G425 delivery times

moadhia

On 10/8/2021 at 8:46 PM, Anser3 said:

It's not just Ping.  Others are backed up as well. Part of the ping issue is they make clubs as they are ordered and don't have huge amounts of inventory lying around.

I ordered iblades that took less than a month to arrive with Dg X100 shafts (ordered 9/2  arrived 9/28)  I was originally told it would be  a 4 month wait (which I was fine with since I expected that).

To an extent, I think is IS Ping. 

I did an iron fitting last week, and the guy I work with, who LOVES Ping, wasn't even interested in me hitting any Pings because the minimum delivery time is well after the first of the year.  He said that a Ping plant overseas (Philippines?) has shut down, and thrown yet another wrench into Ping's situation.

The result for me is that in the next couple of weeks, I'll have Titleist irons after 30+ years of ONLY Ping irons.  I made a significant swing change two years ago, and I've waited as long as I could to do an iron fitting; would have loved to stay with Ping, but there is no end in sight for this.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, bluedot said:

To an extent, I think is IS Ping. 

I did an iron fitting last week, and the guy I work with, who LOVES Ping, wasn't even interested in me hitting any Pings because the minimum delivery time is well after the first of the year.  He said that a Ping plant overseas (Philippines?) has shut down, and thrown yet another wrench into Ping's situation.

The result for me is that in the next couple of weeks, I'll have Titleist irons after 30+ years of ONLY Ping irons.  I made a significant swing change two years ago, and I've waited as long as I could to do an iron fitting; would have loved to stay with Ping, but there is no end in sight for this.

Did you not care to wait for the Pings?  Obviously, it is your prerogative to purchase whatever clubs you want.  I understand the frustration.  Personally, I would wait for the Pings, but that is just me.  Which Titleist irons did you pick?  The T iron models look really nice. 

Edited by Anser3

3 hours ago, Anser3 said:

Did you not care to wait for the Pings?  Obviously, it is your prerogative to purchase whatever clubs you want.  I understand the frustration.  Personally, I would wait for the Pings, but that is just me.  Which Titleist irons did you pick?  The T iron models look really nice. 

By my sig you will see that I play Ping woods and hybrids (several generations of those besides the current holding).  Have a G425 7 wood on order now  (two months).

However....Figured I'd go almost all Ping bag (except putter) and did a fitting with a Ping rep in May.  In fairness to the fitting, I  my swing was off that day, but I still ordered G425 irons and Glide wedges with Recoils. Waited 2 1/2 months. After a month of struggles and third party fitter confirmation that they were not a fit, I sold them at a big loss. They were just too light to be playable for me, coming in at C9 or so.  I had no idea where the head was mostly.

Edited by myspinonit

11 hours ago, Anser3 said:

I got the T200s with the Tensei Blue shaft. 

I DID wait for the Pings!  I waited three months for a hybrid, two months for two wedges, and watched a buddy wait three months for a set of 425 irons.  I love Ping irons; I think I’ve had 9 sets since I started playing golf back in the days even before the Eye2.  I also admire the company for taking employee safety so seriously; there is just so much to like about Ping.

And if they come out with a better version of the i500 next year, with reasonable delivery windows, I’ll be back.  But as I said, my fitter doesn’t even want to fit Pings right now b/c a three or four (or more!) delivery window is prohibitive.

11 hours ago, myspinonit said:

By my sig you will see that I play Ping woods and hybrids (several generations of those besides the current holding).  Have a G425 7 wood on order now  (two months).

However....Figured I'd go almost all Ping bag (except putter) and did a fitting with a Ping rep in May.  In fairness to the fitting, I  my swing was off that day, but I still ordered G425 irons and Glide wedges with Recoils. Waited 2 1/2 months. After a month of struggles and third party fitter confirmation that they were not a fit, I sold them at a big loss. They were just too light to be playable for me, coming in at C9 or so.  I had no idea where the head was mostly.

I'm curious as to how long a window there is on Ping repairs right now.  Did you get the Glide 3 wedges?  I love those things.  I was using a  Ping Eye 2 XG sand wedge but I think I may bump it for my Glide 3.0 Eye 2 56 degree wedge.   I am currently bagging a  glide (original) 52 degree and a Glide 3.0 Eye 2 60 degree.  The 60 degree has been my go-to for chipping close to the green.

