Valencia Country Club

Sboooooo1245

Anyone a member at Valencia CC? I heard it was fantastic in its day (and a RTJ design), but had fallen off years ago. I wonder if Arciss has restored it and whether it’s worth considering? I’m also looking at Hacienda and am curious if anyone has info, pricing, etc on either for a junior member or comparisons of the two. 

2 hours ago, ryu123 said:

About 6 years ago as a guest played the Valencia CC near Santa Clarita.   Set on a mostly flat piece of land, it was unimpressive & not memorable (except for a 200 yard par three over a pond -  which I really didn’t like.)

Have you played The Oaks at Valencia (old TPC Valencia course)? I've really liked TPC courses I've played, and that's the natural alternative given that it's across the street.

On 1/30/2021 at 1:34 AM, Schley said:

I wished VCC would come back to it's glory as one year it hosted the Nissan Open IIRC as Riviera was washed out.

Any sense of how far off it has fallen? Would imagine it'd still be up there with the next "tier" of courses in the LA area if they had been taking care of it reasonably well again.

On 1/30/2021 at 1:34 AM, Schley said:

I wished VCC would come back to it's glory as one year it hosted the Nissan Open IIRC as Riviera was washed out.

I played in the pro-am that year...and played it again last year.

I don't recall much being different, aside from the weather.

Course was in good shape, greens were slick.