2024 RBC Heritage WITB photos ×

PXG Gen 4 prototype drivers - new putters

pga43

On 9/28/2021 at 10:28 AM, cohenfive said:

On a lark I bought a pxg battle ready putter and have had it in the bag the last couple of rounds. So far so good. Nice look and feel, and a lot less expensive than camerons or other high end putters.

Same here. I got a Bat Attack along with a 0811 X driver about 3 weeks ago. I have been wanting a #7 looking putter with a plumber's neck for years. So far I'm enjoying this. 

Edited by Scootre
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Dpavs said:

I do think the drivers are very good but does anyone else feel like you should have a pair of golf shoes that look like these.

image.png.77f4ec99843b7953a0e9495d37479e59.png

to go with this...

image.png.343aafa2cc29dd0a3b90ee678bed110d.png

I had some back in the mid `70s....Corfam!

The worst material ever used for a golf shoe...like wearing heavy plastic.  My feet were sore every time I played....but they were fairly waterproof!

MENS BEN HOGAN DUPONT CORFAM GOLF SHOES MINT! 11.5C | #131650810 (worthpoint.com)

Edited by BirdieBob
  • Like 1

DRIVERS (TBD):  PXG BLACK OPS TOUR 8*,  BLACK OPS TOUR 10.5*,  BLACK OPS STD 8*;  Vanquish 4TX / Diamana WB 53x / GD AD-VF 5s / Ventus TR Black 5x / HZRDUS G4 Black 6.0 / Kaili White, Blue, Red 60x / Tensei AV Raw White/Blue 65x / Diamana S+ 60x

FAIRWAYS:  TAYLORMADE STEALTH 2+ FAIRWAYS/HYBRIDS:  R13.5( FW Rocket TI), 12.8*, Kaili White/Blue 70X;  #3 FW, 15.0*, Kaili Blue 70X/Red 75X;  #4 FW TI, 16.6*, Kaili White 70TX;  #6 FW TI, 20.3*, Kaili White 80TX;  #3 HY 19.5*, Kaili White 90TX; #4 HY 22*, Kaili White 90X

PXG GEN5 0311X, Black Label Elite, 22*, Accra TZFive, 105DI, M5

PXG 0317T, Xtreme Dark, 4 - GW, LAGP L Series, X

PXG  GEN0311XP, Double Black, 4 - LW, LAGP L Series, X

TAYLORMADE P7TW, 5 - GW, LAGP L Series, X

PXG 0311 Sugar Daddy II Milled Wedges, Xtreme Dark, 54*/10, 56*/10, 58*/10, 62*/10; // LAGP L Series, S

SCOTTY CAMERON CONCEPT X 7.2 LTD,  LAGOLF P 135g shaft // LAGOLF BEL-AIR X Forged Carbon Putter // TOULON GARAGE - Austin Custom Rose Gold // STEWART GOLF Q Follow Electric Cart..Carbon // SKYCADDIE SX550 // COBALT Q6 Slope

Sort of losing my honeymoon phase with the Gen4 X with HZRDUS Yellow 60. It was a good change at first but my driving has become erratic lately and just don’t seem to have any feel for where the head is. I do really like the head so might have to check BST to see what’s available as far as X shafts go. 

2 hours ago, BirdieBob said:

I had some back in the mid `70s....Corfam!

The worst material ever used for a golf shoe...like wearing heavy plastic.  My feet were sore every time I played....but they were fairly waterproof!

MENS BEN HOGAN DUPONT CORFAM GOLF SHOES MINT! 11.5C | #131650810 (worthpoint.com)

Lol, I was actually looking at the Gen 4's again today... and it made me think of that style shoe having been worn by some back in the day. Never had a pair myself, but I sure remember them!

• Haha 1

Here's what ive got ... 3 rounds in w the Xstiff & 3 things ...

