Apparel Landing Spot for JT?

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Not cancel culture. Look up Eamon’s piece on it.      I guarantee 99% of golfers have not said THAT. If you’re golfing with 99% of people who have said that, well, you have an atrocious gr

Why is an apology for saying something under your breath @ YOURSELF no longer good enough? It now requires a press conference, front page news around the world, charitable donations, probation, and mu

JT just seems so boring. I don’t see him being a person who can push clothing. Nike offerings also don’t line up with his pretentious country club image. Titleist, foot joy, polo (former)...guy is a d

Posted Images

Given the world right now, he's probably too radioactive for a clothing deal anytime soon.

G410 9 Degree - Accra FX 2.0

G410 5, 7 & 9 Woods - Accra FX 2.0

G710 4-UW - Accra 70i

Glide 3.0 54ES, 58WS Accra 70i

PING Bruzer

PING Vault 2.0 Ketsch & Craz-E **Backups**

(My son is waiting patiently for the G425 woods so he can take my old ones!)

Photo of him on Tuesday in Abu Dhabi is a Peter Millar shirt (almost positive).  Looks like it was freshly out of the plastic as well judging by the fold marks.  After a cooling off period he will sign with PM I would think.  Super logical style wise, PM would get a HUGE player at a big discount.  Checks all the boxes.  PM's business is almost entirely in the golf world, likely doesn't see a huge impact from the homophobic angle like Polo would as their brand is broader in fashion.  The obsticle might be PM's parent company, but again after a few new cycle's I think everyone moves on and he is in PM apparel.  

Didn’t even need to see the logo on the back to know it was PM. The buttons and the collar were key clues in to that being a PM shirt. I still don’t think JT signs with PM. JT will be signed with a primarily online retailer like Greyson. PM doesn’t sign huge players because they don’t need to because of their huge presence in pro shops. People don’t buy PM because they see someone wearing a shirt on tour. People buy PM when they go to a pro shop at a course and see a nice shirt. Primarily online retailers like Greyson need that tour presence to drive people to their online store because being such a new company (relatively), that’s where most of their sales will be made until they have penetrated the market enough to establish a strong presence in pro shops. Greyson doesn’t have that yet. PM has a huge percentage of market share in green grass shops. Maybe not at your muni courses and stuff like that but higher end public and privates are dominated by PM. 

1 hour ago, mconn118 said:

Photo of him on Tuesday in Abu Dhabi is a Peter Millar shirt (almost positive).  Looks like it was freshly out of the plastic as well judging by the fold marks.  After a cooling off period he will sign with PM I would think.  Super logical style wise, PM would get a HUGE player at a big discount.  Checks all the boxes.  PM's business is almost entirely in the golf world, likely doesn't see a huge impact from the homophobic angle like Polo would as their brand is broader in fashion.  The obsticle might be PM's parent company, but again after a few new cycle's I think everyone moves on and he is in PM apparel.  

how much of a killer must it be to have to pay for clothes after years of getting them for free. Not that he can’t afford it, but still...

13 hours ago, MattyO1984 said:

This photo is from today, RLX is gone. Glad that they are. Looks like the shirt is completely unbranded save the Citi logo on his sleeve. I had kinda thought that JT would end up with FJ as a short term solution but I couldn’t see it as a long term solution.

My view is that Greyson would be a great fit for him. The massive wolf logo on some of the jumpers I find a little ridiculous (and I won’t get started on the joggers) but generally speaking, it seems to be similar in style to RLX and RLX, with a sprinkling of slightly edgier designs. The other option might be something like KJUS. Now that they are part of the Titleist family, you would think that they would be looking for a name to attach to the brand to get it out there a little more.

Also, I simply cannot understand those that are saying that RL and JT were not a good fit, it was brilliant. I was big fans of both. I have been buying RL for years and no doubt bought more because of seeing JT wear some of the styles. That for me though is now over. I won’t be throwing my RL stuff away but I won’t be buying it any longer.

FA436E53-8086-40D5-A8C9-EF0886CDC349.jpeg

His shorts look like they're from 2004 way to baggy , Rory's shorts fit him properly I'm glad JT is gone from RL maybe he can get some decent 

fitting clothes now that actually fit his body frame .

