G410 LST vs G425 LST

9ironiscash

12 hours ago, golfer55082 said:

Interesting experience, but, if g410 lst is that good why not just  playing it? I would...actually I will if my g425 lst experiment does not go well. 

Not playing the 410LST because I played it for 2 seasons and already went down the road with 2021 offerings. Still have shaft ready if I decide to go back. More than likely will but for now being typical Wrx. Looking for more forgiveness without sacrificing ball speed and spin. Still super curious about hotmelted Max with spin between and LST being marginal. 

• 1 month later...
On 3/22/2021 at 9:35 PM, tripleH said:

Not playing the 410LST because I played it for 2 seasons and already went down the road with 2021 offerings. Still have shaft ready if I decide to go back. More than likely will but for now being typical Wrx. Looking for more forgiveness without sacrificing ball speed and spin. Still super curious about hotmelted Max with spin between and LST being marginal. 

Any chance you have or anyone else has tested the hotmelted Max vs the LST? Another WRX'er suggested that he has has some experience with builds by lowering the spin by adding 10g of hotmelt forward toward the face and adjusting the rear weight accordingly, but no specific numbers or players reactions. Curious if anyone has any results testing a hotmelted Max vs LST on spin, forgiveness and playability comparisons? 

"Take er' deep"

I think the G425 LST is more forgiving and looks better. Distance is about the same as from 1 year to the next their won't be a noticeable difference. Usually 5-6 years is when the big changes take place. One thing also to remember is picking out a shaft as some shafts rally help the improvement over a previous model. I don't think its worth the up grade if you hitting your 400 or 410 good unless you just want something new. Just don't except leaps and bounds of improvement. The big thing for 2021 is ball speed as everything else has been pushed to the limit.

Driver: Cobra  50th Anniversary Edition Aerojet 10.5 w/Graphite Design Tour AD IZ4 

3W: Callaway  Paradym X 3w/ Graphite Design Tour AD CQ5  

5/7W: Callaway Paradym X / Project X Hzrdus Gen 4 silver 5.5

Irons:  Titleist T-350 w/Aerotech i80r

Wedges:  Cleveland RTX 6 ZipCore 48* and 54* w/Aerotech i95r

Putter:  ENVROLL E2 34" with Stability Fire shaft  w/ Oversize Black PURE grip (rotate) ODESSEY EYE TRAX 2-BALL w/BGT Stability Carbon 33" 2 Thumb OG Lite 31 black grip

On 5/4/2021 at 10:40 AM, mike_wardo said:

Any chance you have or anyone else has tested the hotmelted Max vs the LST? Another WRX'er suggested that he has has some experience with builds by lowering the spin by adding 10g of hotmelt forward toward the face and adjusting the rear weight accordingly, but no specific numbers or players reactions. Curious if anyone has any results testing a hotmelted Max vs LST on spin, forgiveness and playability comparisons? 

I would be interested as well

The G425 LST is one you have to try. I went from G400 LST 10.5 to G410 Plus 9 and tried both G425 LST and MAX models. 

Sound was not as bad as I expected but the G410 plus felt more solid. The LST is super fade biased and with what felt like a heavy head, I had to work really hard to turn it over.

As an unexpected outcome the Epic Speed 9* won out for me. Lower spin than the Pings and more solid. But having hit virtually all 2021 offers back to back and as a consistent striker, I can confidently say that gains on any old season model that has been properly fit are nominal, frankly being comfortable with a setup moves the dial more.

• Like 2

If your looking for the draw move the weight to the heel and increase your loft as that will slightly close the face. I'm either pretty straight or have a 1-2 yard draw. If I try to make it draw I pull it as I let the club do the work for me.

Driver: Cobra  50th Anniversary Edition Aerojet 10.5 w/Graphite Design Tour AD IZ4 

3W: Callaway  Paradym X 3w/ Graphite Design Tour AD CQ5  

5/7W: Callaway Paradym X / Project X Hzrdus Gen 4 silver 5.5

Irons:  Titleist T-350 w/Aerotech i80r

Wedges:  Cleveland RTX 6 ZipCore 48* and 54* w/Aerotech i95r

Putter:  ENVROLL E2 34" with Stability Fire shaft  w/ Oversize Black PURE grip (rotate) ODESSEY EYE TRAX 2-BALL w/BGT Stability Carbon 33" 2 Thumb OG Lite 31 black grip

On 3/20/2021 at 12:17 AM, golfer55082 said:

I had the 410 lst & switched to the 425 max. The 410 spun a lot less & was longer for me. But the 425 is way more forgiving, I hit center more.  And I'm hardly ever missing a fairway. The biggest difference is. Feel. To me the 425 max has a much softer feel. Which i, like. I've lost a little distance , gained more control. & found better feel at contact with the 425. I'm interested in the 425 lst. But I'm not sure I'll even entertain it. 

Ping G LST 9*
Callaway Epic 3w & 5w Diamana Thump
X2 Hot #4 Hybrid Matrix White Tie
Ping ie1 5 - GW Nippon SPO
Cleveland RTX-3 54* 58*

• 9 months later...
On 2/6/2021 at 7:47 PM, SchneakyShort said:

I'm with you. Cracked my last 400LST maybe about a month ago and the boatloads of 410s I've been testing/using don't even come close. On the 400, almost every head I ever hit felt good. Fingers crossed the 425 is more like the 400 and not even further away, haven't been able to test in correct lofts yet but at least the sound/feel was promising...

What’s your SS?

