TENSEI Pro White 1K

autronicdsm

8 minutes ago, LowAndLeft32 said:

@osubuckeyes691 Nice. Where did you get the deal on this? Im suprised I havent seen any of these 1K pro white shafts pop up on the BST.

Found it on Facebook Golf Club Traders group

• Like 2

Titleist TSR2 - TPT Nitro 16lo
Taylormade SIM Ti 3w - Tensei 1k Black 85tx
Taylormade SIM Ti 5w - Fujikura Ventus Black 9x

Cobra Tec Hybrid 2 - Kai'li 90tx

Cobra Tec Hybrid 4 - Aldila Tour Black 105tx
Srixon ZX5/ZX& Mkii 5-PW - Project X 6.5

Callaway Jaws Raw 50s, 54s, 58z - BGT ZNE 130

Putter - LAB something or another

Alright, was able to get out for 18 on Saturday afternoon. The only thing I can say about my 50TX playing at 46 inches is wow. I’m playing it with a Sim 1 10.5 turned all the way down and I was hitting some absolute missiles with this.

Coming out of a Ventus blue 6X at 45 inches, I will be staying in this 1K 50TX until the WRX finds the newest latest and greatest LOL 

TaylorMade Qi10 9 - Ventus TR Black 7X

Taylormade Qi10 15 - Ventus TR Black 8X

Ping G430 4 & 5 Hybrid - Accra TZ5 95 HY M5

Titleist T150 5- PW Oban CT 125X 

Taylormade MG4 48 54 60 Oban CT 125X (-)

Taylormade MySpider GT L-Neck 

Ended up putting the 50TX in my SIM2 Max at 45-3/4”. Ball speeds and club speed is up though and it's a very tip stiff but smooth shaft. Low spin which is what I need with my AoA. 

Edit: selling and sticking with Epic Speed for now. Club ho for life I guess. 

Edited by Skhacker

well  its a keeper tensei 1k 50tx @45 with callaway max Ls head is flat out performing in the driver so good and stable with yet so much feel and feedback on strike i would say performance is on a par with ventus black but i like the feedback more it is also allowing me to put a smooth swing on with great results ventus black will find a home in my sim 2 titanium 3 wood i think.

Titleist tsr3 8* C1 Diamana zf60tx 44.75”

Ping g425 LST 14.5 Diamana zf70tx 42.5”

PXG gen 2 5 wood 18* Diamana TB80tx 41”

PXG GEN 2  hybrid 22* Ventus blue 9x tip 1.5 inch 39”

Mizuno mp20 MMC 5-pw kbs c-taper 130X

Mizuno t20 50* kbs c-taper 130x

Mizuno ES21 54/58 kbs c-taper 130x

Ping Sigma G Kushin 33" custom flat cat svelte 

-prov1x

1 hour ago, Latetogolf76 said:

well  its a keeper tensei 1k 50tx @45 with callaway max Ls head is flat out performing in the driver so good and stable with yet so much feel and feedback on strike i would say performance is on a par with ventus black but i like the feedback more it is also allowing me to put a smooth swing on with great results ventus black will find a home in my sim 2 titanium 3 wood i think.

Apologies if you posted this earlier, but wouldn’t a 50g shaft in the max LS head at 45” play quite light? Thought most of those heads are in the 196g range or so. Thanks!

31 minutes ago, JamesG12 said:

Apologies if you posted this earlier, but wouldn’t a 50g shaft in the max LS head at 45” play quite light? Thought most of those heads are in the 196g range or so. Thanks!

shaft is around 59/60 grams cut to length and head is 196 it is actually ok took some getting used to but i think because the shaft has higher torque and in turn more feel i can still feel the head my epic flash sz was hot melted to  202 with ventus black 6x and was mid d in swing weight i have tried max ls with the ventus and it would need more headweight like 6-8 grams lead tape i had on there to get it going and with age and some wearing out body parts i decided to transition over the next few years to lighter equipment and swing weights my current irons are d8 and i feel it after a round so lighter is the way forward to be a honest i didn't expect to find a 59 gram shaft as stable as the 50tx 1k hats off to  mitsubishi chemical.

-prov1x

Afternoon all - did a quick look thru here and trying to find feedback on a G425 Max head.

