How could anyone be a fan of Patrick Reed?

JermWRX

Just now, Shilgy said:

E evidently you and I don’t get it….in lack of evidence we must convict one Patrick Reed.  I’ve learned in this thread he is a persistent, or is it chronic cheater.  Although I can only for the life of me think of one time he has been penalized on tour.
Dang, he must be a really good cheater to never get caught. 😏

Yep.   Just using logic.  I don’t have these soothsaying abilities.     

I’ve been in these situations on the course many times in tournaments.   You make the best call you can.  With the info you have.  You’re not holding up the world waiting for an official.  It’s only being questioned because of who it is. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Callaway epic max LS 9* GD-M9003 7x 

TM Sim2 max tour  16* GD  ADHD 8x 

srixon zx 19* elements 9F5T 

Cobra king SZ 25.5* KBS TD cat 5 70 

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

Mizuno T22 raw 52-56-60 s400

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

49 minutes ago, bladehunter said:

Honestly I’d say it the same way most likely.  

trying to be objective. But if I ask “ did you see it bounce “ and the answer is no.   I’d likely say “ she said it didn’t bounce “.  Or “ she said she didn’t see a bounce “.   To me.  They mean the same. She doesn’t think it bounced. 

which is the info needed to make the call. What other info to go on is there ?  

Since you're trying to be objective, try the question like this:

Reed(to marshal: 'did you SEE that man over there rob the bank?'

Marshal: 'no'

Reed(to partners): ' she (marshal) said he didn't rob the bank.'

Perhaps there is a difference in what was said and what actually may have happened.

33 minutes ago, oikos1 said:

Perhaps there is a difference in what was said and what actually may have happened.

It is possible there is a difference in what was said and what happened.  No doubt about that as you stated. What we do know in that case is that no one saw the ball bounce, even those nearby and those watching the flight of the ball, and the ball was plugged.

Would you want to be called a chronic cheater for playing it as embedded?

Titleist TSR4 9° Tensei AV White 65

Titleist TSi3 strong 3w 13.5° Tensei AV White 70

Titleist TS3 19°  hybrid Tensei Blue/Titleist TSR3 24° Diamana Ahina

Titleist T150 5-pw Nippon Pro Modus 125

Vokey SM8 50° F & 56° M SM9 60°M

Cameron Newport w/ flow neck by Lamont/ Cameron Del Mar

1 hour ago, oikos1 said:

Right. But in the moment with no other info all you can conclude is that The only witness says that’s not the guy who robbed the bank. Or maybe that the bank wasn’t rubbed at all.  Or that this “ witness” isn’t an actual witness. But you can’t jump to “ yes he robbed the bank “.  

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

20 minutes ago, bladehunter said:

Right. But in the moment with no other info all you can conclude is that The only witness says that’s not the guy who robbed the bank. Or maybe that the bank wasn’t rubbed at all.  Or that this “ witness” isn’t an actual witness. But you can’t jump to “ yes he robbed the bank “.  

I never said he robbed the bank.  The transfer of information is what is in question.  That is actually separate as to whether or not he actually robbed the bank.

Of course, when observing the video, we do see the ball bounce on it's first hit.  According to Patrick, it plugged, so that's all we have to go on since he removed his ball prior to the official's arrival.

1 hour ago, Shilgy said:

It is possible there is a difference in what was said and what happened.  No doubt about that as you stated. What we do know in that case is that no one saw the ball bounce, even those nearby and those watching the flight of the ball, and the ball was plugged.

Nope. 

30 minutes ago, bladehunter said:

Wait,

PR robbed a bank now?!

I thought he still blowing up trains like

• Haha 1

27 minutes ago, bscinstnct said:

Wait,

PR robbed a bank now?!

