2021 Callaway Epic Speed, Epic Max, Epic LS drivers (in-hand photos)

12 hours ago, nsxguy said:

That shaft is interesting with the 130MSI designation. Certainly not sure about that particular shaft.

But I can't see how the economics work. I mean I've never manufactured anything but the concept of cost vs. selling price isn't all that hard to understand.

If the public "discovers" that Aldila is selling that shaft for $300 and Cally is selling the driver with a $300 shaft for $529 and also selling the SAME driver with a Hzrdus Yellow (NON-SB), a $100 shaft, for the same $529, don't you think there'd be an outcry of some sort ?

Fuji has that wildly popular Ventus shaft. $350(?) at retail. There's all sorts of talk around WRX that TM's is a "made for". The "key" ? The "real deal" has the word "Boron" down by the tip. Otherwise the graphics are identical - but the shafts aren't.

But these non-premium versions, for the vast majority of golfers will work very well if they fit you in the first place. It's the "connoisseurs" that have to have the read deal shafts. :classic_wink:

This should be stickied for next year's 2022 Callaway and Taylormade thread in the GolfWRX Tour & Pre-release .

Rinse and repeat...😜

Callaway Epic Max LS, Fujikura Ventus Velocore Blue 6-S, Top Golf All-Fit adapter
Honma 737 13* 3 wood, Vizard A 50S shaft

Taylormade M4 HL 16.5* 3 wood with UST Elements Chrome 7F4
Cobra Speedzone 3 hybrid

Taylormade 2018 P790 4-PW Dynamic Gold 105 S300
Cleveland CBX2 48* wedge & Cleveland FullFace 56* wedge with Catalyst 100 shafts
Directed Force Reno "2.05 Presse IV tweaked" Putter with BGT Stability shaft
#1 Callaway Chromesoft X LS, #2 Srixon XV 5/6

Moe Norman/Graves One Plane swing

• Replies 981
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I demo'ed all three heads this weekend. Fully went in thinking the Max LS would be the one for me but the Speed won by a mile. Right from the first drive I couldn't not hit the middle, it was crazy (&

Shape on the LS is disappointing for a players driver.  IMO.  

So after my response above, I got bored and made this chart.   Self explanatory - I think - but the colored fading lines show commonality between heads and how much.   

Posted Images

19 hours ago, nsxguy said:

That shaft is interesting with the 130MSI designation. Certainly not sure about that particular shaft.

But I can't see how the economics work. I mean I've never manufactured anything but the concept of cost vs. selling price isn't all that hard to understand.

If the public "discovers" that Aldila is selling that shaft for $300 and Cally is selling the driver with a $300 shaft for $529 and also selling the SAME driver with a Hzrdus Yellow (NON-SB), a $100 shaft, for the same $529, don't you think there'd be an outcry of some sort ?

Fuji has that wildly popular Ventus shaft. $350(?) at retail. There's all sorts of talk around WRX that TM's is a "made for". The "key" ? The "real deal" has the word "Boron" down by the tip. Otherwise the graphics are identical - but the shafts aren't.

But these non-premium versions, for the vast majority of golfers will work very well if they fit you in the first place. It's the "connoisseurs" that have to have the read deal shafts. :classic_wink:

You don't really think Callaway or any other OEM is paying the retail price for each shaft they bring in, do you? Even for the most exotic upcharge options, they're not paying the retail price per unit. There'd be no profit in that for the OEM if that was the case, and if there's no profit in something they're not going to do it.

Real deal Ventus shafts don't say "Boron" down by the tip. The have the VeloCore logo there.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

OEM Certified Master Fitter

"Never forget that the luxury of being
wrong is not enough to make you right."
WITB Link

35 minutes ago, bcflyguy1 said:

You don't really think Callaway or any other OEM is paying the retail price for each shaft they bring in, do you? Even for the most exotic upcharge options, they're not paying the retail price per unit. There'd be no profit in that for the OEM if that was the case, and if there's no profit in something they're not going to do it.

Real deal Ventus shafts don't say "Boron" down by the tip. The have the VeloCore logo there.

Last things first. I thought about that later on and it's no doubt another shaft with the "Boron" at the tip (Tensei ?), not the Ventus. Thanks.

And forgive me if you thought I thought that the company's were paying retail for those upgraded shafts. Of course they're not.

But let's take the 300 vs 100 at retail. 3 times the price. It's fair to assume the company's are paying roughly 3 times the wholesale price, no ?