55 minutes ago, Anser3 said:

I'm curious as to how long a window there is on Ping repairs right now.  Did you get the Glide 3 wedges?  I love those things.  I was using a  Ping Eye 2 XG sand wedge but I think I may bump it for my Glide 3.0 Eye 2 56 degree wedge.   I am currently bagging a  glide (original) 52 degree and a Glide 3.0 Eye 2 60 degree.  The 60 degree has been my go-to for chipping close to the green.

Yes I got the Glides too, 54 bent to 53 and 58,  and they had great spin. But  with Recoils they also were way too light in static weight feel and certainly SW  transition from my Miuras. Even with just 74g Steelfiber in the Miuras, and to my Vokey gap and Miura PW with 74g and 85g Steelfiber,  that both are D5.  Back to Vokey SM4 wedges (I like the narrower soles too) and I have spare great condition SM4 heads and SM6.

I ordered all the Ping clubs 1/2 inch long  so they would play 1/4 inch long after I regripped with non-Arccos  grips. Didn't realize the Glides didn't have Arccos, so they were 1/2 inch long. I decided to cut them to stock as the extra length was noticeable on choked down shots. In retrospect they might have been worth hanging onto as the SW was a bit more realistic. I even phoned Ping directly and they had no option to bringing the weight up sufficiently.

Edited by myspinonit

• 2 weeks later...

Ordered G425 irons late May, checked on status yesterday and was told November - January.  As per Ping, they're providing a large ETA window because they honestly just don't know.  I'm not going to beat a dead horse, just passing on what I was told.  Honestly doesn't even bother me anymore: season is winding down here in Nebraska and my current irons are treating me well.  

Ping G400 Max 10.5*
Ping G425 5W 
Ping G425 19* 3H
Srixon ZX5 4-P 
Ping Glide 2.0 Stealth 50*, 54*, 58*
Scotty Cameron Super Select Newport 2+

Ordered irons on August 6th.  Called a month ago to get an update and they told me December.  Called today to get an update and they told me January.  I assume they meant January 2022, as I forgot to ask the year, but who knows at this point.

• Haha 1

Ping G430 LST 10.5* Tour Black 2.0 65X

Titleist TSr2+ 13* Diamana D+ Limited 80X

Titleist TSr2 16.5* Diamana D+ Limited 80X
Titleist TSi2 21* Speeder HB 8.8 TS
Ping G430 5-UW Steelfiber i80S
Ping Glide 2.0 SS 54* Steelfiber i80S

Cleveland CBX 2 60* DG 115
Scottie Super Select Squareback 2

Titleist AVX/Bridgestone BRX

I finally gave up on the 425Max driver I ordered on 7/5. The latest update was “back ordered until 11/15”. Enough was enough, I’m sorry, but PING has just been a complete mess through admittedly hard times.
Total lack of transparency (I want to say honesty, but I won’t) on their part through the entire process. I was told 3 different times the shaft would be in stock and the club built and shipped within 2 weeks!

I went with an Epic Max (got it within 10 days) and I love it. It’s my first non Ping driver in maybe 20 years. I’ve always been a Ping loyalist, but I think I’m done. 

I’d have bought either the G410 or 425 irons and hybrids this year, but I went PXG and Titleist instead. I also traded in a pair of Glide 3.0 wedges for Vokeys.

Between this driver fiasco and their recent price increases on both the current 425 and prior 410 (wtf) lines, I think they’ve lost me.

Edited by john myrbch

PING G425 Max 10.5* 

TAYLORMADE Stealth 3HL & 7W

TAYLORMADE  Stealth 22* & 25*

MIZUNO JPX 923 HM 6-AW 

PING Tour Issue Glide 4.0 Raw 54-12

PING Tour Issue Glide 4.0 Raw 58-10

SCOTTY CAMERON Phantom X 5.5

On 9/14/2021 at 11:19 AM, Chuck_IV said:

Yea, well I am done with Ping. Now they are saying NOVEMBER(so 5+ MONTHS!!!!!). I am probably going to cancel and most likely just wait till next season and order something OTHER THAN Ping. This is absolutely ridiculous and completely unacceptable at this point. No other manufacturer is having these type insane delays(mentioned earlier my neighbor ordered a set of custom Maveriks in July and got them in just 6 or so weeks).

This, 100% ^^^^
Just saw this after just posting a similar rant.

PING G425 Max 10.5* 

MIZUNO JPX 923 HM 6-AW 

On 10/11/2021 at 8:49 AM, bluedot said:

I got the T200s with the Tensei Blue shaft. 

