2024 RBC Heritage WITB photos ×

Picking a Seemore Putter

Maverick22

I think I want to try a Seemore putter but am looking for suggestions on which model. I am a lefty and so they are almost never in local stores to try so I am likely buying without testing. I have mainly used Spider type putters the past 5 years or so, but also a bit with an Anser style. But I’m not tied to those and am open to trying something different. The most important thing is I want no shaft bend or plumbers neck. For years I played a bullseye and I want to go back to a straight shaft model.  My stroke is somewhere between SBST to mild arc. 

My initial thought was the original FGP as it is somewhat like a bullseye as a straight shafted blade, but I’m worried it might be too unforgiving (that is why I went away from the bullseye years ago). So I’m wondering about maybe the Mini Giant FGP or Mini Giant Deep Flange - will they add a noticeable amount of forgiveness?  Or maybe would an FGP mallet give more forgiveness compared to the FGP blade?

I’m curious to hear from others who have played Seemores before. Thanks!

I’ve have FGP blade and mallet, and have had the mini giant DF and giant FGPt. 

The mini giant deep flange is popular but I really struggled with how tall the face was. I felt like I was hitting everything off the bottom of the face. Same with FGPt. 

Im not sure the FGP mallet is any more forgiving than the FGP blade (it may actually have lower MOI - mid mallets like this are typically lower MOI than a Newport), but I LOVE this model. 

The FGP mallet is just so balanced. It swings on plane nicely. It really just swings back and forth.  It’s one of their face balanced at impact putters. Lines up great with top line or dual flange lines. I probably start this FGP mallet on line better than almost any other putter. They’re also dirt cheap online and on eBay. I’ve seen the special edition copper pvd finish ones on eBay for $90 new. Oh yeah, you can scoop

the ball up with it too - that’s important 😂

Without doing a fitting I'd look into contacting @SeeMore Putters I'm sure they have someone you can talk to over the phone to maybe narrow down some options for you. 

Lefty - WITB Thread

Driver: 10° Cobra LTDxLS | AD-IZ 6X 

3W: 15° Callaway Paradym X | AD-IZ 7X

3H: 19° Ping G410 | Tensei CK Pro Orange 90TX

Irons: PXG 0311P 4-6 | 0317CB 7-PW | DG 120 X100

Wedges: SM9 50° - 54° - 58° 

Putter(s): Ping PLD Anser 4K | CMD Gauge R | and more. 

Ball: TP5X 2024

Bag: Ghost Katana

6 hours ago, Maverick22 said:

I think I want to try a Seemore putter but am looking for suggestions on which model. I am a lefty and so they are almost never in local stores to try so I am likely buying without testing. I have mainly used Spider type putters the past 5 years or so, but also a bit with an Anser style. But I’m not tied to those and am open to trying something different. The most important thing is I want no shaft bend or plumbers neck. For years I played a bullseye and I want to go back to a straight shaft model.  My stroke is somewhere between SBST to mild arc. 

My initial thought was the original FGP as it is somewhat like a bullseye as a straight shafted blade, but I’m worried it might be too unforgiving (that is why I went away from the bullseye years ago). So I’m wondering about maybe the Mini Giant FGP or Mini Giant Deep Flange - will they add a noticeable amount of forgiveness?  Or maybe would an FGP mallet give more forgiveness compared to the FGP blade?

Maverick - more than happy to help.  If you have a minute give us a call at the office and happy to talk as long as you like.  Or send us a note at [email protected].  We are more than happy to be your "Goose" and get you going in the right direction.  We have some lefties for you.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, SeeMore Putters said:

Maverick - more than happy to help.  If you have a minute give us a call at the office and happy to talk as long as you like.  Or send us a note at [email protected].  We are more than happy to be your "Goose" and get you going in the right direction.  We have some lefties for you.

Question for you guys, how much love does the DB4 putter get? I know it's a step away from what you guys normally do but always a sucker for a traditional blade. 

