G425 delivery times

Ping is not the only one having fulfillment problems.  Most OEM's are struggling.  At a local private course, Cobra cancelled their entire order because they won't be able to fill it before mid-summer.  There also is a huge shortage of rubber grips - worldwide.  Locally, if you find something remotely close to what you want in a shop, you better buy it, because if you special order it, you might see it by winter.

I have confirmation that Ping lost at least one container in February.  To make matters worse, the cargo ship was re-routed to Japan to be inspected and all remaining containers were delayed by weeks.  Add covid problems with regards to staffing and you have a serious delay in production.  My Ping rep told me that if I were to order a G425 driver, it would be at least 6 weeks and more if I wanted a shaft that wasn't in stock.

Ping G400 9º TFC 419 Stiff at 45"

Jazz 3 wd Powercoil Stiff
Ping i20 3 Hyb 707H Stiff
TM R7 TP 3i Recoil 660 F3 +1/2"
X2 Hot 4_-PW Recoil 660 F3 +1/2"
Vokey SM2 52º cc, Ping ES 56º and ES 60º
Ping Sigma2 Valor at 34.75"
MCC Align Midsize

• Replies 278
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

What exactly did you want Ping to do?  They can't just magically produce two Rogue White 80X shafts out of thin air for you.   If you insist that the Rogue White 80X shaft is the only shaft

Some precious came in yesterday!  Less then 4 weeks for all.  

It sucks sometimes when shipping containers unexpectedly fall to the bottom of the ocean during a worldwide pandemic.

Posted Images

3 hours ago, Socrates said:

Ping is not the only one having fulfillment problems.  Most OEM's are struggling.  At a local private course, Cobra cancelled their entire order because they won't be able to fill it before mid-summer.  There also is a huge shortage of rubber grips - worldwide.  Locally, if you find something remotely close to what you want in a shop, you better buy it, because if you special order it, you might see it by winter.

I have confirmation that Ping lost at least one container in February.  To make matters worse, the cargo ship was re-routed to Japan to be inspected and all remaining containers were delayed by weeks.  Add covid problems with regards to staffing and you have a serious delay in production.  My Ping rep told me that if I were to order a G425 driver, it would be at least 6 weeks and more if I wanted a shaft that wasn't in stock.

That is what I did just in case. I want GP Tour Velvet midsize +4 on my irons. I told me shop that if they can’t get those to throw anything in the box and we can use the extra I bought off the shelf at Golf Galaxy because they had them in stock.

Just got word my G425 irons I ordered on 3/23 are “In production” and will be shipped next week. Original estimated date was 4/21 so they’re pretty close. 

The irons are red dot with UST Recoil shafts. I heard upgraded grips have caused delays so I went with GolfPride 360. 

• Like 1

Ping G410 Tour AD DI6S

Ping G30 3W

Ping G30 5W

Ben Hogan VKTR Hybrid

Ping G425 5-SW, UST Recoil ES F4S

Ping Glide LW

Bettinardi Studio 28cs

16 minutes ago, RSinSG said:

Just got word my G425 irons I ordered on 3/23 are “In production” and will be shipped next week. Original estimated date was 4/21 so they’re pretty close. 

The irons are red dot with UST Recoil shafts. I heard upgraded grips have caused delays so I went with GolfPride 360. 

I hope that bodes well for my order as well too since we had almost identical order dates and quoted time frames.

Just now, gmiller598 said:

I hope that bodes well for my order as well too since we had almost identical order dates and quoted time frames.

I'll let you know when they arrive.

Ping G410 Tour AD DI6S

Ping G30 3W

Ping G30 5W

Ben Hogan VKTR Hybrid

Ping Glide LW

Bettinardi Studio 28cs

6 minutes ago, Hollywoodtlb said:

Anyone order a 425 driver recently with Tour 65 shaft? Curious to see what the lead time on them are now.

I ordered a LH G425 LST with the Tour65 X on March 23 . Spoke to the retailer last week and they said 4-5 weeks from order date is the current lead time from Ping for the Tour65 shaft. Was told my club should ship end of this week or early next. Fingers crossed

• Like 1
On 4/19/2021 at 7:54 PM, NicJD said:

Ordered full 425s iron set, Green dot, Powerspec,  on March 13th. Was told 4-6 weeks, we are in the 6th week with no set ship date. Was told by Ping rep today, they are pumping out 13 thousand clubs a day (could be full

of s***) and mine are set to ship end of April....hopefully, fingers crossed.

Received the call today. My irons are here. 6 weeks 2days. Good luck all

It really is amazing to see all the threads about this topic.  I wonder how this is going to play out in terms of overall sales for the golf companies.  We all (including me)tend to be "want it now" when we order something.  I guess we have grown spoiled over the years with relatively fast lead times.  I am betting there is a percentage of people who will not order something simply because of the wait times.

Thoughts?

3 hours ago, ZAP said:

It really is amazing to see all the threads about this topic.  I wonder how this is going to play out in terms of overall sales for the golf companies.  We all (including me)tend to be "want it now" when we order something.  I guess we have grown spoiled over the years with relatively fast lead times.  I am betting there is a percentage of people who will not order something simply because of the wait times.

