G425 delivery times

moadhia

On 7/15/2021 at 10:46 PM, myspinonit said:

I learned today on the interweb that the standard length of Ping clubs that come with Arccos is based on the quarter of an inch or so added on by the Arccos grips.   So changing grips to non-Arccos makes them that much shorter than standard.  I confirmed that with  Ping by phone today.  (So the 5 wood  and driver I bought off the rack recently and regripped with CP2's are 1/4  an inch shorter than standard...probably not a big deal with the woods, and maybe even a good thing with the driver.)

I've been waiting since Mar 8 fitting for G425 irons and Glide 3.0 wedges. ...Ping told the pro shop ten days ago that the shipping date would be in about three more weeks. But getting my preferred CP2 grips would extend that another three weeks. So I opted  to get the standard with Arccos and got some CP2's locally to get installed later.

But I don't want Ping irons any shorter than standard...my Miuras with 74g steelfiber are 1/2" longer (built longer years ago for SW) than the standard G425, and that will be enough of an adjustment without losing another 1/4".   So I've contacted  pro shop  ask Ping to make them 1/2" over standard (with Arccos) before shipping since I'll be replacing the Arccos ones on arrival. So they will just be 1/4" inch shorter than the ones I've been used to for years when I put on CP2 grips. Ping told me a call from the shop will take care of that.

I got standard TV 360 no arcos +1/2".  They are 1/4" longer the my old Pings(+1/2).  Grip is fairly solid to butt.  Arcos grip is rubbery for the last 1/2-5/8".  I don't and didn't want to know what the implications of that would be for those of us that the end of the club digs and leaves a callus in the pad of the hand.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Wellwerewaiting said:

I got standard TV 360 no arcos +1/2".  They are 1/4" longer the my old Pings(+1/2).  Grip is fairly solid to butt.  Arcos grip is rubbery for the last 1/2-5/8".  I don't and didn't want to know what the implications of that would be for those of us that the end of the club digs and leaves a callus in the pad of the hand.

Or for those of us who have basal arthritis in the thumb and the thumbpad area. I've been using cushioned but stable CP2's since they came out and VDR's before that.

On 7/15/2021 at 1:17 PM, Drawman said:

My G425 irons with Alta Distanza shafts will arrive 10 weeks after the order was placed.

I ordered G425 5-GW Alta Distanza senior flex and GP ZGrip cord grips on April 7. Learned today it will be another 5 weeks. 9-iron heads and shafts are back ordered. Hopefully will see them by the end of August. The Glide wedges and LST driver arrived after about 8 weeks. 

5 hours ago, rdr said:

I ordered G425 5-GW Alta Distanza senior flex and GP ZGrip cord grips on April 7. Learned today it will be another 5 weeks. 9-iron heads and shafts are back ordered. Hopefully will see them by the end of August. The Glide wedges and LST driver arrived after about 8 weeks. 

it's most likely your shafts are the hold up. Doesn't make a lot of sense that just the 9 iron head would be back ordered.

Ping G425 Max 9* Driver, 3W, 5W - Aldila Rogue White 130 shafts

Ping G425 3 Crossover Iron - Aldila Rogue Black 95TS shaft

Ping G425 4-PW, UW Green Dot, Power Spec, AWT 2.0 S shafts

Vokey 56 degree 14F Sand Wedge

Odyssey Stroke Labs Tuttle Mallet putter

9 hours ago, Chuck_IV said:

it's most likely your shafts are the hold up. Doesn't make a lot of sense that just the 9 iron head would be back ordered.

Depends on how many sets of heads they have available.  You could get an unequal number of heads available if some are tossed out due to quality control.  Sometimes you get heads that are not up to their standards (overall weight, flaws or breakage during bending) and that leads to shortages in some heads.

Ping G430 10K 10.5º Chrome 2.0 S (on order)

Ping G400 9º TFC 419 Stiff at 45" (soon to be mothballed)

Jazz 3 wd Powercoil Stiff
Rogue 3iron Recoil 660 F3 +1/2"
X2 Hot 4-AW Recoil 660 F3 +1/2"
Vokey SM4 56°, SM4 60°
Ping Sigma2 Valor at 34.75"
MCC Align Midsize

I apologize in advance as this is a vent post but my order history, written below, with Ping has me very angry and unsatisfied with Ping.