Current with a GB Epic 9* with Rogue Silver 70G S.  Fitted for this 4 years back and that shaft worked best among a handful I hit (though nothing too $$$).  I struggle with high launch and high spin (hence my current setup).  Now has been a few years since I have messed with something new and hit a G425 with the stock Alta 55 S very well.

Found a 9* G425 on eBay with a Rogue (similar to current) at 70G.  Tempted to try this TPW 1K in 60 or maybe even 50 but not sure of feel as I haven't even hit the new club yet.

Thanks in Advance!

Edited by subpar42
typos

I was recently  swing around 103 mph on track man but going to build either a 50x at 46” or 60x at 45.5” to stick in tm sim max 8 degree tour head. I’m hoping the spin is high enough. I’m guessing I’ll need to use hotmelt to get swing weight up. Any recommendations on which build to make.??

Edited by odshot68

Callaway AI Smoke TD 10.5 Project X Denali Black 60S 

Callaway AI Smoke Max Project X Denali Black 70S 3 Wood

Callaway Apex UW 19 & 21 deg MMT 70 Stiff

Mizuno JPX 923 HMP 5-PW Project X IO 5.5

Vokey SM10 50.08F & 56M DG S200

Callaway Jaws Raw Face Chrome 60Z DG Spinner 115 Steel

39" Odyssey Jailbird LE 380 Microhinge Putter

TaylorMade TP5

Vessel Lux XV 2.0 Black Cart Bag

Currently play Ventus black 6x in SIM2. Love the shaft, best I’ve ever used. But like most of you I’m a ho so I bought the 1K 60TX. Opted for the 60 as I didn’t want to play a 46” driver. Overall I found the shafts to preform pretty similarly. 1K launched a hair higher and spun a touch more. Feel was similar. Need more time with both. 

any of you have more experience w 1K vs Ventus black?

• Like 1

I went with 50tx coming from ventus black 6x and i love the extra feedback I get from the 1k so stable with great feel very consistent launch and spin and deals with my very aggressive transition remarkably well considering the higher torque and extra feel offered ventus black was the best I ever played in driver but the 1k is staying i have got my combo working without adding lots of headweight as with most other previous setups maybe it pairs well with the max ls which was a forced changed after cracking epic flash sz i can’t see this combo going anywhere but I’m a ho and said the same about epic flash sz/ventus combo although that was the longest a driver/shaft combo ever stayed in my bag 

-prov1x

So just got a 1k 70x installed in my Cally LS max head. Only but a few balls so far. However, the shaft is a clear standout from my current MMT 50s stock shaft. I read most of this tread but haven’t seen many comments on people using these in fairway woods. Has anyone tried in fairways? What should be the weight difference between driver and 3 wood?  Thanks. 

Paradym Triple Diamond 10.5*

1 hour ago, LowAndLeft32 said:

So just got a 1k 70x installed in my Cally LS max head. Only but a few balls so far. However, the shaft is a clear standout from my current MMT 50s stock shaft. I read most of this tread but haven’t seen many comments on people using these in fairway woods. Has anyone tried in fairways? What should be the weight difference between driver and 3 wood?  Thanks. 

Sounds like a killer combo.

Typically folks go up 10g in shaft weight for fairway woods.  So, you could try 80x in 3 wood.  I would obv test it first, may not be a great 3 wood shaft for you.  For example, I like a softer profile in my fairway woods to get the ball flight in a higher window.  

Edited by Avidswampthing66
  • Like 1

🤖 A.I Smoke TD 10.5 w/ GD VF 5S

Sim 2 Ti 5W w/Diamana TB 70S

2024 Apex UW w/Tensei 1K Pro Blue 70S

Apex Pro 4-5 Nippon Modus 105S 

Apex CB 6-PW Nippon Modus 105S 

Jaws Raw 50S, 54W, 58Z

37" Odyssey 2-Ball 10 Tour W/Superstroke Zenergy Tour 13"

Chrome Tour 

So my last couple of rounds I’ve split between my AF505XX and the 1K 60TX.  Will play front with one and back with the other.  Then the next round flipped it. The 1K is def a contender and it keeps up in the distance dept vs my Ventus Black 6X.  I wish I could have gotten a hold of a 50TX to see if the lighter weight would have given me more speed/distance.  

