2021 Callaway Epic Speed, Epic Max, Epic LS drivers (in-hand photos)

GolfWRX

8 hours ago, noodle3872 said:

The Speed is a sleeper! I’m 103-105 mph with driver too. I put a 10G weight in the back, set the adapter to -1/N and swing away. With my +6° AOA I get 2200 rpm on good strikes, pure shots dip to 1900 rpm yet bad low strike spin up to 2600 rpm. My Mavrik was good, Speed is better. 

This is what I was afraid of. 

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, TigerInTheWoods said:

My question is if the new Max LS was supposed to be more like the old triple Diamond shapes and performance, why are all of the pros using the Speed LS triple Diamond instead with no track?

Shape, face height, and the ability to drop spin even more by swapping with the front weight.

PRDYMTC TOUR  9.8° + UB6 / PRDYMTC  15°@16 + UB6 / MVRKTC 18° + UB8 G430 26°@25+ IZ95 / FRGD TEC5-G + MODUS115 / MD5TC / SPDR EXTC + GPS

11 hours ago, SwooshLT said:

I have a gbb epic 17 10.5 and a Speed 10.5 both lofted down..... on monitor Speed is 4-600rpm less ......on course similar flight except Speed is flatter with rollout......I'm not the best example but Speed is definitely not high spinning!  

This is a mid speed guy

Wow this dude is a super low spin player - but the speed and max LS were both equally low spin for him.

• Like 1

PRDYMTC TOUR  9.8° + UB6 / PRDYMTC  15°@16 + UB6 / MVRKTC 18° + UB8 G430 26°@25+ IZ95 / FRGD TEC5-G + MODUS115 / MD5TC / SPDR EXTC + GPS

Okay so more testing today and yesterday. After 6 straight days of hitting balls I'm pretty sore and stiff but I'm super impressed by this Diamana S+ Limited 2nd Gen shaft. I've been swapping between a Tensei AV Blue tipped .5" and this S+ Limited and the Limited has better feel and flight by far.

I have a Tensei Pro Blue coming this week because it seems like a cool shaft as well, so we'll see how that compares.

• Like 2

I’ve got a Hzrdus Yellow Handcrafted in my Epic Flash Sub Zero that I’ve been happy with but I’m curios to demo the Speed and Max LS to compare with my shaft plus the stock offerings. If sound is better and mishits prove better then maybe it’s worth changing. We’ll see. 

• Like 1

Callaway Epic Speed 9° Driver
Callaway Epic Speed 4W - Smoke IM10

Callaway Apex UW (21°)

Mizuno Pro 225 (4i); 223 (5-9i); 221 (PW)
Jaws MD 5 50°, Full Toe 54°, 58° PM Grind
Toulon Odyssey Chicago

Max LS won the spot for me. Great feel and very stable for me. I love the shape...speed was a little smaller to my eye. Feels like the ball explodes off the face vs the sim2 which is more of the dull thud feeling(sim2 felt much better than the og sim)

Paired with a rogue white 60x which I’ve had the rogue white tx a few times as this really performs for a stock offering(not opening the discussion if these are “made for” or not lol)! Did order a rdx blue 60tx to do a little further testing. 

Icing on the cake is having the back weight to adjust as swing goes to crap or adjust as needed. Just a little extra piece of mind. 

Paradym 🔹🔹🔹 8* w/ GD VF 6TX

OG Sim Ti 16.5 w/ D+ LTD 80TX

Cobra King Tec 19* w/ TZ6 95M5

T200-T150 4-PW w/ Accra TZi 115's

Cleveland CBX Zipcore 46* bent to 48* w/ Accra TZi 115

Cleveland CBX Zipcore 54* & Vokey SM9 60* D grind w/ PX LS 6.0's

LAB Mezz 1 65/35

Chrome Soft X LS

So was playing around on the Callaway website using their Epic driver selector tool. It looks like the main Toggle for selecting a driver is the trajectory of my current driver. If high trajectory is selected the tool recommends the LS and if low trajectory is selected the tool recommends the Speed. Have you guys found that trajectory is a key factor in selecting the correct head? Or is the selector tool worthless and just select the head that performs best during demo? Thanks. 

Paradym Triple Diamond 10.5*

2 hours ago, SwooshLT said:

3rd Round with Epic Speed /Tensei Blue AV 65R combo....

Pretty got the club figured as far as misses are concerned.

Today's round showed consistency and distance that I haven't seen in awhile.

55yo Lefty golfer ; former scratch but that many moons ago ......this is my 2.0 golf career in which I've lost 20-25mph off swingspeed due to a myriad of injuries and medical conditions. I still truly love the game and play the appropriate tee box. Recent drives go 2-215 with the occasional 230-240 wind dependent.

I've played this course about 5 or 6 times recently with tsi2, gbb epic 17 and Speed drivers.......I know what distances I've had under different wind conditions.