I placed my order for 4-SW with no Arccos grips of the 425 on April 27th through PGA Superstore with an estimated delivery date of 8-10 weeks which was around late May to early June... Mid may I got a call stating the grips, mid-size, were on back order; PGA called and said to not delay the order they would ask for standard grips to be shipped with the set but not put on the clubs and PGA would handle the grips when the clubs arrived; I agreed as to keep the order moving forward. I called in late May to PGA to ask about an updated on expected delivery; was told June 11th. The week of the 11th came and I called PGA to make sure everything was on track as I was planning on playing a round on the 12th. They contacted Ping and were told the order was delayed until JULY!!! As I had a vacation scheduled in late June on which I was going to be playing a round or two this really annoyed me. After getting back from vacation I contacted Ping, as PGA had given me the direct line to Ping's ordering, and was told the aftermarket shafts, elevate 95, were on back order; which perplexed me because back in May, they had all the parts to build my set! With only the vague timeline of "later this month" given I was now unsure about when I would get my clubs. I contacted PGA to see if they could help or get clarification of when I could be getting clubs... The PGA rep called Ping and was told that their would be a shipment of shafts on the 22nd of July and I would clubs in hand Aug. 1st. After all this waiting and considering I didn't choose to go with the Arccos grips as they were back ordered until July at the time of my order, I decided since I waited this long might as well see if I can get the Arccos as I have now waited as long as it would have been to get the upgraded grips in the first place. PGA called and was able to make the change however, over the weekend, the delivery of the shafts has now been pushed until July 27th and I won't get my clubs until THE SECOND WEEK IN AUGUST!

I am annoyed not just for the length of time it has taken to get my clubs but the lack of customer concern/service on behalf of Ping is ridiculous. I have been the making all the calls to get updates. I have not received on call or email stating my clubs were delayed which is pathetic. I get the 425 series is popular and COVID was a thing but i expected more from Ping. 

If you plan on ordering, I hope you have read the above annoyances I have gone through and don't need clubs anytime soon. 

If anyone knows a Ping rep or someone in the process that can help please send them my way, thanks and I hope you have better luck than I.

Chris

• Like 1

1 hour ago, chodd85 said:

I apologize in advance as this is a vent post but my order history, written below, with Ping has me very angry and unsatisfied with Ping.

I placed my order for 4-SW with no Arccos grips of the 425 on April 27th through PGA Superstore with an estimated delivery date of 8-10 weeks which was around late May to early June... Mid may I got a call stating the grips, mid-size, were on back order; PGA called and said to not delay the order they would ask for standard grips to be shipped with the set but not put on the clubs and PGA would handle the grips when the clubs arrived; I agreed as to keep the order moving forward. I called in late May to PGA to ask about an updated on expected delivery; was told June 11th. The week of the 11th came and I called PGA to make sure everything was on track as I was planning on playing a round on the 12th. They contacted Ping and were told the order was delayed until JULY!!! As I had a vacation scheduled in late June on which I was going to be playing a round or two this really annoyed me. After getting back from vacation I contacted Ping, as PGA had given me the direct line to Ping's ordering, and was told the aftermarket shafts, elevate 95, were on back order; which perplexed me because back in May, they had all the parts to build my set! With only the vague timeline of "later this month" given I was now unsure about when I would get my clubs. I contacted PGA to see if they could help or get clarification of when I could be getting clubs... The PGA rep called Ping and was told that their would be a shipment of shafts on the 22nd of July and I would clubs in hand Aug. 1st. After all this waiting and considering I didn't choose to go with the Arccos grips as they were back ordered until July at the time of my order, I decided since I waited this long might as well see if I can get the Arccos as I have now waited as long as it would have been to get the upgraded grips in the first place. PGA called and was able to make the change however, over the weekend, the delivery of the shafts has now been pushed until July 27th and I won't get my clubs until THE SECOND WEEK IN AUGUST!

I am annoyed not just for the length of time it has taken to get my clubs but the lack of customer concern/service on behalf of Ping is ridiculous. I have been the making all the calls to get updates. I have not received on call or email stating my clubs were delayed which is pathetic. I get the 425 series is popular and COVID was a thing but i expected more from Ping. 

If you plan on ordering, I hope you have read the above annoyances I have gone through and don't need clubs anytime soon. 

If anyone knows a Ping rep or someone in the process that can help please send them my way, thanks and I hope you have better luck than I.

