Scott Brown with MMT graphite shafts in his ProTo Concept irons - 2021 WMPO

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Yet again I'm squarely within the golf-hipster category. Started playing these before they were cool. LOL   I currently play the 125TXs and based on everything I've read and my own personal

Very cool.  Thanks Greg.  I hear that the MMT shafts are the shiz.  😁

New company who had them at American Express and I shot there.  Clubs are ProTo Concept.  They said their website would be up in March.     Greg

Posted Images

1 hour ago, pga43 said:

I heard that a number of other players may/will be putting these MMT iron shafts in play, including Scott Stallings.

Greg

Very cool.  Thanks Greg.  I hear that the MMT shafts are the shiz.  😁

• Like 2

TM SIM 2, 8* w/Ventus Black 7x

TM SIM 15* w/Ventus Blue 8x

TM Tour Issue Deep Face Ghost Proto TP 2 HB  w/Thump 105x

New Level NLU-01 21* w/KBS Proto 105x

New Level 623-M 5-PW w/MMT 125 TX

54* Miura HB w/KBS 610 S+, 58* Miura w/KBS Tour Black

Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 1

4 minutes ago, PureStrikes54 said:

These are seeing crazy fast uptake. These must be awesome. Rickie, Charles Howell, Scott Brown, and Scott Stallings/potentially others according to Greg. If anyone's hit these would be curious to know the profile or a similar feeling steel shaft. 

Yet again I'm squarely within the golf-hipster category. Started playing these before they were cool. LOL

I currently play the 125TXs and based on everything I've read and my own personal experience, they are meant to be modeled after the x100. I was playing S300s last year and with improvements to my swing and speed, I started to lose balls in the stratosphere. Instead of going to x100s, which I've played in the past and haven't particularly loved, I decided to test the MMTs. What I found is that they give me the stiffness and overall shaft profile that fits my game, but they maintain such a fantastic feel. I actually think I like the feel of these shafts more than the S300s, which I quite liked.

I don't want to oversell, but I think you're going to continue to see more and more high caliber players put these into play. I've experienced absolutely no downsides thus far.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

SIM 10.5* playing @ 8.5* | Accra TZ5 65 M5 💣
TS2 15* | Graphite Design Tour AD Blue 75 X 🔥

3i: P770 @ 21* | Mitsubishi MMT 125TX
4-PW: Ping Blueprint Red Dot Power Spec | Mitsubishi MMT 125TX 💵
50: Cleveland RTX4 | Mitsubishi MMT 125TX 🎯
54&60: Ping Glide Forged | Mitsubishi MMT 125TX 💦
Putter: Spider X Navy 34" 🧊

19 minutes ago, elcgolf said:

When did Callaway drop him? Are companies just dropping these 2nd/3rd tier players to save money? I feel like there are so many free agents at this point.

I believe it had to do with Scott playing the Titleist golf ball.  I think once it was time to renew the contract the ball became the sticking point.  He played Titleist irons most of last year with Mizuno irons in their at least for a day or two at Honda.

Greg

• Like 2

GolfWRX.com
twitter @gdm43pga

7 minutes ago, Champ2430 said:

Now does the 125 TX and the 105 TX have the same profile mostly? Will the 105 play like a x100 still but just lighter? 

Does the X100 (105x) play like x100? 

WITB
- TI M3 - 10.5 w/ Haz Black or Tour Issued Matrix Black Tie S+
- TI SLDR Mini 16* w/ Tp6HD tipped/butted S+
- Tour Issued m1 5w w/ Diamana D+ 75s
-  Tour Issue m2 5hl w/ Proto 80x  /  GAPR 3hi 80s 

-  MPh5 4-5, MP25 6-p w/CTapers 120s
- Tour Issue Cleveland CG12 52-58 r300 shafts (I must be old)
- Putters = Testing Everything and Anything to try and improve.

Golf is what you make of it.  Play grateful and accepting. We are all lucky to have it!

16 minutes ago, Ben Berube said:

Does the X100 (105x) play like x100? 

I would be surprised to think so.  I have some 105 "S" test clubs which are nice but didn't fit me the way I had hoped. 

Feel and bend profiles are similar between MMT 105 TX at 113g, and MMT 125 TX at 125 (mid-high bend) but different from DG-X100 at 130g (high bend.)

Edited by Pepperturbo
  • Titleist TS2 9.5', Ventus 5 "S"
  • Titleist TS2 16', Ventus 7 "S"
  • Titleist 718 T-MB 17' 2i Tensei AV White AM "S"
  • Titleist 620 Series 3i-PW Tensei AV White AM "S"
  • SM6 F-52/8 Tensei AV White AM "S"
  • SM6 M-58/8 DGS200 "S"
  • SC CA Monterey
  • ProV1x, AVX, ProV1

Curious about the bumps?

I acutally just biught a set of the 125g in stiff.  Will either put them in my T100S irons or a set of Apex Pro 21s.  
No idea what to expect.  

• Like 1

Titleist TSi2 10, Fujikura Ventus Blue Velocore 6X, 45"

Titleist TSi2 16.5, Fujikura Ventus Red Velocore 7X, 43"

TaylorMade GAPR Mid 4, KBS

Titleist T100S, KBS C-Taper S+ 5-PW

Titleist SM8, 50F, 54S, 60D, TT S400 Custom 

Scotty Cameron Phantom X12, 35", Stability Tour

[url="https://www.instagram.com/dnice262626/"]https://www.instagram.com/dnice262626/[/url]

Just spoke to a distributor who was told by Mitsubishi that every 125TX they have is being sent to tour for players to test... retail sales are backordered until April 1st at earliest. Could see some heavy adoption in the coming months.

