Got screwed by USPS now what?

nikeblades00

I bought a putter from a guy on eBay last week, it was scheduled for delivery today. About noon I got ebay alert saying it was delivered to my front porch. I went and looked and nothing was there. Strange. Then about an hour later I see the mail van delivering my mail and I figure they will walk the package to my door but nope they put mail in box and drive off. So I then call the 1-800 number and eventually talk to an agent and give them my tracking and they also said it shows as delivered but technically they deliver packages until 8pm on week days. I said but it says already it was delivered to my porch and she basically said that doesn't mean much 🤔. So I wait and still nothing came today. So what's my next action, is this my problem to deal with or the sellers?  What a joke, note to self do not use USPS as they have zero credibility. SMH

Find out which office services your area and speak to the post master. Hopefully the driver can remember where they delivered it, if it was indeed a misdeliver. I've had this happen a couple of times over the years but have always been lucky to get it back. Sometimes the post office also marks mail as delivered while it's still in the office that gets delivered the next day. No rhyme or reason for this , but it happens too.  Good luck

• Like 3

Thanks guys that makes sense. Even the Agent I spoke with said unfortunately sometimes they mark it as delivered when it first arrives to their hub even tho they shouldn't. I will wait another day. 

I also thought what if it got delivered to wrong house , I even did a quick drive up and down my street, luckily I have good neighbors and no one plays golf! 

I am 100% confident no one came to my porch today as I sat on my computer right by the window all day doing work.  Fingers crossed!

13 minutes ago, dbdors said:

The cynic in me says, they only mark it “delivered”, to “meet” the priority mail goals when they can’t deliver on time.

Im going to have to disagree with you there.  USPS quite proudly takes several weeks to deliver Priority and then they will cite Covid and unusually heavy mail load.  Priority just means they will attempt to be faster than their snail service.

1 hour ago, nikeblades00 said:

It's just beyond me how they can input it as delivered on front porch and it's still in the delivery vehicle. No accountability. I know FedEx takes pics of all deliveries for proof. I'm sure UPS has proof of delivery as well.

FedEx has delivered some of my packages to neighbors 5 miles away in another zip code too. All of them make mistakes but Usps is the leader in the clubhouse on the no accountability front. 
Hopefully you get your package tomorrow or Monday. 

• Like 2

I'll echo the experiences of the "non-deliveries" and it usually shows up 1-2 days later. The driver in my old neighborhood was pretty unreliable and it was fairly common to see a packaged updated as "delivered" late in the day when he was at the end of his route, meaning he either missed/forgot the package when making his rounds or he ran out of time and punted everything to the next day. 

Titleist TSi3 9* Tensei AV White 65TX 2.0 // Taylormade SIM 10.5* Ventus TR Blue 6TX
Taylormade Stealth+ 16* Ventus Black 8x // Taylormade SIM Ti V2 16.5* Ventus TR Blue 7X
Callaway Apex UW 19* Ventus Black 8x // Srixon ZX Utility MKII 19* Nippon GOST Prototype Hybrid 10
Callaway X-Forged Single♦️  22* Nippon GOST Hybrid Tour X 
Bridgestone 
J40 DPC 4i-7i 24*- 35* Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 7.0
Bridgestone J40 CB 8i-PW 39*- 48* Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 7.0

Taylormade Milled Grind Raw 54* Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 7.0
Vokey SM6 58* Oil Can Low Bounce K-Grind Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 7.0
Scotty Cameron Newport Tour Red Dot || Taylormade Spider X Navy Slant

32 minutes ago, nikeblades00 said:

Ha thanks guys. For some reason I'm feeling optimistic I will get it in the next few days , gotta love USPS!

NOPE.  Don't love USPS at all, they are a freakin' JOKE.  So worth it to pay a bit more for FedEx or UPS.  Ebay has significant savings on both those carriers if you purchase shipping labels through eBay, making the difference very minimal in most cases.

Edited by 5baytjd
  • Like 1

In my Datrek - DG lite II cart bag attached via Top-Lok to my Bag Boy - Quad XL - I'm decidedly brand agnostic:

PING - G400 Max 10.5 - Graphite Design Tour AD DI 5 R

Titleist - TS2 4W - Graphite Design Tour AD DI 6 RS TS2 7W - Alta CB 65 R

Cobra - Baffler 23* - Aldila NV-HL 65 R

PXG - 0211 (2019 version) - 5-PW - MMT 80 S

Cleveland - CBX2 50 / 54 / 58 - Rotex 

L.A.B. Golf - Directed Force 2.1 - KBS Tour - Press No. II 3*

Snell - MTB  Black

Back when I was doing a bunch of EBaying (mostly electric guitars and such) I would always use USPS.

Dozens of packages, and everything was delivered as promised and on time, except for one effect pedal that was delayed for a few days by a really heavy snow storm.

Also, USPS's insurance is actual insurance, not some bogus "declared value" as with UPS and FedEx.

• Like 1

Need to talk to the carrier and find out where the package was left.  If it shows delivered I would be very worried!

Maybe they placed it someplace else on your property?....Check around some.  I had one that was placed in an area that I never would have found it....carrier the next day showed me where he put it.

