• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

We are gonna need pics of GF to call this one.

Gotta say man, it’s pretty pathetic to go as far as leave your car abandoned on the side of the road and walking home just to lie about a flat tire so you can play 9 more holes. That’s not dedica

I'm a little bit going to buck the trend here.   You had plans with your girlfriend. You knew that playing another 9 would make you late. You did it anyways. Then you concocted an elaborate

Posted Images

I guess I’m super fortunate. My wife loves to golf. She loves seeing me get out and golf with my buddies. I love seeing her out and golf with her gals pals. And we love playing golf together. It’s some of the best time we spend together. 

• Like 2

Callaway Epic Speed TD 10.5° driver Tensei Pro White 50S

Callaway Epic Flash 15° fairway wood Tensei Pro Blue 60S

Callaway Epic Flash 18° hybrid Tensei Pro Blue Hybrid 70S

Callaway Epic Flash 21° hybrid Tensei Pro Blue Hybrid 80S

Mizuno JPX 921 Forged 4-PW & GW Modus3 Tour 120S 

Mizuno T20 Wedge 50-07 Modus3 Tour 120S 

Mizuno T20 Wedges 55-13 and 60-06 Modus3 125 Wedge

Scotty Cameron Phantom X 5.5 

Scotty Cameron Special Select Newport

Titleist Pro V1

My wife used to love golf until she played with me. Now she is willing to go watch, but she won't play with me anymore. But she has no issues letting me play.

• Like 1

Taylormade M3 driver Mitsubishi Kuro Kage TiNi 70G shaft (cut to 44.5")

Taylormade M1 5 wood

Taylormade GAPR Lo 19* Hybrid 

Taylormade GAPR Mid 21* Hybrid

KZG Forged Blade 4, 5, 7-PW

Mizuno MP-68 6 iron

Mitsubishi Kuro Kage 80g iron shafts

Lazrus 52/8 and 56/12 wedges

Nike Blue Chip 002 putter

Golf Pride Concept Helix grips

Fiancé hates it lol, I figure she’s already pissed I’m golfing you might as well go another few holes lol

• Like 1

Titleist TSI3 9* - Tensei AV Raw White 2.0 Proto 65 TX 

Titleist TSI2 16.5 - Tensei AV Raw White 2.0 Proto 75 TX

Titleist U510 2 - PX Smoke Black 80 6.5

Titleist 718 CB 4-PW PX LZ 6.0

Titleist Vokey SM8 52.F - 56.F - 60.L DG S400 Onyx
Titleist Scotty Cameron Phantom 11.5

Guess I'm lucky. Ol girl has precisely zero interest in golf itself but is totally supportive of me and what I get out of it. She'll text mid-round and ask how I'm playing, wants to know all about it when I get home - even if just from the range. 

Reckon she's a bit of a unicorn. 

• Like 4

Titleist TSi3 10.5°

Titleist TSi3 15°

Titleist TS2 18°

Taylormade P7TW 4-PW

Taylormade MG2 52°, 54TW°, 60TW°

Scotty Cameron Newport 

15 minutes ago, aenemated said:

Guess I'm lucky. Ol girl has precisely zero interest in golf itself but is totally supportive of me and what I get out of it. She'll text mid-round and ask how I'm playing, wants to know all about it when I get home - even if just from the range. 

My wife absolutely hates golf and refuses to come out on the course with me.  With that being said, she total supports my golf habit.  As a psychologist she understand it's therapy for me.  Unlike your girl, she won't text me or call during a round of golf and when I get home, she says I bore her with golf talk, haha. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

TM SIM 2, 8* w/Tensei 1k 70TX

TM SIM 15* w/ZF 80TX

TM Tour Issue Deep Face Ghost Proto TP 2 HB  w/Thump 105x

New Level NLU-01 21* w/KBS Proto 105x

New Level 623-M 5-PW w/MMT 125 TX

54* Miura HB w/KBS 610 S+, 58* Miura w/KBS Tour Black

Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 1

3 minutes ago, phizzy30 said:

My wife absolutely hates golf and refuses to come out on the course with me.  With that being said, she total supports my golf habit.  As a psychologist she understand it's therapy for me.  Unlike your girl, she won't text me or call during a round of golf and when I get home, she says I bore her with golf talk, haha. 

Haha She's an artist - one of those "oh, sportsball" types - so I'm pretty sure her only interest in it is that it makes me pretty happy. 

