXG GEN6 5 wood w/Diamana S-plus 70 stiff

Yamaha RMX VD 7 wood w/Diamana S-plus 70 stiff

Callaway Mavrik Pro hybrid (22) w/Aldila Tour Blue 85 stiff hybrid

Wilson Staff Model CB 5-G w/DG s300 shafts

Edel T grind 54 w/Nippon 125 wedge shaft

Fourteen RM-12 58 w/Dynamic Golds400

Axis1 Rose putter, 34 inches

Finally got to try a 1K in the 60s just out of curiosity.  Gave it a few range sessions but it could not replace my CK Pro White 70s.

Still gaming a Titleist 915D2 9.5.  Swing speed around 110mph.

The 1K misses were left which I absolutely hate.  The PW 70s rarely goes left.  I probably should be swinging an X-flex in the 60 but this is a case where the grass was not greener.  In fact it made me realize how much I loooove the CK Pro White.  YMMV.  The 1K 60s will be up on the wrx for sale.

Edited by jaymay82

3 minutes ago, jaymay82 said:

Finally got to try a 1K in the 60s just out of curiosity.  Gave it a few range sessions but it could not replace my CK Pro White 70s.

Still gaming a Titleist 915D2 9.5.  Swing speed around 110mph.

The 1K misses were left which I absolutely hate.  The PW 70s rarely goes left.  I probably should be swinging an X-flex in the 60 but this is a case where the grass was not greener.  In fact it made me realize how much I loooove the CK Pro White.  YMMV.  The 1K 60s will be up on the wrx for sale.

I expect at that speed you overpower the 60s. I am the same swing speed and I hit the 60x and the 60tx. 60x was great. This is Wrx - sell the 60s and get the X. 🤣

• Like 2

Driver(s) - TSR3 Ventus Red 6s and G430 Ventus TR 6x

TSR2 15* Di7s

Sim 2 19* / Tensei AV Blue 85s

Sim2 22* / Tensei AV Blue 85s

MP18 MMC 5-Pw

SM8 50* 

Jaw Raw 54s  

Vokey SM8 M Grind 59*

Spider Plumber's Neck

Callaway Chrome Tour X

On 8/29/2021 at 7:10 PM, el papa malo said:

thanks for the help,

Luis

Club Champion should give you all the specs. You'll want to know if they lightened the head. Ping heads come quite heavy so they may have put a lighter weight. 

TSR2 15* Di7s

MP18 MMC 5-Pw

SM8 50* 

Jaw Raw 54s  

Vokey SM8 M Grind 59*

Spider Plumber's Neck

Callaway Chrome Tour X

Just now, Kscarguy said:

Question for users . My average SS is around 110. I got a 60S on this site to try out. Y’all think it will be a problem or you think the stuff versu and x flex will be fine? 

All depends on your transition. My bad habit is pulling down on the handle. If you're a smooth swinger you'll have no issue. 

• Like 1

TSR2 15* Di7s

MP18 MMC 5-Pw

SM8 50* 

Jaw Raw 54s  

Vokey SM8 M Grind 59*

Spider Plumber's Neck

Callaway Chrome Tour X

29 minutes ago, Kscarguy said:

Question for users . My average SS is around 110. I got a 60S on this site to try out. Y’all think it will be a problem or you think the stuff versu and x flex will be fine? 

26 minutes ago, Benkross said:

All depends on your transition. My bad habit is pulling down on the handle. If you're a smooth swinger you'll have no issue. 

Agreed. It's a pretty stout, linear shaft so you're more likely to get away with a softer flex rating on this type of design, but it will definitely depending on your tempo and feel. 

• Like 1

Titleist TSi3 9* Tensei AV White 65TX 2.0 // Taylormade SIM 10.5* Ventus TR Blue 6TX
Taylormade Stealth+ 16* Ventus Black 8x // Taylormade SIM Ti V2 16.5* Ventus TR Blue 7X
Callaway Apex UW 19* Ventus Black 8x // Srixon ZX Utility MKII 19* Nippon GOST Prototype Hybrid 10
Callaway X-Forged Single♦️  22* Nippon GOST Hybrid Tour X 
Bridgestone 
J40 DPC 4i-7i 24*- 35* Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 7.0
Bridgestone J40 CB 8i-PW 39*- 48* Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 7.0

Taylormade Milled Grind Raw 54* Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 7.0
Vokey SM6 58* Oil Can Low Bounce K-Grind Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 7.0
Scotty Cameron Newport Tour Red Dot || Taylormade Spider X Navy Slant

16 hours ago, Benkross said:

I expect at that speed you overpower the 60s. I am the same swing speed and I hit the 60x and the 60tx. 60x was great. This is Wrx - sell the 60s and get the X. 🤣

Did you see a big difference between X and TX? I'm also in the same speed ballpark and have been debating between X with a little tipping or TX straight in. 