DRIVERS (TBD):  PXG BLACK OPS TOUR 8*,  BLACK OPS TOUR 10.5*,  BLACK OPS STD 8*;  Vanquish 4TX / Diamana WB 53x / GD AD-VF 5s / Ventus TR Black 5x / HZRDUS G4 Black 6.0 / Kaili White, Blue, Red 60x / Tensei AV Raw White/Blue 65x / Diamana S+ 60x

FAIRWAYS:  TAYLORMADE STEALTH 2+ FAIRWAYS/HYBRIDS:  R13.5( FW Rocket TI), 12.8*, Kaili White/Blue 70X;  #3 FW, 15.0*, Kaili Blue 70X/Red 75X;  #4 FW TI, 16.6*, Kaili White 70TX;  #6 FW TI, 20.3*, Kaili White 80TX;  #3 HY 19.5*, Kaili White 90TX; #4 HY 22*, Kaili White 90X

PXG GEN5 0311X, Black Label Elite, 22*, Accra TZFive, 105DI, M5

PXG 0317T, Xtreme Dark, 4 - GW, LAGP L Series, X

PXG  GEN0311XP, Double Black, 4 - LW, LAGP L Series, X

TAYLORMADE P7TW, 5 - GW, LAGP L Series, X

PXG 0311 Sugar Daddy II Milled Wedges, Xtreme Dark, 54*/10, 56*/10, 58*/10, 62*/10; // LAGP L Series, S

SCOTTY CAMERON CONCEPT X 7.2 LTD,  LAGOLF P 135g shaft // LAGOLF BEL-AIR X Forged Carbon Putter // TOULON GARAGE - Austin Custom Rose Gold // STEWART GOLF Q Follow Electric Cart..Carbon // SKYCADDIE SX550 // COBALT Q6 Slope

Having gone through this many times I'd call the local post office and tell them your situation. Hopefully that will give your delivery some attention. All you can do then is wait and see if it magically shows up in a few days. 

I know if you never receive it your out of luck because once it says delivered all involved considers it delivered and you wont get a refund.

One time I ordered a $200 fishing reel with signature. I was home the day it said it was delivered but I never received it. I called the local post office about it. I said I didn't sign for any package and yet it says delivered. I ask about the signature and I was told they would check into it.

Five days later a person from two blocks away knocks on my door and hands me my package. He said he was sorry it took so long to get my package to me. He said his son had picked it up off the front porch and brought it in the house and he was unaware of the package. So much for paying for signature confirmation. When I called the post office a second time and asked them who signed for it I got the run around again. When I told them what was done with my package the person said that happens sometimes. No accountability!

I had three things happen like this in the past year. 

1) delivered to neighbor who walked it down within a day

2) Attempted delivery- no access (there’s access but the carrier is behind) shows up the next day

3 delivered - but it’s not - on my porch the next day, which happened to be a Sunday. 

I think priority is insured for $100. If the tracking shows delivered the eBay seller is off the hook. 

by the way - I installed a Ring on my porch to observe deliveries. 

US Postal Service should go out of business.  They literally lose Millions every year and are garbage for customer service.  I just refunded a member $ 365 dollars for a set 

of Irons I shipped November 30th that still have not been delivered.   THEY DO NOT CARE !!!   I also had an empty shipping Tube that had a AD-DI GD Shaft in it an the seller lost 

his a** because they either stole the shaft or mishandled the package.   The carrier delivered an empty cardboard tube that weighed about 4 oz and open at both ends. 

• Sad 1

Titleist TSi3  ,Ventus Blue 6S  Velocore

Ping G425 14.5  Fairway ,Tensei  AV Orange 75

Ping G425 17.5 Fairway  ,Tensei  CK Orange 75

Ping Anser 23 degree Hybrid

OnOff 2015 Kuro Irons ,Nippon Modus Tour 120

Scratch 50 ,54,58 Wedges  ,Nippon WV 115 Wedge Shafts

Scotty Cameron Champions Choice Newport  2+ 

Titleist Pro V1x

2 minutes ago, nikeblades00 said:

Mailman just dropped off my mail today and still no package. Bummer. I just called USPS and they are starting an 'investigation'.  Thankfully it's not an expensive putter and it's under $100. At any point do I contact EBAY or just let the USPS investigate for now?

You're screwed......   I just received a Christmas card post marked December 10th.    They could care less

• Sad 1

Titleist TSi3  ,Ventus Blue 6S  Velocore

Ping G425 14.5  Fairway ,Tensei  AV Orange 75

Ping G425 17.5 Fairway  ,Tensei  CK Orange 75

Ping Anser 23 degree Hybrid

OnOff 2015 Kuro Irons ,Nippon Modus Tour 120

Scratch 50 ,54,58 Wedges  ,Nippon WV 115 Wedge Shafts

Scotty Cameron Champions Choice Newport  2+ 

Titleist Pro V1x

USPS has become really hit or miss unfortunately.  At my last home, mail delivery was like 99% perfect and the 1% was just anomalies.  At my new house, delivery is like a 75% proposition, in four months two wrong address deliveries, maybe a handful of marked delivered but arrive at 9PM, and I can’t count how many delivered and don’t show up for a day or two.  

