No celebs at the Pebble Beach Pro-am

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Finally, a dream that came true.   No celebrities / clowns.   I will watch it this year.   

Hot take:  I’m stoked to just get some plain golf coverage at Pebble this year...  We get to sit back and enjoy without the nonsense.   Probably going to bring in a really good field, because it is no

That event has been nothing since James Garner quit playing in it!   This is a favorite story (and yes, very wrxer - "so I punched the guy, was I wrong?", lol).  He won the civil trial so no

Posted Images

4 hours ago, OutBackHack said:

A couple of small items.... Phil is in the field at Pebble and Tiger has not committed to play Torrey.

Other than that, solid post.

You're right that TW hasn't yet committed to Torrey. It's really weird, he always plays that tourney, and I think he'd especially want to play with the Open coming up in 6 months. Maybe he's thinking about playing Pebble instead! Regarding Phil, are you sure he's committed? He doesn't show up in the list of players yet, and I can't find any news..

If I'm CEO of AT&T, I'm writing a blank check made out to The Tiger Woods Foundation and getting on the next plane to Jupiter, Florida. Whatever it takes to get TW in my event. Imagine TW back at Pebble.. hook around the tree on 18 for eagle!!! Money in the bank.

• Sad 1

I must be the odd man out. While I don’t go out of my way to watch it, I don’t mind it. I’m all for something different than week in/week out same people playing same stroke play on courses that look all too much the same. Any change in format, even if it is just addition of people that aren’t great at golf, is welcome in my mind. 

Edited by bigred90gt
  • Like 1
2 hours ago, golfgirlrobin said:

Garner once told me to get the F*** out of his way.  It was still the Crosby and I had inadvertently walked in front of him as he went from green to tee.  I was an 8 year old girl.  

My 18 year old brother tried to stand up for me and he told my brother, “Don’t make me have to talk to you, junior.”  

It’s become family legend. 

Ouch! I’m sure it was Phil Harris! 

Seriously, no excuse for that. 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, tw_focus said:

You're right that TW hasn't yet committed to Torrey. It's really weird, he always plays that tourney, and I think he'd especially want to play with the Open coming up in 6 months. Maybe he's thinking about playing Pebble instead! Regarding Phil, are you sure he's committed? He doesn't show up in the list of players yet, and I can't find any news..

If I'm CEO of AT&T, I'm writing a blank check made out to The Tiger Woods Foundation and getting on the next plane to Jupiter, Florida. Whatever it takes to get TW in my event. Imagine TW back at Pebble.. hook around the tree on 18 for eagle!!! Money in the bank.

Phil’s on the list. 

You love Tiger and don’t know why he wouldn’t have committed to Torrey? Not weird. 

• Like 1
45 minutes ago, bigred90gt said:

I must be the odd man out. While I don’t go out of my way to watch it, I don’t mind it. I’m all for something different than week in/week out same people playing same stroke play on courses that look all too much the same. Any change in format, even if it is just addition of people that aren’t great at golf, is welcome in my mind. 

I’m with you Bigred, for the most part I didn’t mind watching the ams. Murray got old, and Berman was awful. But it was always fun watching to see who the baggers and vanity caps are. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, tw_focus said:

You're right that TW hasn't yet committed to Torrey. It's really weird, he always plays that tourney, and I think he'd especially want to play with the Open coming up in 6 months.

Come this time next week this tw_focus post will have aged as badly as his "bet the house" on Tiger posts. Tiger has until next Friday to commit to the Farmers. Ignore the static.

Edited by grm24
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1
14 hours ago, dalehead said:

Now if they would only make this change permanent.

Sure. All of the local charities that benefit from the AT&T pro am would be on board for this. /sarcasm. You have zero idea how much money is raised annually for charity from this event from the pro-am and daily attendance. 

• Confused 1
21 hours ago, PZero said:

The only thing I had to look forward to this year was Gary Mule Deer playing golf at Pebble and now that has been taken away from me. Damn you COVID, damn you to hell.

I remember Gary Mule Deer on an old game show called 'Make Me Laugh', had Bob Saget from 'Full House' fame as well. Wouldn't mind seeing that show as a reboot...could only imagine the material this time around...