15 minutes ago, howeber said:

Did you see a big difference between X and TX? I'm also in the same speed ballpark and have been debating between X with a little tipping or TX straight in. 

When I was fresh, early in the round, the TX was great and laser straight. As I got tired, it was a little tougher for me to swing. For a TX, it didn't feel crazy stiff, but unless you have a really aggressive transition, I think the X should be fine. The shaft has a lot of feel while being really stable. TBH, I think either is a fine choice, just depends how hard you go after it on every swing. My swing speed is declining and I'm trying to be less jerky in transition so I went to X, untipped. 

Also, I am playing it at 45.5" and only a 200g headweight without adapter - approx D3. Using a Golf Pride Tour Wrap 2G, (2 build up wraps). If you play it shorter, you might wanna go X, if you wanna play longer, with more headweight and higher Swingweight, you might wanna go TX. All depends on your build. 

Edited by Benkross
Added details
  • Like 1

TSR2 15* Di7s

MP18 MMC 5-Pw

SM8 50* 

Jaw Raw 54s  

Vokey SM8 M Grind 59*

Spider Plumber's Neck

Callaway Chrome Tour X

This is a very initial review, but I had my first range session with the 80 TX.  My god this thing is good.  First, it was not demanding at all and I typically play an X not a TX.  Also, I hit it side by side with a Ventus Blue 8x and found it much more consistent.

The trajectory was a nice mid to high flight and dispersion was very tight.  More to follow...

EDIT:  Hit the 80tx so well off the tee I have picked up a 60tx for my driver.  80tx wasn't my favorite off the deck, but so so good off the tee.

Edited by Judge Smails
Update
  • Like 2

Tsi3 10* Tensel 1k White 70x
Tsi2 16.5* Tour AD TP 8X;

Apex UW 19* Aldila Green 8x

818h2 21* Atmos Blue 8x

Nike Vapor Fly Pro 4 iron

2019 T100 Tour issue 5-9 s400

SM9 46F, SM6 54s and 60s s400

Kenny Gianinni G2 Chubby

Anyone go head to head against a GD XC? Results?

Have an uncut 50TX 1k that I’m debating building up to test against an XC I’ve been playing with…

• Like 1

Paradym 🔹🔹🔹 8* w/ GD VF 6TX

OG Sim Ti 16.5 w/ D+ LTD 80TX

Cobra King Tec 19* w/ TZ6 95M5

T200-T150 4-PW w/ Accra TZi 115's

Cleveland CBX Zipcore 46* bent to 48* w/ Accra TZi 115

Cleveland CBX Zipcore 54* & Vokey SM9 60* D grind w/ PX LS 6.0's

LAB Mezz 1 65/35

Chrome Soft X LS

5 hours ago, jgreer1421 said:

Have an uncut 50TX 1k that I’m debating building up to test against an XC I’ve been playing with…

Also interested in XC vs Tensei 1K

Callaway Tour Issue Paradym TD-S 8.5 (7.9) - Fujikura Ventus Black TR 5X

TaylorMade TOUR Stealth 2 15 - Fujikura Ventus Red TR 7X
PXG 0317X Gen 5 19  (Actual 17.5) - Fujikura Ventus Blue 8X
PXG 0311X Gen 5 -  Fujikura Ventus Blue 9X

PXG 0317T - 4 - LAGP L-Series (5) X
Miura KM-700  5-PW - LAGP L-Series (5) X
PXG Milled "Sugar Daddy 2 " 50,54,60 - DG TI S400
Scotty Cameron Holiday LTD (23}/ LAGP 135 (White)

8 hours ago, jgreer1421 said:

2 hours ago, djhgolf said:

Also interested in XC vs Tensei 1K

On paper the 1K will be far more of a "one piece" kind of feel; softer in the handle and stiffer in the mid, whereas the XC will be more hinge-y like a typical Blue profile, just with a bit more stability. 