I thought he still blowing up trains like

He needed to rob the bank to pay back his professor for stealing his Scotty Cameron…what a scoundrel! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Titleist TSR2 8.25* Project X EvenFlow T1100 White 6.0
Titleist TSR3 15* Project X Hzrdus Smoke RBX 6.0
Titleist U505 3 Iron Project X Hzrdus Smoke RBX 6.0
Titleist T200/T150 4-PW KBS Tour Stiff
Titleist Vokey SM9 50.08F, 54.12D (Raw) & 60.04L (Raw) True Temper S200
Scotty Cameron Futura 5S
ProV1 2023

3 hours ago, Shilgy said:

It wasn’t embedded though. Balls don’t bounce and embed after the first bounce in the rough. 

Ping G410 LST 10* (DI-6X)
Ping G410 3W 15.5* (DI-7X)
Ping i20 3-PW (DI-95X, PX 6.0)
Ping Glide 2.0 50*SS, 56*SS, 60*ES (PX 6.0)
Ping Vault Arna

3 hours ago, bladehunter said:

Reed(defendant) to witness: did you SEE me rob the bank?

witness: no

Reed: she said I didn’t rob the bank your honour..

Honestly I think it’s far worse than his sandcastle episode because he was willing to throw an innocent volunteer under the bus on this occasion as well

Edited by milesgiles

1 hour ago, snagy2000 said:

The PGA rules official said it was...Guess he lied...

They said it was only because Reed had already picked up the ball before he got there to examine it

Ping Vault Arna

5 hours ago, Holy Moses said:

It wasn’t embedded though. Balls don’t bounce and embed after the first bounce in the rough. 

You are correct it was not embedded in its own pitch mark. So by rule he was not entitled to relief. Absolutely.  But what none of us know, without seeing the video which he had not, was that it wasn’t his own pitch mark.  Feel free to paint Reed a nefarious hue for asking the official if it was seen to have bounced.  Or accept at face value he was asking for information he did not yet have.  I realize those with pitchforks will see it how they choose.  Those that realize on a golf course of 200+ acres things happen will see it differently.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 10/30/2021 at 3:09 PM, Shilgy said:

Umm, I’m not taking a side….other than debating a poster about Reed supposedly being a persistent cheater….but c’mon man.  You can’t say you can see the sand be shoveled so that proves it wasn’t altered!  If the point was trying to blame the camera angle I would agree with you.

So I can't watch it live and see him shoveling sand? The whole conspiracy theory is just comical that CBS really was trying to out him. The integrity of some of the commentators is 10x Reed and they have nothing to gain. He cheated and got caught. Now it appears his wife or other family member is going to die on that hill. Why don't they get whoever did the forensic analysis to talk about it?

Edited by MUNIGRIT

5 hours ago, milesgiles said:

Reed(defendant) to witness: did you SEE me rob the bank?

witness: no

Reed: she said I didn’t rob the bank your honour..

Honestly I think it’s far worse than his sandcastle episode because he was willing to throw an innocent volunteer under the bus on this occasion as well

Lol.  That’s just crazy talk.  Everybody knows that volunteers are the worlds worst.  I mean who has time to give for free ?  Power hungry people.  That’s who !  She probably stepped on it . Which explains why she passed the visual lie detector as she said “ no “.   She was telling the truth.  She didn’t see it bounce.  She was standing on it ! 

Edited by bladehunter

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

44 minutes ago, Shilgy said:

You are correct it was not embedded in its own pitch mark. So by rule he was not entitled to relief. Absolutely.  But what none of us know, without seeing the video which he had not, was that it wasn’t his own pitch mark.  Feel free to paint Reed a nefarious hue for asking the official if it was seen to have bounced.  Or accept at face value he was asking for information he did not yet have.  I realize those with pitchforks will see it how they choose.  Those that realize on a golf course of 200+ acres things happen will see it differently.

Exactly.  It’s just willful bias at this point.  Anybody with an ounce of sense can see this.  And  anybody in this thread has more sense than that.  

• Like 1

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

24 minutes ago, bladehunter said:

Exactly.  It’s just willful bias at this point.  Anybody with an ounce of sense can see this.  And  anybody in this thread has more sense than that.  

I have no skin in the game at all. I enjoy watching him and have done live. Outside of the Ryder Cup i’ll root for who I want regardless of where they are from. Bryson is my current favourite..

But Reed lied. That’s cheating. 

