Help me find the power leak

Contact is good 90% of the time. Flight pattern is a draw but miss is a pull draw or the occasional high push. I know a lot of that is due to the incredibly strong grip that I’m trying to weaken up a touch. Personally feel like I get a fuller turn and maybe a bit more aggressive leg action. I have dropped about 30lbs and feel that has affected my timing a bit. 

let me know what you see other than my poor choice in pants. Haha 

Chris-P

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Good job on the weight loss! I wish I was tough enough to lose some.  You got the club way shut and don’t have the pivot to support that.  The mechanism that you are using to keep the face open is tha

Good job on the weight loss! I wish I was tough enough to lose some.  You got the club way shut and don’t have the pivot to support that.  The mechanism that you are using to keep the face open is that your head is working down and back through the hit.  Because your head is working down and back through the hit, your path will always be well out to the right and then etc. etc.. etc... etc....

So, first of all, you need to lay down a something on the ground when you practice so that you know where you’re aimed. For the down the line video that ball came down about 75 yards left of where you were aimed. You need to know where you’re actually aimed so you begin understand how to hit it where you’re looking. 
Second, you need to make your right hand grip closer to standard. I make my students align the right palm with the target then grip the shaft. Palm on the side, you’ve got the palm underneath.  Make the change, yeah it’s gonna feel weird.  Yeah your full swing will suck for a while but your chipping and pitching will improve by miles and you need to make that change to have any chance of legitimate improvement. 

After that begin to work on keeping your head in the shot. You can feel your nose on top of the ball, you can put the logo on the ball such that it will disappear if your head moves backward, you can put an alignment stick into an old shaft then stick that by your right ear,.... etc. but, after you get the alignment and the grip, the head movement is the next piece.  

• Like 1
On 1/20/2021 at 9:06 AM, highpro said:

Good job on the weight loss! I wish I was tough enough to lose some.  You got the club way shut and don’t have the pivot to support that.  The mechanism that you are using to keep the face open is that your head is working down and back through the hit.  Because your head is working down and back through the hit, your path will always be well out to the right and then etc. etc.. etc... etc....

So, first of all, you need to lay down a something on the ground when you practice so that you know where you’re aimed. For the down the line video that ball came down about 75 yards left of where you were aimed. You need to know where you’re actually aimed so you begin understand how to hit it where you’re looking. 
Second, you need to make your right hand grip closer to standard. I make my students align the right palm with the target then grip the shaft. Palm on the side, you’ve got the palm underneath.  Make the change, yeah it’s gonna feel weird.  Yeah your full swing will suck for a while but your chipping and pitching will improve by miles and you need to make that change to have any chance of legitimate improvement. 

After that begin to work on keeping your head in the shot. You can feel your nose on top of the ball, you can put the logo on the ball such that it will disappear if your head moves backward, you can put an alignment stick into an old shaft then stick that by your right ear,.... etc. but, after you get the alignment and the grip, the head movement is the next piece.  

Thanks!  I definitely see did not see my head going down and back during the swing. 

I’ve been struggling with that super strong grip for years but I think the trick of having the palm face the target will help ingrain that feeling. 

Chris-P

Crp,

Your head has NO choice but to * go down and back * when you make such and extreme ,unnecessary lateral movement with your lower body in your DS your GENETICALLY DESIGNED BALANCE MECHANISM will ALWAYS kick - in / engage to keep you from falling and damaging that computer on top of your head - and you CAN’T alter or change this embedded little GENETICS- thingie !  If the LEGS make such a pronounced movement you would fall over forward if your upper torso didn’t lean back in the opposite direction to counter balance it’s TORSO !

No doubt you HOLD the grip end of the shaft with your HANDS way to far turned to the right . One thing to consider is the HANDS most important task in our life is - ** to bring food to our mouth ** and , like me , you can certainly believe that ! I am losing also ! Good luck with that ! The HANDS are GENETICALLY DESIGNED to come back to the center line of our torso PALMS TOGETHER - THUMBS FACING UPWARD IN A PRAYER POSITION - and also hanging in their normal comfortable place beside our HIPS . 
    You obviously PULL the shaft down properly from the inside ! You also are trying to keep your DOMINANT HANDS ( especially the most DOMINANT ( your right ) facing skyward during your DS and NOT ROLL OVER , TURN DOWN as they are naturally designed . All good things . If the way you hold the grip end Is something you prefer not to change you need to understand how much more effort you need to KEEP YOUR DOMINANT RIGHT HAND FACING SKYWARD even more ! It is the turning of the TORSO arhat squares the club face , NOT THE HANDS !

Next time you practice drop that ball about 6-8 back in your stance ! Having it that forward out in front causes those PULLS / HOOKS even more BC THE FACE IS CLOSING so much before impact ! Has to go left ! 
  ** Lead with the heel and you will be a big wheel - lead with the toe and- LEFT IT WILL GO ! Good luck !