707153475_ScreenShot2021-09-01at2_12_51AM.png.d563f5574f2c54d75df5ae1227ebc579.png

Tensei 1k in black. 

https://www.golfshaftreviews.info/tensei-pro-white-1k-golf-shaft-review/
https://www.golfshaftreviews.info/graphite-design-tour-ad-xc-golf-shaft-review/

Edited by Valtiel
  • Like 1

Titleist TSi3 9* Tensei AV White 65TX 2.0 // Taylormade SIM 10.5* Ventus TR Blue 6TX
Taylormade Stealth+ 16* Ventus Black 8x // Taylormade SIM Ti V2 16.5* Ventus TR Blue 7X
Callaway Apex UW 19* Ventus Black 8x // Srixon ZX Utility MKII 19* Nippon GOST Prototype Hybrid 10
Callaway X-Forged Single♦️  22* Nippon GOST Hybrid Tour X 
Bridgestone 
J40 DPC 4i-7i 24*- 35* Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 7.0
Bridgestone J40 CB 8i-PW 39*- 48* Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 7.0

Taylormade Milled Grind Raw 54* Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 7.0
Vokey SM6 58* Oil Can Low Bounce K-Grind Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 7.0
Scotty Cameron Newport Tour Red Dot || Taylormade Spider X Navy Slant

On 8/30/2021 at 6:59 PM, Kscarguy said:

I'm a relatively smooth tempo player who swings at 110 and I play the 60TX (no tip trim). Try the 60S since you have it, but it wouldn't surprise me if you need to go up.

• Like 1

TaylorMade Stealth2 Plus 9.0, Ventus Black 6X, 45.5"

TaylorMade Stealth2 Plus 4 (16.5), HZRDUS Smoke Blue RDX 6.5 70g, 42.5"

TaylorMade P790 3 (2021), DG X100 (SSx2)

TaylorMade P7MC Raw 4-PW, DG Mid X100 (SSx1)
TaylorMade MG4 50, 54 - DG S400

Titleist SM9 58T - DG S400
Scotty Cameron Oil Can Newport, 34"
TaylorMade TP5x (2021)

My WITB Post

19 hours ago, Judge Smails said:

This is a very initial review, but I had my first range session with the 80 TX.  My good this thing is good.  First, it was not demanding at all and I typically play an X not a TX.  Also, I hit it side by side with a Ventus Blue 8x and found it much more consistent.

The trajectory was a nice mid to high flight and dispersion was very tight.  More to follow...

I found my 60s flight to be Mid-High but the spin was just perfect (Around 2300-2400).   For my SS it really performed right in my ideal window.

Taylormade QI10LS 10.5 (@9.5) Fujikura Ventus Velocore Blue 6S (Testing Velocore + 6S)
Taylormade Stealth 2+ 15 (@14.50) Fujikura Motore Speeder 8.1S Tipped .5"
Callaway Apex "21" 19/3H Aldila Rogue Black TS95 Tipped .5"
Taylormade SLDR 4i DGSLS300S
Taylormade P750 7-PW P770 5i-6i DG AMT White S300
Taylormade MG2 52 DGTIS400, MG4TW 56/12 DGTIS400, & Tour Issued MG3 Hi Toe 60/09 DGTIS200 115
Scotty Cameron TeI3 Long Neck Newport 2 34" (34")
Bridgestone Tour B XS (Testing New TP5x)

• 2 weeks later...

Update: currently trying the 50s 1k with 4g (2x2g strips next to each other front to back) lead tape added to the bottom front with slight heel bias and it's been $$.  More consistent with better dispersion than the 60s and fewer balls dropping out of the sky.  Still early but the 50s is firmly in the #1 spot in the rotation now.  I never tinkered with adding wt to the head before but what a concept!  Big difference for me.  Considering trying the VB, DF, and ZF but certainly happy with the 1k.