Although i would think that even a good customer like Callaway won't get quite as big a price break on the upgraded shafts since they're not buying nearly the quantity of them as they are of lesser shafts.

So even if the $100 shaft is costing the company say $40, the upgraded shaft is costing them about $120 (3X). And since I have no idea of Cally's profit margins they could just as easily be paying $80 for the $100 and $250 for the $300 shaft. i.e. more cost, less profit margin.

But even $80 more cost to the company on say a $250 cost driver, is a lot, no ? And again, I have no real idea of the wholesale cost - so that driver could cost them more like $425 instead of $250. From what I've heard, at least at the retail level there ain't that much profit is golf clubs.

And that doesn't take into account golfers who might feel "cheated" by one company giving them a real deal and another giving them an inferior product.

Frankly, assuming the 130MSI IS the real deal why wouldn't Callaway make more of a deal about it "Hey, we're giving you the real deal where the others are giving you an inferior version" ?

The obvious(?) answer to that would be that Cally is giving the real deal 130MSI but the other stock shafts are the watered down version so they'd be as guilty as everyone else who's flim-flamming the public.

Anyway, I should note that ALL of the above is just a best guess from somebody NOT in the biz.

But also take note that nobody is giving anything away. With the top drivers at very similar price points I can't see one company making so much more on their driver that they can give up a "real deal" for the price of a "watered down" version - even at wholesale. shrug.gif

Want more posters to read and reply ? "[EMBRACE] THE LINE BREAK"

Callaway Epic Flash SZ Triple Diamond 9.0 Tour AD TP-6 Stiff

Ping G400 hybrid, 19*, 70 gr Stock Stiff

Ping G20, 5-PW, DGS300

Ping Glide Forged, 48, 52, 60, DGS300

Vokey SM8 56/08 (Thanks WRX !!!)

Seemore MT7 Face Balanced (Today)

Chrome Soft Truvis Yellow/Black

11 hours ago, noodle3872 said:

100% legit. 

It's real, and it's spectacular (little Seinfeld reference, lol). Seriously though, thanks for supporting what I was trying to say. I don't care about cost on the open market, or cost to Callaway or whatever, but the Rogue White 130 60 was the real deal.  Project X may be doing some shenanigans with their offerings, but again, they're totally legit shafts even if made custom for Callaway or whomever. 

Even though I have since traded in my Mavrik drivers, I traded them in with random shafts I had around, and definitely not my Rogue White 60 reg and stiff. The Rogue White 60 could easily make its way into my Epic Max and Epic Max LS heads I have coming,  just like it did with my B21. Terrific shafts IMHO.

Callaway is still showing 3/1 outside shipping date for my Epic Max drivers ordered on 2/14.  We'll see.

• Like 2

Callaway Epic Max LS 10.5* Driver, Aldila Rogue White 130 M.S.I. 60 S

Callaway Epic Flash 5 and 7 Woods, Accra Fx 2.0 200F M4

Ping G410 4 Hybrid, Alta CB 70 S

Wilson Staff C300 Forged Irons 5-GW, Aerotech Steelfiber i110 R

Cleveland RTX Zipcore SW (54*/10) and LW (58*/10), TT DG Spinner Wedge

Scotty Cameron Phantom X 5.5 Putter

28 minutes ago, nsxguy said:

Last things first. I thought about that later on and it's no doubt another shaft with the "Boron" at the tip (Tensei ?), not the Ventus. Thanks.

And forgive me if you thought I thought that the company's were paying retail for those upgraded shafts. Of course they're not.

But let's take the 300 vs 100 at retail. 3 times the price. It's fair to assume the company's are paying roughly 3 times the wholesale price, no ?

Although i would think that even a good customer like Callaway won't get quite as big a price break on the upgraded shafts since they're not buying nearly the quantity of them as they are of lesser shafts.

So even if the $100 shaft is costing the company say $40, the upgraded shaft is costing them about $120 (3X). And since I have no idea of Cally's profit margins they could just as easily be paying $80 for the $100 and $250 for the $300 shaft. i.e. more cost, less profit margin.

But even $80 more cost to the company on say a $250 cost driver, is a lot, no ? And again, I have no real idea of the wholesale cost - so that driver could cost them more like $425 instead of $250. From what I've heard, at least at the retail level there ain't that much profit is golf clubs.

And that doesn't take into account golfers who might feel "cheated" by one company giving them a real deal and another giving them an inferior product.

Frankly, assuming the 130MSI IS the real deal why wouldn't Callaway make more of a deal about it "Hey, we're giving you the real deal where the others are giving you an inferior version" ?

