Apparel Landing Spot for JT?

Apologies if there is already a topic, here.  Any thoughts on where he might land?  I know he wears Titleist FJ hat/glove/shoes.  So, my guess is Nike is out?  I think they typically prefer all-in deals....

He's a top three player in the world, you gotta think someone is going to jump on this opportunity. 

Anyone hearing anything?

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Not cancel culture. Look up Eamon’s piece on it.      I guarantee 99% of golfers have not said THAT. If you’re golfing with 99% of people who have said that, well, you have an atrocious gr

Why is an apology for saying something under your breath @ YOURSELF no longer good enough? It now requires a press conference, front page news around the world, charitable donations, probation, and mu

JT just seems so boring. I don’t see him being a person who can push clothing. Nike offerings also don’t line up with his pretentious country club image. Titleist, foot joy, polo (former)...guy is a d

Posted Images

Add a line to his Titleist and FJ contract to include FJ clothing. 

• Like 3

Callaway Epic Speed 9° driver Tensei Pro White 1K 50 S Flex

Callaway Mavrik 15° fairway wood Tensei Pro Blue 60 S Flex

Callaway Mavrik 20° hybrid Tensei Pro Blue Hybrid 70S Flex

Callaway Mavrik 23° hybrid Tensei Pro Blue Hybrid 80 S Flex

Mizuno JPX 921 Forged 4-PW & GW Modus3 Tour 120 S flex

Mizuno T20 Raw Wedges 50-07 Modus3 Tour 120 S flex

Mizuno T20 Raw Wedges 55-13 and 60-06 Modus3 125 Wedge

Odyssey RSX Milled V-Line Fang 

Callaway Chrome Soft X

It will likely be FootJoy  in the short term until something more long term can be figured out 

• Like 1
TS3 8.5 - evenflow white 6.5 
915F 15 - Rogue x
Titleist H2 21- tensi pro white 
712U 4i DG tour x100
718 ap2 5-PW DG tour x100
SM7 52F 56S 60M DG tour s400
Scotty Cameron special select 2 - 34 

Something like Peter Millar would make the most sense to me, but we'll see if anyone is willing to get involved while the story is still pretty fresh. 

He's definitely a lot more conservative/traditional when it comes to his clothes compared to most of the other young players. Maybe that was just because that's what RL had him wearing, but it would be really strange to see him in some of the current Nike or Adidas offerings. 

• Like 2

Costco Kirkland Justin Thomas Apparel 

• Haha 1

Left Handed

Driver: Titleist 917D3 [SureFit:C2=9.5*@11*] (Diamana W70x) {Golfpride mcc-black}

3 Wood: Taylormade Sim Ti [15*@ 15.75*] (Diamana ltd. 75x) {TM z grip}

3 hybrid: Titleist 818H2 [SureFit:B3=19*@18*] (GD tour AD-DI 85x) {Golfpride mcc-white}

2 Iron: Titleist 718 T-MB [17* std. loft + lie] (X100) {Golfpride Z-cord}

3 Iron: Titleist 712u [21* std. loft + lie] (X100 XP95) {Golfpride tour wrap 2G}

Irons 4-5: Titleist T200 [2* weak, 1*up] (PX6.0) {Golfpride Z-cord align}

Irons 6-Pw: Titleist T100 [std. lofts, 1*up] (PX6.0) {Golfpride Z-cord align}

Wedges: Titleist SM4 [52*, 56*, 60*] (wedge flex) {Golf Pride mcc white & blue}

Putter: 2021 Bettinardi QB6 (coming soon) 

Next to zero chance he goes to a brand like Nike, Adidas, or UA unless they make him the face of the golf brand like UA did with Spieth. Someone would have to offer him a lot to get him out of FJ shoes. For the rest of the year he’ll likely just roll with FJ apparel as well before getting signed to a company like Greyson or Black Quail. JT and Greyson would be phenomenal together and this may be the perfect opportunity for Greyson to sign an elite player. 

• Like 3
1 minute ago, AThompson_3 said:

Next to zero chance he goes to a brand like Nike, Adidas, or UA unless they make him the face of the golf brand like UA did with Spieth. Someone would have to offer him a lot to get him out of FJ shoes. For the rest of the year he’ll likely just roll with FJ apparel as well before getting signed to a company like Greyson or Black Quail. JT and Greyson would be phenomenal together and this may be the perfect opportunity for Greyson to sign an elite player. 

I'd agree. I bet he rides this season out (even thought it is just starting) and then signs with somebody next offseason. Peter Millar or Greyson are strong possibilities. Ralph Lauren was a pretty good fit for him, even though those horses did keep getting bigger and bigger. He would look strange in the sportier Nike/UA/Puma stuff. He definitely has built his brand on the more classic shoes and apparel. 

• Like 1

TaylorMade SIM 9* - Fujikura Speeder TR 857X

TaylorMade SIM Max Rocket 14* - Fujikura Rombax P95X

NIKE Vapor Fly Pro 3-4 - Fujikura Pro 95i Tour Spec 95X

Mizuno JPX 919 Tour 5-9 - DG TI X100

TaylorMade MG Tour Chrome 46*, Raw 50*, Raw 55* - DG TI S400

TaylorMade Tour Hi Toe Raw Face 60* - DG TI S400

Scotty Cameron Select Squareback

He might wear Ralph Lauren again. They state in their press release that “As we make this decision, our hope is that Mr. Thomas does the hard and necessary work in order to partner with us again – truly examining this incident, learning, growing and ultimately using his platform to promote inclusion.”