• Like 2

Titleist TSi3 10.5°

Titleist TSi3 15°

Titleist TS2 18°

Taylormade P7TW 4-PW

Taylormade MG2 52°, 54TW°, 60TW°

Scotty Cameron Newport 

4 hours ago, aenemated said:

Do they have a dating site for women who are entirely supportive of golf habits and have no interest in actually trying the game?  If so can someone point me in that direction. A top golf dates ok, every time Haley's comet comes around but beyond that it'd be tough. 

OP, on a serious note, compromising is a thing. Give something to get something. Gardening, lawn maintenance, to-do list s***, date night, these things are bargaining chips. Clingy and dating doesn't typically get better with rings. 

Callaway - Epic Subzero 9* Oban Kiyoshi White 68g 04

TEE - CB Pro Limited 16.5*  Oban Kiyoshi White 74g 04

TEE - CB Pro U 19* Paderson KINETIXX TS Hybrid 80

Miura - Baby Blades 4 - PW KBS Tour Black 120s

Vokey - SM7 52* 56* 60* KBS Tour Black 120s

Ping - PLD Prime Tyne 35"

Grips- Iomic Sticky 2.3 .60

If you have no kids and your wife or GF doesn't like that you play golf, expect to play literally none once you do have kids, if you choose to go that route. So that's one thing to immediately consider

I've never really understood this one. I've been with my wife 10 years now and have played at least 60 rounds of golf every year (usually 70+ except for when my daughter was born it was 60). I don't really think it's healthy for someone to feel like they need to spend every waking minute with you, or vice versa. it's good to have hobbies, does she not have any?

Before we had kids our typical weekend was both of us doing our hobbies and then going out afterwards at like 4-5 pm

• Like 4

Callaway Epic Subzero 9 w/PX Hzrdus Smoke Black 80
Callaway Epic Subzero 13 w/Matrix Black Tie 80

Titleist TS3 20 w/PX Hzrdus Smoke Black 80
Cobra King Forged TEC 4-GW w/Nippon Modus 130

Cobra King MIM Black 56 and 60 wedges w/ Modus 130

SGC #002 Flow Neck 385g

Edit:  just don't believe this happened, lol, and who believes that someone would be inept enough to not be able to change a flat in a few minutes or would abandon their car because of a flat?  Kind of an insult to the young lady in a way, haha. Have to have certain standards as a total stranger giving advice on the internet, so I'm saving the pearls I had typed earlier!

Edited by Hawkeye77
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
12 hours ago, Proam1 said:

She’s drawn a line in the sand, made me pull out all of the stops.

buddies got the best of me the other day, but I convinced them to play another 9. I really shouldn’t have, considering that I knew it would make me late for a  date-but I couldn’t help myself.

We devised a ridiculous plan to pretend I had a flat tire, so I had to walk home(bc my phone was dead obv 😉)

My buddy followed me home, while I left my car abandoned on the side of the road 

What kind of insane ways have you dealt with the age old,  gf vs golf issue?

If i had to go through all that just to play an extra 9 holes she would get binned off

Or just get married, she'll be glad to get rid of you after a few years

• Like 3

Driver: :taylormade-small: Sim2 MAX 9*

3 Wood: :taylormade-small: Sim Max 15*

Hybrid:     :ping-small: G 19*

Hybrid Irons: :adams-small:  Pro DHY 21 & 24*

Irons:       :ping-small: i500 6-PW

Gap Wedge:  :ping-small: Glide 3 50*

Wedges: :taylormade-small: Hi-Toe Raw 54 & 58*

Putter:  :odyssey-small:  O-Works 7

8 minutes ago, ND2005 said:

I'm a little bit going to buck the trend here.

You had plans with your girlfriend. You knew that playing another 9 would make you late. You did it anyways. Then you concocted an elaborate lie to get out of trouble. 

That sucks. 

I completely glossed over the fact that he had a date. I just read it as he wanted 9 more and created a lie to play it.

I'd definitely say she isn't that significant in your life, so why bother wasting either of your time?

• Like 2
10 minutes ago, ND2005 said:

I'm a little bit going to buck the trend here.

You had plans with your girlfriend. You knew that playing another 9 would make you late. You did it anyways. Then you concocted an elaborate lie to get out of trouble. 

That sucks. 