my AF505XX is longer, launches higher and gets roll as well.  However the 1K is pretty much point and shoot.  It does not feel boardy to me at all.  I really liked the Tensei Pro White before and this just is a better version of it as it seems to lower the spin for me, which gives me more roll out and total distance.  I switched the Ventus Black because it was as actuate for me as the previous Pro White but the Ventus was longer.  The 1K has made up that gap.

still deciding between the 1K and AF505XX on which to play.  when I’m completely warm and my back/kidneys don’t hurt I can easily get the best of both worlds (distance and dispersion) from the AF505XX  However when I’m hurting the 1K is easier for me to swing.  Sounds crazy as when you waggle them I can feel the 1K is more stable/stiff but i can turn on it easier.  I also like the 1K in the Sim2 better than the AF505XX.  However I like the AF better in my Mavrik Single Diamond.  Finally got an AF with the All Fit adapter so I can test it in my Rad Speed.  Getting a couple more so I can put it on the 1K and test the Rad Speed as well. 

• Like 1

Callaway Paradym Smoke AI Triple Diamond 9* Proxima 6X

PXG Black Ops Tour-1 9* Ventus Blue Plus 6X

TM Stealth2 Plus 3 wood 15*- Ventus TR Blue 7X
Callaway Rogue “T” Triple Diamond 19* 5 wood- Ventus TR Blue 8X
4-PW PXG Gen5 Darkness 0311T MMT 105TX 2* flat
PXG Sugar Daddy 2  50* Axiom 125X
PXG Sugar Daddy 2  54* Axiom 125X
PXG Sugar Daddy 2  58* Axiom 125X
LAB Mezz Max-heavy version, 35” with Stability Tour Fire shaft. Press II 3.0 grip
PXG Hybrid stand bag

Anyone test 1K vs Diamana TB.

Looking for comparisons and performance you found?

Thanks

Callaway Tour Issue Paradym TD-S 8.5 (7.9) - Fujikura Ventus Black TR 5X

TaylorMade TOUR Stealth 2 15 - Fujikura Ventus Red TR 7X
PXG 0317X Gen 5 19  (Actual 17.5) - Fujikura Ventus Blue 8X
PXG 0311X Gen 5 -  Fujikura Ventus Blue 9X

PXG 0317T - 4 - LAGP L-Series (5) X
Miura KM-700  5-PW - LAGP L-Series (5) X
PXG Milled "Sugar Daddy 2 " 50,54,60 - DG TI S400
Scotty Cameron Holiday LTD (23}/ LAGP 135 (White)

7 hours ago, djhgolf said:

Thanks

ditto here as I have the TB60TX in the mail now

PING G430 10K Max 9 degree (digitally lofted) DI VF 6X tipped .5". 44.5" D5 

G430 17 HY DI HY 85 X

TSR2 21 HY DI HY 85 X

4 THRU PW King Tour KBS $ Taper 120

VOKEY 48 "F" KBS $ Taper 120

VOKEY 54 "F" S400

VOKEY 60 "V" S400

SCOTTY CAMERON T11 BGT POLAR SHAFT SAND BLASTED TO MATCH HEAD... FLATSO 1.0

HOOFER LITE BLACK CAMO 

11 hours ago, djhgolf said:

Thanks

I’ve got both shafts and TB is in the bag. I played Pro White all last year with tremendously good results so I thought a move to 1K was a no brainer. 1K is a profile you either fit or don’t IMHO. It’s tighter than Pro White. I can make it work however the good strikes were longer in distance but fewer in frequency. I saw spin spike up on mishits more on my low miss than TB. Anything in the high toe was a cause of concern. TB was much safer out of the toe. The data averages said they are darn near equal but the standard deviations were all much better with TB. On course TB is just reliable that each time out I find myself being more aggressive because TB doesn’t harshly punish me if I miss. 

