Custom Fitting Experience at SeeMore facility in Nashville

Myherobobhope

@bortass Tagging you because I told you I'd tell you how it went... They are REALLY on the wrong side of Atlanta, but what's a 3 hour drive to an Atlantean? (there's also a really good diner in Dalton... they had some weird carrot dish that was exceptional)

As of  10/11/2021

9 Callaway Mavrk Sub Zero with Ventus Black 7X

13 Degree Srixon 3 wood Project X Black 6.5

19 Degree Sub70 939 Pro with Proforce V2

4 Utility Sub70 699u 22 degree Proforce V2

5-GW Srixon Zx5 with Project X 6.5

Sub70 286 54

Sub70 JB Low Bounce 58

SeeMore milled Tri-Mallet fit and built at SeeMore 

So what putter did you end up with exactly? 

Lefty - WITB Thread

Driver: 10° Cobra LTDxLS | AD-IZ 6X 

3W: 15° Callaway Paradym X | AD-IZ 7X

3H: 19° Ping G410 | Tensei CK Pro Orange 90TX

Irons: PXG 0311P 4-6 | 0317CB 7-PW | DG 120 X100

Wedges: SM9 50° - 54° - 58° 

Putter(s): Ping PLD Anser 4K | CMD Gauge R | and more. 

Ball: TP5X 2024

Bag: Ghost Katana

51 minutes ago, MattM97 said:

So what putter did you end up with exactly? 

https://store.seemore.com/putters/100-percent-premium-milled-series/black-ht-mallet-p1015.html

Is what I bought...

p1421-1_mtri-mallet.jpg

Cody thought the 

https://store.seemore.com/putters/classic-series/black-si5-w-alum-insert-p1013.html

was a good fit too.

Edited by Myherobobhope
  • Like 1

As of  10/11/2021

Sub70 286 54

Sub70 JB Low Bounce 58

Congrats!  sounds like a great experience.

• Like 1

Driver (9.0) - Cobra LTDx Aldila Rogue Silver 70 S, 44.5"
Wood (14.5) - Ping G425 MAX Alta CB 65 Slate S

Wood (17.5) - Ping G425 MAX Alta CB 65 Slate S
Driving Iron (20) - Srixon U65 Project X 5.5
Irons (5-6) - Srixon Z565 Project X 5.5
Irons (7-P) - Srixon Z765 Project X 5.5
Wedges - Vokey SM-7 Jet Black / 50.08 F / 54.08 M / 58.08 M DG S300
Putter - Edel E-1
Ball - Titleist Prov1x
ZGrip Midsized Grips

42 minutes ago, Myherobobhope said:

I like your pick better. Hope it treats you well.

• Like 1

Lefty - WITB Thread

Driver: 10° Cobra LTDxLS | AD-IZ 6X 

3W: 15° Callaway Paradym X | AD-IZ 7X

3H: 19° Ping G410 | Tensei CK Pro Orange 90TX

Irons: PXG 0311P 4-6 | 0317CB 7-PW | DG 120 X100

Wedges: SM9 50° - 54° - 58° 

Putter(s): Ping PLD Anser 4K | CMD Gauge R | and more. 

Ball: TP5X 2024

Bag: Ghost Katana

2 minutes ago, MattM97 said:

I like your pick better. Hope it treats you well.

Agree... I like the one I got a ton... need to put in then work with my putting, but having the right tool will be a huge help.

• Like 2

As of  10/11/2021

Sub70 286 54

Sub70 JB Low Bounce 58

On 1/15/2021 at 4:15 PM, Myherobobhope said:

If you are interested in a SeeMore putter and driving distance from Nashville, here's my review from my experience today.

Just got back from Nashville (technically, I just got back from walking my dog who was stuck in the house all day because I drove to Nashville)… 6 hours in the car, 2 hours inside SeeMore’s facility and $520 later… The TLDR is: If you can find a way to go see Cody at SeeMore, I highly recommend it.

For those of you who want more details… I brought my putter, we hooked it up to the SAM. Cody very politely told me there was no such thing as a bad number… I had bad numbers. Mostly consistency, but pretty much every number could use some improvement (which is always true, it was just more true for me).

He starts by just going over how I’m addressing the ball… Last year I took a putting lesson and moved to a more piston style putting stroke (elbows out and moving the putter like a piston)… it hadn’t helped, but I stuck with it… Cody moved me back into a more regular putting stroke, and helped me better address the ball, including starting my address with my right hand instead of my left hand… This is a simple adjustment that was HUGELY beneficial. Basically we spent 30-45 minutes with him giving me a putting lesson. It was very helpful. We went over address, some drills to get my backswing and follow through more synced up, swing path with the putter… While doing this, he also kept handing me different putters to try.

