Cally Super Hybrid - Anyone still bagging one?

Just want to hear how it did or didn’t work out for users

Don’t see many in stores but just grabbed a hot deal of C P O  .. a +1” mint in X finally showed up 

• Like 1

Ping G400 Max GD Pershing 55x

Ping G400 5w 16.5* Blueboard 73x 

Cally Apex '16 3h 20* KK Silver 80x

Cally Apex '16 4h 23* KK Silver 80x

Srixon ZX7 5i  AD DI di 95x 

Srixon ZX7 6 - PW Nippon Modus 3 Tour 120s
Vokey SM2 50*, SM2 TVD M 56* & 60*, SM2 64.07

Scotty GoLo 7

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It’s like Christmas morning here, waiting on a new iron set, super hybrid and Titleist wedge, iomic grips all supposed to be here today 

I have the 17.  I cut the shaft down, turned it down to a 16, added a very heavy aftermarket weight and was hitting bombs.  It replaced my 3 wood.  But then the weight stem snapped off and is stuck in

I just received my 17 deg SH with the Pro Orange that I bought from a WRX member, and hit about 10 balls in my basement net and man does it feel good. I don't have a simulater but felt really SOLID an

Posted Images

I have one inbound as well, hoping to use the 20 degree version turned up a bit for a 225-230 type shot.  Hopefully you’ll get to see it in hen we make our way to Windswept!

Epic MAX LS 8° w/AD BB

Razr Fit 12° w/VS Voodoo 
Epic Flash 16° w/Rogue M•AX
X Forged UT 18° & 22° w/PX
Apex Pro '19 5-A w/PX
X Forged Jaws 53, 59, 64 w/PX
White Hot #5 Center Shafted
[img]http://pxc86358mpx1hyn3hdxen4o1.wpengine.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/08/171831.png[/img]

Me as well, turn it to 21 or 22, all stops for Windswept, x forged cb irons due in Monday 

• Like 1

Scotty GoLo 7

I've been eyeing the superhybrid since it first came out. I've never hit, but have heard nothing but good things about it. I think it would be really hard to kick my Apex20 3hybrid out of the bag because it's literally my safety blanket. However I've been pondering the Idea of getting the super hybrid 17 * and turn it down to 16 to replace my 3 wood (epic flash 15*).  I'm thinking it could be alot more easy to control and I've heard people rave about how long and fast it is with the Pro Orange shaft. Would love to hear feedback on this as well!

I don’t like my apex 4h ... gen 1 or gen 2 .. as much as my gen 1 5h, so giving it a whirl

Scotty GoLo 7

I have the 17.  I cut the shaft down, turned it down to a 16, added a very heavy aftermarket weight and was hitting bombs.  It replaced my 3 wood.  But then the weight stem snapped off and is stuck inside the head.

I can't figure out how to get the broken weight out.

So, I bought a used Big Bertha to replace it and turns it's just as long for half the price.  

Edited by St Jimmy
  • Like 2

G425 LST

G425 2 hybrid

Apex-19 3 hybrid

CB-57 3-PW

Y Grind 51

PM Grind 56

Scotty Golo 3

Grabbed one around black friday. Awesome deal... i have the 17* turned to 16*... Generally use it out of the tee box... when (which is 90% of the time) my driver is garbage... use a pro blue mitsubishi shaft... Love it... 3 wood length with hybrid ease... no hooking as some have said... for me it is just as advertised... looking to grab the 20 ( tuned to 19*) on CPO's next sale... 

Edited by JahSteve

Still have mine. 17° turned down to 16°. Haven't gotten the right shaft yet.... 

BUT... will be reshafted with Ventus Blue Hybrid 8X very, very soon!