@Htk084 I personally liked the feel of the 400/425 better than the 410.  410 never felt right to me.  For me the misses are better with the 400 /425.  My good shots are a draw and misses are a push, with the 410 the misses were a little more 2 sided (draws turned into hooks, pushes turned into slices).  I think the 410 was good driver especially since it was the first one that had a moveable weight and they updated the adapter.  However I think they learned a lot and you see it in the 425.  In short 425 has playability of 400 with adjustment of 410

Edited by granata10

Ping G425 LST 10.5*
Ping G425 LST 14.5
Taylormade Sim max hybrid 19*

Srixon ZX5 4 iron & 5 iron
Srixon ZX7 6-AW
Vokey SM8 54.10S and 60.04L
Evnroll ER5 black

I traded in my G30 LST for the G410 LST and have been very happy.  The G30 was very loud compared to the G410.   The G400 did not improve upon the G30.  

Went for a driver fitting this past December and the G425 LST did not improve upon the G410 LST and the sound was much louder on the G425.

Decided to stick with the G410 LST but changed shafts and picked up some yardage that way.

Will probably go for another driver fitting next year after PING and Titleist introduce new clubs.

At this point I feel that increasing my mobility and fitness will improve my distance more than new equipment will.

Cobra LTDx LS 9 deg. @ -1 with Diamana ZF 60S

Tour Edge C723 13 deg. with Diamana Thump f75 S

Cobra LTDx 15 deg @ +1.5 with Graphite Design Tour AD DI 70 S

Tour Edge E723 21 deg. with Diamana Thump f85 S

Cobra LTDx 24 deg 5 hybrid with Fujikura Fuel 85 S

Corey Paul Cavity Back 5-6 with KBS $-Taper 120 S

Corey Paul Muscle Back 7-PW with KBS $-Taper 120 S

Corey Paul 50, 54 with KBS Tour V Wedge 125g S

Corey Paul 58 with BGT ZNE 130g Stiff

Odyssey O-Works Black #7 with BGT Stability Tour

3 hours ago, granata10 said:

@Htk084 I personally liked the feel of the 400/425 better than the 410.  410 never felt right to me.  For me the misses are better with the 400 /425.  My good shots are a draw and misses are a push, with the 410 the misses were a little more 2 sided (draws turned into hooks, pushes turned into slices).  I think the 410 was good driver especially since it was the first one that had a moveable weight and they updated the adapter.  However I think they learned a lot and you see it in the 425.  In short 425 has playability of 400 with adjustment of 410

Thank you, yeah I was wondering if the g425 LST was just as forgiving as the 400 and 410.  You seem to say it is 

Just made the decision to swap out my Sim2 for the 410 LST in hopes of gaining consistency while not losing distance.

Went with the 410 LST over the 425 LST because I got a better deal on the 410 LST and didn’t see any measurable difference between the two heads during testing.

I seem to gravitate back to Ping and hopefully the 410 LST lives up to the hype.

9 hours ago, Htk084 said:

Thank you, yeah I was wondering if the g425 LST was just as forgiving as the 400 and 410.  You seem to say it is 

yes it is, in fact I just did a fitting at club champion because I broke the shaft (drunken bachelor party shenanigans).  I hit everything new, Callaway Rogue ST, Titleist TSI3, Srixon X5 (sneaky good) Cobra and Taylormade and there was nothing better than the 425 LST for me.  Straight consistent draws

Ping G425 LST 10.5*
Ping G425 LST 14.5

Srixon ZX7 6-AW
Evnroll ER5 black

3 minutes ago, granata10 said:

yes it is, in fact I just did a fitting at club champion because I broke the shaft (drunken bachelor party shenanigans).  I hit everything new, Callaway Rogue ST, Titleist TSI3, Srixon X5 (sneaky good) Cobra and Taylormade and there was nothing better than the 425 LST for me.  Straight consistent draws

Lol well that sounds fun.  Did you hit the rogue st max LS?  I have my eye on that and the ping 

I did and I hit the triple Diamond, I like the triple diamond better but we couldn’t get the launch right with either of them,  they were both high on radar.  The one that came closest to beating the Ping was the Srixon.  The Cobra was also really good.  I could honestly have played the Srixon, Cobra or Callaway (with right launch) but the misses were so much better with the ping.  Good shots they were all really good but the misses (push to the right) were a lot better with the Ping

Ping G425 LST 10.5*
Ping G425 LST 14.5

Srixon ZX7 6-AW
Evnroll ER5 black

• 10 months later...

I tend to play a cycle before the new releases and just got a 425LST in 9* with Rogue White shaft (thanks to a member here). May this help anyone else looking to upgrade to the on sale rack!

I’ve owned the G lst, 400 lst, 410 lst, and now the 425 lst. The 400 was an incredible driver (I prefer smaller head shapes) but the lack of adjustment ability is why I got ride of it. My stock shot is a fade and my miss is a slice. Having an option o move a weight around was appealing so I grabbed the 410lst. This wise a solid driver. Slightly bigger than the 400 but the increased forgiveness made me forget the bigger head quickly. I do feel like the 410lst spun a bit more than the 400 though. Was unhappy with my shaft so stopped by Edwin Watts to see what the demo bags had and I found the 425 max in 10.5. The best word to describe it is stable. It just wanted to go dead straight and with decent distance. I was spinning the ball a little too much and grabbed the LST. Love the head size, shape, and the feel is more similar to the 400lst, imo. Sounds different, but I like it. 

on course performance- a good bit of rain and with winter conditions, it’s hard for me to compare against my 410 distances.  Playing partner uses a 410LST and generates a good bit more club speed and we were neck and neck the whole round, but that’s hardly scientific. I hit draws all day and found a lot of fairways. It’s a winner.

anyways, another great product from Ping. Hard to imagine the 430 will top it.