Anyone Going Back to the Future this Season?

New releases are great and all, but I decided to go back a few seasons with two of my choices this coming season.  Going with a new to me Srixon 745/945 combo and Cobra F7 hybrids.  Although I am using the new Zipcores for wedges, and prob. Ping new release for driver/fairway, the bulk of my new clubs will be several seasons old (at least to start the season 😀).  Anyone else going new to them oldies?   

Edited by jt2gt
  • Like 2
  • Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Yup.  Bringing these back out for this year, and sold darn near everything else.  BeNi’s.  I love everything about them!

Going back to a set of J15 CB.... if those dont pan out I may put a set of Ping Eye 2+ in the bag.

New releases are great and all, but I decided to go back a few seasons with two of my choices this coming season.  Going with a new to me Srixon 745/945 combo and Cobra F7 hybrids.  Although I am usin

Posted Images

Just bought a Ping My Day putter that was made when I was born (1967).  Not nostalgia as much as I like that shape and all modern copy versions are heavier than I prefer.

Also putting the original Ping Rapture 14 deg 3W back (circa 2006 I believe) in bag for alternate tee shot.  I usually use driver but have room and there are a couple holes on my regular course that call for a bit less depending on wind.

They will be my only two Ping clubs to go with some brand new Srixon irons and couple years old Titleist woods, hybrids, wedges.

• Like 1

917D2 9.5 w/S+

2 x TS2 @ 16.5 and 21

2 x 818 H1 @ 22 and 26 w/AD-DI 95

ZX5 6i and ZX7 7i-PW - Modus 105

SM7 50-12, Vokey Forged 56-12K, SM6 58-12K @ 59

Ping MnBn MyDay

I’m going with my Nike VR S Forged irons to start the season.  Those were released back in 2012.  Also going with my older Glide 2 wedges.  Top of the bag is more recent with Sim Max D, M4 3HL, Sim Max 5w and 4h.

Taylormade SIM MAX driver 10.5 Ventus R
Taylormade SIM MAX 3w 15 Ventus R
Taylormade SIM MAX 5w 18 Ventus R
Taylormade SIM MAX 4h 22 Ventus R
PXG 0211 5-LW
Taylormade Spider X Chalk
OUUL Gator cart bag

I’m gaming a 2014 Tour Preferred MC/MB combo set of irons that I picked up in the Fall! Only got to use them a couple of weeks before the snow started falling, so can’t wait to give them a full season! Might pick up new irons next Winter on demo sale if it’s not a fit, but could easily end up loving them and giving them a couple of seasons + too!

Callaway Mavrik (10.5*) / Tensei AV Blue 65

Callaway Mavrik (15*) / Rogue White 130 M.S.I. 70

Srixon Z H85 (19*) / Hzrdus Black 6.0 85

TaylorMade P790 (4), (5-PW Coming soon...)

Cleveland RTX Zipcore (50-54-58 Mid) / Dynamic Gold Spinner

TaylorMade SOTO Tour Preferred (36")

🇨🇦

My newest clubs (PING G400 woods) were released in 2017.  My other clubs are from 2007 (Karsten Piper), 2010 (G10 XG and Eye2 XG), and 2011 (Karsten 1959 Anser X) respectively... 

Driver PING G400 SFT // TiSI (11.5*)

Fairway Wood Callaway Steelhead XR // GBB Hawk Eye (18*)

Irons PING G400 (5-7)/i200 (8-UW) // ISI-S (4-SW)

Wedge(s) PING Glide 2.0 Stealth ES (56*/60*) // Eye2 XG (60*)

Putter PING WRX Karsten 1959 Anser X // Anser X (35")

Bag Datrek DG Lite II // Superlite

Cart Clicgear 3.5+

Giving a Aldila Rip Phenom Nasty Long a try in my driver.  

Sim 10.5° set @ 8.5° - ALDILA RIP PHENOM NASTY LONG 60TX.

GBB 15° set at 13° - ACCRA TOUR Z RPG 472 M5+.

TS2 17° set @ 16 - ALDILA RIP ALPHA 85X.

Srixon U85 18° - STEELFIBER FC 90X.

Mizuno JPX900 Forged 4-G - DG X100.

SM7 54° & 58° - WEDGE FLEX.

Evnroll ER1TS 

On 1/21/2021 at 12:52 PM, jt2gt said:

New releases are great and all, but I decided to go back a few seasons with two of my choices this coming season.  Going with a new to me Srixon 745/945 combo and Cobra F7 hybrids.  Although I am using the new Zipcores for wedges, and prob. Ping new release for driver/fairway, the bulk of my new clubs will be several seasons old (at least to start the season 😀).  Anyone else going new to them oldies?   

I do have an Adams XTD hybrid in the bag. going to give cg14 wedges another run. i have a 54/58 set that was hardly used. and i've been thinking of swapping out my Apex hybrids for something a little easier to launch. The F7 hybrids might fit the bill. How are you getting along with them?

PING G410+ 9* TPO 60S 

Callaway Mini 1.5 14*

Cobra F6 Baffler 17.5*

Callaway Apex 20* AD DI 85s

Cleveland UHX 5 utility 23*

6-PW Srixon Z785 Modus 120S

50 Cleveland RTX 4

56 and 60, TM Hi Toe

EVNROLL ER3

I have been thinking about this a lot lately.  Going back to more recent future and bringing the double dots home.  We shall see what happens.  If this does not work, then I'm going back to bridgestone.  Which, I'll probably do regardless...

Titleist  TSi3 9* Oban Hashimoto LTD 65 04

Titleist TS3 15* Diamana S+ ltd Blueboard 70s tipped 1" 

Titleist U500 2i Fujikura Motore Speeder Tour Spec 9.8 hb

Callaway  18 X Forged UT 4i  Accra iCWT 105

Wilson Staff   CB 5-pw  Nippon Modus 125 stiff

National Custom Works   50, 53, 58  DG TI s400 Black Onyx

Cushman Custom   C&C 1.0 Welded Hex Flow Neck  KBS CT Tour Matte Black, Lamkin Deep Etch Full Cord

Bridgestone Tour B XS

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.