• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

When this thread was posted, I had seen his stuff on eBay and though "nice stuff, but I'm not a full price guy, so this isn't my cup of chowder." Then he posted this Palmer, and I've been looking for

This is the the ebay site for the owner of Golf Headquarters in Louisville, Tony McLaughlin.  He sold off most of his personal collection in this ebay store a couple of years ago.  This is all equipme

Fred Clark just picked up a set of 693Ts from this seller.  The seller has an incredible collection of woods he is now offering.

Posted Images

Well the location is Louisville KY.  I'd say everything is legitimate.  Others can chime in.  I have a Ben Hogan Tourney driver, same as what is offered, and it's got a serial #.  Not crazy about the high gloss finishes on most of the woods offered.  The BH Tourney 1, 3, 4 wood set has different finishes on each wood.  Nothing there is cheap but maybe he would take an offer.  The Byron Nelson Tourney driver is  I think rare.  Most Macgregor nelsons and hogans are not top of the line Tourneys, but both offerings on this site are Tourneys.  It was fun to peruse this collection, most look great, especially the re-chromed 985s.  Charley Penna would know a whole lot more than me. 

Edited by mocokid
  • Like 1

This is the the ebay site for the owner of Golf Headquarters in Louisville, Tony McLaughlin.  He sold off most of his personal collection in this ebay store a couple of years ago.  This is all equipment that he got from buying out a storage unit.  He walked me through the back rooms of his store and showed me what he has.  Absolutely unbelievable stuff. He is going to be listing new items for quite a while.  Classic iron sets in mint condition, persimmons, wedges putters.  I was drooling.  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Fred Clark just picked up a set of 693Ts from this seller.  The seller has an incredible collection of woods he is now offering.

693T crown face.jpeg

693T crown.jpeg

693T face.jpeg

693T sole.jpeg

• Like 4

Driver:  TaylorMade M3 440cc 9.5° (tour issue 9.9), Graphite Design Tour AD DI 6S   ||  3W:  TaylorMade M4 15° (small head), Graphite Design Tour AD DI 7S

Hybrid:  TaylorMade SLDR 2I Hybrid at 17°, Graphite Design Tour AD DI 8S  ||  Irons:  Ben Hogan Icon 4-PW, Nippon Modus3 Tour 120 stiff

Wedges:  Scratch Golf 1018 forged: 50°, 54°, 58°, Nippon Modus3 Tour 120 stiff ||  Putter: Byron Morgan custom Epic Day

Ball: Taylormade Tour Preferred (2016 ball)  ||  Bag: Sun Mountain Three 5 stand bag

26 minutes ago, Joe S said:

This is the the ebay site for the owner of Golf Headquarters in Louisville, Tony McLaughlin.  He sold off most of his personal collection in this ebay store a couple of years ago.  This is all equipment that he got from buying out a storage unit.  He walked me through the back rooms of his store and showed me what he has.  Absolutely unbelievable stuff. He is going to be listing new items for quite a while.  Classic iron sets in mint condition, persimmons, wedges putters.  I was drooling.  

I knew y'all would come through with the 411.  Clubs on that page are in immaculate condition.  Are they refinished? or original?

WITB - Persimmon, Rust, Wool, and Lead

25 minutes ago, joelco said:

I knew y'all would come through with the 411.  Clubs on that page are in immaculate condition.  Are they refinished? or original?

From what I have seen of the listings all are refinished.  The MacGregor woods should have face screws aligned exactly at 12, 3, 6, and 9 O'clock ( + ).  Most of the Macs on his listing page are aligned in a position of an X.  Also, many are reshafted.  None the less they're all in terrific condition.

• Like 1

Driver:  TaylorMade M3 440cc 9.5° (tour issue 9.9), Graphite Design Tour AD DI 6S   ||  3W:  TaylorMade M4 15° (small head), Graphite Design Tour AD DI 7S

Hybrid:  TaylorMade SLDR 2I Hybrid at 17°, Graphite Design Tour AD DI 8S  ||  Irons:  Ben Hogan Icon 4-PW, Nippon Modus3 Tour 120 stiff

Wedges:  Scratch Golf 1018 forged: 50°, 54°, 58°, Nippon Modus3 Tour 120 stiff ||  Putter: Byron Morgan custom Epic Day

Ball: Taylormade Tour Preferred (2016 ball)  ||  Bag: Sun Mountain Three 5 stand bag

58 minutes ago, Joe S said:

He is now in my saved sellers list on eBay.  Some great stuff.

The Bag...

Stan Thompson Reactionizer Persimmon woods 1-4
Peerless Palmer 3-SW

Macgregor Bobby Grace M6.4K 

2 hours ago, joelco said:

From what I saw most of the items are original.  There could be some refinished items in though.  I'll ask next time in in there.  

Know nothing about the eBay seller referenced.  But I went and had a look.  Some nice merchandise being offered, of the pricer variety.  Don't need any primo persimmon that are to nice to take afield and muck them around trying to hit a golf ball.  However, there's a set (1, 3, 5) of Cleveland Classic USA Dunaway's, listed as "new", that looks especially tasty.  While stained heads are always fashionable,  sure like the look of basic black.  

