Hey fellas, need some input here:

Currently game the P750's with TT DG X7's. Standard length. I've had them what will be going on three years or my third season with them. I personally love them. 

Now all that being said, I have thought about just reshafting them. My swing has gotten smoother to wear I was thinking of putting TT X100's in there. But a reshaft will run $300-400 once it's all said and done.

Now I could sell them and just pay the difference for new clubs.

So to sum it up, do I reshaft or get new irons?

Was thinking of the P7MC which i hit and like. Was thinking of the Srixon ZX7's or the JPX 919/921 Tours. 

I'm a fan of the look at address of the 750's. Not a huge fan of thicker top lines. I know looks aren't everything but they do play a part. 

Any thoughts are welcomed. Thanks!

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

From what I’ve seen, unless you already have the shafts, or if you have the tools and no how to DIY, it’s pretty expensive to reshaft older clubs when you factor in grips, shaft and labor. It’s still

I've personally played both of those iron shafts and subjectively prefer the the X100s vs. the X7s. If you're worried about making that step down, you could always bridge the delta by hard-stepping th

You've really got to test out the Srixon ZX7's.  Really forgiving for the type of iron and solid feeling at impact.  

Posted Images

1 hour ago, gevans24 said:

Hey fellas, need some input here:

Currently game the P750's with TT DG X7's. Standard length. I've had them what will be going on three years or my third season with them. I personally love them. 

Now all that being said, I have thought about just reshafting them. My swing has gotten smoother to wear I was thinking of putting TT X100's in there. But a reshaft will run $300-400 once it's all said and done.

Now I could sell them and just pay the difference for new clubs.

So to sum it up, do I reshaft or get new irons?

Was thinking of the P7MC which i hit and like. Was thinking of the Srixon ZX7's or the JPX 919/921 Tours. 

I'm a fan of the look at address of the 750's. Not a huge fan of thicker top lines. I know looks aren't everything but they do play a part. 

Any thoughts are welcomed. Thanks!

I've personally played both of those iron shafts and subjectively prefer the the X100s vs. the X7s. If you're worried about making that step down, you could always bridge the delta by hard-stepping the X100s. 

In terms of budgetary options:

- You could probably offset a portion of the $300-$400 reshaft expenditure, given that X7's aren't that common, you could probably offset a portion of the cost by reselling those pulls (+/- $150-$200)

- Alternatively, if you don't love the look of the 750s, making a wholesale change may be your better option. New irons are obviously going to set you back; but you could probably offset a decent chunk of that downstroke by reselling your 750s for $500-$700.

Another couple irons to check out if you're not opposed to Titleist:

- T100/T100s(bent weak to minimize offset)

- Or go back a gen to save some $'s with the 718 CBs

Good luck!

• Thanks 1

From what I’ve seen, unless you already have the shafts, or if you have the tools and no how to DIY, it’s pretty expensive to reshaft older clubs when you factor in grips, shaft and labor. It’s still cheaper (generally) to do than getting new irons, but it could be 50% or more of the cost of new irons. From there it’s up to you if you can justify the difference in cost, and it’s a personal decision. For those level irons, the tech won’t be significantly different year over year, but when you factor in what you might get for selling your current set, the cost difference will be minimal. 

as many of golfwrx people would say, always go for something new

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
4 minutes ago, SugarLandGolfer said:

From what I’ve seen, unless you already have the shafts, or if you have the tools and no how to DIY, it’s pretty expensive to reshaft older clubs when you factor in grips, shaft and labor. It’s still cheaper (generally) to do than getting new irons, but it could be 50% or more of the cost of new irons. From there it’s up to you if you can justify the difference in cost, and it’s a personal decision. For those level irons, the tech won’t be significantly different year over year, but when you factor in what you might get for selling your current set, the cost difference will be minimal. 

That's kinda along the line with my thinking, I don't think the tech is much different from then to now. But new is new, little sharper grooves, less dings and dents, maybe a bit truer lofts and lies than 3 year old irons. Etc.

5 minutes ago, SugarLandGolfer said:

I just like the feel of the X100's a hard step might be the way to go. I've also toyed around with the idea of going to 6.5's but there's a loss of feel there but not a ton. Less spin for sure. 

IDK I will have to take a longer look into it haha

Will 3g lighter make much difference?  Same shaft otherwise...x7 only slightly stiffer due to weight.

