• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

These prices have been going on since the beginning of the year 

Your ire aside, $135 for a brand new hybrid and $145 for a brand new fairway wood is a solid deal.

Fake pricing or not....the Gen 2 irons were down to $125 each a few days ago. One of the best deals Ive seen in golf equipment.    Ordered:  4-PW in 0311T gen 2 4-G in 0211 (new mo

Posted Images

6 hours ago, sukkeun78 said:

Was looking at driver and hybrid...but $60 shipping was making me reconsider....Clubs are great deal though

Forgive me if Iam wrong, but I think that Discount Dans will do free/lesser shipping on PXG stuff.  Many, including myself, have dealt with them in the past and they are top notch.  

16 hours ago, brkuck said:

Forgive me if Iam wrong, but I think that Discount Dans will do free/lesser shipping on PXG stuff.  Many, including myself, have dealt with them in the past and they are top notch.  

Does one lose the money back guarantee if they purchase through Discount Dans?

PXG 0811 X Proto
PXG 0314 X GEN2 3 Wood
PXG 0317 X GEN2 Hybrids 2, 4

PXG 0311 GEN2 SGI 5-G
Titleist Vokey SM7 52 & 56
Ping TR Nome

Deleted. Responded to wrong thread. Sorry🙄

Edited by JermWRX
Wrong thread

Big Bertha B21 Driver 9* Riptide 65X

Sim Ti 3W Hzrdus Smoke Yellow 70X

Sim Max 5W EvenFlow Blue 75X

M4 7HL EvenFlow Black 75X

SIM Max 6H Ventus Stiff

G710 7-U Modus 105X

PM Grind ‘19 Tour Grey 54(bent to 52), 56 & 60

Ping Vault 2.0 B60 Copper

8 minutes ago, Dpavs said:

They dropped several prices again yesterday including the new 0211 irons which is now $99 per or $94 per if you order over the phone. That extra 40 off  on a set of 8 sure helps take the bite out of the $60 shipping.

Taking nothing away from the price drops, which is great, but the savings get eaten up quickly if lightweight MMT graphite or Elevate 95/Tour shafts don't work for you (that is, their no up-charge shaft selection sucks). 

• Like 1

Callaway Epic Max 9* Driver, Aldila Rogue White MSI 130 60 S
Callaway Epic Flash 5 and 7 Woods, Accra Fx 2.0 200F M4
Callaway Big Bertha ‘19 4 Hybrid, KBS Tour Hybrid Prototype 65 R
Wilson Staff C300 Forged Irons 5-GW, Aerotech Steelfiber i95 R
PXG 0311 SW (54*/14) and LW (58*/12), TT Elevate Tour S
Scotty Cameron 009-M Putter

So if I wanted to try a putter - a One and Done Armlock - and want to avoid the shipping charge ($30) can I order that through Discount Dan's?

Ping G410 LST 10.5 w/ Autoflex 505X or Tensei Pro Orange 60TX

TM Sim 15* w/ Graphite Design AD-DI 7S

Cobra F7 2-3hy w/ Matrix Ozik Red Tie 85s

Cobra Forged Tec (2020) One Length 4i-PW w/ KBS C-Taper Limited 120g

Bridgestone Tour B XW-1 50/54/58 w/ Nippon Modus 3 105S

Bettinardi Tour Issue DASS Kuchar Model 1 ("KM1") Armlock

Ball:  Srixon Z-Star XV

1 hour ago, jeffrey r said:

Taking nothing away from the price drops, which is great, but the savings get eaten up quickly if lightweight MMT graphite or Elevate 95/Tour shafts don't work for you (that is, their no up-charge shaft selection sucks). 

Agree on the shaft selection, especially regarding the steel shafts. It seems like they could offer a better selection of both their no charge and up-charge shafts. That said,  if I compare the 0211 to most other new offerings with say the Aerotech shafts ... the PXG are still hundreds less per set.

Their price drops are pretty crazy but great for people who need or want new gear. They are definitely making stuff that looks good performs well but they are losing that uber premium image in my mind. 

TaylorMade SIM Max 10.5 - Fujikura Motore X F3 6S

TaylorMade M3 3HL - Fujikura Motore X F3 7S

TaylorMade SIM2 Rescue 3 - Fujikura Ventus Blue 8S

TaylorMade P770 4-AW - Project X LZ 6.0

TaylorMade MG2 TW Grind 56 & 60 - True Temper Dynamic Gold Tour Issue S400

TaylorMade Spider FCG - KBS CT Tour

TaylorMade TP5X

18 hours ago, Dpavs said:

Agree on the shaft selection, especially regarding the steel shafts. It seems like they could offer a better selection of both their no charge and up-charge shafts. That said,  if I compare the 0211 to most other new offerings with say the Aerotech shafts ... the PXG are still hundreds less per set.