11 hours ago, Shilgy said:

E evidently you and I don’t get it….in lack of evidence we must convict one Patrick Reed.  I’ve learned in this thread he is a persistent, or is it chronic cheater.  Although I can only for the life of me think of one time he has been penalized on tour.
Dang, he must be a really good cheater to never get caught. 😏

Its not in the interest of any professional sport to catch cheaters. When cycling threw out all its drugs cheats the sponsors left in droves. Now they are all cycling faster than ever..

look at the size of footballers. The speed of sprinters. Weightlifting records in every category in every games. When there is a commercial interest to protect, that’s the priority. Not ‘catching cheats’

In answering the OP’s question, my buddy’s kid participated in some sort of pga junior kids deal and when the tour was at quail hollow a few years ago, his kid got to hang with PReed for a few holes during a practice round  while my buddy followed them along  and my buddy said PReed could not have been any cooler or more welcoming or accommodating or just genuine. He said he’s a fan for life now. There were no cameras around and no media…I’m sure PReed means well…but when the world is watching it’s easy to screw up.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, milesgiles said:

Its not in the interest of any professional sport to catch cheaters. When cycling threw out all its drugs cheats the sponsors left in droves. Now they are all cycling faster than ever..

look at the size of footballers. The speed of sprinters. Weightlifting records in every category in every games. When there is a commercial interest to protect, that’s the priority. Not ‘catching cheats’

Reed on roids now?!

Man, this guy is bad news. 

I bet he steal some dat Augusta dinner service too.

Jack be like,

I saw you swipe that butter knife Patrick 🤣

3662E46E-764D-42BF-AD56-B44710617610.jpeg

Edited by bscinstnct
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, MUNIGRIT said:

So I can't watch it live and see him shoveling sand? The whole conspiracy theory is just comical that CBS really was trying to out him. The integrity of some of the commentators is 10x Reed and they have nothing to gain. He cheated and got caught. Now it appears his wife or other family member is going to die on that hill. Why don't they get whoever did the forensic analysis to talk about it?

You misunderstood what I was saying…..for the sake of discussion let’s say it was altered.  In that case that’s exactly why you can see it being shoveled.  I do think he broke the rule in that case so certainly saying anything about the video. 

1 hour ago, Shilgy said:

The chance of the ball embedding in someone else’s pitch mark after a bounce in the rough is essentially impossible. The chance that Reed didn’t like his lie and picked his ball up before anyone else could see it is a million times more likely. 

Ping Vault Arna

1 minute ago, Shilgy said:

You misunderstood what I was saying…..for the sake of discussion let’s say it was altered.  In that case that’s exactly why you can see it being shoveled.  I do think he broke the rule in that case so certainly saying anything about the video. 

Why would the PGA Tour and/or NBC risk a lawsuit and their very credibility as a professional golf league to discredit someone that most everyone knows is already a cheater? Reed is going to step in it again, just let him. No need to force it. The Tour historically has gone to extreme lengths to protect their stars, of which Reed is one of them. Why would they change their mind now?

Ping Vault Arna

1 minute ago, Holy Moses said:

Why would the PGA Tour and/or NBC risk a lawsuit and their very credibility as a professional golf league to discredit someone that most everyone knows is already a cheater? Reed is going to step in it again, just let him. No need to force it. The Tour historically has gone to extreme lengths to protect their stars, of which Reed is one of them. Why would they change their mind now?

I agree, did you read my post. What was unclear.?

I DO NOT THINK IT WAS ALTERED.

42 minutes ago, averysdad said:

In answering the OP’s question, my buddy’s kid participated in some sort of pga junior kids deal and when the tour was at quail hollow a few years ago, his kid got to hang with PReed for a few holes during a practice round  while my buddy followed them along  and my buddy said PReed could not have been any cooler or more welcoming or accommodating or just genuine. He said he’s a fan for life now. There were no cameras around and no media…I’m sure PReed means well…but when the world is watching it’s easy to screw up.

It’s easy to screw up when you shovel sand behind your crappy lie in a bunker in order to get it out more easily

Ping Vault Arna