G425 delivery times

moadhia

On 9/1/2021 at 11:16 AM, platgof said:

I just ordered G710 irons, so the waiting begins. It will be awhile as I ordered 1/2 long and power specs as well. Christmas??

Sir, you're just a glutton for punishment, eh?!?!  First a long wait for your short-lived G425s, now the 710s?!?!

Ping G400 Max 10.5*
Ping G425 5W 
Ping G425 19* 3H
Srixon ZX5 4-P 
Ping Glide 2.0 Stealth 50*, 54*, 58*
Scotty Cameron Super Select Newport 2+

The G425 were to me, no better than the G's that I have. The G710 on the other hand are a totally different animal. Don't believe the distance hype on the G 425 irons, but it is real on the G710. I will get it sooner than last time. Had a chance to hit the G425 driver, and I am impressed by it, long and straight. Next purchase, maybe. 

Bag is in overhaul mode

Clubs identify as hacker set

14 hours ago, platgof said:

The G425 were to me, no better than the G's that I have. The G710 on the other hand are a totally different animal. Don't believe the distance hype on the G 425 irons, but it is real on the G710. I will get it sooner than last time. Had a chance to hit the G425 driver, and I am impressed by it, long and straight. Next purchase, maybe. 

Irons are not just about distance, but hey, play what you like.  I personally could not hit the G700 irons, perhaps just too big for me. 

G425s are great, and glad I got my order in back in May in order to receive them in July.  Now, it seems Ping is into December for new orders.  I chatted with Callaway recently, and several Apex '21 irons in LH are backordered until after the New Year.  Their factory in Vietnam is shut down.  Things are getting worse with wait times, not better unfortunately.

• Like 1

Ping G430 Max 9* Driver, GD Tour AD VR-6 S

Callaway ‘23 Great Big Bertha 3 Wood, GD Tour AD VR-7 S

Callaway Paradym 18* Super Hybrid, Aerotech Steelfiber fc75 Hy f4

Callaway Paradym X 4 and 5 Hybrids, Project X HZRDUS Smoke Black 80 6.0

Mizuno JPX 923 HM Irons 6-GW, MMT 105 S

Taylormade Milled Grind 4 Wedges 54*/11 and 58*/11, MMT 105 TX (ss1x)

Odyssey O-Works #7CH Putter

Quote; I personally could not hit the G700 irons, perhaps just too big for me.   They are rather large and why so many went to the G710 as they look really good. Plus when i hit it it was long and solid. Nice turf interaction as well.

Edited by platgof
oops

Bag is in overhaul mode

I did very well with the G700 irons today. Shot 80, so they are pretty good I would say, as I beat my personal best on that course by one shot. Around the greens I used the A and S wedges. I use the 9 iron in other sets. but not this one. I hope I can with the G710?

Bag is in overhaul mode

Crazy that Ping is increasing the price of their product mid cycle. 

• Like 1

[u][b]2020 Bag[/b][/u]
Titleist TS3 9.5 [i]Fujikura Ventus Blue 6S[/i]
Titleist TS3 15 [i]/Aldila Rogue Silver 70S[/i]
Titleist TS2 19 [i]/Project X Evenflow White 90 6.0[/i]
Titleist T100 4-PW[i]/True Temper AMT Tour White S300[/i]
Titleist Vokey SM7 50F, 54M, 60M 
Evnroll 1.2 34"

On 8/21/2021 at 5:26 PM, xmanhockey7 said:

425 irons ordered 9 weeks ago. Was told 8-10 weeks. Now being told an additional 9-12 weeks. 

I’m waiting 8 for a 425Max driver. I had PGASS call Thursday to cancel and Ping refused. They said the shaft should be in on 2/9, and the club would ship within 2 days of that.

I got a chuckle hearing Ping is raising prices mid release. It’s going to put a squeeze on retailers, because on orders like mine that are backed up (that’s almost everyone) they’re going to take a hit, not the consumer. I’m betting the manager had no idea about the increase or he’d have fought harder to cancel my order.