I’ve only really done one iron fitting, but I’ve hit a lot of balls in front of a lot of reps, and talked golf equipment with a number of golf shop employees. I’ve experienced a variety of knowledge levels and a variety of confidence levels… Cody was one of the best golf guys I’ve ever worked with… Confident in his knowledge to the point he would have me try things he didn’t think would work, just to make sure he had it dialed in… We finally hit 4 putters on the SAM and he gave me the option of 2 putters… Basically the classic SeeMore Mallet with 3 lines for $200 or a fully milled one for $350… We agreed I hit the 2nd one better, so I pulled the trigger… I figure if I keep it in play for 10 years, that’s only $15 a year. I didn't price the all black mallet upgrade, but it looked amazing... Didn't think it would improve my performance, and I was already at the top of my budget.

He also showed me a putting practice mat that apparently he designed / invented…

https://store.seemore.com/portable-putting-mat-item-ac9010.html

It’s designed to help you do two things I need to start practicing… taking the club back square and inside and having your follow through match your backswing. IN THE CART.

Add in the $150 fitting fee (Honestly, this was a bargain… best putting lesson I’ve ever had, plus it gives you hard numbers on your putting stats to help you build your own putter if you don’t want a Seemore)… and I’m out the door for $520. Which was less than I was going to spend on an Edel.

@SeeMorePutters Thanks for hosting me! Very enjoyable experience. Cody was fantastic, helpful and friendly… He is obviously knowledgeable and wants to build putters that work for people. He gave me some great drills to really hone in my putting, and I have every confidence the putter I’m getting will help me become a better putter…

Looking forward to doing some drills with it in the future… The mat is definitely worth a look if you want something new in your basement. It works without a ball (or with it) and can be used on the greens or at home… Overall, it’s very simple, but I think it’s an awesome training aid… It’s also built to work with their mirrors if you are into that sort of thing.

Thanks for taking time to come and visit.  Always happy to help.  Door is always open.  Keep us posted on how it goes!  Have a great week.  

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Still love the putter and would happily pay for a fitting again... really excited to game the seemore this season (and for the next 20 years)

• Like 1

As of  10/11/2021

Sub70 286 54

Sub70 JB Low Bounce 58

31 minutes ago, SeeMore Putters said:

What type of stats are you going to keep for the year?

I'm hoping my commitment to more comprehensive stats actually holds, but at the minimum, I will track every round on my S62. So that will have all the basic stats from a round. 

I'm toying with the idea of gluing a sensor to the top of my putter and see if it generates better tracking for me, but I'd love to do a better job of tracking: Length of first putt and where it went... Someone elsewhere suggest basically having a clock, (12 being straight downhill, 6 being uphill, 3 breaking left, 9 breaking right) and tracking all 18 first putt and where they ended up. Seems like an easy way to follow my first putt.

If you have any suggestions on best practices for tracking putting, I'm happy to hear them!

• Like 1

As of  10/11/2021

Sub70 286 54

Sub70 JB Low Bounce 58

• 1 month later...

@bortass I owe you a putting update and a general update in general...

It's been a weird week, I had 2 opportunities to play, but have only played 18 holes. Such is life.

Yesterday, I was set to play a round with newer member at our club. Apparently he decided to send a drunken, curse filled tirade that included his resignation to the club the night before... the board accepted it, and thus he no showed my tee time. 

So I played by myself. I had the first tee time, but the 80 year old couple with a 9:12 tee time hit the tee box at 9:02... I ended up basically driving up behind them and standing on the tee box so I wasn't stuck behind them all morning... they graciously let me take my tee time. I did NOT thank them. 

Hole #1 is an interesting starting hole... dog leg left, but you can cut the corner if you are confident with your first drive of the day... I was, it worked... I had 10 yards to the green (about a 270 yard drive)... flubbed a chip and made a good pass at my birdie putt from about 20 feet, and walked away with a par... 

Got up and down with another mediocre chip and a great putt. 

On three, my grip on my driver was off... I quickly figured out what was wrong when I pulled the shaft out of the adapter tip... Guess I'm not playing driver! So it's time to battle test the 12 degree short driver experiment. 

The long story short on it is: It's OK, but it doesn't do anything a 3 wood can't do, and isn't better than a strong 3 wood for me. I can't really step on it to hit it farther, it spins a ton and feels mediocre. I think I'm going to buy my pro's old strong 3 wood and throw a shaft in it... We will see how much he wants for it!

So I play the rest of the round with a driver I don't like, hit the ball OK but my focus is way off... it's better on the greens and I keep focus on tempo. I had 16 putts on 9 holes. I'm pretty happy.

