Apparel Landing Spot for JT?

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Not cancel culture. Look up Eamon’s piece on it.      I guarantee 99% of golfers have not said THAT. If you’re golfing with 99% of people who have said that, well, you have an atrocious gr

Why is an apology for saying something under your breath @ YOURSELF no longer good enough? It now requires a press conference, front page news around the world, charitable donations, probation, and mu

JT just seems so boring. I don’t see him being a person who can push clothing. Nike offerings also don’t line up with his pretentious country club image. Titleist, foot joy, polo (former)...guy is a d

Posted Images

Just now, AThompson_3 said:

His clothes fit him well in this picture. The only thing I notice is that he pulled his shirt sleeve up but a lot of golfers do that with their shirts. It’s almost a little “tic” at that point. 

Sleeve are too long and pants are too baggy. Sleeve cuff width is ok. If they made them more snug his twig arms would look weird. Dig the fabric design.

Just now, Frankensteins Monster said:

Sleeve are too long and pants are too baggy. Sleeve cuff width is ok. If they made them more snug his twig arms would look weird. Dig the fabric design.

Just because he rolls his shirt sleeve up doesn’t mean they are too long. Pants aren’t too baggy either. Not sure what you’re looking at. 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Frankensteins Monster said:

In shape? He's as average as one gets "shape" wise. If that's in shape, I'm fearful of how lazy people must be to consider JT to be "in shape." He's a 135lb skinny fat dude.

Well, whatever your description of "average" or "skinny-fat" means, he's earned $40M on the course (not including endorsements) with it. My guess is that is slightly more than you have earned. 

He'll be fine. 

[size=3][color=#A4A4A4][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]WITB:[/font][/color]
[color=#A4A4A4][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]PING G400 LST 8.5 Kuro Kage 60g X-Flex[/font][/color]
[color=#A4A4A4][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Mizuno MP18 MMC FliHi Px LZ 6.5 2 iron[/font][/color][/size]
[color=#A4A4A4][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3]Mizuno MP18 MMC 3i-PW Modus3 120 X[/size][/font][/color]
[size=3][color=#A4A4A4][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Mizuno S18 Wedges: 49,53,59 Modus3 120 X[/font][/color]
[color=#A4A4A4][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Custom Black Lab Flow Neck Putter[/font][/color][/size]

I gave up on RL years ago when I realized their large sizes were still large sizes and not the new large, which is extra large for just about everyone else.  Heck even their xl's in shirts and sweaters were smaller than lots of other folks' large sizes.  Now back to scratching those numbers off the back of my 501s!

I really did like the original cotton polo shirts and their wool crew neck sweaters back in about 1985 but affording one of each was about my limit - and I was skinny then.

6 minutes ago, Cheesehead42 said:

Well, whatever your description of "average" or "skinny-fat" means, he's earned $40M on the course (not including endorsements) with it. My guess is that is slightly more than you have earned. 

He'll be fine. 

In a thread discussing what clothing brand may, or may not, take a chance on JT, you're gonna throw out the "But he's a bazillionaire so how dar you critique him?," card? 

As far as what's "skinny fat," it's JT to a T. He's skinny and fat at the same time. He's soft everywhere.

This is "skinny fat."

image.png.983bdc165d72e7b24c5274bc32f16c96.png

9 minutes ago, Frankensteins Monster said:

You're moving the goalposts. I specifically said promoting him, not his exposure from winning.

You had initially said “He’s just one of the last people I would look for to promote a clothing line”.

You made no mention of promoting him, the promotion is for the clothing line. The clothing line is promoted not just by RL but by the player by getting himself on TV as much as he does by regularly playing well and winning. For that reason it seemed that RL disagreed with you in that he was not “one of the last people” that they would look for to promote that clothing line. 

Titleist TS3 8.5 Even Flow White T1100 6.0
Titleist 915Fd 15 Stiff Rogue Black 
Titleist 712U 3 Iron Stiff Tour AD DI
Titleist T100 4-PW 6.0 Project X LZ
Titleist Vokey SM6 50.08
Titlesist Vokey SM7 56.12 & 60.04
Scotty Cameron Futura 5S
ProV1x 2019

www.youtube.com/oneillgolf

17 minutes ago, AThompson_3 said:

Just because he rolls his shirt sleeve up doesn’t mean they are too long. Pants aren’t too baggy either. Not sure what you’re looking at. 

Frankenstein - “Those trousers look a little baggy to me”

9F0D6D88-A37B-48C0-B161-1CFF97E1954A.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Titleist Vokey SM6 50.08
Scotty Cameron Futura 5S
ProV1x 2019

4 minutes ago, MattyO1984 said:

You had initially said “He’s just one of the last people I would look for to promote a clothing line”.

You made no mention of promoting him, the promotion is for the clothing line. The clothing line is promoted not just by RL but by the player by getting himself on TV as much as he does by regularly playing well and winning. For that reason it seemed that RL disagreed with you in that he was not “one of the last people” that they would look for to promote that clothing line. 

Matty, the post you quoted specifically discussed Horschel being promoted just as much as JT...

"I saw just as many pictures promoting Horshel with the brand as JT."

