2024 Houston Open WITB Photos ×

What is Your Favorite GolfWRX Thread?

BNGL

42 minutes ago, MtlJeff said:

If there's one thing Ferguson loves, it's threads filled with "expert" commentary.

The recent Tiger one was fun too --Albeit fun is the wrong word considering the subject matter involved a car crash

But 60% of the posts started with "I wrote my college thesis on California early morning traffic patterns....and here's what i think"

Any "seeking medical advice" thread catches my attention, too. 

"Hello out there, I don't post much but I have an injury question for the forum.  I'm a lefty, sorry.  It started after I failed to take relief from a tree root.  I hit the root, the club broke and a shooting pain went up my left arm to my neck.  I have trouble with my vision at night now and when I go the fridge at night and drink from the milk jug (not a glass), I need to use two hands.  I also have a tingling sensation in my right hand.  It's been 2 months and I hoping someone can post some stretches to help.  Thanks in advance, Rex."    

• Haha 4

There was another thread that was PGA Player lookalikes or something like that (I can't find it).  Some were really good--- Tom Kite vs Julie Inkster etc.  Another person compared Rickie wearing his classic all orange vs an orange traffic cone.  But the best was @Ferguson posting a picture of some PGA player with a big gut (can't remember the guy) and a spare tire in the trunk of a car.... it was 🤣

Edited by BlackDiamondPar5
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, BlackDiamondPar5 said:

There was another thread that was PGA Player lookalikes or something like that (I can't find it).  Some were really good--- Tom Kite vs Julie Inkster etc.  Another person compared Rickie wearing his classic all orange vs an orange traffic cone.  But the best was @Ferguson posting a picture of some PGA player with a big gut (can't remember the guy) and a spare tire in the trunk of a car.... it was 🤣

I need to find that thread.   Good one. 

• Like 1

On 1/19/2021 at 12:21 AM, HappyGilmoresBoots said:

This one.

Still this one.  All my favorite posters are here.

What's In The Bag?

Srixon Z565 Driver, 4W, 4H

Ping G400 5-U

Kirkland Sig Wedges

Odyssey White Hot Putter

Hyundai Equus Alignment Sticks

KSig balls for now - in search of something new

This thread reminded me of another one I was anxious to read in the AM - the one that had the amateur WRX detectives researching who some BST seller was and threatening to out him to his boss, or drive to his work to confront him. 

I also make it a point to follow any thread where “Did I do the right thing?”or “How should I have handled this?” are asked. I especially like the responses from guys who claim they would go all Mike Tyson on someone. 

And thanks to @Ferguson I have now expanded my repertoire of useful sayings with Dunning-Kruger Effect. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Ping G400 Max Tour AD DI

Ping G425 Tensi Orange 3W

Ping G30 5W Tensi Orange 5W

Ping G425 Hybrid Tensi Orange 4H

Ping G425 5-S Recoil 780 ES Smacwrap F4

Ping Glide LW

Bettinardi Studio 28cs

Circa 2017, the "Phil skipping the US Open to attend graduation" thread got me a month in D-BLOCK. 

I posted like hell in that thread.  

How about the first time someone used the name Bruce instead of Brooks?   As I recall, it was a new member of the forum.   

He, like the thread, was short-lived but "Bruce" has had staying power. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Ferguson said:

Circa 2017, the "Phil skipping the US Open to attend graduation" thread got me a month in D-BLOCK. 

I posted like hell in that thread.  

How about the first time someone used the name Bruce instead of Brooks?   As I recall, it was a new member of the forum.   

He, like the thread, was short-lived but "Bruce" has had staying power. 

Oh man Phil skipping the US Open.. that was a good one also!  Didn't realize you got put into timeout over that one --- for you that was like dangling a steak in front of a lion 🤣 I got an official warning after I really went after this new guy who was "running the board," while arguing with everyone and pontificating all kinds of BS.  I think he got thrown out and closed his WRX account the same day I got my warning.  Oh fun times to keep us amused. 