The obvious(?) answer to that would be that Cally is giving the real deal 130MSI but the other stock shafts are the watered down version so they'd be as guilty as everyone else who's flim-flamming the public.

Anyway, I should note that ALL of the above is just a best guess from somebody NOT in the biz.

But also take note that nobody is giving anything away. With the top drivers at very similar price points I can't see one company making so much more on their driver that they can give up a "real deal" for the price of a "watered down" version - even at wholesale. shrug.gif

This is all over the place, so I'll sum up this way.

There is nothing watered down about the shafts Callaway is offering. The last time the company offered a shaft that was remotely dressed up as something it wasn't was the HZRDUS T800, which I suppose you could call a "watered down" version of the HZRDUS T1100 that wouldn't suit 99.9999% of paying customers anyway.

A likely reason that Callaway doesn't crow about having real shafts is because it's a pillar of the company's business and fitting philosophy to not over-emphasize the importance of shafts. That philosophy is pretty standard amongst the major club companies when you think about it. Give the customer a quality product, of course, but not give shafts more air time and attention than they're due. Shafts are important, yes, but their importance has been drastically overstated by those who would love to...wait for it...sell you a golf shaft at the cost of your first-born. They play their role, but it's a relatively small piece of the puzzle particularly for the vast majority of recreational and even skilled amateur players. The more powerful, repeatable, and more feel-oriented a swing is the more important proper shaft fitting becomes, but there's a very rapid loss of return there.

• Like 3

OEM Certified Master Fitter

"Never forget that the luxury of being
wrong is not enough to make you right."
WITB Link

22 hours ago, SwingBlues said:

I was one week later than you in the pre-order for a "custom" and was suppose to come in last week but now it's mid March. I don't know why mine was custom, it's just 3/4" shorter on a "stock" shaft and D3 swing weight. Nothing exotic. Sigh.

It's definitely strange with callaway shipping these days. I bought 3 doz balls, apex hybrid, & epic LS. All 3 keep having the ship dates moved. The balls & hybrid keep getting pushed back, yet the driver moved up. Max went from mid April to now mid March. Everything else was supposed to ship last week. Now saying next week. With all the snow up here I really don't care. But it does make you wonder why the dates keep changing. 

Ping G LST 9*
Callaway Epic 3w & 5w Diamana Thump
X2 Hot #4 Hybrid Matrix White Tie
Ping ie1 5 - GW Nippon SPO
Cleveland RTX-3 54* 58*

1 hour ago, bcflyguy1 said:

This is all over the place, so I'll sum up this way.

There is nothing watered down about the shafts Callaway is offering. The last time the company offered a shaft that was remotely dressed up as something it wasn't was the HZRDUS T800, which I suppose you could call a "watered down" version of the HZRDUS T1100 that wouldn't suit 99.9999% of paying customers anyway.

A likely reason that Callaway doesn't crow about having real shafts is because it's a pillar of the company's business and fitting philosophy to not over-emphasize the importance of shafts. That philosophy is pretty standard amongst the major club companies when you think about it. Give the customer a quality product, of course, but not give shafts more air time and attention than they're due. Shafts are important, yes, but their importance has been drastically overstated by those who would love to...wait for it...sell you a golf shaft at the cost of your first-born. They play their role, but it's a relatively small piece of the puzzle particularly for the vast majority of recreational and even skilled amateur players. The more powerful, repeatable, and more feel-oriented a swing is the more important proper shaft fitting becomes, but there's a very rapid loss of return there.

You're right, it is all over the place.

Perhaps I used the wrong phrase (again). "Watered down as in the "base" offering vs. the upgraded one. As in Tensei CK $100 vs Tensei CK Pro $300+, NOT the T800 which had no corresponding $300+ version.

As for the "air time" a company gives a shaft I can't remember the last time I saw a company "brag" about their shaft lineup(s).

But certainly advertising an upgraded $300+ version (as in the CK/CK PRO example) for the same price as a "regular", even if the regular version is perfectly fine for 95% of the population, HAS to attract more attention, no ?

Or does the guy who got the real deal 130MSI shaft get to brag on his playing partner "Oooooo, you only got a run-of-the-mill Hzrdus Smoke Yellow ? *I* got a real deal Aldila Rogue 130MSI" ?

Want more posters to read and reply ? "[EMBRACE] THE LINE BREAK"

Callaway Epic Flash SZ Triple Diamond 9.0 Tour AD TP-6 Stiff

Ping G400 hybrid, 19*, 70 gr Stock Stiff

Ping G20, 5-PW, DGS300

Ping Glide Forged, 48, 52, 60, DGS300

Vokey SM8 56/08 (Thanks WRX !!!)

