Cally Super Hybrid - Anyone still bagging one?

I had the 17 and never found it more consistent than a fairway wood with how long the shaft was. I tried all the settings at an outdoor range and just never got along with it, but I really wanted to. It was going to be the centerpiece I arranythe top end of my bag with to allow me to carry my X2 Hot 2 deep which is a lifesaver when the driver is wacky. I. The end my 19* 818 H1 is much more consistent for me,

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It’s like Christmas morning here, waiting on a new iron set, super hybrid and Titleist wedge, iomic grips all supposed to be here today 

I bought the 20* off of CPO.  My was freaking brand new.  Stickers all over it, couldn't see a mark on the face.  I would have argued it wasn't even used.  I have the Orange X flex.     Numb

I have the 17.  I cut the shaft down, turned it down to a 16, added a very heavy aftermarket weight and was hitting bombs.  It replaced my 3 wood.  But then the weight stem snapped off and is stuck in

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Bridges said:

2.jpg.37b77cd833ee807215ca9acfbfa2d887.jpg

8.jpg.9f8279f1893ec19d283c9067fd38cf98.jpg

I added a 4 iron this year and dropped the 23* Super Hybrid. After more than a year I still have no desire to add a fairway wood back to the bag. I lofted both of them up 2 degrees and that change made the 17* a lot more versatile and playable.

I might have to do that with my 17 as well. If windy going down to 16 is great but dialing it up to 18 or 19 may make it more useful getting it airborne. 

10 hours ago, werpennstate23 said:

For those of you that re-shafted the Super Hybrid how is that working out for you?  Particularly interested in those guys that added a Ventus, as I think that would be a lethal combo (maybe Black 9TX).  How does the new shaft compare to the Tensei Pro Orange?

Really  curious on those who reshafted as well in how they go the balancing right since this is a D2 stock on a CB shaft. Did people cut the length down to compensate?

Driver: Callaway Epic Flash SZ with XStiff Fujikura Pro 63. [Testing Tensei Orange Pro S (1" tipped) at 44.75"]

2H: Callaway Super Hybrid with Tensei Orange Pro Hyb 80 Stiff (shaft may be swapped at some point) 

3H: Sub70 939X UST proforce V2 black F3 hybrid soft stepped XStiff UPRT setting or 2 DI:  PXG 0311X HZRDUS Smoke Black 6.0 2.5* upright

4-AW: PXG OG 0211  with KBS Tour Stiff 2.5* up 1/4" long 

Wedges: Cleveland Zipcore 54 Full/58 Mid (Backup 54*,60*: :ping-small:  S Tour KBS Tour Stiff 3* up)

Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas Stroke Lab  34"

Ball: Snell MTB-X

Tracked by Arccos

A slightly less deep version of this stick that launches higher off the fairway would be incredible .... the feel is old school and unmatched for sure

• Like 1

Ping G400 Max 10.5* Project X 7.0 6A4

Ping G400 5w 16.5* Blueboard 63x + G400 7w 19.5* Blueboard 73x

Cally Apex '16 4h 23* KuroKage Slvr 80x + 5h 26* Fubuki AX400 82x

Srixon ZX7 6 - PW PX Catalyst 100 6.5 (SS 1 X)
Vokey SM2 50*, SM2 TVD M 55* Catalyst 100 6.5

Vokey SM2 TVD M 60* & SM2 64* Steelfiber 125s

Scotty GoLo 7 (35g weights)

• 1 month later...

So a question to all SH users. What shaft are you playing if not the stock? I love the Pro Orange Hybrid using the SH as a tee club. Still trying to get used to it off the deck. Anyone have more success with a different shaft?

• Like 1

Driver: Callaway Epic Flash SZ with XStiff Fujikura Pro 63. [Testing Tensei Orange Pro S (1" tipped) at 44.75"]

2H: Callaway Super Hybrid with Tensei Orange Pro Hyb 80 Stiff (shaft may be swapped at some point) 

3H: Sub70 939X UST proforce V2 black F3 hybrid soft stepped XStiff UPRT setting or 2 DI:  PXG 0311X HZRDUS Smoke Black 6.0 2.5* upright

4-AW: PXG OG 0211  with KBS Tour Stiff 2.5* up 1/4" long 

Wedges: Cleveland Zipcore 54 Full/58 Mid (Backup 54*,60*: :ping-small:  S Tour KBS Tour Stiff 3* up)

Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas Stroke Lab  34"

Ball: Snell MTB-X

Tracked by Arccos

I have the 17* stiff with Pro Orange shaft and have been testing against a 5 wood for a spot in the bag. I like the shaft, very easy to launch and get a good descent angle even from the deck. Pretty solid ~250-260 club. I'm leaning toward the 5 wood though so y'all might see that in the classifieds soon haha

• Like 1

I was also considering getting the 17* model and turning it down to replace my 3 wood.

I hit one on a launch monitor and wasn't impressed.  I found the feel to be closer to a fairway wood than a hybrid, probably due to the size of the club being significantly deeper than a hybrid.

I was also 20 yards shorter than my 3 wood.

YMMV of course but I decided against it.  Currently toying with the idea of doing the Mizuno CLK instead.  It's a real hybrid that comes naturally at 16* that can be turned down to 14* if desired.

I have a Oban Devotion in the 20* and it works great off the tee and off the deck. 

Driver - Callaway Customs MAVRIK w/Project X HC Evenflow Blue 

Fairway - Callaway Bertha Mini Driver 1.5 w/Diamana S+

Hybrid - Callaway Super Hybrid 20* w/Oban Devotion

Hybrid - Callaway Apex 19 23* w/Oban Devotion

Utility - Srixon Z U85 26* w/UST Recoil

Irons - PING i200 6-U w/Modus 105

Wedges - PING Glide 2.0 SS 54* & 58* w/Modus 105

Putter - Bettinardi iNOVAi 3.0 Tour Prototype

Titleist ProV1x

I bought a 20 off CPO to compete with my G400 5 wood. I have and like the BB19 4h which I like, so I figured the SH would be a slam dunk. Can't say it has worked out that way. I don't find it does anything special. Definitely a left leaning club even cranked open for me which I don't need in my game. I find the G400 much more versatile and easier to hit from the tee and fairway. I have the Tensei Orange in it btw, a Recoil in the BB19.

The SH is going to find a new home. The BB19 may as well. I was given an M3 4h by a buddy which I put in play last weekend and hit it very well. Does everything I need in a hybrid and gaps well, something the BB19 doesn't always do because I tend to have a flyer or 3 every round forcing me to scramble. The ME feels more predictable.

21 hours ago, Rbsiedsc said:

So a question to all SH users. What shaft are you playing if not the stock? I love the Pro Orange Hybrid using the SH as a tee club. Still trying to get used to it off the deck. Anyone have more success with a different shaft?

Orange shaft.  I think it is as good as my other hybrid Tour AD DI hybrid with slightly different load and feel. 

TaylorMade SIM 2 MAX Ventus Black Velocore
Ping G400 2 Hybrid Tour AD DI
Mizuno JPX 921 Forged Irons
Titleist Vokey SM8s
Bettinardi Tour DASS
Pro V1X low number