Good thing they have S400's installed as a restraint.  To prevent doing anything spontaneously foolish.  Why does classic persimmon always seem to come with S400's?  Already have enough around, and to much shaft for me to play effectively.  

Alas, all that's remains is the imagery.  

s-l1600.jpg.c8829e6724e8c3c89f2b83d3647132a9.jpg

• Like 4

Laissez les bons temps rouler!

OGA - Mitglied Nummer Sechs

19 hours ago, RobotDoctor said:

693T crown face.jpeg

693T crown.jpeg

693T face.jpeg

693T sole.jpeg

Yep saw those on PGS a few days ago

Driver--- Honma G1-X Stock Regular shaft

3W Callaway Steel Head UST 65 Pro Force Gold Stiff

2I-- 1980 Macgregor VIP Nike R steel shaft

Irons 4 thru PW 1980 Mac Vip Hogan Apex #2 shafts

SW Cleveland 588 56* S- 400 Sensicore

Putter Old Rusty Santa Fe Bulls Eye fluted shaft

Bag Old Ping Hoofer I had in my stash

4 hours ago, Fellaheen51 said:

Know nothing about the eBay seller referenced.  But I went and had a look.  Some nice merchandise being offered, of the pricer variety.  Don't need any primo persimmon that are to nice to take afield and muck them around trying to hit a golf ball.  However, there's a set (1, 3, 5) of Cleveland Classic USA Dunaway's, listed as "new", that looks especially tasty.  While stained heads are always fashionable,  sure like the look of basic black.  

Good thing they have S400's installed as a restraint.  To prevent doing anything spontaneously foolish.  Why does classic persimmon always seem to come with S400's?  Already have enough around, and to much shaft for me to play effectively.  

Alas, all that's remains is the imagery.  

s-l1600.jpg.c8829e6724e8c3c89f2b83d3647132a9.jpg

Great set.  I have these also brand new.   He looks to have collected most or all cleveland models.  Mike dunaway was a long drive champ.

1 hour ago, golfunderpar18 said:

Great set.  I have these also brand new.   He looks to have collected most or all cleveland models.  Mike dunaway was a long drive champ.

Saw him give exhibition and every drive same flight unlike all other long drive guys. Probably have seen 10 world long champs and he impressed me the most.

33 minutes ago, Swingingk said:

How might one look this seller up?  I used to do a lot of eBaying but haven't done so in a while.  There used to be an advanced search button beside the search bar but I can't find it any more.  Anyone??

Still there in my browser.  Allowing one to search by a number of parameters, including seller I.D.  Help you out in the interim.  Link to this seller's current listings:

https://www.ebay.com/sch/lougolfhq/m.html?item=203251260606&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2562  

Edited by Fellaheen51
  • Thanks 1

Laissez les bons temps rouler!

OGA - Mitglied Nummer Sechs

1 minute ago, Fellaheen51 said:

Still there in my browser.  Allowing one to search my a number of parameters, including seller I.D.  Help you out in the interim.  Link to this seller's current listings:

https://www.ebay.com/sch/lougolfhq/m.html?item=203251260606&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2562  

Thanks for the link.  It's probably the phone app itself.  I'll try my desktop computer - I'll bet things are more normal there.

31 minutes ago, Swingingk said:

Thanks for the link.  It's probably the phone app itself.  I'll try my desktop computer - I'll bet things are more normal there.

If you're using the ebay app, in the search bar, type "seller:lougolfhq" without the quotes.  It will take you to all his items.

Edited by NRJyzr
  • Thanks 1

The Ever Changing Bag!  A lot of mixing and matching
Driver: TM Original One 11.5* set to 10*, Aldila RIP Alpha 80 X, 43.5"
3w:  Cobra King LTD, Matrix 8m3 X, 42"
Hybrid:  TaylorMade Stage 2 Tour, NV105 S or DGS400

Irons grab bag:  3-PW Mizuno MP37, Recoil Proto 125 F4 (reshaft pending); 1-PW Golden Ram TW282 or Vibration Matched Golden Rams, RIP Tour 115 R (coin flipping for the reshaft project); 1i & 3-PW Golden Ram TW276, NV105 S
Wedges:  Dynacraft Dual Millled 52*, DGS400; Scratch 8620 DD 53*, SteelFiber i125 S; Ram Watson Scoring System 55*, DGX 7i shaft; Ram TG-898, DGS400; Ram TG-898, NV105 S; Wilson Staff PMP 58*, DGS300; Ram 1982 Commemorative Nickel 58*, Dynamic S; Ram TW282, DGS; Ram TW276, DGS; Ram Troon Grind 58*, Dynamic S; Maltby Design 60* mid sole, DGS400; Maltby Design 60* mid sole, NV105 S
Putter:  Snake Eyes Viper Tour Sv1, 34"
Balls: Wilson Staff Duo Professional or TaylorMade TP5

• 2 weeks later...