1st hole par 5: 500yd back into a easterly 12-15mph Florida breeze.......decent drive in the 220-230 range with Speed .....about the Max I'd expect or have hit it.....true 3 shot hole so not too worried about distance there

3rd hole par 4: 400yd today down and across.....had 140yd to a front pin 9i to 3ft for birdie......easily 15-20 past my best there.

4th hole par 4: 390 into and from left I pulled it right but not much trouble having 170 to a middle pin.....decent length for me on this hole . 5i to 25ft 2 putt

5th hole par 4: 350 soft right but wind off right and slightly down..... nice high wind riding cut (go to shot ) that leaves me 85yds to a back right pin.....54* wedge to 4ft for another birdie.

6th hole par 4: 350 90* dogleg right into and across from right......he a quitting tee shot that went too high.....knockdown 9i from 123 to 20ft 2 putt

9th hole par 4: 325 downwind had 45yds to a front pin .....bumped 54* passed hole 18ft 2 putt

10th hole par 4: 345 across slightly down , trust the high cut leaving 90 to a middle right pin.....afraid to go long , I didn't commit to 54* coming in to low and short .....didn't get up n in

11th hole par 5: 490 90* dogleg right , trees protect right and I bailed left making a boring par

12th hole par 4: 390 90* dogleg right water all up the right.....hardest hole on course and made worse swing of the day.....back into the wind and just quit on it with a sorry pop-up down the left leading to my only double

13th hole par 4: 340 downwind left with 85yd 54* to 12ft 2 putt

14th hole par 4: 325 straight into high cut leaves 110 pw to 30ft 2 putt

16th hole par 4: 380 downwind 90* dogleg left .....push it further left chipping out making bogey

18th hole par 5: 505 into and across, very good swing leading to a wedge from 105 into making another birdie from 15ft

3 birds, 4 bogies and and double adds up to 3 over 74

3 non-committal driver swings but getting closer....tough to even quantify distance because it's pretty substantial and I don't wanna go into the " I've gained 50yds" club......

But I really feel as though it is a solid 20 on most drives but at times I'll see 40-70 past my previous drives on certain holes......I'm still human and have fears on particular holes(12th) but man it's fun to see the correlation between adding distance with same accuracy and scoring !

Short story long.......but Speed is for me

image.gif

image.gif

Great! Glad to see it's working out for you! My test run with the LS comes this Sat, fast running fairways, so there may be some exaggeration.

Audi A-Fore

Titleist TSR3 10* (D4), GD UB-6S

Cobra LTDx 15* HZRDUS Blue S (@ 16* )
TM M2 18*, Diamana S+ Blue 60 S
Titleist 816 21*, Tensei Blue S
Mizuno 223 Nippon Modus 105s (5-GW)

Titleist Vokey 54*
Titleist Vokey Gunblue 58* M Grind, 58* Low Bounce K
Scotty Cameron Studio Select Fastback 1.5 (2010), On the Bench: Scotty Cameron Phantom X 5.5 34"

8 minutes ago, LowAndLeft32 said:

So was playing around on the Callaway website using their Epic driver selector tool. It looks like the main Toggle for selecting a driver is the trajectory of my current driver. If high trajectory is selected the tool recommends the LS and if low trajectory is selected the tool recommends the Speed. Have you guys found that trajectory is a key factor in selecting the correct head? Or is the selector tool worthless and just select the head that performs best during demo? Thanks. 

I definitely see the Speed as a higher trajectory head than LS 

• Like 1

Got the Max LS dialed in today. Noticed these tee marks while cleaning lol

This S+ Limited shaft might stick around!

88C9C067-E7E6-49BA-B330-0666328DC496.jpeg.5677287b4a514777fcfd8d74010ffae6.jpeg

• Like 2

3 hours ago, SwooshLT said:

3rd Round with Epic Speed /Tensei Blue AV 65R combo....

Pretty got the club figured as far as misses are concerned.

Today's round showed consistency and distance that I haven't seen in awhile.

55yo Lefty golfer ; former scratch but that many moons ago ......this is my 2.0 golf career in which I've lost 20-25mph off swingspeed due to a myriad of injuries and medical conditions. I still truly love the game and play the appropriate tee box. Recent drives go 2-215 with the occasional 230-240 wind dependent.

I've played this course about 5 or 6 times recently with tsi2, gbb epic 17 and Speed drivers.......I know what distances I've had under different wind conditions.

1st hole par 5: 500yd back into a easterly 12-15mph Florida breeze.......decent drive in the 220-230 range with Speed .....about the Max I'd expect or have hit it.....true 3 shot hole so not too worried about distance there

3rd hole par 4: 400yd today down and across.....had 140yd to a front pin 9i to 3ft for birdie......easily 15-20 past my best there.

4th hole par 4: 390 into and from left I pulled it right but not much trouble having 170 to a middle pin.....decent length for me on this hole . 5i to 25ft 2 putt

5th hole par 4: 350 soft right but wind off right and slightly down..... nice high wind riding cut (go to shot ) that leaves me 85yds to a back right pin.....54* wedge to 4ft for another birdie.