Callaway Speed 9° Velcore Blue 6X
Callaway Apex 2H Speeder 904X
Callaway Apex 4H Speeder 904X
Miura CB301 4-5 iCWT Proto 105X
Miura CB1008 6-9 iCWT Proto 105X
 Miura HG 4606 iCWT Proto 105X
Miura HG 5210 iCWT Proto 105X
Miura HG 5810 iCWT Proto 105X
Miura HB 6416 iCWT Proto 105X
Garage Palm Beach Stability 1.0X

I tried! 
I bought 2 off CPO back in October. I bought a 20 and 23*. 
The 20* was perfect. The 23* was 1” longer than the 20*. 🤔

Called CPO, no problem, we will you another out right away. 
New 23* came, and it was 1/2” too short. 
Sent them both back without hitting them.

First time I have ever had a problem with CPO. 

Srixon Z585, 10.5*
TaylorMade SIM Max 5 wood 18*

Titleist TS2 21* hybrid
Cobra DWS 23*, Nippon 950GH
Callaway X-14 5-PW

Vokey SM7 52F
Vokey SM7 56M

Vokey 60M
TaylorMade Ardmore 1

10 hours ago, St Jimmy said:

I have the 17.  I cut the shaft down, turned it down to a 16, added a very heavy aftermarket weight and was hitting bombs.  It replaced my 3 wood.  But then the weight stem snapped off and is stuck inside the head.

I can't figure out how to get the broken weight out.

So, I bought a used Big Bertha to replace it and turns it's just as long for half the price.  

That’s crazy, the same thing happened to my Apex hybrid (the first one that had jailbreak bars). Had to use a heavier aftermarket weight, due to shorter shaft length. The stem of the weight that goes inside the club head broke off and I tried all sorts of things to get it out, but no luck. Ended up re-shafting a 1st gen apex and it’s been in the bag since.

• Like 1

Callaway Epic Flash SZ 9* w/Fujikura Ventus Blue 6x

Callaway Epic Flash SZ 15* w/GD Tour AD TP 7x

Callaway Apex hybrid 18* w/GD Tour AD IZ 85x

Callaway X Forged UT 21* w/PX6.0

Callaway X Forged 5-PW w/PX6.0

Titleist SM8 50 F, 54 S, 58 S w/PX6.0

Toulon Austin w/Stability Tour shaft

Srixon Z Star XV 

Still playing mine, 17 turned down to 16, stock shaft. Replaced my 3 wood. Whatever nominal distance was lost is made up for in accuracy. It’s firmly in the bag. 

Ping G 400 Max 9 degree w/ Proforce VTS Black 7s
Cobra F7 14.5 degree w/ Elements Chrome 7s
Cleveland Classic 18 degree hybrid w/ Fuji Fuel 95s
4-PW Srixon 585 and 785 AW w/ nippon modus 120,
Cleveland RTX4 54 and 58 w/ nippon modus 125 wedge shaft
Putter: Evnroll ER2 35'
Ball: TM TP5x or Pro V1x

Amazed how many guys play the 17 turned down, wow

• Like 1

Scotty GoLo 7

2 hours ago, KevCannon said:

That’s crazy, the same thing happened to my Apex hybrid (the first one that had jailbreak bars). Had to use a heavier aftermarket weight, due to shorter shaft length. The stem of the weight that goes inside the club head broke off and I tried all sorts of things to get it out, but no luck. Ended up re-shafting a 1st gen apex and it’s been in the bag since.

It happened to my Apex 19 the same round.  I "discovered" it on the Super around the turn and immediately checked the Apex.  Yup, same thing.  I did replace the Apex since I was able to find one in really good shape for $100 on the Bay.  

They were the 18 gram weights from Billy Bob's.  I probably should've made a thread warning everyone here.

Dang weights cost me over $700 in damages and replacements.

Edited by St Jimmy
  • Like 1

G425 LST

G425 2 hybrid

Apex-19 3 hybrid

CB-57 3-PW

Y Grind 51

PM Grind 56

Scotty Golo 3

5 hours ago, St Jimmy said:

It happened to my Apex 19 the same round.  I "discovered" it on the Super around the turn and immediately checked the Apex.  Yup, same thing.  I did replace the Apex since I was able to find one in really good shape for $100 on the Bay.  

