Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

IM10 is the first carbon fiber to break 1,000 Ksi tensile strength, which allows us to use thinner walls and still make stiff and durable structures.  Think of this as a next generation HZRDUS T1100.

interesting. I wonder if this is what they will be offering stock in the Epic Speed line from Cally so it's just been added to the PX site. 

I am looking at this shaft in a new Callaway Epic Speed driver. It appears only the mid launch version is available from Callaway and I cannot find the low version available aftermarket or as a stock

I originally heard that these were going to be exclusive to Callaway but now it appears they are coming to market if they have mid/low models including TX flexes. I doubt that would be Callaway only. 

Callaway Epic Speed Triple Diamond LS 9 Fujikura Ventus Red 6X 

Ping G425 Max 14.5 Aldila Rogue White 80X 

Titleist TSi2 3H HZRDUS RDX Black 80 6.5 

Callaway X Forged CB 21 4-PW True Temper Dynamic Gold S300

Titleist Vokey SM8 50.12F True Temper Dynamic Gold Tour Issue S400

Titleist Vokey SM8 56.14F True Temper Dynamic Gold Tour Issue S400

Titleist Vokey SM8 60.10S True Temper Dynamic Gold Tour Issue S400

Odyssey 2 Ball Ten Tour Lined 35" 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

per today's Cally release, looks like it will be a stock shaft in the Epic Max/Speed. I'm sure there will be some TX offerings out of the line but appears to be a stock shaft first and foremost. If it's anything like the stock RDX shafts it may lack that high-end, tour caliber feel that I thought the previous HZRDUS lines delivered. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, TrueTemper said:

IM10 is the first carbon fiber to break 1,000 Ksi tensile strength, which allows us to use thinner walls and still make stiff and durable structures.  Think of this as a next generation HZRDUS T1100.

 

We actually had intended to launch it last year but as you all know the golf industry has been booming and we were fully booked so we had to delay the launch.  They will be heading out to Tour in the desert on Monday and to the aftermarket shortly there after.

 

DB

Thanks, is there a different OEM (callaway) version vs. aftermarket version?

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, dlow206 said:

Thanks, is there a different OEM (callaway) version vs. aftermarket version?

Check out the link in the first post the stock Callaway one is the Mid launch and the aftermarket tour is the lower launch which is counterbalanced. Interested to see this one. 

Titleist TSi3 9.0 w/ Mitsubishi Tensei AV RAW Orange 65 TX
Titleist TSi3 15 w/ Mitsubishi Tensei CK Pro Orange 90 TX

Titleist TSi2 21 w/ Aldila NV Pro Tour Only Prototype 105-X 

Titleist CNCPT CP-03 3i w/ True Temper Dynamic Gold 120 TI X100

Titleist CNCPT CP-02 4i-9i w/ True Temper Dynamic Gold TI X100
Vokey BVHG SM8 46.10F, 50.12F, 54.10S, 60.08M w/ TT DG TI
Scotty Cameron Roundback Tour 1.5 Weld Neck
WITB Link

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, ForTourUseOnly said:

Check out the link in the first post the stock Callaway one is the Mid launch and the aftermarket tour is the lower launch which is counterbalanced. Interested to see this one. 

Yeah, I know the Callaway one is a mid-launch, but wasn't sure if the OEM Callaway shaft is the same as the aftermarket mid-launch shaft.

 

EDIT: The reason I ask is because Golf Works shows this shaft line to be a $300 shaft

 

https://www.golfworks.com/project-x-hzrdus-smoke-im10-graphite-wood-shafts/p/tt0161/

Edited by dlow206
Link to post
Share on other sites

This description makes it sound like a unicorn shaft:

 

iM10the the first Project X shaft to feature Hexcel's incredibly unique iM10 carbon fiber, a very high modulus (stiff) and very high strength carbon fiber allowing for new possibilities in golf shaft design. Because of this, iM10 delivers the stability expected from the lowest launching Tour shafts, but in a playable mid launch/spin design that is available in multiple weights and flexes - providing a variety of options to best suit your game.

Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, 03trdblack said:

The green lettering feels a little confusing since I associate the smoke green and hulk shaft as the lowest launch and stiffest profiles that they offer. Doesn't sound like this shaft is going to be like that. 

Agreed. This should be a 'blue' or even 'red' profile. It's great having choices but Project X is getting pretty muddy with their naming and colors.