1) This head w heavy wt in toe & stiff shaft is a phaser (not taking user error in to account)

2) I've hit 2 of my longest drives of the yr w this setup (don't get me wrong I've hit skankers) & 1 w the stock 60 Diamana

3) The 0811x proto is just a helluva deal if you're in market for a new, long, adjustable driver

I'm happy ... just need to start off loading sticks 🏌‍♂️

• Like 2

For those that ordered the Gen 4 driver did you receive two headcovers? My driver arrived a few weeks ago with the Premium driver headcover (black with red stitching) and just assumed it was because they ran out of headcovers. Today I received a package from PXG and it is the standard Gen 4 headcover with a magnet. 

Taylor Made BRNR 11.5*

Taylor Made Stealth 2 + 5 wood

Honma TR21 7 wood

Honma TW-X 5-11

Edel SMS 54*, 58*

Scotty Cameron Newport 2

1 hour ago, pdxhak said:

For those that ordered the Gen 4 driver did you receive two headcovers? My driver arrived a few weeks ago with the Premium driver headcover (black with red stitching) and just assumed it was because they ran out of headcovers. Today I received a package from PXG and it is the standard Gen 4 headcover with a magnet. 

Their customer service is so good they sent you the correct one and not holding up your driver shipment because they were out of the correct one. Just saying. 

• Like 4

Mizuno ST-Z 230 9.5 Diamana T+ 60s
Mizuno ST-Z 15* Diamana T+ 60s 

TM Sim2 Max 19 Hybrid Ventus 7-S

Mizuno Pro 225 4-GW DG 105 S300
Mizuno T24 Denim 54S/58V DG S400

L.A.B. DF 2.1 Broomstick

1 hour ago, pdxhak said:

Yes that is what happened - they ran out and put a note in that said the leather one was for the interim and they sent the right one later.  That is a $65 headcover.  

I am absolutely loving everything Gen 4.  I had the 9º and 10.5º both small minus and both awesome.  It is amazing once you lock in your clubs - being a perennial club ho, I can say that for the first time in many years I have no inkling to tinker.  I need to get off my butt and purge the many benchwarmers.

• Like 2

PXG Gen 5 0311 9º, Kai'li Blue, Titleist TSr3, 9º, Ventus Blue

Titleist TSr2, 15º fw, GD Tour AD IZ

Titleist TSr2, 20º fw, GD Tour AD IZ

Titleist TSi2, 21º Hy, GD Tour AD IZ

Titleist TSi2, 24º Hy, GD Tour AD IZ

Titleist T150 6-48º Tensei AV Blue AM2

Vokey SM9 54º, 60º, Tensei AV Blue AM2

L.A.B. Golf DF3, MEZZ.1 Max reg & Broom,  MEZZ.1, DF 2.1 Reg & Broom

No room to list Bench Warmers 🙂

23 minutes ago, pdxhak said:

Awesome thanks for the feed back. I figured that is what happened. Small gestures like this will definitely earn a lot more business from me!

PXG has not been perfect and they have had a number of goofs, but the biggest thing in their favor for me is that they continue to change and develop and it is pretty clear that they are moving in the right direction overall and they care about their customers - which is very cool IMO.

The only problem for them is that the Gen 4 clubs are awesome and even club ho's may no longer be ho'ing clubs 🙂 

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Has anyone compared the X and XT driver? I don't see a lot of reviews on the XT but at 7.5*, I'm intrigued

Taylormade Sim 9° (set to 7°) - Fuji 53k X 

Cobra Rad Speed Tour 5 Wood 16° - Speeder 757 Evo TS X

Mizuno MP Fli Hi 18° - C Taper 125 S+
Mizuno MP Fli Hi 23° - C Taper 120 S
Srixon z785 5-PW - KBS TourV X

Cleveland ZipCore 50° - Tour S400
Ping Glide Pro Forged 54°/ Eye Toe 59°  - Tour S400
Seemore mFGP2 
Podcast - "Rough Fairways - A Journey to the PGA Tour" available on Spotify - Pandora - Apple

I have a 19* Proto X hybrid on the way.  It shipped three days after I ordered it.  