He did nothing wrong. Ridiculous that he got dropped by RL. “Cancel culture” is truly a disease. He didn’t say anything that 99% of golfers haven’t said to themselves when they babied a putt. People have become way too sensitive

• Like 2

Big Bertha B21 Driver 9* Riptide 65X

Sim Ti 3W Hzrdus Smoke Yellow 70X

Sim Max 5W EvenFlow Blue 75X

M4 7HL EvenFlow Black 75X

SIM Max 6H Ventus Stiff

G710 7-U Modus 105X

PM Grind ‘19 Tour Grey 54(bent to 52), 56 & 60

Ping Vault 2.0 B60 Copper

2 hours ago, alpineto said:

His shorts look like they're from 2004 way to baggy , Rory's shorts fit him properly I'm glad JT is gone from RL maybe he can get some decent 

fitting clothes now that actually fit his body frame .

Way too baggy?!?! Lol. Those shorts fit exactly how shorts should fit a male golfer, on a golf course. I know that’s the not point of this discussion, but couldn’t let that one go.

• Like 4

Titleist TS2 10.5 Driver
Taylormade M6 15 3-Wood
Titleist u500 2i
Titleist T100 Irons 4-P
Titleist Vokey Wedges 50, 54, 58
Odyssey #7 O-Works
Titleist Pro V1

RLX Apparel with Footjoy Shoes & Gloves

14 minutes ago, ctfuzz21 said:

Way too baggy?!?! Lol. Those shorts fit exactly how shorts should fit a male golfer, on a golf course. I know that’s the not point of this discussion, but couldn’t let that one go.

Maybe in your eyes thats how they should fit, but they look like old man shorts to me and don't suit his body frame .

• Like 1
45 minutes ago, FaReal87 said:

Not cancel culture. Look up Eamon’s piece on it. 

I guarantee 99% of golfers have not said THAT. If you’re golfing with 99% of people who have said that, well, you have an atrocious group of golf buddies 🤷🏻‍♂️

Good point. I agree with you 100%.

The real question with cancel culture or just canceling, is why not turn this into a positive and allow JT the ability to donate proceeds for a cause or conduct a fund raiser...turn all these negatives in the world that will continue to happen (human nature at all walks and ages) into something positive that can impact people in a positive manor than simply eliminating a sponsorship. With these instances opportunities arrive that can be turned to good. Justin said something horrible, result is bad, helps nothing IMO. Should go like this: JT says something horrible,RL/POLO discusses it with JT and he agrees to do a charity event to raise money for a cause that needs help (name one) and generate the “good” from a horrible mistake. 

Not to seem political but it seems somewhere in the last decade these types of 2nd chance opportunities are not even considered and it’s just cut and dry and cut it off. It’s too bad IMHO. 

9 hours ago, JermWRX said:

He did nothing wrong. Ridiculous that he got dropped by RL. “Cancel culture” is truly a disease. He didn’t say anything that 99% of golfers haven’t said to themselves when they babied a putt. People have become way too sensitive

I guess I'm a 1%

• Like 3
3 hours ago, caniac6 said:

I guess I'm a 1%

I wonder if the UK is on edge about requesting cigarettes on the golf course now?

[size=3][color=#A4A4A4][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]WITB:[/font][/color]
[color=#A4A4A4][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]PING G400 LST 8.5 Kuro Kage 60g X-Flex[/font][/color]
[color=#A4A4A4][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Mizuno MP18 MMC FliHi Px LZ 6.5 2 iron[/font][/color][/size]
[color=#A4A4A4][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3]Mizuno MP18 MMC 3i-PW Modus3 120 X[/size][/font][/color]
[size=3][color=#A4A4A4][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Mizuno S18 Wedges: 49,53,59 Modus3 120 X[/font][/color]
[color=#A4A4A4][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Custom Black Lab Flow Neck Putter[/font][/color][/size]

3 minutes ago, Cheesehead42 said:

Why is an apology for saying something under your breath @ YOURSELF no longer good enough? It now requires a press conference, front page news around the world, charitable donations, probation, and must get a rainbow tattoo? Give me a break!

Actually I think there has been a lot of good already come from this. Unlike a lot of people, he was a man, owned it and apologized. Teach your kids that it is OK to make mistakes as long as you own it and learn from it. That is all anyone needs to hear! Move forward. 

Exactly. It’s a word. Big freakin deal. Don’t understand adults who get all bent out of shape and up in their feelings over a word. So soft. 

• Like 1

Big Bertha B21 Driver 9* Riptide 65X

Sim Ti 3W Hzrdus Smoke Yellow 70X

Sim Max 5W EvenFlow Blue 75X

M4 7HL EvenFlow Black 75X

SIM Max 6H Ventus Stiff

G710 7-U Modus 105X

PM Grind ‘19 Tour Grey 54(bent to 52), 56 & 60

Ping Vault 2.0 B60 Copper