Is anyone NOT impressed with the Apex 21's (irons)?

I have to say, I was not in the market for new irons this year, but these Apex 21's have me drooling and excited.

I think Callaway has hit the sweet spot with the Apex 21's.  There's something for just about any golfer and the combo's are over the top.  

I'm either going DCB all the way or blend the DCB with the standard in the 8-PW.  I've had a couple fittings in the past, but it just might be worth getting fit to find the right combo or do I just go standard or DCB.

I with those you tubers would do some comparisons with all three and maybe throw in the G425 irons for comparison.

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hard pass for me unless Cally has changed their high CG, high bounce design paradigm.  I ditched my CF16s for that reason.

i'm actually pretty interested in the Apex Pros but would need to see them in person first to make sure they are big enough for me.    The regular Apex look cool. But they are a bit pricy fo

43 degree PW?   Hard pass.

Posted Images

i'm actually pretty interested in the Apex Pros but would need to see them in person first to make sure they are big enough for me. 

The regular Apex look cool. But they are a bit pricy for a GI club as all of the Apex lines are. Even if money ain't a thing for MtlJeff, the Ping G series is like 5 hundy cheaper in my worthless Canadian dollars

• Like 3

Callaway Mavrik Max 9 w/Hzrdus Smoke Black 80
Ping G410 LST 13 w/Ping Tour 75
Ping G400 Crossover 20 w/KBS Tour Prototype 85
Ping G410 4-SW w/S300
Titleist Vokey SM8 60 M grind

SGC #002 flow neck 385g

14 hours ago, mooseman76 said:

They look great and I was considering the same combo you were 5-7DCB and 8-AW regular, until I saw the price. I saved a couple hundred and ordered Ping G425’s. I know the Pings work for me and we’re the safe bet. 

The Ping G425's would be my second choice so far, but the ability to combo the Apex DCB and Apex standard is probably the right combination (no pun intended) for me, in spite of the price.

What shaft did you go with in the G425's?

16 hours ago, jjfcpa said:

The Ping G425's would be my second choice so far, but the ability to combo the Apex DCB and Apex standard is probably the right combination (no pun intended) for me, in spite of the price.

What shaft did you go with in the G425's?

I was thinking the same thing about the Apex line and I had the specs all lined up more than once. I just couldn’t do it, lol, don’t blame anyone who does though. I really like the looks of them. I went with Project X Lz shafts in the G425’s. 

On 1/15/2021 at 7:53 AM, Tiptx1122 said:

The Apex Pro look nice but they are hollow and they look like TM P 790's so nothing to drawl about. 

I was thinking they looked like Maltby TS-1 with the notch turned upside down.  <shrug>

• Like 2

The Ever Changing Bag!  A lot of mixing and matching
Driver: TM Original One 11.5* set to 10*, Aldila RIP Alpha 80 X, 43.5"
3w:  Cobra King LTD, Matrix 8m3 X, 42"
Hybrid:  TaylorMade Stage 2 Tour, NV105 S or DGS400

Irons grab bag:  3-PW Mizuno MP37, Recoil Proto 125 F4 (reshaft pending); 1-PW Golden Ram TW282 or Vibration Matched Golden Rams, RIP Tour 115 R (coin flipping for the reshaft project); 1i & 3-PW Golden Ram TW276, NV105 S
Wedges:  Dynacraft Dual Millled 52*, DGS400; Scratch 8620 DD 53*, SteelFiber i125 S; Ram Watson Scoring System 55*, DGX 7i shaft; Ram TG-898, DGS400; Ram TG-898, NV105 S; Wilson Staff PMP 58*, DGS300; Ram 1982 Commemorative Nickel 58*, Dynamic S; Ram TW282, DGS; Ram TW276, DGS; Ram Troon Grind 58*, Dynamic S; Maltby Design 60* mid sole, DGS400; Maltby Design 60* mid sole, NV105 S
Putter:  Snake Eyes Viper Tour Sv1, 34"
Balls: Wilson Staff Duo Professional or TaylorMade TP5

I'm not... but, only because I have the standard CF19s and I'm not seeing a ton of improvement. I'm not sure if I'd play the Apex Pros, but they are really pretty.

Not sure if this is the place for this question but I'll try anyway - Ian from TXG mentioned on their live fitting of these that the standard Apex, he'd fit down to about a 5 handicap. I know there are no hard and fasts on this (and please for god's sake do not turn this into a GI vs blade debate) but is anyone playing CF16/CF19/considering CF21 at a 5 handicap or below? I'm starting to see some wonky stuff with my CF19s in indoor sim sessions (variable spin/ball speed rates, too low spin/height in the longer irons) and curious if anyone else is seeing this/turning them off from the standard Apex. 

Ping G410LST, 9, Ventus Blue 6S

Titleist TS2, 15, Hzrdus Smoke Black 70, 6.0

Titleist 818H1, 21 (set to 20), Tensei White Pro 90, S

Callaway Apex Forged 19, 5-AW, Nippon Modus 120 X

Ping Glide 2.0, 52.12 & 56.12

Callaway Jaws MD5, 60.8

Odyssey Triple Track 10 S, 34" / Odyssey SL1, 33.5"

ProV1 / Z Star XV