Its funny, the only Ping club I’ve had in my bag the last 7 years or so was the 400 Max driver, yet in the last week I’ve bought a Kushion 4.0 putter, two Glide 3.0 wedges and I’m waiting on the 425 driver.

• Like 1

PING G425 Max 10.5* 

TAYLORMADE Stealth 3HL & 7W

TAYLORMADE  Stealth 22* & 25*

MIZUNO JPX 923 HM 6-AW 

PING Tour Issue Glide 4.0 Raw 54-12

PING Tour Issue Glide 4.0 Raw 58-10

SCOTTY CAMERON Phantom X 5.5

1 hour ago, john myrbch said:

I’m waiting 8 for a 425Max driver. I had PGASS call Thursday to cancel and Ping refused. They said the shaft should be in on 2/9, and the club would ship within 2 days of that.

I got a chuckle hearing Ping is raising prices mid release. It’s going to put a squeeze on retailers, because on orders like mine that are backed up (that’s almost everyone) they’re going to take a hit, not the consumer. I’m betting the manager had no idea about the increase or he’d have fought harder to cancel my order.

Its funny, the only Ping club I’ve had in my bag the last 7 years or so was the 400 Max driver, yet in the last week I’ve bought a Kushion 4.0 putter, two Glide 3.0 wedges and I’m waiting on the 425 driver.

Woods are moving much faster. Ping in some ways is a great company. In other ways I want to tell them to screw off. Callaway has by far been the best company to deal with in the last couple years. Titleist is also up there with Ping though. 

7 hours ago, xmanhockey7 said:

Woods are moving much faster. Ping in some ways is a great company. In other ways I want to tell them to screw off. Callaway has by far been the best company to deal with in the last couple years. Titleist is also up there with Ping though. 

I agree, and yet Ping and Titleist are the two OEMs with what I call a “cult following.” In a lot of golfers minds they can do no wrong. 
*shrug*

• Like 2

PING G425 Max 10.5* 

TAYLORMADE Stealth 3HL & 7W

TAYLORMADE  Stealth 22* & 25*

MIZUNO JPX 923 HM 6-AW 

PING Tour Issue Glide 4.0 Raw 54-12

PING Tour Issue Glide 4.0 Raw 58-10

SCOTTY CAMERON Phantom X 5.5

On 9/5/2021 at 11:37 AM, xmanhockey7 said:

To me, it looks like instead of allocating the materials to orders as they come in, Ping seem like they will pillage one order's materials, to finish off another order, even if that order came in after, with little regard for how much it will set back the first order they pillaged. This makes it so some are getting their order somewhat within reason, while others are left waiting significantly longer than they should.

Ping G425 Max 9* Driver, 3W, 5W - Aldila Rogue White 130 shafts

Ping G425 3 Crossover Iron - Aldila Rogue Black 95TS shaft

Ping G425 4-PW, UW Green Dot, Power Spec, AWT 2.0 S shafts

Vokey 56 degree 14F Sand Wedge

Odyssey Stroke Labs Tuttle Mallet putter

28 minutes ago, kthomas said:

Hit the G425's today at a golf resort, left my clubs at home. 

Wish I brought my Ping Raptures. Naturally I hit a draw, and the G425's seem to be really draw biased. I've never had to compensate so much for a right to left ball flight before this. 

I haven't found them to be draw biased. Were you able to get the same color code that you normally use?

1 minute ago, Jersey golfer said:

I haven't found them to be draw biased. Were you able to get the same color code that you normally use?

Exact same color code (black).

Perhaps I had a really bad swing day, which certainly could happen.  I've just never drew my raptures as much in the years I've owned them.

Edited by kthomas

8 minutes ago, Jersey golfer said:

Yeah, not draw biased in my experience.  I mean, are there really draw biased irons since those R7 Draw irons from years back?  I am the same lie angle in the G425s as previous Ping iron sets.  Amazing irons.