Edited by BlackDiamondPar5
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, BlackDiamondPar5 said:

Can you find it and post the link? I'm sure many of us would enjoy the read 🙂

Oh I am sure that was deleted not long after Golfweek issued denials and Phil himself saying his lawyer was looking into it.  An obvious April Fools move but because it was attributed to GolfWeek Insider with a slight play on words, which in 2008 was a popular read in the industry, no one caught on to it being April 1 until is spread like wildfire.

You can google it and there are some defunct websites / blogs with references and people still claiming this was true.

Best way to read the original post is https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/phil-mickelson/

Although for some strange reason on my browser the original text is some blacked out box, but you can just select the text inside.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Ferguson said:

Fortunately, I predicted "marital trouble" in late 2013, again in 2014 and early 2015 so forum members were prepared with the eventual outcome. 

Speaking for most (not all) of us, thank you for watching out for our well-being. It’s reassuring to know someone has our six. 

• Like 2

Ping G400 Max Tour AD DI

Ping G425 Tensi Orange 3W

Ping G30 5W Tensi Orange 5W

Ping G425 Hybrid Tensi Orange 4H

Ping G425 5-S Recoil 780 ES Smacwrap F4

Ping Glide LW

Bettinardi Studio 28cs

1 hour ago, Ferguson said:

The Dufner / Boyd split thread was concurrently a crowd favorite and a heartbreaking story as a well. 

Fortunately, I predicted "marital trouble" in late 2013, again in 2014 and early 2015 so forum members were prepared with the eventual outcome. 

image.png.0f2d417f4b21023c2ac4945beba45822.png 

image.png.36d3fa8c31b854f8e8c886c6f3feb917.png

image.png.72e8e0b7850fc8a3c3abf0b2a2bf26bd.png

Ferg, You were just looking for an excuse to post pics of Amanda to brighten our Monday 🙂

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Hawkeye77 said:

Hmmm, I think someone may have . . . . 😉

LOL, the story is so "TV" - the folks that came up with the story intentionally glossed over his past criminal record and pretty much bought into the guy's BS and presented a fictionalized tale. His criminal history centered around his domestic terrorism issues (California term), restraining order issues and then there was the bogus lawsuit against her.  Except for the seriousness of the issues and the disturbing window into his personality, it was sort of entertaining because he was the Golf Channel hero for a few weeks, but kind of sad in a way because the guy was so obviously out there - they used him in a big way, but he wanted it.

It got more weird later.  She was a potential witness in the Cosby affair, IIRC Cosby's attorney knew CNN was doing a story and had talked to her and wanted CNN to use an angle that Burk was pitching to the Cosby side (he wanted attention) then when CNN determined he wasn't credible the attorney leaked a BS letter about it to get Burk's info out there, CNN then responded that he was FOS and . . . Burk filed a meritless lawsuit against CNN.

Then to add to the weird.  He drifted off to Puerto Rico allegedly some deal to become a pro at some facility, or something like that (not looking it up again, lol, but along those lines), maybe some alleged and other related partnership or promotional relationship for $,  and that "fell through" and he ended up suing anyone and everyone involved down there in federal court - more BS litigation.

As far as I know, never heard from again.

What an absolute train wreck 

30 minutes ago, GatorNate11 said:

What an absolute train wreck 

Haha, I think I had to register in two different places in California to get court records on his various local issues, but total investment in the registrations and copies was maybe $20, LOL.  Worth it for the educational/entertainment value.  The folks that sold that show to GC have to be legends, maybe carnival barkers now or spelling Joe Namath on Medicare scare commercials.

• Haha 1

On 4/24/2021 at 5:15 AM, BlackDiamondPar5 said:

Not judging you on style but functionally why wear jeans to play golf? There's so many better options for warmth, wind and water resistance.