• Like 3

Ping G430 Max 10K 10.5° driver - Diamana GT 60S

Ping G430 Max 15° #3 fairway - Diamana TB 70S

Ping G430 Max 21° #7 fairway - Diamana TB 80S

Ping G430 Max 26° #5 hybrid - MMTh 90S

Mizuno Pro 243 4-PW irons - MMT 105S

Mizuno T24 Raw 48°-10S wedge - MMT 105S

Mizuno T24 Raw 54°-10S and 60°-06X wedges - MMT Scoring Wedge 105S

Ping PLD Ally Blue 4

Titleist Pro V1x

1 minute ago, noodle3872 said:

I’ve got both shafts and TB is in the bag. I played Pro White all last year with tremendously good results so I thought a move to 1K was a no brainer. 1K is a profile you either fit or don’t IMHO. It’s tighter than Pro White. I can make it work however the good strikes were longer in distance but fewer in frequency. I saw spin spike up on mishits more on my low miss than TB. Anything in the high toe was a cause of concern. TB was much safer out of the toe. The data averages said they are darn near equal but the standard deviations were all much better with TB. On course TB is just reliable that each time out I find myself being more aggressive because TB doesn’t harshly punish me if I miss. 

Do you have any experience with ventus blue? If so, how did it compare? 

VB and 1K are nothing alike. VB would be my pick all day for the same reason I picked TB. It’s a much friendlier shaft profile that yields excellent results. TB vs VB, VB felt more “hingy” in how it flexed and kicked through the ball whereas TB felt much more one piece with energy flowing from the handle down the shaft to the head. I timed TB better and my strike was higher up the head while VB had me lower in the head. 

• Like 2

Ping G430 Max 10K 10.5° driver - Diamana GT 60S

Ping G430 Max 15° #3 fairway - Diamana TB 70S

Ping G430 Max 21° #7 fairway - Diamana TB 80S

Ping G430 Max 26° #5 hybrid - MMTh 90S

Mizuno Pro 243 4-PW irons - MMT 105S

Mizuno T24 Raw 48°-10S wedge - MMT 105S

Mizuno T24 Raw 54°-10S and 60°-06X wedges - MMT Scoring Wedge 105S

Ping PLD Ally Blue 4

Titleist Pro V1x

On 4/30/2021 at 11:52 AM, noodle3872 said:

VB and 1K are nothing alike. VB would be my pick all day for the same reason I picked TB. It’s a much friendlier shaft profile that yields excellent results. TB vs VB, VB felt more “hingy” in how it flexed and kicked through the ball whereas TB felt much more one piece with energy flowing from the handle down the shaft to the head. I timed TB better and my strike was higher up the head while VB had me lower in the head. 

Did you see the ball speed increase in the TB over the 1K that the TSG boys saw lofting down?

Callaway Tour Issue Paradym TD-S 8.5 (7.9) - Fujikura Ventus Black TR 5X

TaylorMade TOUR Stealth 2 15 - Fujikura Ventus Red TR 7X
PXG 0317X Gen 5 19  (Actual 17.5) - Fujikura Ventus Blue 8X
PXG 0311X Gen 5 -  Fujikura Ventus Blue 9X

PXG 0317T - 4 - LAGP L-Series (5) X
Miura KM-700  5-PW - LAGP L-Series (5) X
PXG Milled "Sugar Daddy 2 " 50,54,60 - DG TI S400
Scotty Cameron Holiday LTD (23}/ LAGP 135 (White)

I demo'd the 1k and loved it. Smooth with wonderful mid/high flight and baby draw with my Epic Speed and straightened out my baby fade with SIM2 Max. Very consistent and repeatable (that day, anyway). Ordered on the spot: 60s at 45" play length. I tested against the Ventus Black and others in similar and different flight and spin categories (but not TB) and this was the clear winner. Currently gaming the Smoke Black in the Speed and RDX Blue in SIM2 Max (which I like a lot) and may get a touch more distance with RDX Blue in SIM2 Max but look forward to on course testing with 1k. I should get it in a week or so. FYI, my SS is 99-104, smooth tempo with moderate transition.  Would love to hear other thoughts.

Cally Epic Speed and Mavrik Std 9* with Tensei 1k White 50s, Titleist TSi2 4w RDX Black, Callaway Apex 3 Hybrid 19* 70S, Titleist TSi2 4Hy, Mizuno 223 PX 5.5IO PW-5i, Titleist 50.08F, 54.10S, 58.08M, Cleveland Huntington Beach Soft Premier 11 35" putter; Driver SS 99-104mph, 4.0 index