Ping G430 Max 9* Fujikura Ventus Velocore Blue 6X
Ping G425 Max 14.5 Alta CB 65S
Callaway Rogue ST Max 18* Tensei Blue 75S

PXG 0211 XCOR2 5-GW
Titleist SM9  52*F 56*D and 60*D
L.A.B. Link1/Scotty Newport
Srixon Z Star XV

9 hours ago, PixlPutterman said:

Has anyone compared the X and XT driver? I don't see a lot of reviews on the XT but at 7.5*, I'm intrigued

I did. XT has a different shaped head and is a good driver. I went with X since it is slightly more forgiving and the launch/spin numbers were consistently better. If you're a high swing speed player and consistent ball striker, XT will work IMO. All Gen4 drivers are good, just got to find the one which works best for you. 

43 minutes ago, snagy2000 said:

I did. XT has a different shaped head and is a good driver. I went with X since it is slightly more forgiving and the launch/spin numbers were consistently better. If you're a high swing speed player and consistent ball striker, XT will work IMO. All Gen4 drivers are good, just got to find the one which works best for you. 

Seems like the XT is the SLDR 430 and the X is the SLDR 460 lol.

Wish I could check them out locally

Seemore mFGP2 
Podcast - "Rough Fairways - A Journey to the PGA Tour" available on Spotify - Pandora - Apple

57 minutes ago, snagy2000 said:

Both 460...Different head shapes help promote different flight patterns...All info on website...

I meant more in playability wise not actual size

Seemore mFGP2 

17 hours ago, PixlPutterman said:

Seems like the XT is the SLDR 430 and the X is the SLDR 460 lol.

Wish I could check them out locally

Where do you live? It seems pxg's change in pricing includes opening of fitting centers in a lot of places. PXG Orlando will iron soon. 

I knew they would.have to change distribution somehow, with this new competitive pricing model. Seems that distribution change is them opening their own stores. 

Bad news for me...pxg Orlando will be a 15 minute drive. Oh boy

Edited by getitdaily
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, getitdaily said:

Where do you live? It seems pxg's change in pricing includes opening of fitting centers in a lot of places. PXG Orlando will iron soon. 

I knew they would.have to change distribution somehow, with this new competitive pricing model. Seems that distribution change is them opening their own stores. 

I'm in Boise Idaho, there's a golf course near me that has a PXG fitting van but the guy that runs it never returned any of my messages

Seemore mFGP2 

PXG is opening more stores but they are also changing from range fittings to more indoor fittings.  I find this a negative.  You can request a range fitting but it is not the standard process for them now - here in Cincinnati

Gen4 X with a Diamana ZF is a beast for me. Very long and very forgiving. Best driving rounds in a long time. 

• Like 2

L.A.B. DF 2.1 Broomstick

Same for me...My Gen4 X with a Smoke Green shaft is best driver combo I've ever had....has helped me get me Handicap to lowest its ever been, started season in April as a 14.1 and as of last thursday dropped it to a 9.8. 💪

• Like 3

Driver:  MIZUNO ST-G 440 (9.5d) - Lin-Q Red 60s

Fwy:  MIZUNO ST-G Titanium 3w (15) - Lin-Q Red 60s

Fwy:  COBRA F6 Baffler (19) - Hzrdus Red 75/6.0
Hybrid:  COBRA F7 Hybrid (22) - Tour Blue 85s

Iron:  MIZUNO Pro 245 (5 - G) - Recoil Proto 125 F4
Wedge:  MIZUNO T24 Denim Copper (54/10) - Recoil Wedge Proto F4     
Wedge:  TAYLORMADE Hi-Toe Copper (60/10) - Recoil Wedge Proto F4

Putter:  LAJOSI DD201 Copper Flow or MANNKRAFTED MA-55 Flow
Bag:  BENNINGTON LQO-9 Stand Bag or Ogio Silencer Cart

40 minutes ago, eddiebigeddie said:

Same for me...My Gen4 X with a Smoke Green shaft is best driver combo I've ever had....has helped me get me Handicap to lowest its ever been, started season in April as a 14.1 and as of last thursday dropped it to a 9.8. 💪

Nice!!!! Hdcp coming down is awesome. Driving the ball well makes all the difference. 