I DID wait for the Pings!  I waited three months for a hybrid, two months for two wedges, and watched a buddy wait three months for a set of 425 irons.  I love Ping irons; I think I’ve had 9 sets since I started playing golf back in the days even before the Eye2.  I also admire the company for taking employee safety so seriously; there is just so much to like about Ping.

And if they come out with a better version of the i500 next year, with reasonable delivery windows, I’ll be back.  But as I said, my fitter doesn’t even want to fit Pings right now b/c a three or four (or more!) delivery window is prohibitive.

I wanted the G425 irons also, but after how my driver order was going, I went with PXG instead. I got them within 2 weeks, and they’re terrific.

PING G425 Max 10.5* 

MIZUNO JPX 923 HM 6-AW 

Hi All,

Update here from the UK.

Placed my order on the 09/27 (for my US friends) for Driver & 5i-SW (Ping Orange Dot, Stiff AWT Steel)

Got a call on 10/26 to say my Driver had arrived (G425 Max, 60G Stiff Tensei Orange shaft) which went and picked up straight away.

No update on Irons still, the manager from the american golf branch in Coventry has emailed their Ping rep for an update, not expecting irons much before March next year (was quoted Jan when I ordered) 

Atleast I can practice my driver over the winter months and hopefully get that tuned in ready for the better weather. Driver hits a dream so far, and a huge improvement on my current Cobra Amp Driver from around 2009/10~

Best,

Miles 

I ordered a G425 Max driver (LH, 10.5*, Ping Tour 173-65 shaft) in-store at the PGA Tour Superstore on Monday 10/18.  Expected ship date was late November.  Two days later I got an order update email moving the ship date to mid-December.  The next day the driver shipped and I received it today.  😀

Titleist TSR2 11*, Oban Devotion 6S

Titleist TSR2 16.5*, GD Tour AD BB 7S

Titleist TSR2 21*, Fujikura Speeder Pro TS 84

Titleist TS2 25*, GD Tour AD HY 95S
Titleist T100S, 6-GW, Recoil 110 F4

Miura 52.06, 56.10, 60.09, Recoil Proto 125 F4

Ping PLD Custom Anser 4, 34"/355g

23 minutes ago, averysdad said:

I’ve posted here several times regarding my 6-14-21 order of g425 irons….talked to my fitter this am and although it’s still anybody’s guess truly, he does feel optimistic about me getting them in December. Fingers crossed….

I assume a shaft or grip issue?  Because no way they haven't had heads to build a set for a June order.  LH in my case, but my May order was built and shipped in July.  My August i210 order shipped in September.  What is your hold-up?

Ping G430 Max 9* Driver, GD Tour AD VR-6 S

Callaway ‘23 Great Big Bertha 3 Wood, GD Tour AD VR-7 S

Callaway Paradym 18* Super Hybrid, Aerotech Steelfiber fc75 Hy f4

Callaway Paradym X 4 and 5 Hybrids, Project X HZRDUS Smoke Black 80 6.0

Mizuno JPX 923 HM Irons 6-GW, MMT 105 S

Taylormade Milled Grind 4 Wedges 54*/11 and 58*/11, MMT 105 TX (ss1x)

Odyssey O-Works #7CH Putter

47 minutes ago, jeffrey r said:

I assume a shaft or grip issue?  Because no way they haven't had heads to build a set for a June order.  LH in my case, but my May order was built and shipped in July.  My August i210 order shipped in September.  What is your hold-up?

Ordered red dots with DG 105’s. Not sure honestly if my fitter placed the order with my grip of choice (GP +4’s in blue) or If he planned to do in house when they came in. Not really sure what the hold up is as I’m ok with my current set of irons so I haven’t asked too many questions. They’ll get here at some point I guess.

On 10/29/2021 at 2:34 PM, jeffrey r said:

It could easily be a club head issue because of the way Ping handles orders(my shop was mentioning this is why they get so frustrated with Ping). Ping seems to not HOLD allocate pieces to an order if a part is on back order. They routinely pillage parts from one order that has a part back ordered, to fill another newer order. Then when that part that was on back order, becomes available on the original order, the parts they pillaged may now be on back order too. So that order just sits. This is why orders like mine and many others go 5(and counting) months and not get filled, while other orders get filled relatively quickly. This is exacerbated with so many parts being on back order, due to the pandemic,

Edited by Chuck_IV

Ping G425 Max 9* Driver, 3W, 5W - Aldila Rogue White 130 shafts

Ping G425 3 Crossover Iron - Aldila Rogue Black 95TS shaft

Ping G425 4-PW, UW Green Dot, Power Spec, AWT 2.0 S shafts

Vokey 56 degree 14F Sand Wedge

Odyssey Stroke Labs Tuttle Mallet putter

I was updated last week by my fitter the G425’s ordered 7/23/21 “should” ship mid November to mid December. Delay reason being “waiting on heads”.  That’s a bit different than 6 to 8 weeks when I ordered.