They were the 18 gram weights from Billy Bob's.  I probably should've made a thread warning everyone here.

Dang weights cost me over $700 in damages and replacements.

Def was a huge pain in the butt. Mine was a 12 gram weight from Billy Bob’s. If those jailbreak bars weren’t in there I would be able to get it out. 

Callaway Epic Flash SZ 9* w/Fujikura Ventus Blue 6x

Callaway Epic Flash SZ 15* w/GD Tour AD TP 7x

Callaway Apex hybrid 18* w/GD Tour AD IZ 85x

Callaway X Forged UT 21* w/PX6.0

Callaway X Forged 5-PW w/PX6.0

Titleist SM8 50 F, 54 S, 58 S w/PX6.0

Toulon Austin w/Stability Tour shaft

Srixon Z Star XV 

What broke and can’t come up, the aftermarket weights?  Get a extractor drill bit ... unless I’m mis-reading 

Scotty GoLo 7

Mine arrives Tuesday .... can’t wait 

Scotty GoLo 7

It replaced my 4w and changed my game. Scoring has been better with this club. I can’t hit it high enough however it is very straight so I’m keeping it. Fool proof on short par4 or second shot on par5s. Awesome stick. 

TaylorMade M6 Tour AD BB
Ping G400 2 Hybrid Tour AD DI
Mizuno JPX 921 Forged Irons
Titleist Vokey SM8s
Bettinardi Tour DASS
Pro V1X low number

13 minutes ago, cardoustie said:

What broke and can’t come up, the aftermarket weights?  Get a extractor drill bit ... unless I’m mis-reading 

Yes.  Aftermarket on left.  Stock on the right.  The aftermarket had a longer stem (like 3x's longer) that snapped off at the base.  That stem is now stuck in the jailbreak bars on both my Super and original Apex 19.  

image.jpeg

Edited by St Jimmy

G425 LST

G425 2 hybrid

Apex-19 3 hybrid

CB-57 3-PW

Y Grind 51

PM Grind 56

Scotty Golo 3

1 hour ago, nikeblades00 said:

Yah that's what I want to do as well. Basically a 3/4 wood replacement.

I'm surprised alot of people swapping out the stock pro Orange shaft for other shafts. 

I kept the stock shaft.  It works well for me.  In fact, It's in the Big Bertha hybrid right now. 

G425 LST

G425 2 hybrid

Apex-19 3 hybrid

CB-57 3-PW

Y Grind 51

PM Grind 56

Scotty Golo 3

I have a light one that stuck when the bit portion stripped ... used the drill to reverse out 

Scotty GoLo 7

So how does the stock tensei shaft play in these? I go XS on driver and 3w and KBS tour stiff in my irons and don’t know what flex to go for. My sub70 hybrid is XS pro force soft stepped. 

second off, is the big Bertha hybrid basically the same tech as the super?

Edited by Rbsiedsc

Driver: Callaway Epic Flash SZ with XStiff Fujikura Pro 63. [Testing Tensei Orange Pro S (1" tipped) at 44.75"]

2H: Callaway Super Hybrid with Tensei Orange Pro Hyb 80 Stiff (shaft may be swapped at some point) 

3H: Sub70 939X UST proforce V2 black F3 hybrid soft stepped XStiff UPRT setting or 2 DI:  PXG 0311X HZRDUS Smoke Black 6.0 2.5* upright

4-AW: PXG OG 0211  with KBS Tour Stiff 2.5* up 1/4" long 

Wedges: Cleveland Zipcore 54 Full/58 Mid (Backup 54*,60*: :ping-small:  S Tour KBS Tour Stiff 3* up)

Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas Stroke Lab  34"

Ball: Snell MTB-X

Tracked by Arccos

2 hours ago, Rbsiedsc said:

So how does the stock tensei shaft play in these? I go XS on driver and 3w and KBS tour stiff in my irons and don’t know what flex to go for. My sub70 hybrid is XS pro force soft stepped. 

second off, is the big Bertha hybrid basically the same tech as the super?