Chris

Yeah, Ping seems to have been more adversely effected than other OEMs and I'm not really sure why.  They also generally have a third party as the face of the brand, so it doesn't shock me that their customer service is somewhat lacking. 

• Like 1

Ping G425 LST  10.5* -  Ping Tour 65x
TaylorMade R15 3W - Speeder Evolution S
Ping G425 2 Hybrid 17* - Ping Tour 85x
Mizuno 921F 4-GW - KBS C-Taper Lite X
Cleveland RTX 60
TaylorMade Spider - Counterweight 

I know Callaway is also having issues. I tried to order a set of the new DCBs back in March but was told it would be July - Sept due to the stock of certain true temper shafts (DG 105). I did order some Jaws MD5 wedges and the heads have been back ordered for 2 months. I am still waiting for my G425 Max fairway wood, been 2 month and counting now.

I hate it but I will wait, never hit any woods as good as I do my G425 Driver and 3 wood. 

Does make me mad when I pull my 4-iron and push it to the right and short, wanting that 7-wood.

On 7/21/2021 at 1:52 PM, chodd85 said:

Chris

I understand your pain as I waited over 9 weeks to get my G425 irons, however 8-10 weeks from April 27 would be approximately mid July not May or June.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, clfergus said:

I know Callaway is also having issues. I tried to order a set of the new DCBs back in March but was told it would be July - Sept due to the stock of certain true temper shafts (DG 105). I did order some Jaws MD5 wedges and the heads have been back ordered for 2 months. I am still waiting for my G425 Max fairway wood, been 2 month and counting now.

I hate it but I will wait, never hit any woods as good as I do my G425 Driver and 3 wood. 

Does make me mad when I pull my 4-iron and push it to the right and short, wanting that 7-wood.

I wonder if the DG105 will hold my order up even more now as that’s what I ordered in my G425 irons…..I hope not; but I’ll be worth the wait. And I don’t hate the irons I’m bagging now. 

Finally got shipment notification for a single 4i I ordered on 5/17.  Original ETA was 6/25. 

Red dot. Standard loft.

Standard length. ALTA regular flex. 

Arccos Golf Pride 360.

Funny thing is I contacted Dick's yesterday for an updated ETA. Customer service said assembly was nearly complete but couldn't give me an exact date, offering only expedited shipping. Later that evening I recieved an email from Dick's saying that Ping gave them an ETA of 8/8. Less than 24 hours later I get shipment notification. 

Edited by nevrdowhatheydo

On 7/19/2021 at 4:34 PM, muniman said:

I took my G400 Max in to DSG's today as instructed by the Ping Customer Service rep that I  spoke with. They are replacing my head ( cracked at the hosel ) with a G425 Max. They told the guy at Dick's that it would be 10 days. Perhaps they are getting supplies back in, or the representative on the phone was misinformed about delivery times. Guess I  will find out.

UPDATE...

After I was told that they were out of G400 Max heads by customer service, and then a different rep telling the salesman at DSG the same thing,  I  was told to expect a new G425 Max within 10 days. Took 5 days, and I received a brand new G400 Max driver.  So, my apologies to those who are waiting forever for their new stuff, and posting that I was supposed to get one in 10 days.

Either Ping's lead times are improving on the G425 irons or the shop that I ordered from performed some kind of voodoo as my lead time was minimal. I put in an order for my G425 irons on 7/24 and I picked up my irons today, so less than ten days between ordering the clubs and having them in my hands. The clubs are 5-LW, blue dot, DG 120s, so not exactly standard. Hopefully delivery times are starting to come down.

11 minutes ago, mkuether said:

Either Ping's lead times are improving on the G425 irons or the shop that I ordered from performed some kind of voodoo as my lead time was minimal. I put in an order for my G425 irons on 7/24 and I picked up my irons today, so less than ten days between ordering the clubs and having them in my hands. The clubs are 5-LW, blue dot, DG 120s, so not exactly standard. Hopefully delivery times are starting to come down.

So what’s crazy weird is i shot my fitter a text this morning and said I’m excited my irons will finally show up THIS month (ordered in early/mid June and @ order he said end of august) and his response was “hopefully…lead times have gotten worse”. 😬😬😬 

mine are red dots, standard length, with DG105’s 5-pw

fingers crossed for myself and everybody else out there who’s got stuff in order with Ping right now!

18 hours ago, mkuether said:

Very strange. Wondering if they actually ordered directly from Ping or obtained them from somewhere that happened to have them stocked. 