Thoughts?

The 425’s I ordered on 3/28 are arriving tomorrow so one month. I knew there would be a wait and it wasn’t a factor in my decision. That delay is nothing compared to the backlog for ammunition. Worse than 2020 toilet paper. 

Edited by RSinSG

Ping G410 Tour AD DI6S

Ping G30 3W

Ping G30 5W

Ben Hogan VKTR Hybrid

Ping Glide LW

Bettinardi Studio 28cs

4 hours ago, ZAP said:

Thoughts?

This brings the philosophical question.

If you aren't willing to wait for it, how committed are you to buying it in the first place?

• Like 1
On 4/24/2021 at 8:00 PM, gmiller598 said:

Mine were on my doorstep after I got back from playing today. 5 weeks which wasn't too bad. The Glide wedge was with the irons and it was estimated to be another week. 

I thought it would be a good idea to test them out after walking 18 and hit the range. As it was almost 90 today it may have not been one of my best ideas. Anyways, they are really nice. Probably the same length as my G400's but maybe a little straighter. I had Steelfiber shafts on the G400's so i'm guessing its just going to take me a little time to get used to these. I'm interested to see if there is any improvement once I get some games recored in my ShotScope stats.

• Like 1

Ping G410 Tour AD DI6S

Ping G30 3W

Ping G30 5W

Ben Hogan VKTR Hybrid

Ping Glide LW

Bettinardi Studio 28cs

4 hours ago, RSinSG said:

Mine were on my doorstep after I got back from playing today. 5 weeks which wasn't too bad. The Glide wedge was with the irons and it was estimated to be another week. 

I thought it would be a good idea to test them out after walking 18 and hit the range. As it was almost 90 today it may have not been one of my best ideas. Anyways, they are really nice. Probably the same length as my G400's but maybe a little straighter. I had Steelfiber shafts on the G400's so i'm guessing its just going to take me a little time to get used to these. I'm interested to see if there is any improvement once I get some games recored in my ShotScope stats.

Excellent. I still haven't heard anything on mine. They were being delivered to the shop I bought through so they will call me when they arrive. I'm hoping to hear from them any day now after they quoted sometime in the next week.

I'm still waiting on my irons from March 2! How can Ping launch a new line and don't have the supplies or manning to provide the orders they are happily taken money for? If I only knew it would take this long (going on 3 months) I would had never place an order! Don't buy Ping products until they get their .... together!

1 hour ago, Raphael G said:

I'm still waiting on my irons from March 2! How can Ping launch a new line and don't have the supplies or manning to provide the orders they are happily taken money for? If I only knew it would take this long (going on 3 months) I would had never place an order! Don't buy Ping products until they get their .... together!

It sucks sometimes when shipping containers unexpectedly fall to the bottom of the ocean during a worldwide pandemic.

• Like 3

I’ve been following this and hope that all that are waiting get deliveries soon. I’m lucky, I pre ordered the first few days and got delivery on Driver, fairway, hybrid and 5-pw about a week after release. I am a black dot with standard lie and length and the CB Alta shafts and the 2.0 AWT have worked well for me in the past. So far, so good. I hope you will all be pleased, I will say the fairway and hybrid are probably the best I’ve gamed in my experience. 

3 hours ago, Raphael G said:

Then clearly you don't understand the problems that are going on in the world and the repercussions it has in every industry.  Worldwide shortages in almost every industry. 

• Like 2

MCC Align Midsize

On 5/1/2021 at 4:42 PM, Raphael G said:

That’s a little harsh there, chief. Literally every manufacturer has a supply and demand problem. We are in a pandemic after all and the popularity of golf is at a long time high. Take a deep breath and go slice some balls into the woods like the rest of us and enjoy the game we all love. 

2008  Burner: Soon to be G425 LST 10.5 w/ Ping Tour 65 X-stiff

G425 2 hybrid - Ping tour 85x

Mizuno 921 forged w/kbs c taper lite x-stiff (4-GW)

random wedges

TM Spyder

On 4/28/2021 at 2:03 PM, Hollywoodtlb said:

Anyone order a 425 driver recently with Tour 65 shaft? Curious to see what the lead time on them are now.

Yes. Ordered Feb. 22. Still nothing. 😠

Ping G425 Max 1w Ventus Blue

Ping G425 LST 3w Ventus Blue

Mizuno Hmb 2i 4i Ventus Blue

Mizuno MP20 5i-Pi Modus 120

Mizuno T20 50 54 58 DG S400

L.A.B. DF 2.1 || Titleist Pro V1

27 minutes ago, uglande said:

Yes. Ordered Feb. 22. Still nothing. 😠

Current lead time on a "stock" G425 driver is at least 50 days.  Way worse if you ordered a shaft they don't have.

• Like 1

MCC Align Midsize

On 5/3/2021 at 4:39 PM, Socrates said:

Current lead time on a "stock" G425 driver is at least 50 days.  Way worse if you ordered a shaft they don't have.