I am a fan of the Tensei shafts.  The Orange is in my driver and love it.  I like it in the Super Hybrid, but might experiment with the Tensei Blue that plays a bit softer for me and elevates much easier of the fairway.  Also considering the Riptide 70 which is awesome in my Mavrik fairway. I think the Orange plays a tad stiffer than its flex.  I have a 100MPH SS with my driver and the 5.5 in the Orange is perfect for me.  I would usually go to a 6.0 in the Blue.

Edited by 10of14
  • Thanks 1

Driver: Callaway Mavrik Max @ 10.5* (Playing @11.5*) w/Mitsubishi Tensei CK White [email protected] 45.0" (14g back/4g heel)

Fairway: Callaway Mavrik Max @ 15* w/Mitsubishi Tensei CK Blue 70S (14g back/4g heel)
Hybrid 1: Callaway Super Hybrid @ 20* w/Mitsubishi Tensei CK Pro Blue 80S @ 41.5"

Hybrid 2: Callaway Super Hybrid @ 25* w/Mitsubishi Tensei CK Pro Blue 70S @ 40.5" or Cobra RADSPEED @ 24* w/Fujikura Ventus Blue 70S @ 40.5"
Irons: Cobra RADSPEED (5-GW) w/KBS $ Taper Lite Black S (+1" and 2*upright)
Wedges: Cobra King MIM Black @52-8V w/KBS $ Taper Lite Black-S (+1" and 2*upright) and 57-10V w/KBS Hi-Rev 2.0 125-S (+.75")

Putter: Odyssey Stroke Lab V-Line CS @ 34"
Ball: Testing Titleist Pro V1x Left Dash vs. Snell MTB Black vs. Oncore Vero X1

Bag: Ping Pioneer Cart Bag-White/Black

1 hour ago, wdaig1 said:

I have a 17 degree I got from winning a tourney with the CK Pro Tensei Orange shaft.  It is long but it doesn’t really fit my bag.  I am getting ready to sell it.  If anyone interested, PM me.

Regular, Stiff or X Flex?

Driver: Callaway Mavrik Max @ 10.5* (Playing @11.5*) w/Mitsubishi Tensei CK White [email protected] 45.0" (14g back/4g heel)

Fairway: Callaway Mavrik Max @ 15* w/Mitsubishi Tensei CK Blue 70S (14g back/4g heel)
Hybrid 1: Callaway Super Hybrid @ 20* w/Mitsubishi Tensei CK Pro Blue 80S @ 41.5"

Hybrid 2: Callaway Super Hybrid @ 25* w/Mitsubishi Tensei CK Pro Blue 70S @ 40.5" or Cobra RADSPEED @ 24* w/Fujikura Ventus Blue 70S @ 40.5"
Irons: Cobra RADSPEED (5-GW) w/KBS $ Taper Lite Black S (+1" and 2*upright)
Wedges: Cobra King MIM Black @52-8V w/KBS $ Taper Lite Black-S (+1" and 2*upright) and 57-10V w/KBS Hi-Rev 2.0 125-S (+.75")

Putter: Odyssey Stroke Lab V-Line CS @ 34"
Ball: Testing Titleist Pro V1x Left Dash vs. Snell MTB Black vs. Oncore Vero X1

Bag: Ping Pioneer Cart Bag-White/Black

Very happy with my 20*. I like the stock Orange too. It’s easy to hit but not at all versatile, which is good!  Can really only get 200-220 out of it, no more no less. Flies high on good strikes and when I thin it (my miss) it still scoots out there. 

Definitely possible I look for a 17 and 23 at some point. Maybe next season’s CPO sales.