G425 delivery times

• Replies 442
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

What exactly did you want Ping to do?  They can't just magically produce two Rogue White 80X shafts out of thin air for you.   If you insist that the Rogue White 80X shaft is the only shaft

Some precious came in yesterday!  Less then 4 weeks for all.  

Lack of customer service? They are experiencing a generational shortage due to circumstances way out of their control and you want them to bend over backwards for you? Let not act like they messed up

Posted Images

I really liked the looks of the G425 irons but was going to save considerable money getting the G410’s (even though I have an irrational hate of red) then was quoted as 10-12 weeks and was not made aware of any backlogs with the G425 so I chose to go that route. I got an email last night stating that the grips I chose were no Ionger available and asked if another model was ok in its place so I hope that’s a good sign. 

Went back and looked:  both had customization but nothing too wild

Driver was ordered on 03-DEC and arrived 07-JAN

RH G410 PLUS 10.5°, TENSEI CK ORANGE 60 REGULAR FLEX, STANDARD 45.25" LENGTH, MCC BLACK/WHITE GRIP +2 WRAPS

3H was ordered on 11-DEC and arrived on 14-JAN

RH! G410 19* TENSEI PRO BLUE 70 REG FLEX STD LENGTH MCC BLACK/WHITE +2 WRAPS

I have heard all g425 product is in stock and ready to be built to your custom options.  Ping is making it their #1 priority on the g425 line. most likely 2-4 weeks on custom orders.  The g410 line is no longer available for custom orders.

• Haha 1
G425 MAX 9*
G425 LST 3W
G425 3H,4H
SRIXON ZX5 5-PW W/ MMT105S HS ONCE.
MG2 48 // MG HT RAW 52, 56
ODYSSEY 2 BALL CS 38"

I doubt there will be a backup, at least for initial launch. They delayed the North American and European launches quite a bit so they could build up enough inventory to meet their expected demand. It would be incredibly stupid of them to release a new product if they were going to immediately have 2+ month backups on orders. As someone who preordered on the first day they were open I expect I'll get it on or about the 4th when they're officially "released". It's not uncommon for companies to ship out the preorders a few days before so people get them near the actual "release" date. They may get backed up eventually if orders exceed their expectations and build up of inventory, but I wouldn't imagine that would happen for a while and certainly not right at release.

• Like 1

Driver: Ping G425 LST 9º (at 8º) Accra TZ5 65 M5

3 Wood: Taylormade SIM Ti 15º Accra TZ5 75 M5

3i/4i: Srixon Z785 Nippon Modus 120X (4i 1º weak)

5i-PW: Srixon Z-Forged Modus 120X

50º/54º/60º: Cleveland RTX 4 (Mid Bounce) Modus 120X (50º/54º) & DG TI S400 (60º)

Putter: Scotty Cameron Special Select Squareback 2 (33.75", 70º lie, 2.5º loft)

I ordered the G425 Max driver with the Tensei AV Raw Orange 4 days after the pre-order was opened up through my clubs pro shop and they got a message from Ping stating the shaft has a 9 week lead time . Delivery date is in March . Not like I can use it up here in Canada but you would think they would’ve stocked up on a shaft that is considered a “ stock “ option . 

[color=#FF0000]Ping G410 LST[/color]/ [color=#800080]Ping G410 5 wood [/color] / [color=#0000CD]Ping G410 3 Hybrid*[/color]<br />[color=#40E0D0]Ping i210 4-UW [/color] / [color=#FF8C00] Titleist Vokey SM6 56* & 60*[/color]<br />[color=#EE82EE]Odyssey O-Works Black 7s [/color] /[color=#800000]Taylormade TP5x[/color]

On 1/17/2021 at 11:28 AM, clevelandlefty05 said:

I ordered the G425 Max driver with the Tensei AV Raw Orange 4 days after the pre-order was opened up through my clubs pro shop and they got a message from Ping stating the shaft has a 9 week lead time . Delivery date is in March . Not like I can use it up here in Canada but you would think they would’ve stocked up on a shaft that is considered a “ stock “ option . 