Oh well, seasons done here anyway. Might get in one more round, maybe two but it’ll be with the Eye 2’s.

Ping is all I’ve ever played so I’ll wait it out.

Edited by Motoboss

PING G425 4-UW/SW/Black Dot +1” Alta CB RFlex/ChipR

PING G410 Plus DRIVER 10.5*/3W 14*/3hyb.19*/5W 17.5/9W 22*

PING Putter Custom PLD Anser 4J Proto / Odyssey TriHot #3

VICE Pro Soft Lime Green / Bridgestone Rx-TreoSoft

A friend of mine ordered a LH set of i59's with Recoil 110's last Tuesday.  He received them on Saturday.  Maybe they have a separate production facility just for lefty i59's 😂

Tour Edge c721/HZRDUS Smoke Red RDX

Cleveland Launcher XL Halo 3 wood/UST Elements MK
Ping g410 4h Tensei blue, Ping g425 6h Tensei orange

Maltby TS3 6-Gap w/Nippon N.S. Pro 1050GH

SnakeEyes 685BX 52*/Callaway Jaws Raw 58Z

TP Mills Sycamore Hakd Made, flow neck pencil shaft, 342 grams, Grip Master Roo FL27

Carbon Ringo wide-flange, slant neck, 330 grams

6 minutes ago, sm_watts said:

A friend of mine ordered a LH set of i59's with Recoil 110's last Tuesday.  He received them on Saturday.  Maybe they have a separate production facility just for lefty i59's 😂

That's the super secret top combo,  that gets to the production line 1st, when ordered🥸

• Haha 1

9 Clubs Sunday Bag

UST Mamiya - Lamkin - RXS 

https://forums.golfwrx.com/topic/1840618-witb-731-full-bag/

I went to my local golf shop yesterday and they had 5 different G425 drivers (left handed) in stock and probably 12-15 right handed ones.  After trying out a few combinations as well as some left handed Callaway's Epic models they had in stock I traded my Sim 2 and got to go home with a G425 Max the same day (that does not happen often even when there are not supply shortages).  

In Canada. Ordered G425 7 wood Aug 9 (all stock) from a local shop after phoning Ping Canada to confirm they had 7 wood heads in stock. The store followed up for me last week. Ping says "January or February" for delivery.  Since it's going to be that long, and golf season for me is effectively done, any rush for me is over.  I asked the store to now amend the order to add a 1/4". That way when I replace the Arccos grip on delivery it will play to the stock 42".

Edited by myspinonit

• 2 weeks later...

Ordered my G425 irons July 25, 2021.  Was told 6 week delivery. After 6 weeks received delivery date of October 8.  Mid October asked Ping and told mid November to end of February.  Last week PGA Superstore told me the factory in Vietnam has reopened and products dribbling out at slow rate.  Checked with Ping and they said had my shafts waiting for club heads to assemble.  Latest estimate--one week to end of January.

• Like 1

Man! This thread is depressing! I love Ping but the story's here are amazing. You guys that are patient enough to wait 4-6 months for irons are a better man than I am.

• Like 1

Ping G430 Max 10.5

Ping G430 5&7 Wood

Ping G430 19°,22° Hybrids

PXG Gen 6 XP's 7-SW

Ping Glide 58ES Wedge

Ping PLD DS72 

If a person gets mad at you for telling the truth, they're living a lie.

Hey I’m happy to see some sort of movement, maybe my July order might show up by February!

PING G425 4-UW/SW/Black Dot +1” Alta CB RFlex/ChipR

PING G410 Plus DRIVER 10.5*/3W 14*/3hyb.19*/5W 17.5/9W 22*

PING Putter Custom PLD Anser 4J Proto / Odyssey TriHot #3

VICE Pro Soft Lime Green / Bridgestone Rx-TreoSoft

After ordering in late May, G425 irons arrived today. Unseasonable Nebraska temps in the 60s - 70s this week will have me on the course with these, so pleasant surprises all around, I guess.  

Ping G400 Max 10.5*
Ping G425 5W 
Ping G425 19* 3H
Srixon ZX5 4-P 
Ping Glide 2.0 Stealth 50*, 54*, 58*
Scotty Cameron Super Select Newport 2+