Edited by puttfordoux
1 hour ago, puttfordoux said:

I remember Gary Mule Deer on an old game show called 'Make Me Laugh', had Bob Saget from 'Full House' fame as well. Wouldn't mind seeing that show as a reboot...could only imagine the material this time around...

LOL, I’d never heard of him until the first time I saw him on TV at the golf tournament. 

• Like 1
8 hours ago, grm24 said:

Come this time next week this tw_focus post will have aged as badly as his "bet the house" on Tiger posts. Tiger has until next Friday to commit to the Farmers. Ignore the static.

Hey you might want to re-read the post you replied to. It's strange that TW hasn't announced his schedule and is waiting until the last minute.

Looks like your post has aged badly and is only a few hours old.

• Confused 1
39 minutes ago, Hawkeye77 said:

No, it's not strange, it's pretty typical, has been for several years. Why do you keep going on about that?

Absolutely false. He typically announces his schedule for most of the year well before Torrey. Here's a recent article:

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2017/jan/05/tiger-woods-2017-schedule-pga-comeback

Note the date on that article - Jan 4 2017.

38 minutes ago, tw_focus said:

Absolutely false. He typically announces his schedule for most of the year well before Torrey. Here's a recent article:

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2017/jan/05/tiger-woods-2017-schedule-pga-comeback

That was 4 years ago, lol. Things change.

• Like 1
56 minutes ago, tw_focus said:

LOL, that's not "most of the year", and not "false", but yes, he did outline three events for his comeback early in 2017 and there were reasons for each.

Injuries have seemed to have him not making plans too far in advance, and plenty of speculation on here as to what he plans to do all the time, last minute signups have been pretty common when he's been hurt (which has been a lot), maybe wrx hype overtaking reality but seems to be the case . . . . BUT I don't hang on his every announcement so won't claim to be a TW schedule expert.

Some think he's famous for being coy about it, so here's one dissent, maybe it's off?

https://www.liveabout.com/tiger-woods-schedule-4122193

Edited by Hawkeye77
  • Like 1

The way Tiger looked last year, don’t be surprised if his schedule is very limited going forward.  Possibly 8 to 10 events, the majors and a warm up event two weeks prior. Throw in his tournament and maybe the Memorial and that may be it. 

• Like 1

I pick 14 of the following:
Ping G400
Ping G410 3, 5 and 7 wood
Ping G 400 4 hybrid
Ping G 4-U
Ping Glide 2.0 Stealth 54, 58 SS
Grips NDMC +4
Odyssey Pro #1 black
Hoofer
ProV1x-mostly
ECCO Biom Hybrid 3

2 hours ago, dlygrisse said:

The way Tiger looked last year, don’t be surprised if his schedule is very limited going forward.  Possibly 8 to 10 events, the majors and a warm up event two weeks prior. Throw in his tournament and maybe the Memorial and that may be it. 

Hope so, but I’ll be surprised if he can attend 8-9 a year total on average the next few years but that’s a total wrx guess. 

• Like 1

I attended the PB Pro-Am a couple years back.....it was kind of refreshing to see guys like Steve Young, Tony Romo, and Justin Timberlake out there and playing well....at the same time, the tired antics of Bill Murray and seeing Larry the Cable Guy in a sleeveless camo shirt were a bit off putting.  Just gotta take the good with the bad.....

On 1/16/2021 at 1:19 AM, golfgirlrobin said:

Garner once told me to get the F*** out of his way.  It was still the Crosby and I had inadvertently walked in front of him as he went from green to tee.  I was an 8 year old girl.  

My 18 year old brother tried to stand up for me and he told my brother, “Don’t make me have to talk to you, junior.”  

It’s become family legend. 

Did the outrage cause Ralph Lauren to cancel his contract?

Srixon Z785 9.5 Hzrdus stiff

Srixon Z F85 18* Hzrdus stiff

Ping Karsten 22* Hybrid

Callaway 2018 Apex mb 4-PW Modus 3 120 stiff
Srixon Z765 51* Modus stiff
Srixon Z765 57* Modus stiff
Cleveland RTX 3 62* TTDG
Seemore M5 HT Platinum