Seemore MT7 Face Balanced (Today)

Chrome Soft Truvis Yellow/Black

7 hours ago, jeffrey r said:

It's real, and it's spectacular (little Seinfeld reference, lol). Seriously though, thanks for supporting what I was trying to say. I don't care about cost on the open market, or cost to Callaway or whatever, but the Rogue White 130 60 was the real deal.  Project X may be doing some shenanigans with their offerings, but again, they're totally legit shafts even if made custom for Callaway or whomever. 

Even though I have since traded in my Mavrik drivers, I traded them in with random shafts I had around, and definitely not my Rogue White 60 reg and stiff. The Rogue White 60 could easily make its way into my Epic Max and Epic Max LS heads I have coming,  just like it did with my B21. Terrific shafts IMHO.

Callaway is still showing 3/1 outside shipping date for my Epic Max drivers ordered on 2/14.  We'll see.

Ordered mine in 2/5. Saying possible 3/10-3/16 ship date

Ping G LST 9*
Callaway Epic 3w & 5w Diamana Thump
X2 Hot #4 Hybrid Matrix White Tie
Ping ie1 5 - GW Nippon SPO
Cleveland RTX-3 54* 58*

19 minutes ago, juggernaut0629 said:

Ordered mine in 2/5. Saying possible 3/10-3/16 ship date

Just got my shipping notices for both of my drivers (ordered 2/14).   LH Max 9* and Max LS 9*, IM10 60 6.0 in one, MMT 60 S in the other, -3/4" for each.  Weather starting to warm up here, but a lot of snow to melt.  Can't wait to get these out on the course.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, lefty74pgh said:

I hit the Max LS today at the local EW in 9* with the MMT and PX IM 10. I couldn’t get it under 3K on spin. I was really excited after all the reviews, but I would need to do some serious tinkering to get it to work. Got much better results with the TS3i.

Whaddup Playa! Long time........sorry to hear about your spinny experience.....did you ever hit gbb epic 2017? 

Just now, jeffrey r said:

Just got my shipping notices for both of my drivers (ordered 2/14).   LH Max 9* and Max LS 9*, IM10 60 6.0 in one, MMT 60 S in the other, -3/4" for each.  Weather starting to warm up here, but a lot of snow to melt.  Can't wait to get these out on the course.

Send the LS down here after you determine not to like it😉😁

• Like 1
1 minute ago, SwooshLT said:

Send the LS down here after you determine not to like it😉😁

Ha, I will put in some time dialing these in, out on the course and at the range.  Need to try different shafts, hosel settings, etc.  Always fun, and seems it will be especially fun with the Max and Max LS.

I am kind of happy that Callaway does not seem to have switched my order from the 9* Max LS head to the 10.5*.  I called this past Saturday, and he said he would need to wait until Monday to implement the switch.  Never heard anything more, and I suspect the build was already too far along to switch.

22 minutes ago, SwooshLT said:

Whaddup Playa! Long time........sorry to hear about your spinny experience.....did you ever hit gbb epic 2017? 

Hey Buddy! I hope all is well. It’s tough because they obviously weren’t a good fit with the length and shafts. When the original EPIC came out I got some really good numbers with the SZ HZRDUS Black, but I can’t move it like that anymore.

• Thanks 1
On 2/23/2021 at 2:09 AM, jeffrey r said:

Amazing showing by the Max LS.  First in distance, first in strokes gained, 6th in forgiveness.  Max 4th in forgiviness and 8th in strokes gained.  I originally had my order in for the 9* head in both the Max and Max LS, but then changed my order to the 10.5* Max LS.  Having second thoughts on that to maybe switch back to the 9* Max LS.  

I'm not saying that the Max LS isn't a great driver, but I wouldn't pay any attention to that test at all. One of the members here (@Forged4Ever? apologies if I have the wrong person and I'm throwing him under the bus) had some dealings with them and stories about their "vendor neutrality".

Some of those results are beyond absurd, I mean there's one guy on the planet who could report with a straight face that the G410 LST is more forgiving than the G425 Max:

5feab358ec90530a4c2434fa2365107ec1c4cb4f

19 minutes ago, GolfTurkey said:

I'm not saying that the Max LS isn't a great driver, but I wouldn't pay any attention to that test at all. One of the members here (@Forged4Ever? apologies if I have the wrong person and I'm throwing him under the bus) had some dealings with them and stories about their "vendor neutrality".