Callaway Epic Max LS 10.5* - Tour AD-DI 6x

Titleist TS3 16.5 -Tour AD-TP 7x

3- Taylormade P790 - Tour AD-DI 105x

4- Taylormade P770 - True Temper Monaco X

5-9 - Mizuno Yoro MP4 - True Temper Monaco X

46, 50, 54, 60 Vokey SM7 Raw - True Temper Monaco X and S

Taylormade MySpider Flow Neck/Odyssey Tri-Hot #3

TP5x

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Rig14Port said:

per today's Cally release, looks like it will be a stock shaft in the Epic Max/Speed. I'm sure there will be some TX offerings out of the line but appears to be a stock shaft first and foremost. If it's anything like the stock RDX shafts it may lack that high-end, tour caliber feel that I thought the previous HZRDUS lines delivered. 

Disagree. Finding the right flex is key, even with the stock RDX.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...
11 hours ago, dlow206 said:

Anyone hit this shaft yet?

demoed the stock Cally Mid Spin one last week. Definitely doesn't belong in the Smoke Green family IMO. The torque is very high on the 60X at 3.7. Does have a much smoother feel than than Smoke green but didn't really feel loose. Spin numbers were pretty low for a mid spin shaft.. maybe 300-400 higher than my Smoke Green 60X. Would love to get my hands on the Low Spin version but not going to be paying aftermarket money for this line. This shaft will fit a wide variety of golfers as a good performing and feeling stock option. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I am looking at this shaft in a new Callaway Epic Speed driver. It appears only the mid launch version is available from Callaway and I cannot find the low version available aftermarket or as a stock offering. I am wondering if this is an attempt to make a made for shaft seem like its not a made for shaft. I wonder if the low launch version will end up as the stock offering in a yet to be released driver and then it will magically appear on the Golfworks at an inflated price. I am not wearing a tin foil hat and do not have an axe to grind with anybody, just searching for knowledge. 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, Bridges said:

I am looking at this shaft in a new Callaway Epic Speed driver. It appears only the mid launch version is available from Callaway and I cannot find the low version available aftermarket or as a stock offering. I am wondering if this is an attempt to make a made for shaft seem like its not a made for shaft. I wonder if the low launch version will end up as the stock offering in a yet to be released driver and then it will magically appear on the Golfworks at an inflated price. I am not wearing a tin foil hat and do not have an axe to grind with anybody, just searching for knowledge. 

Of course it is... you hit the nail on the head

Link to post
Share on other sites

I just spoke with callaway about availability of the counterbalanced low spin Im 2 days ago. They offer the mid launch version as of now. The CB " could become available at a later date, but not a guarantee"

Ping G LST 9*
Callaway Epic 3w & 5w Diamana Thump
X2 Hot #4 Hybrid Matrix White Tie
Ping ie1 5 - GW Nippon SPO
Cleveland RTX-3 54* 58*

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...

I ordered up a 60x in new cally speed 4 wood. Yes I prefer lighter weight in it. 

Titleist TSi2 10 deg (@ 9 deg C1) HZRDUS Smoke Black RDX 60 6.0 Driver 

Titleist TSi2 15 deg (@ 14 deg C1) HZRDUS Smoke Black RDX 70 6.0 Fairway Wood

Titleist TSi2 #3 Atmos Tour Spec Blue 8S Hybrid

Mizuno MP20 HMB 3 iron C-Taper LITE Stiff

Mizuno MP20 MB 5-PW TI DG S400 Irons

Vokey SM8 52.12F TI DG S400 Wedge

TM MG2 TW 56, 60 TI DG S400 Wedges 

Bettinardi BB One Blackout Limited Putter

Vessel 2.0 White

TaylorMade TP5

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 3 weeks later...
On 1/15/2021 at 8:28 PM, 03trdblack said:

The green lettering feels a little confusing since I associate the smoke green and hulk shaft as the lowest launch and stiffest profiles that they offer. Doesn't sound like this shaft is going to be like that. 

The low launch version of this shaft will likely be what you describe (think HZRDUS T1100 and Hulk PVD but with different raw materials), but agree that the Mid version found in the Epic woods likely is more of a "soft mid" design not unlike Smoke Yellow just executed with different raw materials.