Ping G430 Max 9* Driver, GD Tour AD VR-6 S

Callaway ‘23 Great Big Bertha 3 Wood, GD Tour AD VR-7 S

Callaway Paradym 18* Super Hybrid, Aerotech Steelfiber fc75 Hy f4

Callaway Paradym X 4 and 5 Hybrids, Project X HZRDUS Smoke Black 80 6.0

Mizuno JPX 923 HM Irons 6-GW, MMT 105 S

Taylormade Milled Grind 4 Wedges 54*/11 and 58*/11, MMT 105 TX (ss1x)

Odyssey O-Works #7CH Putter

1 hour ago, TeddS said:

I ordered the G425 irons on 1 June 2021 and was told 6-8 weeks. Checked this past Friday and was told "hopefully in October."   Im in week 14 waiting for October.   Wish Ping and Golftec was more honest about delivery times at the time of sale.

They probably were, however there have been issues these past weeks that could not be anticipated.  COVID has shuttered factories and crippled supply chains worldwide.

It is the new reality and the prospect of rapid improvement is diminishing quickly.

On 9/3/2021 at 12:10 PM, jeffrey r said:

Irons are not just about distance, but hey, play what you like.  I personally could not hit the G700 irons, perhaps just too big for me. 

G425s are great, and glad I got my order in back in May in order to receive them in July.  Now, it seems Ping is into December for new orders.  I chatted with Callaway recently, and several Apex '21 irons in LH are backordered until after the New Year.  Their factory in Vietnam is shut down.  Things are getting worse with wait times, not better unfortunately.

Yeah, the G425's were (IMO) specifically about making the club a bit smaller and more svelte. Their distance is good but they aren't distance bombers. I had the G400 irons and when my local GG first got the G425 heads in, before they even were fitting people, I went out to my car, grabbed my G400 7 iron, brought it inside and was pretty shocked by how much shorter and more svelte the G425 was. I thought it'd be some teeny tiny amount that Ping would spin some marketing hype about it being 3% blah-blah-blah but just putting the clubs next to each other the G425 was very noticeably shorter heel to toe (and less offset). And G425's are known to give decent spin (some manufacturer's push spin really low but that doesn't improve scoring/playability IMO). 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, FlyingRev said:

They probably were, however there have been issues these past weeks that could not be anticipated.  COVID has shuttered factories and crippled supply chains worldwide.

It is the new reality and the prospect of rapid improvement is diminishing quickly.

I ordered a new PXG Gen 4 driver last week Wednesday (around 6 pm) and they built it and shipped it by Saturday.

I'm a Ping fanboy but that was impressive. 

1 hour ago, RacineBoxer said:

Yeah, the G425's were (IMO) specifically about making the club a bit smaller and more svelte. Their distance is good but they aren't distance bombers. I had the G400 irons and when my local GG first got the G425 heads in, before they even were fitting people, I went out to my car, grabbed my G400 7 iron, brought it inside and was pretty shocked by how much shorter and more svelte the G425 was. I thought it'd be some teeny tiny amount that Ping would spin some marketing hype about it being 3% blah-blah-blah but just putting the clubs next to each other the G425 was very noticeably shorter heel to toe (and less offset). And G425's are known to give decent spin (some manufacturer's push spin really low but that doesn't improve scoring/playability IMO). 

Interesting. I measure each 7i using a soft seamstress tape at my local shop. 

here’s what I came up with when measuring the g400, 410 and 425 7 iron heads. 

G400

Face 3 1/8” (from the bend in the heel out to the toe. 

Sole 1” (measured in the middle)

Toe height 2 1/8” 

G410

Face 3”

Sole 1” 

Toe 2”

G425

Face 3”

Sole 1”

Toe 2”

So while the 400 is an 1/8” longer blade wide and slightly taller toe, they measure out quite similarly. I think the 425 has a more chamfered topline which makes it looker smaller. 

Ping G430 Max 10.5 Tensei Orange AV Raw 55 Reg

Ping G430 SFT 5w 19* Alta Black Reg

Ping G430 SFT 7w 23* Alta Black Reg

Tour Edge Xrail 5h 26* Graphite Design G-Series Reg

Ping G425 6-UW Alta Slate Reg

Ping Glide 4.0 56* WS Nippon Z-115

Cleveland CBX Full Face 2 60* DG Spinner

Cleveland Smart Sole C 4.0 

Ping 2023 Anser D

Handicap: 8.2

21 hours ago, TeddS said:

I ordered the G425 irons on 1 June 2021 and was told 6-8 weeks. Checked this past Friday and was told "hopefully in October."   Im in week 14 waiting for October.   Wish Ping and Golftec was more honest about delivery times at the time of sale.