I do notice that the x100 has a butt dia. of 0.600 while the x7 is 0.610.  Appears that the 3g may be in the butt in the x7.

The x7 is more comparable to the PX 7.0..see chart below.  So, for somewhat more significant change perhaps a PX 6.5 shaft would be worth the try.

1329908777_x110vsx7.jpg.112c5d39313b8e7a4335f33a1f5a3873.jpg

1209741466_x7vspx7.jpg.98e9ef31134ceefa4740ba3827712019.jpg

Edited by BirdieBob
  • Like 1

CALLAWAY Customs (Black w/Silver) "The FREAK" Mavrik Sub Zero Driver, 9*, Accra TZ6/M5 72g X
CALLAWAY Mavrik Sub Zero 3 Wood, 15*, Accra TZ6/M5 80g X
CALLAWAY Super Hybrid, 18*, NS Pro Modus Hybrid GOST 102g X
TAYLORMADE SIM2 RESCUE, 22*, Diamana Thump 105g X
TAYLORMADE P790 - 4, 5, 6, PX IO 6.5
CALLAWAY APEX 21 TOUR CB, 5 - GW, PX IO/LS 6.5

TAYLORMADE MG2 52/9, DG TI x100; Hi-Toe 55/9, DG TI s400; MG2 60/8, DG TI s400 ONYX
VOKEY SM8 "BIRDIE BOB" CUSTOM BRUSHED STEEL, 52/9F, DG TI x100; 58/8M, DG TI s400 ONYX 
TOULON GARAGE Austin Custom Rose Gold

SCOTTY CAMERON Santa Fe T3 Custom Antique Copper

49 minutes ago, gevans24 said:

I just like the feel of the X100's a hard step might be the way to go. I've also toyed around with the idea of going to 6.5's but there's a loss of feel there but not a ton. Less spin for sure. 

IDK I will have to take a longer look into it haha

I too have played x7's, x100's, PX 6.5, & PX 7.0; IMO, the stepless design of the PX's make them "feel" quite a bit more stout relative to the X100s. Although 3g of incremental weight doesn't seem like a huge difference, the higher starting point of the x7's step pattern makes them play quite a bit stouter relative to the x100's. Attached is a CPM chart comparing the DGs to the PXs and some others that another WRX'er compiled/posted a while back. This isn't the end-all be all and CPM does NOT equal feel given how subjective the latter is based on how you load a shaft. But it's directionally helpful none the less. 

20201241_ShaftCPMChart.webp

28 minutes ago, eth4and said:

I too have played x7's, x100's, PX 6.5, & PX 7.0; IMO, the stepless design of the PX's make them "feel" quite a bit more stout relative to the X100s. Although 3g of incremental weight doesn't seem like a huge difference, the higher starting point of the x7's step pattern makes them play quite a bit stouter relative to the x100's. Attached is a CPM chart comparing the DGs to the PXs and some others that another WRX'er compiled/posted a while back. This isn't the end-all be all and CPM does NOT equal feel given how subjective the latter is based on how you load a shaft. But it's directionally helpful none the less. 

20201241_ShaftCPMChart.webp 236.13 kB · 3 downloads

Well I had a set of 6.0's in my wedges and I actually liked them a good bit. But with my SS and tempo I would need the 6.5's. I neve pulled the trigger on them, I went with the X7's after doing some research and they've really helped my game. But as stated earlier they might be too harsh as my swing and tempo have gotten considerably better. 

2 hours ago, BirdieBob said:

Will 3g lighter make much difference?  Same shaft otherwise...x7 only slightly stiffer due to weight.

I do notice that the x100 has a butt dia. of 0.600 while the x7 is 0.610.  Appears that the 3g may be in the butt in the x7.

The x7 is more comparable to the PX 7.0..see chart below.  So, for somewhat more significant change perhaps a PX 6.5 shaft would be worth the try.

1329908777_x110vsx7.jpg.112c5d39313b8e7a4335f33a1f5a3873.jpg

1209741466_x7vspx7.jpg.98e9ef31134ceefa4740ba3827712019.jpg

I think the 6.5 might be worth a go. Not quite as harsh as the X7 but still stiff enough. I tend to lean more towards the stiffer of the irons. I have more confidence that I can step on it and it can handle it. I played the 6.0's in my wedges and I did like them. I just never gave the 6.5's a go. I feel like they could be in between the X7's and X100 TI.