Some of those results are beyond absurd, I mean there's one guy on the planet who could report with a straight face that the G410 LST is more forgiving than the G425 Max:

5feab358ec90530a4c2434fa2365107ec1c4cb4f

But other than actually hitting every driver ourselves, how else do we go about comparing? 

12 hours ago, SwooshLT said:

But other than actually hitting every driver ourselves, how else do we go about comparing? 

Grouse about them like a bunch of hens in knitting club on this here message board.

Edited by Fairways_and_Greens
  • Like 4

TSi3 9° Tensei White Prototype 2.0 TX
Epic Flash SZ 15° Kai'li x
Epic Flash 3H 19° Evenflow Black 6.5
i210 4-G Modus3 120x
Glide 3.0 54°/60° Modus3 120x
2 Ball Ten

V1X, CSX-LS, who knows?

19 minutes ago, SwooshLT said:

Not via a BS report.  If it's for your own fitting purposes then it all depends on budget and where you live.

Personally it's easy enough. I'm a low spin driver so I can eliminate all the low spin models off the bat.  Then I look at specs and check out some reviews from places/people that I trust and make a shortlist which for me would be Epic Max, G425 Max, Radspeed XB and TSi2. Then it's up to whether I feel like paying for the Cool Clubs experience or if I try the clubs at various demo days / big box stores until I find the one I like best.

5 minutes ago, GolfTurkey said:

Not via a BS report.  If it's for your own fitting purposes then it all depends on budget and where you live.

Personally it's easy enough. I'm a low spin driver so I can eliminate all the low spin models off the bat.  Then I look at specs and check out some reviews from places/people that I trust and make a shortlist which for me would be Epic Max, G425 Max, Radspeed XB and TSi2. Then it's up to whether I feel like paying for the Cool Clubs experience or if I try the clubs at various demo days / big box stores until I find the one I like best.

Fair enough but not sure why with 18k shots hit that their data is BS......all numbers can be manipulated......

Adding to this,  some clubs are monitor monsters yet performance on course is just the opposite 

I'm lefty so demo isn't possible with every club and loft......I'm going through that right now with clubs you've mentioned.....RADspeed.....I want to hit it in 10.5* yet impossible to find it or LS head in lefty.....so I inquire with forums, YOUTUBE and the likes to be as informed as possible.....

Still can't see how you're calling their testing fabricated ......each his own 

• Like 1
22 minutes ago, SwooshLT said:

Fair enough but not sure why with 18k shots hit that their data is BS......all numbers can be manipulated......

Still can't see how you're calling their testing fabricated ......each his own 

Deliberately fabricated or simply ridiculous results (due to methodology, who knows, doesn't matter...), makes no difference to me. There was a member on here who was heavily involved there, also in testing, and threw some shade on their "objectivity". 

Regardless, when a report states that the G410 LST is more forgiving than the G425 Max I'm going to roll my eyes and ignore it. Just like the Maltby MPF rating. iteachgolf posted an example where they rated a blade more forgiving than a full set of Cleveland hybrids. Plenty of people gonna use the spy report, plenty of people use the MPF rating, lots of choice, all cool...

Edited by GolfTurkey

Whether MGS, YouTube videos, reports here and other forums, it’s all informational and hopefully instructive.  But I take it all with a grain of salt, and it doesn’t mean diddly until I can try a club out on the course.  Everything would have led to me preferring the Mav Max last season, but the Mav worked better for me.  Gotta hit ‘em, and out on the course (not on a monitor).

My Epics shipped today from Mexico, and are scheduled to arrive in NJ tomorrow. That would be impressive.     

• Like 1

12 hours ago, bcflyguy1 said:

It’s clear to me that different manufacturers have different agreements with shaft manufacturers. I had access to PUD prices last year.  If I recall, Ventus velocore was a $125 upcharge at TM while GD tour AD was $175. This was reversed at callaway, which charged more for Ventus and less for GD. I think these PUD up charges roughly reflect what the TM and Cally are paying for these shafts. Maybe TM is paying $75-100 for Ventus and $125 for GD. Cally probably has a better deal with GD but not the same deal with Fuji. If both manufacturers were paying nothing foe these shafts there wouldn’t be a difference in the PUD upcharge IMO. 