Is this info available anywhere online and how do we know what shafts they have available?

2008  Burner: Soon to be G425 LST 10.5 w/ Ping Tour 65 X-stiff

G425 2 hybrid - Ping tour 85x

Mizuno 921 forged w/kbs c taper lite x-stiff (4-GW)

random wedges

TM Spyder

On 5/1/2021 at 3:42 PM, Raphael G said:

I waited about 10 weeks for a set of Srixon irons and whined and moaned through most of it.  I ordered a Ping driver after a fitting on 4/8 at my club...guess I must look for reasons to whine and moan :-).  I am not even going to ask about my driver as my frustration with Srixon communication was adequate for the whole industry.  It really helps that I am playing well and the rain is at the top of my current list of what I can be annoyed about.  If it were not raining so much then I would still have the standard too busy at work to play much anyway.  I guess in the end life is pretty amazing if all I have to complain about is waiting on a golf club as it rains while I am at the great job I am fortunate to have!

• Like 1

Callaway Epic Max with Tensei Blue Raw

TM Sim Max 5 wood with Ventus Blue

TM Sim Max 3 hybrid with Ventus Blue

TM M6 5 hybrid with Hzrdus 

Srixon ZX5 5i&6i with Recoil 95 F4

Srixon ZX7 7i- PW with Recoil 95 F4

52 and 56 degree Ping Forged with Recoil 110 F4

60 Glide 2 with SF 110

Ping Prime Tyne or Spider Tour Black

3 hours ago, Hollywoodtlb said:

Is this info available anywhere online and how do we know what shafts they have available?

It is only available if you have a Ping account.  The Ping account will also be able to look at any product they have placed an order for and see the expected production date.  As with anything, you can expect changes to any timeline right now.  

MCC Align Midsize

On 5/4/2021 at 7:09 PM, rxk9fan said:

I waited about 10 weeks for a set of Srixon irons and whined and moaned through most of it.  I ordered a Ping driver after a fitting on 4/8 at my club...guess I must look for reasons to whine and moan :-).  I am not even going to ask about my driver as my frustration with Srixon communication was adequate for the whole industry.  It really helps that I am playing well and the rain is at the top of my current list of what I can be annoyed about.  If it were not raining so much then I would still have the standard too busy at work to play much anyway.  I guess in the end life is pretty amazing if all I have to complain about is waiting on a golf club as it rains while I am at the great job I am fortunate to have!

Went to have dinner at the club this evening and the driver was there.  So from April 8th to May 5th.  

FWIW, it was a stock shaft.  The day of the fitting like many days over the last 6 months I was spraying it in every direction off of the tee.  The very nice Ping rep. kept giving me shafts and I would try to ignore what they were and just swing.  No matter what the combination was I would hit a few down the middle, then some left and some right.  Obviously my swing was everywhere trying to get something to work.  FINALLY he handed me one and as soon as I picked it up I said it felt short.  I proceeded with it and was consistent down the pipe with a little less SS, but great contact.  It was the stock Alta stiff 1.5 inches less than stock.  Hope this one can take it to the course.  Iron play and putting has been excellent.  Driver has set the tone for my scoring.  

Callaway Epic Max with Tensei Blue Raw

TM Sim Max 5 wood with Ventus Blue

TM Sim Max 3 hybrid with Ventus Blue

TM M6 5 hybrid with Hzrdus 

Srixon ZX5 5i&6i with Recoil 95 F4

Srixon ZX7 7i- PW with Recoil 95 F4

52 and 56 degree Ping Forged with Recoil 110 F4

60 Glide 2 with SF 110

Ping Prime Tyne or Spider Tour Black

Posted (edited)

Hope y’all get your orders in soon. Took mine 5 weeks. Despite getting custom fit, I couldn’t  hit it, was patient, got a lesson, and now I’m hitting fairways! My index WAS 18.9. Exceptional score two days ago. 

Tensei Orange 55 stiff 10.5 all regular settings

Loving the Arccos too! Gonna pay after the 90 day trial ends. Frustrating in beginning but now helpful!

96C65EA2-E632-417E-969F-A588A8594DAA.jpeg

Edited by daddyg70

Titleist 915 D2 10.5
Titleist '14 VG3 17*
Miura HB3 20*
Miura PP-9003 4-PW
Miura 51Y 56K
Scotty Cameron GoLo
WITB Link

Finally received my set yesterday, ordered on 3/23 so 6 weeks. Was originally quoted 4 weeks

3H AltaCB70 stiff, 4-UW blue dot with Nippon pro Modus 105 Stiff, 54-58 Glide wedges same shafts. Standard arccos grips

Reading the thread I didn't expect anything before 6 weeks so I was plesantly surprised when the shop called me, season has just begun a month ago where I live so plenty of time left to game them! From what I can gather, if you want to order a set and receive them in a reasonable time, go with stock grips and shafts (Tensei AV orange seems to be back ordered according to other posters)