Yeah, that’s discouraging to hear.  I ordered the same shaft for my G425 Max on Jan 19.  I agree, they should have sufficient inventory on a stock shaft.  Oh well, I’ll continue to hit my old G15 until the new one ships

On 1/17/2021 at 10:28 AM, clevelandlefty05 said:

Just curious, did you hit both the Orange and the Alta CB and if so, how would you say they are different?

8 hours ago, Boiler91 said:

Yeah, that’s discouraging to hear.  I ordered the same shaft for my G425 Max on Jan 19.  I agree, they should have sufficient inventory on a stock shaft.  Oh well, I’ll continue to hit my old G15 until the new one ships

Same question for you: did you hit both the Tensei Orange and the Alta CB and if so, what was the main difference between the two?

8 minutes ago, RacineBoxer said:

Same question for you: did you hit both the Tensei Orange and the Alta CB and if so, what was the main difference between the two?

The Raw Orange plays at 45.25" and is a mid launch with mid/low spin. Alta CB plays at 45.75" due to the counter balance shaft and is a high launch with mid/high spin.

G425 MAX 9*
G425 LST 3W
G425 3H,4H
ODYSSEY 2 BALL CS 38"

1 hour ago, Titleist84 said:

Anyone pre order from Dick's before?  When do they usually start shipping orders out?  

Dick's don't ship the orders Ping does all the pre-order shipping.  Any pre order will ship around Feb. 4th most likely.  This is the official in store date.

• Like 1
G425 MAX 9*
G425 LST 3W
G425 3H,4H
ODYSSEY 2 BALL CS 38"

13 hours ago, Boiler91 said:

I did hit both.  The end result for me was a tighter dispersion with the Tensei Orange.  It was a better fit for my swing.

Any noticeable differences in height/spin? The Ping shaft chart shows the Tensei Orange being slightly softer than the Alta CB, but also slightly lower launching. 

The Tensei Orange Raw gets such rave reviews, including being an expensive shaft, that it seems like a no brainer to pick over the Alta CB. I'll probably hit both. I secretly hope the Orange wins for me - LOL. 

33 minutes ago, RacineBoxer said:

Any noticeable differences in height/spin? The Ping shaft chart shows the Tensei Orange being slightly softer than the Alta CB, but also slightly lower launching. 

The Tensei Orange Raw gets such rave reviews, including being an expensive shaft, that it seems like a no brainer to pick over the Alta CB. I'll probably hit both. I secretly hope the Orange wins for me - LOL. 

Yeah the Tensei did have lower spin numbers and a lower trajectory, it was the better shaft for me .  My Ping fitter was very confident in that choice.  I just hope they have those shafts in stock on the Feb 4 ship date.

• Like 1

I have the 410 LST driver with Tour 65  that I bought used. I hit it pretty well with 100 mph ss. I have a fitting on Thursday for G425 3 wood. I’m curious to see how the Tour 75 compares to Tensei Orange. 

Ping G410 LST 9° Ping Tour 65 S

Ping G425 Max 14.5° Ping Tour 75 S

Taylormade Sim2 Max 19° PX HZRDUS

Smoke Black RDX 90 S
Ping Crossover 22° Ping Tour 85 S

Ping G425 5-U Nippon NS Pro 105 S
Titleist Vokey SM8 54, 58 DG Wedge

Piretti Firenze 303 Midnight 34”

On 1/25/2021 at 5:07 PM, Titleist84 said:

Anyone pre order from Dick's before?  When do they usually start shipping orders out?  

I bought Ping G710s from Golf Galaxy (same as Dick's) last year.  Because I already had the 7 iron, I customized the set to include 6-pw without the 7.  Since this was a "customized" set, even though I didn't do any customizing of the irons, it was still viewed as a customized order and it took a couple of months to get them.  They come directly from Ping. 

I have a G425 iron set on order to compare them with my 710s.  This time I selected a stock set to avoid a longer shipping delay.  I was told shipping Feb 4, which I hope is correct.

• Like 1