Cally Epic Speed and Mavrik Std 9* with Tensei 1k White 50s, Titleist TSi2 4w RDX Black, Callaway Apex 3 Hybrid 19* 70S, Titleist TSi2 4Hy, Mizuno 223 PX 5.5IO PW-5i, Titleist 50.08F, 54.10S, 58.08M, Cleveland Huntington Beach Soft Premier 11 35" putter; Driver SS 99-104mph, 4.0 index

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/31/2021 at 3:45 PM, Judge Smails said:

This is a very initial review, but I had my first range session with the 80 TX.  My good this thing is good.  First, it was not demanding at all and I typically play an X not a TX.  Also, I hit it side by side with a Ventus Blue 8x and found it much more consistent.

Was this in driver or 3W? 

5 hours ago, endy said:

Was this in driver or 3W? 

3 wood.  K in a Mizuno and Ventus in a Tsi2

• Like 1

Tsi3 10* Tensel 1k White 70x
Tsi2 16.5* Tour AD TP 8X;

Apex UW 19* Aldila Green 8x

818h2 21* Atmos Blue 8x

Nike Vapor Fly Pro 4 iron

2019 T100 Tour issue 5-9 s400

SM9 46F, SM6 54s and 60s s400

Kenny Gianinni G2 Chubby

I’m not one who swings faster with a lighter shaft, I get quick and more Inconsistent. I play my drivers with 70-75g shafts. I just picked up a 1K stiff, but it is 80 grams. Figure I will test it in a driver first and see how I like it. If it works, great. If it works but is too heavy, could alway try it in a fairway. (If these are suitable for fairways.) But I have found that going up in weight instead of flex pays off for me with some shafts. In fact, weight seems to be my No. 1 overall fitting priority. 

On 9/26/2021 at 8:52 PM, dmeeksDC said:

I’m not one who swings faster with a lighter shaft, I get quick and more Inconsistent. I play my drivers with 70-75g shafts. I just picked up a 1K stiff, but it is 80 grams. Figure I will test it in a driver first and see how I like it. If it works, great. If it works but is too heavy, could alway try it in a fairway. (If these are suitable for fairways.) But I have found that going up in weight instead of flex pays off for me with some shafts. In fact, weight seems to be my No. 1 overall fitting priority. 

Hit the 80g stiff in a Callaway Epic Max LS today. The 1K performed really well. Lowered the launch and took off some spin. Definitely a more penetrating flight vs the Ventus Red. I liked the feel of the 1K in the butt end. Felt like a whip through the ball. Didn’t hit any balls out of play. It did seem a tad heavy in my hands but it did not swing heavy. I am going to give it another session. Both of these shafts perform but I have to say the 1K’s one-piece feel was what I really found gave me confidence in its stability. 

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
On 10/6/2021 at 10:00 PM, rorykoepka said:

Seems like a lot of people are liking the 50tx. If I’m swinging 107 is that too much shaft for me? Right now playing the 70 gram hzrdus smoke green 6.0and it’s just the right amount of stiffness. Wanted to try a lighter weight

I have been playing the 50TX for a couple of months and love it. My SS is about 115, so I am actually going to move up to a 60TX or 70TX, but I think you'll want to try the 50TX if your at 107. The torque is pretty high and it's really light, so I don't think it's going to feel too stiff...

• 1 month later...
On 1/27/2022 at 7:14 PM, livigolfs said:

Crazy how no manufacturer has added this shaft as a custom option

That is weird. Great shafts and great looking. Very stable and somewhat stout. Can also turn a 3 wood into a bomber. 

• 2 weeks later...

Just placed my order for the Tensei 50 1K Pro White for my TaylorMade Stealth Plus 10.5*. Should be here next week, Thanks go out to Ken as I can't remember being this excited about a driver in a long long time. Details coming later.

Driver: Cobra  50th Anniversary Edition Aerojet 10.5 w/Graphite Design Tour AD IZ4 

3W: Callaway  Paradym X 3w/ Graphite Design Tour AD CQ5  

5/7W: Callaway Paradym X / Project X Hzrdus Gen 4 silver 5.5

Irons:  Titleist T-350 w/Aerotech i80r

Wedges:  Cleveland RTX 6 ZipCore 48* and 54* w/Aerotech i95r

Putter:  ENVROLL E2 34" with Stability Fire shaft  w/ Oversize Black PURE grip (rotate) ODESSEY EYE TRAX 2-BALL w/BGT Stability Carbon 33" 2 Thumb OG Lite 31 black grip