OEM Certified Master Fitter

 

"Never forget that the luxury of being
wrong is not enough to make you right."
WITB Link

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, bcflyguy1 said:

The low launch version of this shaft will likely be what you describe (think HZRDUS T1100 and Hulk PVD but with different raw materials), but agree that the Mid version found in the Epic woods likely is more of a "soft mid" design not unlike Smoke Yellow just executed with different raw materials.

I've hit both and the Low is basically just an upgraded version of the T1100.  I wouldn't call the Mid a Smoke yellow because it isn't counterbalanced and it's higher launching.  I think the Mid would be more like a HZRDUS Smoke Red (if that existed).  The iM10 Low is a solid shaft but I think it's going to be hard for people to comprehend that it is a very stiff low launching shaft when it looks exactly like a loose mid launch stock shaft.

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, PhlashPhace said:

I've hit both and the Low is basically just an upgraded version of the T1100.  I wouldn't call the Mid a Smoke yellow because it isn't counterbalanced and it's higher launching.  I think the Mid would be more like a HZRDUS Smoke Red (if that existed).  The iM10 Low is a solid shaft but I think it's going to be hard for people to comprehend that it is a very stiff low launching shaft when it looks exactly like a loose mid launch stock shaft.

That's quite possible. I've inquired everywhere I can think of for an EI curve on both the Mid and Low and have gotten nowhere.

OEM Certified Master Fitter

 

"Never forget that the luxury of being
wrong is not enough to make you right."
WITB Link

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, bcflyguy1 said:

That's quite possible. I've inquired everywhere I can think of for an EI curve on both the Mid and Low and have gotten nowhere.

The curve of the Low is almost identical to the T1100.  I think True Temper has actually called it T1100 Version 2.

 

I'm not a fit for the Mid so I didn't hit a ton of shots with it but it definitely spins more and launches higher than the yellow.  I hate to compare it to the T800 because the curves are going to be different but the end results are similar.  To me personally the Mid felt like a little looser Smoke Black with a more active tip.

Edited by PhlashPhace
Link to post
Share on other sites

I hit this shaft (60g 6.5 MID) in 3 different Cally heads today (my Mav SZ / Max LS / Speed) and here's my two cents :

 

- I found an overall feel comparable to Smoke Yellow (my current gamer / 60g 6.5) but easier to launch. Although not counterbalanced, I did not notice much difference in swingweight.

- Definitely don't agree with previous posts saying this shaft is loose. Ok, it's not a piece of rebar, but in my opinion it is not a whippy shaft at all. 

- I also tested the MMT 60X from the Cally fitting cart (same 3 heads) and this one definitely felt loose.

 

I will do some more testing but I was very pleased with the results I got today and at the moment, I'm planning to get this shaft from Callaway to put in my Mav SZ. 

I give about zero fucks to the fact that it may be an OEM only shaft or whatever as it gave me the numbers I was looking for. 

I would however say I didn't like the way it looked at all. 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Stock shaft or not, this is a solid shaft.  I was killing it the other day in my Epic Max, straight and long.  It is no low launch/low spin monster, but I am sure that is by design as a stock shaft.  This should fit a wide range of golfers, but I do think it leans lower spin with a mid launch.  Definitely worth a look if you are going Callaway Epic this season.

  • Like 1

Callaway Epic Max 9* Driver, Fujikura Speeder 665 Evo II TS R

Callaway Epic and Epic Flash 5 and 7 Woods, Accra FX 2.0 200F M3

Srixon Z H85 4 Hybrid, Project X HZRDUS Black 85 6.0

Ping G410 Irons 5-UW, Aerotech Steelfiber i95 R

Cleveland RTX Zipcore SW (54*/10) and LW (58*/10), TT DG Spinner Wedge

Scotty Cameron 009-M Putter

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...
On 3/17/2021 at 7:35 PM, Yrckllt said:

I hit this shaft (60g 6.5 MID) in 3 different Cally heads today (my Mav SZ / Max LS / Speed) and here's my two cents :

 

- I found an overall feel comparable to Smoke Yellow (my current gamer / 60g 6.5) but easier to launch. Although not counterbalanced, I did not notice much difference in swingweight.

- Definitely don't agree with previous posts saying this shaft is loose. Ok, it's not a piece of rebar, but in my opinion it is not a whippy shaft at all. 

- I also tested the MMT 60X from the Cally fitting cart (same 3 heads) and this one definitely felt loose.

 

I will do some more testing but I was very pleased with the results I got today and at the moment, I'm planning to get this shaft from Callaway to put in my Mav SZ. 