Sim 2 9* - Testing

TM SIM 15* - AD-DI 7X

Taylormade Gapr LO 19* - AD-DI 95X

P7TW 4-PW - DG TI X100

Vokey 50/54/58

Scotty Cameron My Girl 2018

On 2/3/2021 at 12:20 PM, PureStrikes54 said:

These are seeing crazy fast uptake. These must be awesome. Rickie, Charles Howell, Scott Brown, and Scott Stallings/potentially others according to Greg. If anyone's hit these would be curious to know the profile or a similar feeling steel shaft. 

Very much similar, without the vibration. My shot dispersion is actually tighter than with my TI x100. The ball flight is excellent, unlike any graphite iron shaft I’ve tried in the past. If I was handed them and blindfolded and hit balls, I wouldn’t know they weren’t steel except the lack of vibration. Very very impressed!

On 2/3/2021 at 10:28 AM, JakeW13 said:

Yet again I'm squarely within the golf-hipster category. Started playing these before they were cool. LOL

I currently play the 125TXs and based on everything I've read and my own personal experience, they are meant to be modeled after the x100. I was playing S300s last year and with improvements to my swing and speed, I started to lose balls in the stratosphere. Instead of going to x100s, which I've played in the past and haven't particularly loved, I decided to test the MMTs. What I found is that they give me the stiffness and overall shaft profile that fits my game, but they maintain such a fantastic feel. I actually think I like the feel of these shafts more than the S300s, which I quite liked.

I don't want to oversell, but I think you're going to continue to see more and more high caliber players put these into play. I've experienced absolutely no downsides thus far.

We've talked in another post about the MMT.  I agree that they are closer to S300/X100 shafts depending on which flex you get without the harsh vibrations that steel shafts in general are known for.  You are def not overselling them.  I think they are the best composite shafts on the market.  They feel great, have lower ball flight and spin, come in different weights and flexes, and the transition from steel to the MMT is seamless IMO. 

TM SIM 2, 8* w/Ventus Black 7x

TM SIM 15* w/Ventus Blue 8x

TM Tour Issue Deep Face Ghost Proto TP 2 HB  w/Thump 105x

New Level NLU-01 21* w/KBS Proto 105x

New Level 623-M 5-PW w/MMT 125 TX

54* Miura HB w/KBS 610 S+, 58* Miura w/KBS Tour Black

Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 1

On 2/3/2021 at 7:01 PM, pga43 said:

I believe it had to do with Scott playing the Titleist golf ball.  I think once it was time to renew the contract the ball became the sticking point.  He played Titleist irons most of last year with Mizuno irons in their at least for a day or two at Honda.

Greg

Kisner still plays the Pro V and is still under contract playing Callaway clubs, so maybe Kisner's world ranking kept him safe from being dropped.

• Driver - Epic Max LS
  • 4 Wood - Company that shall not be named, turned down 1* and open on a UST Mamaiya Black
  • 7 Wood - Company that shall not be named, turned down 1* and open on a UST Mamaiya Black
  • Hybrid - Ping G400 17*
  • Irons = Srixon ZX4 4 iron on Recoil 110
  • Irons = Srixon ZX5 5 iron on Recoil 110
  • Irons - Srixon ZX7 (6-PW) on Recoil 110
  • Wedges - Cleveland 50* mid Zipcore, MD5 54*, 60* Mid Zipcore all on Recoil 110
  • Putters -  Sunset Beach Ocracoke or Mannkrafted MA/66
  • Ball - TP5 or Srixon Z Star 
1 minute ago, driveandputtmachine said:

Kisner still plays the Pro V and is still under contract playing Callaway clubs, so maybe Kisner's world ranking kept him safe from being dropped.

Let’s see what happens when his Callaway contract comes up for renewal. I’ve been told part of getting signed/resigned by Callaway now includes playing their ball

nothing to do with world ranking. If you signed the contract and it didn’t require you to play the ball, Callaway just waits until the contract expires before the ball requirement is part of the new contract

Scott wasn’t “dropped”, he just didn’t resign with Callaway. 

Greg

• Like 1

GolfWRX.com
twitter @gdm43pga

1 hour ago, pga43 said:

Let’s see what happens when his Callaway contract comes up for renewal. I’ve been told part of getting signed/resigned by Callaway now includes playing their ball

nothing to do with world ranking. If you signed the contract and it didn’t require you to play the ball, Callaway just waits until the contract expires before the ball requirement is part of the new contract

Scott wasn’t “dropped”, he just didn’t resign with Callaway. 

Greg

Great scoop!  Will be interesting how the ball requirement will play out across the board.  Potential smart move by Callaway.   

Titleist TSi3 9.25*  HZRDUS Smoke Green 6.5tx 
Titleist TSi3 5W 18* Tensei AV Raw White- x
Srixon Z 745 (4-pw) KBS tour-x
Mizuno T20 51* 54* 60* TT x-100
Callaway PM Grind 64*
SC Studio Design no. 2
Pro V1