As for the 130msi Aldila question I disagree with the assertion that they are not the real deal. I doubt that a $300 shaft costs more than $20 or so to manufacture. The same as a $500 club head. You are paying for r and d and marketing.  Also there is something to price driving demand due to exclusivity. Same reason higher price actually drives demand for designer clothes. If a Dior shirt cost $20 instead of $500, many people would want it less. Aldila probably made a deal with callaway that they felt was beneficial to them.  They can sell them to Callaway for $50 and sell a ton of them and turn a good profit.  Meanwhile it doesn’t cannibalize sales of the rogue black and silver. Especially because people don’t believe the white 130s are the real deal. 

Edited by NoCalHack
1 hour ago, GolfTurkey said:

Deliberately fabricated or simply ridiculous results (due to methodology, who knows, doesn't matter...), makes no difference to me. There was a member on here who was heavily involved there, also in testing, and threw some shade on their "objectivity". 

Regardless, when a report states that the G410 LST is more forgiving than the G425 Max I'm going to roll my eyes and ignore it. Just like the Maltby MPF rating. iteachgolf posted an example where they rated a blade more forgiving than a full set of Cleveland hybrids. Plenty of people gonna use the spy report, plenty of people use the MPF rating, lots of choice, all cool...

My eyes didn’t roll but my BS detector went off. Then I did some further research and understand how they measure forgiveness.

It’s easily the most comprehensive test available and better than a lot of the anecdotal crap that I read in most places. It’s not perfect though by any means. I treat all information as a guide only. Nothing beats doing your own testing. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
11 hours ago, GolfTurkey said:

So in recap 18 k of actual shots hit is BS, but some board member you dont know stated he worked with them and they may not be as objective as they say and thats gospel.  I had to read this twice to realize that you were actually serious.

• Like 4

Looks like my Epic Max LS with HZRDUS Yellow and -3/4 + Grip (in stock non upcharge shaft) shipped yesterday as well! Ordered it last Monday.

Unfortunately I can't hit balls for two weeks as the course is now closed for API preps 😞

Edited by third-times-a-charm
  • Like 1

Epic Max LS + Diamana ZF / TS2 3W + Diamana BF / TS2 4H + Tensei CK Pro Blue / GAPR Lo 4 + MMT UT  / Apex 19 Pro + Modus3 120 / MD5 / Toulon Las Vegas +  KBS CT Tour

2 hours ago, third-times-a-charm said:

Looks like my Epic Max LS with HZRDUS Yellow and -3/4 + Grip (in stock non upcharge shaft) shipped yesterday as well! Ordered it last Monday.

Unfortunately I can't hit balls for two weeks as the course is now closed for API preps 😞

You don't have other courses as reciprocals around or even a range?

11 minutes ago, SwooshLT said:

You don't have other courses as reciprocals around or even a range?

I mean theres tons of courses to choose from, it's Orlando after all lol

The only public range around here is trash and I'm not gonna go hit range rocks or other wilson/top flite/whatever garbage range balls anywhere else with a brand new driver.

We do have reciprocals but I'm lazy and also dont feel like paying $80 to play somewhere else.

It's 'tennis week' as we call it during the API 😁

• Like 1

Epic Max LS + Diamana ZF / TS2 3W + Diamana BF / TS2 4H + Tensei CK Pro Blue / GAPR Lo 4 + MMT UT  / Apex 19 Pro + Modus3 120 / MD5 / Toulon Las Vegas +  KBS CT Tour

23 minutes ago, juggernaut0629 said:

My faith in callaway is draining fast. Potential ship dates have changed a 3rd time. Callaway is all over the map

FWIW mine in my account online still says 4/12-4/19 but my CS rep said 'its built, shipped, and clearing customs' as of today. Apparently Callaway can see those details in their system but we cant in our account logins until tracking has been scanned in by UPS

Also all these clubs are being built in Mexico at Callaways plant there.

The goodies have arrived!  10 days from ordering to receiving.  Can’t wait to hit these.  The IM10 60 6.0 I received is the mid launch version, as expected.  -3/4” on each shaft, and each driver weighs in right at D3 SW, so they definitely adjusted the sliding weight as I had requested.

I would say that quality control is a little lacking.  One of the adapters is a mess as you can see, and one of my grips was installed completely crooked.  I am sure they would fix these up, but not messing around with minor cosmetic stuff like this and something else getting messed up (though I might ask that they send me a new grip that I’ll install—correctly).

878E46B7-4632-4E90-B297-37FBBCCEEC50.jpeg

59FB8EE9-AF5E-4379-93C3-485CC403EFA2.jpeg

AAD95C5B-2ADB-4214-84A0-450CD1EDA4BA.jpeg

• Like 3