Not really. When you add up charge for shafts grips and the shipping, could come out much better on something like the 921 HMP. 

it was actually a much better deal last year when the the prices were higher and the up charge shafts were $25

• Like 1
4 hours ago, JackpotJohnny said:

Not really. When you add up charge for shafts grips and the shipping, could come out much better on something like the 921 HMP. 

it was actually a much better deal last year when the the prices were higher and the up charge shafts were $25

Not sure I see that at all.. if I price both with Aerotechs for example here is what I come up with for a set of 8 clubs-

JPX 921 HMP with Aerotechs - $1399.99 (modified to reflect a less erroneous MSRP after seeing that GG was up-charging 108 per shaft for the SF's!)
PXG 0211 with Aerotechs, choice of grips and shipping $1,284.00

Edited by Dpavs
1 hour ago, Dpavs said:

Not sure I see that at all.. if I price both with Aerotechs for example here is what I come up with for a set of 8 clubs-

JPX 921 HMP with Aerotechs - $1,863.99
PXG 0211 with Aerotechs, choice of grips and shipping $1,284.00

My bad on that. I thought the steel fibers were a no charge on the miz. 
Not sure how you got over 1800. When I built 8 it came out to just less than $20 difference between the 2 after PXG tax and shipping vs going thru DD for the HMP. 
And if you bought them last week @ 115 the HMP would have worked out to be $60 cheaper. 

another example is back in March when the hybrids were $225 and the pro 2.0 was free. In reality it was cheaper than it was last week when it was down to $130 + the 100 UC. 
They are doing a great marketing a “sale” while moving the goalposts on everyone, but aren’t really as good of deals as they seem. 

1 hour ago, JackpotJohnny said:

My bad on that. I thought the steel fibers were a no charge on the miz. 
Not sure how you got over 1800. When I built 8 it came out to just less than $20 difference between the 2 after PXG tax and shipping vs going thru DD for the HMP. 
And if you bought them last week @ 115 the HMP would have worked out to be $60 cheaper. 

another example is back in March when the hybrids were $225 and the pro 2.0 was free. In reality it was cheaper than it was last week when it was down to $130 + the 100 UC. 
They are doing a great marketing a “sale” while moving the goalposts on everyone, but aren’t really as good of deals as they seem. 

Initially I went to the GG website and did a custom build on 8 clubs. I think their site pricing must be wrong... just checked it at another site and MSRP was only 1399.00. Went back and looked at GG again and they are up-charging 108 per shaft for the SF's... sheesh! Modified my post to reflect the correction.

Spot on regarding the shifting pricing. It's a lot like you do with CPO. As the offers change, you might easily find that the new offer is not really as good as the old one.

I also think it gets dicey when we start going down the road of what is a fair comparison and what is not I guess. I think the answer to that is more subjective than anything else. What the perceived value is for any two different things is going to be different for each of us. 

Edited by Dpavs
1 hour ago, Dpavs said:

Initially I went to the GG website and did a custom build on 8 clubs. I think their site pricing must be wrong... just checked it at another site and MSRP was only 1399.00. Went back and looked at GG again and they are up-charging 108 per shaft for the SF's... sheesh! Modified my post to reflect the correction.

Spot on regarding the shifting pricing. It's a lot like you do with CPO. As the offers change, you might easily find that the new offer is not really as good as the old one.

I also think it gets dicey when we start going down the road of what is a fair comparison and what is not I guess. I think the answer to that is more subjective than anything else. What the perceived value is for any two different things is going to be different for each of us. 

And in my mind, that’s the real genius behind all of it. They are pissing off their core faction, and the entire  industry so much with their discounts, that people even can’t help themselves but continue to buy even more product..products that aren’t even really a deal to begin with. 

And thats not even getting into how the discounts are designed to push people into stock offerings they shouldn’t be in anyways, so they can make even more $. 
It’s either, get fit and pay extra on the up-charges, or buy stock at a discount and we make it up on volume escalators in our contracts with Mitsubishi, TT and lamkin. 
They aren’t loosing $ either way, and they are busier than ever, and are adding jobs to the economy in the middle of a national crisis. The whole thing is a master class in marketing and strategy. 

14 hours ago, JackpotJohnny said:

And in my mind, that’s the real genius behind all of it. They are pissing off their core faction, and the entire  industry so much with their discounts, that people even can’t help themselves but continue to buy even more product..products that aren’t even really a deal to begin with. 

And thats not even getting into how the discounts are designed to push people into stock offerings they shouldn’t be in anyways, so they can make even more $. 
It’s either, get fit and pay extra on the up-charges, or buy stock at a discount and we make it up on volume escalators in our contracts with Mitsubishi, TT and lamkin. 
They aren’t loosing $ either way, and they are busier than ever, and are adding jobs to the economy in the middle of a national crisis. The whole thing is a master class in marketing and strategy. 

True to some extent I suppose but I don't agree that these are not a good deal. I sincerely feel that the clubs PXG offers are really very, very good sticks and I think that if you took a club like the new 0211's and stuck a name like Callaway or TM on it.. you'd see even the PXG custom order pricing jacked up another 300-400 easily. In this regards I believe they are offering a good value and true bargain.

Edited by Dpavs
  • Like 1

I don't understand where PXG wants to go from here. They've built this reputation (deservedly or not) on high end performance for a high end price. That has come with a level of exclusiveness for the brand. However, for the past 6-9 months, they've been selling some clubs at over 50% off. I can't imagine that they can go back to selling at full price again, so will they shift the brand image to a bang for the buck company? Or maybe they look to emphasize more of their clothing line?

7 minutes ago, bmrowe said:

I don't understand where PXG wants to go from here. They've built this reputation (deservedly or not) on high end performance for a high end price. That has come with a level of exclusiveness for the brand. However, for the past 6-9 months, they've been selling some clubs at over 50% off. I can't imagine that they can go back to selling at full price again, so will they shift the brand image to a bang for the buck company? Or maybe they look to emphasize more of their clothing line?

I'm thinking if they might be working towards setting up 3 tiers of pricing for their clubs... not sure though... I am kind of waiting to see what they come out with for the Gen 4 series. That may tell us more about what direction they are heading.