I give about zero fucks to the fact that it may be an OEM only shaft or whatever as it gave me the numbers I was looking for. 

I would however say I didn't like the way it looked at all. 

 

 

I went ahead and purchased this shaft to play in my Mavrik SZ. I'm completely in love with that thing, I hit it so well.

And because it's relatively inexpensive I ordered its 70g brother (45,5 inches, no tipping) from Callaway and will have it installed in my SIM titanium 3 wood to replace the HZRDUS Smoke Black 70g 6.5 that I'm playing right now. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 3 weeks later...

Such a good stock shaft. I've recently switched to lighter driver shafts (Ventus Red 5s, 1K Pro White 50TX), and love the feel of this one. I picked up an Epic Speed with this in the 50 series 6.0 and really enjoy it. My cruising speed is about 108-110 and can get to 115 if I'm really loose and go after it, and this shaft handles it no problem. Nice and stable and smooth with any swing I can put on it. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Our picks

    • Post in Generation 3 P790 in 2021?
      Post in Generation 3 P790 in 2021?
        • Thanks
        • Like
    • 2021 3M Open - Discussion and Links
      Please put any questions or comments here
       
      2021 3M Open - Tuesday #1
      2021 3M Open - Tuesday #2
      2021 3M Open - Tuesday #3
      2021 3M Open - Tuesday #4
      2021 3M Open - Tuesday #5
      2021 3M Open - Tuesday #6
      2021 3M Open - Tuesday #7
      2021 3M Open - Tuesday #8
       
      2021 3M Open - Wednesday #1
      2021 3M Open - Wednesday #2
      2021 3M Open - Wednesday #3
      2021 3M Open - Wednesday #4
      2021 3M Open - Wednesday #5
       
       
       
      TaylorMade MG3 wedges - 2021 3M Open
      Mizuno 225 2 iron - 2021 3M Open
      TaylorMade Mini Driver - 2021 3M Open
      Scotty Cameron putters - 2021 3M Open
      New Odyssey putter cover - 2021 3M Open
      Bettinardi wedges - 2021 3M Open
      Rypstick training aid - 2021 3M Open
      Bettinardi putters and covers - 2021 3M Open
      Kuch putting right armlock - 2021 3M Open
       
       
       
       
       
       
        • Like
      • 15 replies
    • 2021 TPC Colorado Champ. @ Heron Lakes WITB Photos- Discussion & Links
      Please put any questions or comments here...
       
      2021 TPC Colorado Championship @ Heron Lakes - Tuesday #1
      2021 TPC Colorado Championship @ Heron Lakes - Tuesday #2
      2021 TPC Colorado Championship @ Heron Lakes - Tuesday #3
      2021 TPC Colorado Championship @ Heron Lakes - Tuesday #4
      2021 TPC Colorado Championship @ Heron Lakes - Tuesday #5
      2021 TPC Colorado Championship @ Heron Lakes - Tuesday #6
      2021 TPC Colorado Championship @ Heron Lakes - Tuesday #7
       
      Titleist T200 2& 3 irons - 2021 TPC Colorado Championship @ Heron Lakes
       

       

       
      • 16 replies
    • 2021 Rocket Mortgage Classic WITB Photos- Discussion and Links
      Please put any questions or comments here.
       
      2021 Rocket Mortgage Classic - Monday #1
      2021 Rocket Mortgage Classic - Monday #2
      2021 Rocket Mortgage Classic - Monday #3
      2021 Rocket Mortgage Classic - Monday #4
      2021 Rocket Mortgage Classic - Monday #5
       
      Cameron putters - 2021 Rocket Mortgage Classic
       

       
       
       
       
      • 15 replies
    • 2021 Travelers Championship - Discussion & Links
      2021 Titleist T100 irons (in hand photos) - Travelers Championship
      2021 Titleist T100S irons (in hand photos) - Travelers Championship
      2021 Titleist U 505 (in hand photos) - Travelers Championship
      Mitsubishi Tensei K series (red, white & blue US Open) shaft - 2021 Travelers Championship
       
      Rickie Fowler's custom Cameron putters - 2021 Travelers Championship
      Scotty Cameron putters - 2021 Travelers Championship
       
      2021 Travelers Championship - Tuesday #1
      2021 Travelers Championship - Tuesday #2
       
      • 20 replies

×
×
  • Create New...