Lefty - WITB Thread

I really like the Si3 and Si5. Have a slight amound of toe hang but I don’t even notice it. If you wanted something between an Anser and a Spider, the Si5 is my favorite of the two. Great feeling putter. 

Callaway Paradym Triple Diamond 10.5 w/Diamana TB 60S

PXG GEN6 5 wood w/Diamana S-plus 70 stiff

Yamaha RMX VD 7 wood w/Diamana S-plus 70 stiff

Callaway Mavrik Pro hybrid (22) w/Aldila Tour Blue 85 stiff hybrid

Wilson Staff Model CB 5-G w/DG s300 shafts

Edel T grind 54 w/Nippon 125 wedge shaft

Fourteen RM-12 58 w/Dynamic Golds400

Axis1 Rose putter, 34 inches

7 hours ago, Maverick22 said:

I have a Nashville mFGP Deep Flange that I really like.  I was looking for more of a double-wide than a blade, so it has worked out really well for me.

Titleist TSi3 D (10.0*) HZRDUS Smoke Yellow 60

Titleist TS2 F (16.5*) Tensei AV Blue 65

Titleist TS2 H (21.0*) Tensei AV Blue 70

PING i525 Irons (4-PW) Project X IO 105

Cleveland RTX Zipcore (50) DG Spinner
Cleveland RTX Full Face (56) DG Spinner
Bettinardi BB-8 Wide (SuperStroke 1.0)

2 hours ago, MattUtah said:

I’ve have FGP blade and mallet, and have had the mini giant DF and giant FGPt. 

The mini giant deep flange is popular but I really struggled with how tall the face was. I felt like I was hitting everything off the bottom of the face. Same with FGPt. 

Im not sure the FGP mallet is any more forgiving than the FGP blade (it may actually have lower MOI - mid mallets like this are typically lower MOI than a Newport), but I LOVE this model. 

The FGP mallet is just so balanced. It swings on plane nicely. It really just swings back and forth.  It’s one of their face balanced at impact putters. Lines up great with top line or dual flange lines. I probably start this FGP mallet on line better than almost any other putter. They’re also dirt cheap online and on eBay. I’ve seen the special edition copper pvd finish ones on eBay for $90 new. Oh yeah, you can scoop

the ball up with it too - that’s important 😂

Thanks. 

Did you notice any more forgiveness in the mini giant DF vs the FGP blade or FGP mallet?

In terms of FGP mallet vs FGP blade, was it the balance of the mallet which made you prefer it? I think the mallet is a bit heavier?  That noticeable at all to you? 

thanks again

1 hour ago, dmeeksDC said:

I really like the Si3 and Si5. Have a slight amound of toe hang but I don’t even notice it. If you wanted something between an Anser and a Spider, the Si5 is my favorite of the two. Great feeling putter. 

Thanks. I looked at those but they have inserts and on my next putter I am going to go without an insert

27 minutes ago, stormin70 said:

I have a Nashville mFGP Deep Flange that I really like.  I was looking for more of a double-wide than a blade, so it has worked out really well for me.

Thanks. I saw that model and it looks really nice (I like the shorter blade length) but it’s not available in LH so no go for me!

1 hour ago, MattM97 said:

Question for you guys, how much love does the DB4 putter get? I know it's a step away from what you guys normally do but always a sucker for a traditional blade. 

Now it is getting great love with the new RST hosel design.   We have opened up about 80% of the putter market with this.  This was new for us last year but with covid not much attention. Different models as well as in left handed.  Thanks for reaching out.

4 hours ago, SeeMore Putters said:

Now it is getting great love with the new RST hosel design.   We have opened up about 80% of the putter market with this.  This was new for us last year but with covid not much attention. Different models as well as in left handed.  Thanks for reaching out.