I think it just depends on your delivery person, some care, some don’t, some just can’t handle the sheer increase. Best of luck.

It just got delivered the top of box was ripped and hanging by a thread and the putter grip was basically hanging out! But it survived, the head was protected. The mailvan reverses and parks in my driveway and my kids are like "dad wtf is the mail truck parked in our driveway" . Lol I said oh don't worry. She rang the door bell and apologized for the late delivery. So something tells me if I didn't start the investigation today I wouldn't of received it today. Oh well at least I got it!

• Like 2

lol. I can share same story. 

bought putter off ebay, showed delivered but nothing. I went to local PO and they did some research but nada. Pkg was delivered to a totally different address and was returned to me. THANK GOD for honesty!

Seller was super nice. He knew how terrible USPS was during holiday season and offered full refund. 

15 minutes ago, 1t2golf said:

Topic cleaned up.

A reminder to members old and new: "While debating and discussion are fine, we will not tolerate rudeness, insulting posts, personal attacks, or purposeless inflammatory posts." 

Thank you 

Woods: Callaway Rogue ST Max LS 9*, Ventus Blue 6S / TM Stealth Plus+, 15*, MCA Diamana Thump 75S
Hybrid: PXG 0317 X Proto 3H & 4H, Ventus Blue 7S

Irons: Takomo IRON 101, 5-PW, Accra T90i S
Wedges: Cleveland CBX ZipCore  48* Accra T90i S, 53* & 58*, Accra T100i S
Putter: Evnroll ER 1.2, Tour KBS GPS, 33",
 SuperStroke MidSlim 2.0
Ball: Maxfli Tour
Bag/Cart: Callaway Fairway 14 Stand Bag / Clicgear 4.0 / Alphard Club Booster V2 / V2 Swivel Kit
Accessories: Arccos 360 / Garmin G80 / Nikon Coolshot Pro Stabilized

Nobody at USPS has ever confirmed this, but I'd have a hard time ever believing otherwise - I think USPS marks packages as delivered, even though they haven't been delivered, just to show more on-time deliveries.  They can't compete with UPS or FedEx otherwise.  I've had multiple packages marked delivered this summer that ended up being delivered 1-2 days later.  I've also had several go a week or more with no tracking updates, then they magically start moving the day after I open an investigation.  

I'm surprised these threads pop up all the time.  If you think back to pre-Covid, USPS was never known for its stellar customer service.  Now with Covid, they have a built in excuse.

If timing doesn't matter, USPS is usually slightly cheaper.  If you don't want a potential headache/stress, UPS or FedEx is the way to go.  

Edited by jacob7071

18 minutes ago, jacob7071 said:

If timing doesn't matter, USPS is usually slightly cheaper.  If you don't want a potential headache/stress, UPS or FedEx is the way to go.  

I know that if you are selling something on eBay, and purchase your mailing label for either FedEx or UPS, you can usually save about a third of the cost (with eBay's volume discount), which is VERY competitive with USPS in my experience; and certainly worth whatever minor cost increment, just for the peace of mind.

• Like 1

In my Datrek - DG lite II cart bag attached via Top-Lok to my Bag Boy - Quad XL - I'm decidedly brand agnostic:

PING - G400 Max 10.5 - Graphite Design Tour AD DI 5 R

Titleist - TS2 4W - Graphite Design Tour AD DI 6 RS TS2 7W - Alta CB 65 R

Cobra - Baffler 23* - Aldila NV-HL 65 R

PXG - 0211 (2019 version) - 5-PW - MMT 80 S

Cleveland - CBX2 50 / 54 / 58 - Rotex 

L.A.B. Golf - Directed Force 2.1 - KBS Tour - Press No. II 3*

Snell - MTB  Black

5 minutes ago, 5baytjd said:

I know that if you are selling something on eBay, and purchase your mailing label for either FedEx or UPS, you can usually save about a third of the cost (with eBay's volume discount), which is VERY competitive with USPS in my experience; and certainly worth whatever minor cost increment, just for the peace of mind.

Agree, and lately UPS or FedEx have been cheaper on ebay vs USPS, which I had never seen before except for large boxes (eg, golf bags).  

PING i20 10.5*

Adams a7 19*, 22*

Maltby TS3 Forged 5-9

Vokey SM7 46F, 52F, 58M

PING BeCu Anser

Srixon QST

Glad you finally received your package.  I purchased some shafts from BST and the seller was awesome and shipped via USPS the next day in mid-december.  I received the package about 4 weeks later in January 2021.  I was patient as this had happened before with another shaft purchase and took 6 weeks via USPS.  When I sell, I ship via UPS.  Their prices have been cheaper if not the same as USPS.  Furthermore, they were delivered on schedule.  I avoid shipping via USPS if I can.

• Like 1

SIM 9.75* - Diamana DF 60X | SIM 15* - Diamana D+ 70X | SIM 19* - Diamana D+ 80X | ZX7 - shafts TBD | Zipcore 50/54/58 S400 | NP2 Button Back