I missed the part about the plans

Yeah you are right actually. In general you should get support for your hobbies but yeah breaking plans and then lying about it probably not the best behavior either LOL

Callaway Epic Subzero 9 w/PX Hzrdus Smoke Black 80
Callaway Epic Subzero 13 w/Matrix Black Tie 80

Titleist TS3 20 w/PX Hzrdus Smoke Black 80
Cobra King Forged TEC 4-GW w/Nippon Modus 130

Cobra King MIM Black 56 and 60 wedges w/ Modus 130

SGC #002 Flow Neck 385g

47 minutes ago, MtlJeff said:

I missed the part about the plans

Yeah you are right actually. In general you should get support for your hobbies but yeah breaking plans and then lying about it probably not the best behavior either LOL

I'm glad you guys pointed out the important detail.  He had a date AND was already golfing beforehand.  At that point you probably should have stopped and golfed the next day/opportunity you could BUT if you couldn't resist playing another 9, I'd be honest with the GF and upgrade the restaurant/bar choices to make up for being late.  If she's getting all fancy for dinner, it'll fill a little more of her time while you are golfing.  

Lying is almost never the best option.  Ever.  Except for questions about weight, then it is.

No chance I would ever do that. If I am going to play more and come home much later than usual I will call and say. I'm going back out be home later. That just being respectful of her. I'm not asking permission just letting her know. I'm lucky I don't have to do that because she knows when I play I could be gone all day. Sometimes when I come home she will say. Done already? 

If we had plans then I will be home honor that.  I could not be with someone that made me feel guilty or gave me a hard time for playing. 

I will say I laughed at the what you had to do to stay out of the doghouse ...... 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
4 hours ago, mizuno player said:

No chance I would ever do that. If I am going to play more and come home much later than usual I will call and say. I'm going back out be home later. That just being respectful of her. I'm not asking permission just letting her know. I'm lucky I don't have to do that because she knows when I play I could be gone all day. Sometimes when I come home she will say. Done already? 

If we had plans then I will be home honor that.  I could not be with someone that made me feel guilty or gave me a hard time for playing. 

I'm right here with you on this one, and like you said it's just basic respect for each other more than anything else. I'll tell my wife beforehand if I'm playing golf so she knows what I'm doing that day, and if I head to the course in the morning she knows I'll be home at some point later that afternoon. She doesn't get mad or expect me to be home at a certain time, just like I don't care if she goes out and spends the day with her friends. However, if we have plans to do something together I can guarantee you that I will be home in time for that, and she would do the same.

The fact that the OP bailed on premade plans and then not only concocted an elaborate lie but also went through all of that trouble just to play 9 more holes makes me question his character. If this is what the relationship is like, trust me when I say that you'll both be better off if you break up....

Edited by Abh159
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Complete lack of respect on your part for breaking the plans is my gut response. My other gut response is why on earth are you with someone who exhibits controlling behaviors? Does she go through your messages and social media too?!?

I get it that my allegedly better half hates golf and most of my other sports. Hey-ho her obsession with stinking horses and her other hobbies/pursuits don’t interest me at all. It doesn’t mean I’d stop her doing them though. 

The main thing we discussed (I laid out) is that it is very important to have time apart to do your own thing and see your own friends. This stops you disliking each other and getting bored. If you can’t have this conversation then I’d say you are not compatible or she’s way too high maintenance. Or you just need to grow a pair!

BTW we’re all still waiting on pictures!!

• Like 1

My wife used to hate it only because of the equipment that kept arriving to the house.  Years ago she told me and I apologized and sold off the extra gear.  But I did say that this is what I did.  I don't go out, you know where I am and know who I'm with.  I said not to call during the round unless someone is bleeding, in trouble or dead.

All that said, if she's trying to control things NOW and won't listen to reason, run far away.  We told a young man this while on a buddies trip at Myrtle Beach.  Never give someone that much control unless you put a ring on it and even then find a common ground and work it out.  If she's controlling this, she'll control other areas of your life.  That's a promise.

• Like 1

G410 9 Degree - Accra FX 2.0

G410 5, 7 & 9 Woods - Accra FX 2.0

G710 4-UW - Accra 70i

Glide 3.0 54ES, 58WS Accra 70i

PING Bruzer

PING Vault 2.0 Ketsch & Craz-E **Backups**

(My son is waiting patiently for the G425 woods so he can take my old ones!)