Today, I played with 2 buddies... same great drive, better chip (I thought it was going to go in) and missed a comeback 8 footer and made par... I should mention as we teed off, the pro mentioned the greens had been double cut and rolled today. They were SIGNIFICANTLY faster than my round yesterday first thing in the morning with dew still on the ground... Time for an adventure!

I ended up borrowing a shaft for my driver and really liking it... my 12 degree got put in a corner in the pro shop... and my putting was GOOD. I didn't make anything long, but I didn't miss anything short. I had 13 putts going into 9. What happened on 9 doesn't really count, as the greens were fast and the pin was in a silly spot... I was off the green at the very back, and hit a put slightly too hard... my buddy stopped it so it wouldn't go 50 yards down the hill. It really wasn't a BAD putt. I had 40 feet and needed to hit a 10 foot putt... I hit it hard enough to go 15. I knew it was too hard about 5 feet in.

I'm REALLY happy with where my putting is after basically 36 holes this season... tempo is good, putter is great. I actually feel really confident on the greens and I'm looking forward to the season with the putter. I'm 100% confident as the season progresses I'll start dropping more long putts.

I did drop a 30 foot putt in my first round back, and expect more to come.

My iron play was AWFUL today, and my mental focus and committing to the shot needs some work. I hit some good shots, but it's definitely still early for me!

• Like 1

As of  10/11/2021

Sub70 286 54

Sub70 JB Low Bounce 58

2 minutes ago, bortass said:

Glad the putter and putting practice is paying off!

Most definitely... I still have nothing but good things to say about the experience, and really appreciate Cody's help.

The 2 hours we spent talking about putting was probably more helpful than the new putter... but the new putter is great and definitely has helped me have better alignment and more confidence with my start line... It's also built for me and the greens I play on, so that's been super helpful. 

As of  10/11/2021

Sub70 286 54

Sub70 JB Low Bounce 58

30 putts today, and i didn't feel like I did anything all that special... had a number of 6+ foot putts on the right line, just left them a little short... Normally, I'd start ramming them 2 feet past after the first one, but I trusted my tempo and just tried to get them to roll a little farther. 

Putter is fantastic. 

As of  10/11/2021

Sub70 286 54

Sub70 JB Low Bounce 58

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/13/2021 at 12:51 PM, Myherobobhope said:

30 putts today, and i didn't feel like I did anything all that special... had a number of 6+ foot putts on the right line, just left them a little short... Normally, I'd start ramming them 2 feet past after the first one, but I trusted my tempo and just tried to get them to roll a little farther. 

Putter is fantastic. 

Well done.  Speed control will become much better.  Keep trusting the process!

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...

Just an update... I freaking love my SeeMore. 

I give a ton of credit to Cody, the training aid he recommended, and the RST on the putter... the three put me in a position to succeed with my putting this year, and it's definitely coming along nicely. As with all things in golf, I'm still learning, but I'm shocked at how much more comfortable I am on the greens, especially over shorter putts. 

My confidence level has never been higher with my putter, and I'm consistently hitting 32 or less putts in a round, which is a significant drop for me... I'm still grinding my lag putting, but my last round I wasn't CLOSE to having a 3 putt... 

The putter feels and looks great, and I'm very happy with the physical putter built to my specs... I'm contemplating getting a "back up" putter in a different color, just because I like this one so much...

As of  10/11/2021

Sub70 286 54

Sub70 JB Low Bounce 58

On 5/29/2021 at 4:35 PM, Myherobobhope said:

Just an update... I freaking love my SeeMore. 

I give a ton of credit to Cody, the training aid he recommended, and the RST on the putter... the three put me in a position to succeed with my putting this year, and it's definitely coming along nicely. As with all things in golf, I'm still learning, but I'm shocked at how much more comfortable I am on the greens, especially over shorter putts. 

My confidence level has never been higher with my putter, and I'm consistently hitting 32 or less putts in a round, which is a significant drop for me... I'm still grinding my lag putting, but my last round I wasn't CLOSE to having a 3 putt... 

The putter feels and looks great, and I'm very happy with the physical putter built to my specs... I'm contemplating getting a "back up" putter in a different color, just because I like this one so much...

Great work.  Which training aid did he mention to you?  Keep up the solid work and thanks for the update.

• Like 1

White training board

I believe Cody designed it... great for tempo.

As of  10/11/2021

Sub70 286 54

Sub70 JB Low Bounce 58

• 10 months later...

Took home a sweet prize for winning a putting competition… feels good.

still love my seemore 

F6D62DFB-E8DC-4141-872F-27BA0EB70049.jpeg

As of  10/11/2021

Sub70 286 54

Sub70 JB Low Bounce 58