14 minutes ago, Frankensteins Monster said:

In a thread discussing what clothing brand may, or may not, take a chance on JT, you're gonna throw out the "But he's a bazillionaire so how dar you critique him?," card? 

As far as what's "skinny fat," it's JT to a T. He's skinny and fat at the same time. He's soft everywhere.

This is "skinny fat."

image.png.983bdc165d72e7b24c5274bc32f16c96.png

I want to be skinny fat.

Mr. Wolfe

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
7 minutes ago, Frankensteins Monster said:

Matty, the post you quoted specifically discussed Horschel being promoted just as much as JT...

"I saw just as many pictures promoting Horshel with the brand as JT."

At this point, I am honestly not sure what point you are trying to make.

Titleist Vokey SM6 50.08
Scotty Cameron Futura 5S
ProV1x 2019

8 minutes ago, Mr_Wolfe said:

I love your exact post count. lol 6666

Mr. Wolfe

Haha, I was conscious of that as well. Moving on up now!

Titleist Vokey SM6 50.08
Scotty Cameron Futura 5S
ProV1x 2019

Just now, Frankensteins Monster said:

Our discussion, RL was promoting Horschel as much as JT. In the grand scheme of things, JT is negligible in regards to moving a clothing line.

OK, I had thought we were talking about whether or not JT was one of the last person to promote a clothing line.

My point was simply that RL did not agree that he was one of the last people to do that. RL were not promoting JT or Billy Ho. RL were promoting their clothing line. In terms of promotion, surely, JT got them more than Horschel ever did.

Titleist Vokey SM6 50.08
Scotty Cameron Futura 5S
ProV1x 2019

It’s funny how quickly a topic can get off the rails on here. The nuance to most of this discussion falls in between the promote and exposure comments. The exposure of JT being in a featured group almost every single week he tees it up, allows RL to promote the new items in their golf collections.
There are unlikely to be more than a handful of people on here who have spent more with RL over the past few years than me. I’m not sure it would be fair to say that I’ve bought any of it “because of JT,” however, I have bought much of it because I saw it on JT on TV and thought, “that looks great.”

• Like 1

Titleist TS2 10.5 Driver
Taylormade M6 15 3-Wood
Titleist u500 2i
Titleist T100 Irons 4-P
Titleist Vokey Wedges 50, 54, 58
Odyssey #7 O-Works
Titleist Pro V1

RLX Apparel with Footjoy Shoes & Gloves

It is also worth pointing out that RL dresses JT (and most of their staff, BillyHo being the exception) in the way that their target audience would wear the clothes. Most golfers are not wearing joggers to the office or the course. But many will wear the trousers in a more tailored fit. Most aren’t wearing sleeves painted on their arms, but again the majority are wearing a more tailored or comfortable fit. Hence, RL dresses the staff in that manner and has done a good job in being aware of who is watching. 

Titleist TS2 10.5 Driver
Taylormade M6 15 3-Wood
Titleist u500 2i
Titleist T100 Irons 4-P
Titleist Vokey Wedges 50, 54, 58
Odyssey #7 O-Works
Titleist Pro V1

RLX Apparel with Footjoy Shoes & Gloves

1 minute ago, ctfuzz21 said:

It is also worth pointing out that RL dresses JT (and most of their staff, BillyHo being the exception) in the way that their target audience would wear the clothes. Most golfers are not wearing joggers to the office or the course. But many will wear the trousers in a more tailored fit. Most aren’t wearing sleeves painted on their arms, but again the majority are wearing a more tailored or comfortable fit. Hence, RL dresses the staff in that manner and has done a good job in being aware of who is watching. 

Yes.  I'm sure they have stylists and tailors to get the clothes fitting the way they want to watchers to see.  I think there is sour grapes.  People not liking what RL did and then saying, "Well, he never looked good in RL anyway so it's their loss, not his."  

• Like 1
26 minutes ago, PappyVanWinkle53 said:

This thread is starting to sound like a clique of high school girls talking.....

”Erma gerrrrrd......like....look at the length of those sleeves”

“Ohma gawsh.....he is so skinny fat”

You do know you're posting in a sub-forum that, gasp..., is called "Golf Style and Accessories," right? To think, people thought this sub was for talking golf style. THE HORROR!

• Like 3
29 minutes ago, Frankensteins Monster said:

You do know you're posting in a sub-forum that, gasp..., is called "Golf Style and Accessories," right? To think, people thought this sub was for talking golf style. THE HORROR!

Oh I’m aware.....the “skinny fat” part is what really drew me in.....the kind of back and forth one might hear from Becca, Brittney and Ashley in the 11th grade. 

2 minutes ago, PappyVanWinkle53 said:

Oh I’m aware.....the “skinny fat” part is what really drew me in.....the kind of back and forth one might hear from Becca, Brittney and Ashley in the 11th grade. 

Hey, don't be just throwing us girls under the bus here.  Plenty of guys these days are fashionistas. 😉

• Like 3
18 minutes ago, PappyVanWinkle53 said:

Skinny fat is a gym/training term. I can see how one might think it sounds like high school banter. LOL!