6th hole par 4: 350 90* dogleg right into and across from right......he a quitting tee shot that went too high.....knockdown 9i from 123 to 20ft 2 putt

9th hole par 4: 325 downwind had 45yds to a front pin .....bumped 54* passed hole 18ft 2 putt

10th hole par 4: 345 across slightly down , trust the high cut leaving 90 to a middle right pin.....afraid to go long , I didn't commit to 54* coming in to low and short .....didn't get up n in

11th hole par 5: 490 90* dogleg right , trees protect right and I bailed left making a boring par

12th hole par 4: 390 90* dogleg right water all up the right.....hardest hole on course and made worse swing of the day.....back into the wind and just quit on it with a sorry pop-up down the left leading to my only double

13th hole par 4: 340 downwind left with 85yd 54* to 12ft 2 putt

14th hole par 4: 325 straight into high cut leaves 110 pw to 30ft 2 putt

16th hole par 4: 380 downwind 90* dogleg left .....push it further left chipping out making bogey

18th hole par 5: 505 into and across, very good swing leading to a wedge from 105 into making another birdie from 15ft

3 birds, 4 bogies and and double adds up to 3 over 74

3 non-committal driver swings but getting closer....tough to even quantify distance because it's pretty substantial and I don't wanna go into the " I've gained 50yds" club......

But I really feel as though it is a solid 20 on most drives but at times I'll see 40-70 past my previous drives on certain holes......I'm still human and have fears on particular holes(12th) but man it's fun to see the correlation between adding distance with same accuracy and scoring !

Short story long.......but Speed is for me

image.gif

image.gif

Dude. Fun post! You’re sick and we love it!

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, Steelhead said:

Dude. Fun post! You’re sick and we love it!

Thanks bro......I think!  Lol...... coming from a short hitting old timer, it's nice to get feedback from the best community on the internet  ...... I've met so many like minded people who I now can call friends.  

• Like 2

10 hours ago, SwooshLT said:

I love that shaft......I think it might actually suit me better than this tensei but I'm not taking any chances....

Funny thing is that I play both my ATMOS Blue shafts tipped 1" in my woods, and I'm playing this S+ Limited straight in and its seeming to work great. I thought I would need some tipping.

Unless it's tipped and I don't know it - does anyone know the tip to graphics for the S+ Limited? I might make a seperate thread on that.

Also this S+ Limited is REALLY counterbalanced. I had to add even more lead tape than my HZRDUS Yellow or ATMOS Black.

13 minutes ago, third-times-a-charm said:

Funny thing is that I play both my ATMOS Blue shafts tipped 1" in my woods, and I'm playing this S+ Limited straight in and its seeming to work great. I thought I would need some tipping.

Unless it's tipped and I don't know it - does anyone know the tip to graphics for the S+ Limited? I might make a seperate thread on that.

Also this S+ Limited is REALLY counterbalanced. I had to add even more lead tape than my HZRDUS Yellow or ATMOS Black.

Never noticed a CB feel in the shaft.....I only played gen one .....wonder if they changed the shaft dynamics? 

9 minutes ago, SwooshLT said:

Never noticed a CB feel in the shaft.....I only played gen one .....wonder if they changed the shaft dynamics? 

It definitely doesnt have a CB feel but does have a .610+ butt diameter and some counterweighting in the butt.

This is from a post in another S+ thread on here:

The S+ LE has an almost 3/4" higher balance point than the BF.  25" balance point on the S+ LE vs. 24.37" for the BF. 

I dont mind the extra weight in the head...more MOI I guess! lol

• Thanks 1

On 3/15/2021 at 6:56 PM, Tommyboi95 said:

Just got word from a reliable source that the Epic Speed LS Triple Diamond will come to the market mid April. Said they’re going to be super limited supply and that they are close to and yes I verified I heard him properly close to 500 to 750 RPMs lower.  Crazy stuff 

Any word on LH coming out or is that staying tour only?

2 hours ago, dj6627 said:

I have S+ 2nd Gen in PXG 3 wood (assume 0.5 inch tip trim).

15 inches to ‘L’ in chemical

Thanks! Mine is 15.75" to the L in chemical - so it seems mine it untipped and yours is tipped .75", or you were just off by ~.25" since I assume you have an adapter on it.

3 minutes ago, LowAndLeft32 said:

Thanks swoosh. Do you like the Tensei blue ck, av, or pro? 

I have an AV and Pro and will be comparing them soon.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, LowAndLeft32 said:

Ok what are some of the favorite shafts in 60 gram weight class for theses drivers? 

MMT for me... Blue board feel with white board flight. 

Edited by bogeypro
Correction
  • Like 1

PXG Black Ops Tour driver 

PXG g5 3 wood

PXG Black Ops 17* hybrid

TaylorMade Qi10 5 wood

TaylorMade P770 4-9 KBS Tour

TaylorMade MG4 46/52/58wedges

Bettinardi BB1 putter