Hzrdus Smoke Yellow Small Batch - opinions?

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'm sure there are other threads, but I'll throw in my two cents. I played a Hzrdus Yellow Handcrafted for a while and last year moved to the Smoke yellow. I have always gotten along well with CB shaf

I don't have the SB version but as you can see from my signature it's in my driver and 3W and I've been really impressed with it.  The reason I went with it originally because because my driver had a

I'm sure there are other threads, but I'll throw in my two cents. I played a Hzrdus Yellow Handcrafted for a while and last year moved to the Smoke yellow. I have always gotten along well with CB shafts as they naturally elevate my AOA, giving me nice launch with lower spin (since I can play a lower lofted head). I have also played Xtorsion Copper, Attas G7, and Tensei PO for other CB shafts. I have found the Smoke yellow to be the best of the bunch followed by the Copperhead. 

I have paired mine with both a G400 Max 9* head and a TM M4 9* head. I lofted both heads down a bit due to the higher launch mentioned above. The SY is noticeably more stable than the previous Hzrdus Yellow, and I find it takes the left side of the course out of play except on a really bad swing (usually when I try to aim and take speed off the driver). If I just trust my swing and aim middle left, the ball is almost always in decent shape. Distance is pretty good due to medium launch with lower spin. This shaft has been partly responsible for a huge increase in driver confidence, which has always lacked for me. 

I recently ordered a VA Nemesys to test out, mostly because I love the look and I have heard it is even more counterbalanced than the others I've played (which might pair well with a G425 head). 

I know that's not conclusive date (I don't have access) but hopefully it's at least moderately helpful. Feel free to ask any other questions and I'll try my best to answer. I think you'll really like the shaft. Take care and be well. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I don't have the SB version but as you can see from my signature it's in my driver and 3W and I've been really impressed with it.  The reason I went with it originally because because my driver had a bunch of weight added to keep SW up at D4 but at 44.5".  I wanted to go longer to 45+" but the swing weight was going to be too high. So I decided to try the Smoke Yellow since it was counter balanced and cheap (found the driver new for $70).  It was my first time with a CB shaft.

Was immediately impressed with it. Extremely stable shaft, low spin and it definitely increased my distance with the G30.  Accuracy increased too.  So I decided to do the same with the 3W and it was equally as good if not better in the 3W.  It really flattened out the flight in the 3W.

• Like 1

PING G30 10.5* Hzrdus Smoke Yellow 60
PING G30 3W Hzrdus Smoke Yellow 70
Srixon U65 18* Recoil Prototype 110 F4

Mizuno MP-H4 4I DGS300

Mizuno MP-54 5-PW DGS300

Callaway Jaws CC 52*, 58* DGS300
<searching>

2 hours ago, Olde Maroon said:

I'm sure there are other threads, but I'll throw in my two cents. I played a Hzrdus Yellow Handcrafted for a while and last year moved to the Smoke yellow. I have always gotten along well with CB shafts as they naturally elevate my AOA, giving me nice launch with lower spin (since I can play a lower lofted head). I have also played Xtorsion Copper, Attas G7, and Tensei PO for other CB shafts. I have found the Smoke yellow to be the best of the bunch followed by the Copperhead. 

I have paired mine with both a G400 Max 9* head and a TM M4 9* head. I lofted both heads down a bit due to the higher launch mentioned above. The SY is noticeably more stable than the previous Hzrdus Yellow, and I find it takes the left side of the course out of play except on a really bad swing (usually when I try to aim and take speed off the driver). If I just trust my swing and aim middle left, the ball is almost always in decent shape. Distance is pretty good due to medium launch with lower spin. This shaft has been partly responsible for a huge increase in driver confidence, which has always lacked for me. 

I recently ordered a VA Nemesys to test out, mostly because I love the look and I have heard it is even more counterbalanced than the others I've played (which might pair well with a G425 head). 

I know that's not conclusive date (I don't have access) but hopefully it's at least moderately helpful. Feel free to ask any other questions and I'll try my best to answer. I think you'll really like the shaft. Take care and be well. 

I liked the Yellow and play the Xtorsion Copper 60TX. I like the feel of the Copper better, but think both are great. Never played the Tensei Orange Pro, but I did have the Non pro and hated it. Numbers were good, but it felt dead. 

I didn’t know about AOA and CB shafts, but that is part of my problem now. I play my driver at 7.5* and launch at 16* with 17-1900 spin, with the occasional 900-1200rpm outlier high on the face. 

I don't have the SB either but I did play the regular HZRDUS Yellow 63 for a bit in a G400 Max and recently got the Yellow Smoke 60 in a PXG driver.  The feel of the Smoke is nicer, less jarring and seems to be more stable and controllable.  I am loving it so far and will agree with those above, I typically hit CB shafts better.  Really, really impressed so far.

Ping G410 LST 10.5* Aldila Rogue silver 70s

Ping G425 Max 14.5* Alta CB 65x

Ping G410 22* Tensei Blue 80s

Bridgestone J15 CB 4-P PX LZ 6.5

Ping Glide Stealth 2.0 52, 56, 60 AWT 

Ping Sigma 2 Tyne stealth