• Like 1

L.A.B. DF 2.1 Broomstick

26 minutes ago, OspreyCI said:

Nice!!!! Hdcp coming down is awesome. Driving the ball well makes all the difference. 

Haha - this is the understatement of the year.  It is huge, but I think it is confidence in your clubs to fit you - once you reach it you start playing golf. I have gotten 6 of my playing buddies to start into PXG - many have also dialed in clubs on my GC Quad.  The woods are super adjustable to change to match the player.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, ajlacombe said:

Haha - this is the understatement of the year.  It is huge, but I think it is confidence in your clubs to fit you - once you reach it you start playing golf. I have gotten 6 of my playing buddies to start into PXG - many have also dialed in clubs on my GC Quad.  The woods are super adjustable to change to match the player.

100% agree. Was fit into my Gen3 P irons and now playing the best golf in many years. Have my bag set now and just playing. No more guess work. Just go hit shots. 

• Like 2

L.A.B. DF 2.1 Broomstick

Recently fitted for a PXG 0811X Gen 4 in the Atlanta PXG store.  Great experience overall.  It costs $50 for a driver fitting, but then you can get your club shipped to the store free of charge (instead of $30 shipping fee to your home).  I came in with my current driver (G400 Max with an ATTAS Coool shaft) and my list of complaints (dispersion too high, trouble turning over the clubhead causing a fade/slice, losing the club head mid swing, etc.).  I went into the store thinking I was going to get the XF with a Ventus shaft.  After realizing I needed less spin, I went with the X with heel weight over the XF.  Tried the Ventus Blue and Black, GD VR, and Diamana before settling on the Tensei Pro Orange.  The setup brought dispersion way down and allowed me to actually draw the ball a bit (which I wasn't able to do with the G400 Max), all while adding about 10 yards of distance onto my drives.

• Like 3

Driver:    Taylormade SIM2, Graphite Design ADVR

Fairway: Ping G410 Rogue Silver 110

Hybrid:   Ping G410 KBS Prototype

Irons:      Srixon ZX5 MKii, Accra iCWT115

Wedges: Ping Glide 4.0, 46, 50, 54, 58

Putter:    Kevin Burns

Ball:        Wilson Triad

23 minutes ago, Dash Boogie said:

Recently fitted for a PXG 0811X Gen 4 in the Atlanta PXG store.  Great experience overall.  It costs $50 for a driver fitting, but then you can get your club shipped to the store free of charge (instead of $30 shipping fee to your home).  I came in with my current driver (G400 Max with an ATTAS Coool shaft) and my list of complaints (dispersion too high, trouble turning over the clubhead causing a fade/slice, losing the club head mid swing, etc.).  I went into the store thinking I was going to get the XF with a Ventus shaft.  After realizing I needed less spin, I went with the X with heel weight over the XF.  Tried the Ventus Blue and Black, GD VR, and Diamana before settling on the Tensei Pro Orange.  The setup brought dispersion way down and allowed me to actually draw the ball a bit (which I wasn't able to do with the G400 Max), all while adding about 10 yards of distance onto my drives.

Nice. Great setup.  Enjoy and let us know how you hit it on the course. 

L.A.B. DF 2.1 Broomstick

On 10/31/2021 at 1:54 PM, getitdaily said:

Where abouts is it going to be? I will be there for the month of march and will definitely be checking it out