I ordered in June also, was told 8-10 weeks, checked last week and they told me October or November. Glad it’s not only me but was really looking forward to playing with them before next season.

I really can't believe that anyone still has an order in and hasn't cancelled.  Next year is just around the corner and on WRX, the G425 is already ancient history - without the price drop.

Ping G430 10K 10.5º Chrome 2.0 S (on order)

Ping G400 9º TFC 419 Stiff at 45" (soon to be mothballed)

Jazz 3 wd Powercoil Stiff
Rogue 3iron Recoil 660 F3 +1/2"
X2 Hot 4-AW Recoil 660 F3 +1/2"
Vokey SM4 56°, SM4 60°
Ping Sigma2 Valor at 34.75"
MCC Align Midsize

On 9/9/2021 at 6:56 AM, Socrates said:

I really can't believe that anyone still has an order in and hasn't cancelled.  Next year is just around the corner and on WRX, the G425 is already ancient history - without the price drop.

The crazy thing is Ping just raised prices on these irons by about 15% halfway through the product cycle.  If you still have an order in place from earlier in the summer you did buy the clubs at what is likely to be the future “discount” price.  Remaining Ping G410 steel shaft irons are now listed at the same price at retailers that the G425s were all summer. Might as well take delivery of the clubs whenever they do come in, at this point you could probably try them out and still resell them at cost or higher if you’ve got your eye on something newer.

1 hour ago, JimmyJoe8 said:

The crazy thing is Ping just raised prices on these irons by about 15% halfway through the product cycle.  If you still have an order in place from earlier in the summer you did buy the clubs at what is likely to be the future “discount” price.  Remaining Ping G410 steel shaft irons are now listed at the same price at retailers that the G425s were all summer. Might as well take delivery of the clubs whenever they do come in, at this point you could probably try them out and still resell them at cost or higher if you’ve got your eye on something newer.

Not here apparently (Vancouver) though being near the end of regular golf season, beginning of rainy season may have something to do with it.  A couple of G425 iron sets have sat on Craigslist for several weeks now at hundreds off original price  I sold mine last weekend also at a a large discount after being on there for a few days. Only reason they probably went then was the buyer wanted them with the Recoil shafts (he plays mixed brand sets with that shaft).

I ordered a G425 2 hybrid and they said 4-6 weeks. Got it in 10 days. 

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

Titleist TSR3 8* - Ventus Black TR 6X

Callaway Rogue ST LS 15* - Ventus Black TR 7X

Callaway UW 19* - Ventus Red 7X

Callaway X Forged UT 20* - LA Golf A 85X

Callaway Apex '21 5-PW - TT ETS 115 X

Titleist SM9 50* & 54* - DG S200

TaylorMade Hi Toe 60* - KBS Hi Rev 115 S

EVNROLL ER5B - Stability Tour Black

On 9/10/2021 at 2:07 PM, averysdad said:

It appears at this point it’s just iron heads and/or steel shafts being the hold up. Popped by fitters shop today to check on mine (June 14 order date) and still has no clue when. 

Seems to be steel shafts. As of a couple weeks ago, my order(June 1st) was being held up by the 4 and 7 iron shafts being on back order. Seems anything with graphite shafts are shipping fairly fast(for Ping). FYI, I am still waiting on my iron set.

• Sad 1

Ping G425 Max 9* Driver, 3W, 5W - Aldila Rogue White 130 shafts

Ping G425 3 Crossover Iron - Aldila Rogue Black 95TS shaft

Ping G425 4-PW, UW Green Dot, Power Spec, AWT 2.0 S shafts

Vokey 56 degree 14F Sand Wedge

Odyssey Stroke Labs Tuttle Mallet putter