2024 RBC Heritage WITB photos ×

Autoflex vs adila rogue 995 elite green x 55gram

extrastiff

I am trying the adila at longer lengths, and it feels like the auto flex is said to feel. Whippy, but squares up nicely. 58 grams in xflex. 

Has anyone tried autoflex at 46+ inches vs the adila or something similar and light?

for the price difference, seems worth a comparison video

Edited by extrastiff

Radspeed 8, 13.5, 17.5/hzrdusgreentx                                                           Radspeed 21/tz4100m5+
Utility one length 3,4 iron/mmt105tx
                                                              Forged one length 6-9/x100 wedge onyx

vokey 46*8, 54*8, 62*8/s400 wedge onyx                                                    phantom x5/stabilitytour

L

Edited by extrastiff

Radspeed 8, 13.5, 17.5/hzrdusgreentx                                                           Radspeed 21/tz4100m5+

vokey 46*8, 54*8, 62*8/s400 wedge onyx                                                    phantom x5/stabilitytour

• 2 months later...

I was just about to post about my experience but found this so I'll keep it going here for now. I played an autoflex 505x at 46.75 and then 46 and now trying an Aldila Rogue Elite Blue (859) 55x currently at 46.25" but cutting down soon to 46" (weighed exactly 55g uncut). I've had success with both whiteboard(Aldila Green) and blueboard shafts but recently been loving blueboards so I went that route. The first thing to point out is a few years ago the Aldila Rogue Elites were $285 I think but you can find them now for $60, not a ton left. Next I wanted something between 50-60grams in an X flex which was hard to find but found this. In all of my builds I'm playing a Sim 8* standard loft. Autoflex builds were 194g headweight including adapter, Aldila Rogue Elite Blue  and my old gamer Diamana S60x both 201g including adapter. The Diamana was the taylormade stock shaft but I hit it great and keep coming back to it.

I had decent success with the autoflex but lately have not felt comfortable increasing my swing speed. A smooth swing was still straight, long and controllable but I didn't feel like I could swing any faster. The shaft definitely added some distance with the extra kick but as soon as I tried to up the speed with a more aggressive swing the dispersion and strike pattern suffered. On the flip side when I would pop my Diamana back in I could swing faster more aggressively and hit almost as long and straight which is what prompted the search for a lighter shaft. The TXG video with Matt swinging the Ventus blue just as fast is what got me thinking. I've said in other forums I don't think the shaft just being light and long was why he swung it as fast as the autoflex, I think he trusted it more.

I'm a few range sessions and one round into my Aldila experiment but it is great so far. I asked the golf shop to build it 46 straight away but it came back a little long 46.25 when I measured at home. Figured I might as well test first then drop it down to 46. Dispersion is every bit as good as my old trusted Diamana gamer but definitely longer. I can't tell for sure yet vs the autoflex but I plan to get to a gc quad range at some point to do head to head testing. 

@extrastiff For the whip feeling I think the autoflex still feels on the other side of the spectrum compared to the Aldila and Diamana. I would go most to least whippy - Autoflex > big gap > aldila REB 55x > diamana s60x > ventus blue 6x > ventus black 6x. My guess is you swing faster so I'm sure that contributes to your feeling. Last time I was on Trackman with the diamana I was 107mph.

I used to play and practice a ton but I had a kid about 6 months ago and now don't get to more than once or twice a week now.

• Like 2

Driver: Sim OG 8* (-2g), Diamana ZF 40x

3wood: Sim Ti Rocket 14*, SMT 3390 Tour V 50x

5wood: Sim Ti @18*, SMT 3390 Tour V 50x

4i-GW: Ke4 Max (-8g), SMT Bassara 65x +1"

SW: CBX2 52*, Rotex Precision 90g wedge flex

LW: Tour Grind MG 60*

P: 2013 Scotty Cameron Newport Black, Pistolero

Grips: Lamkin Crossline 58r

Ball: TP5X 2019

23 hours ago, enfuego said:

I was just about to post about my experience but found this so I'll keep it going here for now. I played an autoflex 505x at 46.75 and then 46 and now trying an Aldila Rogue Elite Blue (859) 55x currently at 46.25" but cutting down soon to 46" (weighed exactly 55g uncut). I've had success with both whiteboard(Aldila Green) and blueboard shafts but recently been loving blueboards so I went that route. The first thing to point out is a few years ago the Aldila Rogue Elites were $285 I think but you can find them now for $60, not a ton left. Next I wanted something between 50-60grams in an X flex which was hard to find but found this. In all of my builds I'm playing a Sim 8* standard loft. Autoflex builds were 194g headweight including adapter, Aldila Rogue Elite Blue  and my old gamer Diamana S60x both 201g including adapter. The Diamana was the taylormade stock shaft but I hit it great and keep coming back to it.

I had decent success with the autoflex but lately have not felt comfortable increasing my swing speed. A smooth swing was still straight, long and controllable but I didn't feel like I could swing any faster. The shaft definitely added some distance with the extra kick but as soon as I tried to up the speed with a more aggressive swing the dispersion and strike pattern suffered. On the flip side when I would pop my Diamana back in I could swing faster more aggressively and hit almost as long and straight which is what prompted the search for a lighter shaft. The TXG video with Matt swinging the Ventus blue just as fast is what got me thinking. I've said in other forums I don't think the shaft just being light and long was why he swung it as fast as the autoflex, I think he trusted it more.

