Flight scope or Swing caddie?

MRx747

Apologies, i should have been more detail.

Swing Caddie SC300 and the Flightscope Mov are the two I'm looking at, both is under 500.

Trying to get something to measure their speed every 2 weeks, and a more precise carry measurement during their range session is all we are looking for.

Thanks!

Have the regular mevo it is okay. Was it worth the $500. It helps if your looking for club distance everything else kind not that that great numbers can hop all over the place. 

We did a session with Mevo + at an AJGA event it is not that great. Again ok if that is your only option.

None of these devices are that great but I would say better then nothing just don't always trust them 100%

The best option is to find a trackman your can rent.  Someone told me to look for  simulator golf locations. I found out the simulator  used at one place was a trackman.  It's incredible they video every angle and record your trackman data on every swing then you get the data emailed and you can analyze after the round. You can compare your best swings to your worse swings side by side with complete trackman data.

here is a link to the place we go to if your in south florida you should check them out.

https://sim-u-golf.com

Edited by tiger1873

I have both units.

SC300 is easier to use.  Mevo is more accurate and gives spin.  

Our SC300 is beat up, but I will make you a good deal on it if interested.  It does still work.

Edited by heavy_hitter

I am GenX.  If you really think I care about what you have to say, I don't.

2 hours ago, tiger1873 said:

Have the regular mevo it is okay. Was it worth the $500. It helps if your looking for club distance everything else kind not that that great numbers can hop all over the place. 

We did a session with Mevo + at an AJGA event it is not that great. Again ok if that is your only option.

None of these devices are that great but I would say better then nothing just don't always trust them 100%

The best option is to find a trackman your can rent.  Someone told me to look for  simulator golf locations. I found out the simulator  used at one place was a trackman.  It's incredible they video every angle and record your trackman data on every swing then you get the data emailed and you can analyze after the round. You can compare your best swings to your worse swings side by side with complete trackman data.

here is a link to the place we go to if your in south florida you should check them out.

https://sim-u-golf.com

Those prices are competitive at Sim U.  

The mevo is a great portable device that gives you great data parameters and is pretty accurate. The big brother Mevo+ is currently a piece of junk, having owned it for a bit the numbers are completely OFF before I sold it. I think the mevo+ was released almost as a beta product. I've seen spin numbers in the 6000s with drivers, there are a ton of review that talk about how bad driver numbers are with it. Love the idea of the mevo+ it just needs to mature more. 

For the value you can't beat mevo+ one of the few units that give spin which is good indicator to have. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, darter79 said:

The mevo is a great portable device that gives you great data parameters and is pretty accurate. The big brother Mevo+ is currently a piece of junk, having owned it for a bit the numbers are completely OFF before I sold it. I think the mevo+ was released almost as a beta product. I've seen spin numbers in the 6000s with drivers, there are a ton of review that talk about how bad driver numbers are with it. Love the idea of the mevo+ it just needs to mature more. 

For the value you can't beat mevo+ one of the few units that give spin which is good indicator to have. 

I've read some horrific things about the latest firmware updates to the Mevo+.  Some say it was pretty stable until a couple weeks ago when a new firmware release really buggered things up.  I'm hoping they get the kinks worked out. Otherwise, I'll be returning it ASAP.

• Sad 1

It's no fun when the rabbit's got the gun.

21 hours ago, wildcatden said:

I've read some horrific things about the latest firmware updates to the Mevo+.  Some say it was pretty stable until a couple weeks ago when a new firmware release really buggered things up.  I'm hoping they get the kinks worked out. Otherwise, I'll be returning it ASAP.

This was before the latest firmware. The latest just messed with e6 play more than anything. I do tend to think overtime this unit will be great just right now I'm not going to hit balls and have crazy numbers. Have you heard of the new Full Swing sim coming out this summer?

https://www.fullswinggolf.com/kit-pre-sale/

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, darter79 said:

This was before the latest firmware. The latest just messed with e6 play more than anything. I do tend to think overtime this unit will be great just right now I'm not going to hit balls and have crazy numbers. Have you heard of the new Full Swing sim coming out this summer?

https://www.fullswinggolf.com/kit-pre-sale/

Nope, never heard of Full Swing. Looks interesting and their other full on simulator ($54,000) used by Tiger (or at least endorsed). Price ratcheting up a bit ($4,000) compared to a Mevo+.  The proof will be in the pudding if the Full Swing Kit can perform.

My Mevo+ arrives later this week or next week. If the numbers are no good, I'll be demanding a refund for a faulty product.  Curious if your Mevo+ numbers were poor with standard range balls, regular golf balls at home in a net,  or did you take it on the course and get awful numbers as well?

It's no fun when the rabbit's got the gun.

On 1/26/2021 at 8:27 AM, wildcatden said:

Nope, never heard of Full Swing. Looks interesting and their other full on simulator ($54,000) used by Tiger (or at least endorsed). Price ratcheting up a bit ($4,000) compared to a Mevo+.  The proof will be in the pudding if the Full Swing Kit can perform.

My Mevo+ arrives later this week or next week. If the numbers are no good, I'll be demanding a refund for a faulty product.  Curious if your Mevo+ numbers were poor with standard range balls, regular golf balls at home in a net,  or did you take it on the course and get awful numbers as well?

Please keep us updated on your findings. I'm trying to figure out what models, $500 or $2000, I wanna buy.

Currently, I'm leaning towards $500 since it is better than nothing. I imagine a few years down the road, I'll need to upgrade to $10K+ category if we are still serious about the whole golf thing. 

I have the SC300 and it is not bad. I get some wonky numbers at higher swing speeds. Mainly with driver. I have really enjoyed it most for dialing in my short irons. I was able to get good standard numbers for partial swings on all of my wedges. That has been very helpful. I just ordered the Mevo+ to put a simulator together in my garage, so will be parting with the SC300, but I am glad I had it.