I ordered 6/2 and called this morning and the date that shows is 8/16 for me. He’s trying to find out what the hold up is. Absolutely ridiculous IMO.

5 minutes ago, Chuck_IV said:

Very strange. Wondering if they actually ordered directly from Ping or obtained them from somewhere that happened to have them stocked. 

I ordered 6/2 and called this morning and the date that shows is 8/16 for me. He’s trying to find out what the hold up is. Absolutely ridiculous IMO.

Everything indicates that they came from Ping directly, box with Ping Phoenix address, typical Ping club tag with specs and my name on it.

The surprising thing was that when I ordered the clubs ten days ago, the guy putting in my order indicated that he thought it would take at least two months. He asked me if I had flexibility on the grips, as apparently waiting for particular grips really slows down a lot of orders. I told him that I didn't really care as long as they were standard size, and the clubs I ordered ending up coming with the standard Arccos grips.

The place that I ordered from has a significant relationship with Ping I think (the guy who fitted me was fitter of the year a while back), and I think they do a fair amount of volume. The guy told me that he had some "dummy" orders in the system that they might be able to re-work to get my clubs sooner, and it appears that's exactly what happened given the minimal lead time. I don't know all the details, but I can't imagine they didn't game the system a bit to get the clubs so much sooner than everyone else. When I was picking up my clubs I saw several other boxes from Ping, so clearly I wasn't the only one getting clubs (although no idea how long others would have waited of course). My take is that during times like this with lots of constraints it pays to order from someone who really understands the system.

Ordered 4-lw on June 7th through Edwin watts.

Shipping est for SW/LW was Aug 18th.  Rest of set Mid late September..

FEDEX left my SW/LW on the porch on Saturday July 31st. (18 days before shipping date)

Called ping with my order number and guy said he was surprised those shipped early and that the rest of my set was being held up by the Nippon 4iron shaft.

I had to call the vendor to approve shipping 5-U and they said now those are on a new line to be built and shipped and the 4 is on another waiting for the shaft.

So to me it looks like things are somewhat speeding up.

The 4H with Tensei orange and regular Golfpride grips came today 2 weeks after the 3W with the same specs ordered on the same day. 

The irons I got earlier in the year took 5 weeks so I really don’t have any complaints. 

Ping G400 Max Ventus Blue TR

Ping G425 Tensi Orange 3W

Ping G30 5W Tensi Orange 5W

Ping G425 Hybrid Tensi Orange 4H

Ping G425 5-S Recoil 780 ES Smacwrap F4

Ping Glide LW

Bettinardi Studio 28cs

7 minutes ago, Negncic said:

I ordered a g425 max driver on 6/29 with a Tensei Orange X-flex. I was told that shaft was backordered. Club shipped out on Tuesday and will be here tomorrow.  Shipped out in less than 5 weeks. 

Yeah, I talked to ping CS this week about the max and they were quoting 6 weeks.  I had called a few weeks back and they said 8 weeks. So maybe its getting better. Sounds like GP grips are still a bottleneck tho, so avoided those.

• Like 1

Any updates? My buddy ordered his G425 irons on 7/7. He was told 6 weeks. Has now been told mid September 

Driver: Callaway Epic Max LS 9* Tensei 60TX
3 wood: Ping G425 14.5* Tour 75X
Hybrid: Ping G430 19* Kaili 85X
Utility: Srixon ZX 4-21.5* Project X LZ 6.5
Irons: Srixon ZX7 5-PW Project X LZ 6.5
Gap Wedge: Srixon ZX7 PW bent to 50*
Sand & Lob Wedges: Vokey SM8s - 54/12 D, 58/10 M
Putter: 2014 Scotty Cameron Fastback 20 gram weights

Ball: Titleist Pro VIx Left Dash

3 hours ago, kearneyhill said:

Any updates? My buddy ordered his G425 irons on 7/7. He was told 6 weeks. Has now been told mid September 

Ordered G425 Irons on June 2nd and I am STILL waiting. I just called(again) and was told the system showed the 16th, which was yesterday. That suypposedly is only the date when they were expected to have all the components available to simply MAKE my clubs. So still another couple weeks after that to get them.

It is absolutely ridiculous at this point. According to the place I ordered from, no other manufacturer is seeing these types of insane delays. Most are max 6 weeks or so, where as Ping has been at least DOUBLE that at 12 weeks.