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
5 minutes ago, cvhookem63 said:

I'd agree. I bet he rides this season out (even thought it is just starting) and then signs with somebody next offseason. Peter Millar or Greyson are strong possibilities. Ralph Lauren was a pretty good fit for him, even though those horses did keep getting bigger and bigger. He would look strange in the sportier Nike/UA/Puma stuff. He definitely has built his brand on the more classic shoes and apparel. 

I’m not sure Peter Millar would sign him. Not because of PR reasons or anything like that, PM just doesn’t spend. PM has a huge market in pro shops at courses and they really try to drive their revenue in that way. It’s really the same thing FJ does with their apparel as well. Their presence is so strong in pro shops. The sporty retailers (Nike, UA, Adidas, Puma) generate a huge percentage of their revenue from online which is why you see them spend so much on their tour presence and make it a priority to sign the best players. FJ, PM, and RL generate the majority of their sales in pro shops which is why they spend significantly less on tour players. When I worked in a pro shop the reps for FJ and PM (we didn’t carry any RL) were way more informed on their market share, really cared about the displays, wanted to know what consumers were asking questions about, and just in general spent more time to check in with us. Whereas the adidas, Nike, UA guys would just come in do a quick run through of inventory and then head out. 

• Like 1
8 minutes ago, Nic1972 said:

He might wear Ralph Lauren again. They state in their press release that “As we make this decision, our hope is that Mr. Thomas does the hard and necessary work in order to partner with us again – truly examining this incident, learning, growing and ultimately using his platform to promote inclusion.”

There are two sides and I doubt JT would want to go back. 

• Like 2

I get wanting to do "the right thing" but RL just screwed the pooch here.  JT is one of the most loved guys on Tour and also one of the most consistent and talented.  Who is going to be the face for RL's golf line now, Billy Horschel?  PPPAAALEASE, not a chance that goes well.  

UA should come at JT with everything they can.  They need a top tier talented guy to push their clothes.  Something Spieth didn't live up to.  

That being said, I hope JT rocks the Duffy style hats or fashion all year for anything not under contract.  Have fun with it.

Somewhere in Jupiter, there was a giant RL bond fire over the weekend. No chance you see a horse on him the rest of his career. 

If I were him, I wouldn't want any part of RL now or in the future. He gets enough screen time and is likeable enough (minus is college affiliation as I am an Auburn Tiger 🙂 ) that he will have plenty of options. I hope he tears it up this year and somewhere at RL headquarters, there is an accountant keeping track of how financially stupid of a move it was for them to release him. Not only the loss of screen time but overall sales declines. My days of buying RL are done (and I loved the RLX stuff!). 

My decision will not put a dent in their earnings but I will use capitalism at its finest to purchase elsewhere. 

• Like 4

[size=3][color=#A4A4A4][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]WITB:[/font][/color]
[color=#A4A4A4][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]PING G400 LST 8.5 Kuro Kage 60g X-Flex[/font][/color]
[color=#A4A4A4][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Mizuno MP18 MMC FliHi Px LZ 6.5 2 iron[/font][/color][/size]
[color=#A4A4A4][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3]Mizuno MP18 MMC 3i-PW Modus3 120 X[/size][/font][/color]
[size=3][color=#A4A4A4][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Mizuno S18 Wedges: 49,53,59 Modus3 120 X[/font][/color]
[color=#A4A4A4][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Custom Black Lab Flow Neck Putter[/font][/color][/size]

I actually could see the Nike thing as close as he and TW are.....Nike stood by Tiger, Kobe, etc.  

I know Nike made exceptions for a few guys a few years back (letting them have a sponsor name on the apparel.). Maybe they’ll do the same for him.

if TW brand is gonna pass the baton like Jordan did....he’ll need to start thinking about who the guy or gal will be 

1 hour ago, mjbaker80 said:

I actually could see the Nike thing as close as he and TW are.....Nike stood by Tiger, Kobe, etc.  

I know Nike made exceptions for a few guys a few years back (letting them have a sponsor name on the apparel.). Maybe they’ll do the same for him.

if TW brand is gonna pass the baton like Jordan did....he’ll need to start thinking about who the guy or gal will be 

JT just seems so boring. I don’t see him being a person who can push clothing. Nike offerings also don’t line up with his pretentious country club image. Titleist, foot joy, polo (former)...guy is a dweeb. Amazing golfer but a dweeb. 

• Like 4
2 hours ago, Rory4Pres said:

I get wanting to do "the right thing" but RL just screwed the pooch here.  JT is one of the most loved guys on Tour and also one of the most consistent and talented.  Who is going to be the face for RL's golf line now, Billy Horschel?  PPPAAALEASE, not a chance that goes well.  

UA should come at JT with everything they can.  They need a top tier talented guy to push their clothes.  Something Spieth didn't live up to.  

That being said, I hope JT rocks the Duffy style hats or fashion all year for anything not under contract.  Have fun with it.

Lol. Nobody is buying clothes because of him. 

• Like 3