Looks real nice just trying to find a used one is impossible, if anyone has one they are definitely not giving it up. The M7 line is also very nice and catching my eye with the shape and options. I like the not fully center shaft on that as I seem to focus too much on the shaft in a true center shaft. 

• Like 1

Lefty - WITB Thread

8 hours ago, Maverick22 said:

Thanks. 

Did you notice any more forgiveness in the mini giant DF vs the FGP blade or FGP mallet?

In terms of FGP mallet vs FGP blade, was it the balance of the mallet which made you prefer it? I think the mallet is a bit heavier?  That noticeable at all to you? 

thanks again

Im sure the mini giant has a bigger sweet spot due to MOI, but it was a lot easier to putt with the FGP mallet for me. I know that probably doesn’t make a lot of sense but give the FGP mallet a go before spending a bunch of money. 

I think there is something to Seemore’s face balanced at impact theory too. Not all of their models feature that.  Mini giant and FGP mallet both do - the Si models don’t. 

6 hours ago, MattM97 said:

I like the not fully center shaft on that as I seem to focus too much on the shaft in a true center shaft. 

Great point. I feel awkward with the ones with the shaft entering the head dead on the center line. Near-center shaft has a totally different look to me and I like it. 

• Like 1

Callaway Paradym Triple Diamond 10.5 w/Diamana TB 60S

PXG GEN6 5 wood w/Diamana S-plus 70 stiff

Yamaha RMX VD 7 wood w/Diamana S-plus 70 stiff

Callaway Mavrik Pro hybrid (22) w/Aldila Tour Blue 85 stiff hybrid

Wilson Staff Model CB 5-G w/DG s300 shafts

Edel T grind 54 w/Nippon 125 wedge shaft

Fourteen RM-12 58 w/Dynamic Golds400

Axis1 Rose putter, 34 inches

Another vote for the FGP mallet. Played a bunch of anser style stuff forever. Couldn’t get used to center shafted putters and big mallets no matter how much I tried them. I went to a golf shop three years ago and spent hours hitting every putter in the shop. Just kept going back to the FGP mallet. The just off center shaft just works and the putter is incredibly balanced. Gets the ball on line beautifully.

Also just had the chance to work with the guys at Seemore this week. They are beyond awesome to work with. Had an issue with a 2 putters 3 seasons into using them and they immediately responded and are getting everything fixed up. Has great conversations with them on the specs and can’t wait to get my putters back. 

I have the orginal fgp and the nashville mfgp. The nashville is not exactly the same as the mini giant, no weights and the head is slightly smaller but same overall weight. I find that, once I got used to the extra weight (compared to the orig), I can control the putter better than the lighter orig fgp.

17 hours ago, MattM97 said:

Looks real nice just trying to find a used one is impossible, if anyone has one they are definitely not giving it up. The M7 line is also very nice and catching my eye with the shape and options. I like the not fully center shaft on that as I seem to focus too much on the shaft in a true center shaft. 

Give us a call and maybe we can help find one for you.  Thanks.

On 1/29/2021 at 9:30 AM, cleverprimate24 said:

I've been using an FGP Mallet for 6 or 7 years and I love it. The oldest club I own, and it's gonna be sticking around for a lot longer. 

I would be somewhat interested in trying the HT Mallet, bc I assume the perimeter weighting of the fang style might be a touch more forgiving.

Give us a call if you have a few minutes.  615-435-8015 - ask for Brandon - that FGP mallet you have is fantastic!!

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
On 1/28/2021 at 1:26 PM, KRW59 said:

My SeeMore DB-4x from 2011-12 ? , not sure if it was ever made in lefty...

But I can attest to milling and quality of the PVD finish... Top Shelf Stuff...

Carbon steel , light milled face , plumbers RST 2 hosel , 3:30 toe hang, mid-mallet , with a beautiful black rainbow hued PVD finish....

20190110_143401.jpg

20190110_144632.jpg

20190110_143751.jpg

20190110_144855.jpg

PM me if you’re willing to sell!