Although I answered earlier, I'm thinking of you (in a good way of course) as I prepare to go play - unseasonably warm today and I'm styling some real golf pants! 😀 

17 hours ago, flip flappy said:

My favorite was the thread on Kuchar underpaying  his fill in caddie,  El Toucan. I like the train wreck threads. I use to be on a pointing dog forum and there was a guy on there who would get drunk and post about how his dogs were the ultimate wild bird finding dogs and make all kind of claims. He finally got banned but I couldn't wait to get up in the mornings and read what crazy stuff he had posted during the night. Same with Kuchar thread. It was exciting to see the new stuff posted each day and the ensuing arguments. 

What about the thread the guy posted of some weird looking Scotty Cameron that he wanted to know if it was real and everyone told him to send it in for authentication. He said he would and never posted again. There were pages of responses of people asking what he found out that he never responded to.

I find humor in odd things as well and look forward to opening up to see what was said next 🙂

• Like 1

1. The “confession” thread where the guy admits to playing with ugly Mizuno XP cast irons he bought from K-Mart.

2. “Can a 4 handicap beat an LPGA pro?”

3. I periodically check on the “KHT Autoflex” thread. It’s either a true game changer or heading towards crash & burn.

Edited by 95124hacker

Epic Speed 9* (VeloCore Blue 6S))

SIM2 Ti 15* (Tour AD BB 6SR)

Apex UW 17* (stock HZRDUS Smoke Black 70 5.5)

0311XP Gen3 4-PW (Accra 90i S)

RTX ZipCore 52* Mid (DG Tour Issue)

SM9 58-10S (DG)

HiToe 64* (HiRev 2.0)
Eleven CS

Any urethane “X” ball

20 hours ago, GatorNate11 said:

Same on the trainwreck threads. Absolutely love them. Also the pointing dog forum guy sounds electric. I wish I would've been there for those

Nate, the dude would send private messages to different people trying to get them on his side when he was sober. I actually believe he had some really nice dogs but he was a master of controversy.  The place was never the same after he got banned. 

Ping G400 Max 10.5
Ping G400 5 wood
Ping i-e1 4-U Nippon 105 Stiff
Cleveland 588 RTX CB 52, 56&60
Cameron Squareback 1 Studio Select

12 hours ago, Mitchell said:

The thread by Thrillhouse describing the typical mini tour db was comedy gold.

I can't remember this thread but Thrillhouse was one of my favorite members on here. I know it would be next to impossible to find but do you think you could search it up and post a link? It sounds like it was awesome?

Ping G400 Max 10.5
Ping G400 5 wood
Ping i-e1 4-U Nippon 105 Stiff
Cleveland 588 RTX CB 52, 56&60
Cameron Squareback 1 Studio Select

7 hours ago, Hawkeye77 said:

Haha, I think I had to register in two different places in California to get court records on his various local issues, but total investment in the registrations and copies was maybe $20, LOL.  Worth it for the educational/entertainment value.  The folks that sold that show to GC have to be legends, maybe carnival barkers now or spelling Joe Namath on Medicare scare commercials.

I guarantee they're running wildly successful MLM schemes

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, flip flappy said:

Nate, the dude would send private messages to different people trying to get them on his side when he was sober. I actually believe he had some really nice dogs but he was a master of controversy.  The place was never the same after he got banned. 

That's the bad thing about those guys. When they're around you just want them gone, but when they are you realize they're part of what made the thing what it is

• Like 1

1 hour ago, flip flappy said:

I can't remember this thread but Thrillhouse was one of my favorite members on here. I know it would be next to impossible to find but do you think you could search it up and post a link? It sounds like it was awesome?

I tried but couldn't find it. I also can't remember what it was called. I vaguely remember the post and that it was a good one, but I can't remember much else about it. Someone else might be able to do some digging and prove that I'm just an incompetent stooge with the search function 

• Haha 1