I'm a few range sessions and one round into my Aldila experiment but it is great so far. I asked the golf shop to build it 46 straight away but it came back a little long 46.25 when I measured at home. Figured I might as well test first then drop it down to 46. Dispersion is every bit as good as my old trusted Diamana gamer but definitely longer. I can't tell for sure yet vs the autoflex but I plan to get to a gc quad range at some point to do head to head testing. 

@extrastiff For the whip feeling I think the autoflex still feels on the other side of the spectrum compared to the Aldila and Diamana. I would go most to least whippy - Autoflex > big gap > aldila REB 55x > diamana s60x > ventus blue 6x > ventus black 6x. My guess is you swing faster so I'm sure that contributes to your feeling. Last time I was on Trackman with the diamana I was 107mph.

I used to play and practice a ton but I had a kid about 6 months ago and now don't get to more than once or twice a week now.

I have done more testing with the adila 995 green 55x. It’s a beast. 195+ball speeds. Would be really curious to see a auto flex go head to head with it. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, extrastiff said:

I have done more testing with the adila 995 green 55x. It’s a beast. 195+ball speeds. Would be really curious to see a auto flex go head to head with it. 

you certainly have the speed for the name extrastiff, I had a hunch you'd be up there, missed opportunity not going with TX. Curious what differences you're seeing from the Hzrdus Green TX or other shafts if you know any of these stats - ball speed, carry, spin, dispersion, confidence in shot shape? Also what length for the Aldila and Hzrdus/other shafts?

Edited by enfuego

Driver: Sim OG 8* (-2g), Diamana ZF 40x

3wood: Sim Ti Rocket 14*, SMT 3390 Tour V 50x

5wood: Sim Ti @18*, SMT 3390 Tour V 50x

4i-GW: Ke4 Max (-8g), SMT Bassara 65x +1"

SW: CBX2 52*, Rotex Precision 90g wedge flex

LW: Tour Grind MG 60*

P: 2013 Scotty Cameron Newport Black, Pistolero

Grips: Lamkin Crossline 58r

Ball: TP5X 2019

44 minutes ago, enfuego said:

you certainly have the speed for the name extrastiff, I had a hunch you'd be up there, missed opportunity not going with TX. Curious what differences you're seeing from the Hzrdus Green TX or other shafts if you know any of these stats - ball speed, carry, spin, dispersion, confidence in shot shape? Also what length for the Aldila and Hzrdus/other shafts?

tx on the adila? Couldn’t find it. 

As far at stats, Today was the day! I finally had a chance to build and test 

(lengths approx right now, tipping is varied), and today I got to hit. Wat a day. Grips barely on before I started swinging. 

-adila 55x at 46.25

-tronotx65 at 45.75

-hulktx65 at 45.5

-tronotx65 at44.5

it as a blast, best range session ever.  I have a rapidly improving swing, and my weight is primarily on my heels in my setup.  Hip clear is easy and fast, and my club head speeds are popping. I used to not be able to activate the trono.  Now, I can whip it. 

I owe another thread some video, I’m going tomorrow to film with gcquad and get numbers on all.  But here is review 

-adila 55x at 46.25

Long drive shaft. Light, whippy, fast, but actually stable with the right swing. I started with this shaft. It was easy. 7.5 loft, cobra radspeed. Range Balls out of the park. Not the best swings, 50%success rate, lots of slices, typical for me as I work through swing changes and sucking in general.   This week started committing to this latest swing change (even weight on my heels, no stack, no toes).

-tronotx at44.5

moved onto this one next. Thought it was the longer one. Planned on putting lead tape on shorter trono setup, so this was prob at c8 swingweight or something. Was terrible (at first.....keep reading).  Duck hooks, etc. 0% sucess rate. Put it aside with disgust. 

-tronotx at45.75

after some contemplating life, I realized the shaft I had picked up was wrong. Huge relief. Blame the arrow.  So I grabbed the longer trono. Spent 30 minutes on this one. Stable,amazing. Fast. Started really committing to swing changes and setup choices, started mashing the ball. First time I had earned the tronos power lol. First whips out of it, and best I have ever swung the club.This week In general, with irons too, highest speeds and best swings.   with that swing change. So with driver, now that I saw I could swing what felt like mid 140 club speed, i finally built all the shafts, u know I’m feeling good. Amped, I am excited. So I go Into Draw stance, turned loft up to 9, draw setting, ball moved back in stance. Basically I mentally get smarter about solving slices cause I’m not so caught up in 50 swing thoughts and club build thoughts Lol. my new thoughts feel simple and effortless. So I start cranking. Then stop. Cause they are all strait, and I’m loosing the owners range balls over fence every shot. 
-hulktx at 45.5

Picked this up excitedly. At this point, no lead tape. Absolute mash with this one too. Only hit 5, cause all out of the park and I’m turning heads.I know the owner, he forgives me 🙂 I love it. Not as stiff as trono, fade biased even with my draw setup. Fast fast fast, feels whippier and faster than trono, but not unstablish like the adila. 

-tronotx at44.5

i revisit. It goes amazing with commitment to swing. I add lead tape. Accurate missiles. Def shortest drives, but my favorite so far. Hard to argue with consistently 320 and straight
-adila55x

i revisit. Long drive walk off. I don’t hit another. Highest ball speeds by far, and of my life. 

gcquad tomorrow. Might take out the krank long driver with this new swing;)

Edited by extrastiff

57 minutes ago, enfuego said:

Extrastiff is not cause I can swing fast 🙂

• 2 weeks later...

For anyone following..

after further testing, it’s pretty clear the 46.5 adila build is a wet noodle for 120+ Ss. It is absolutely longer than my gamer shaft, but I have to setup hook stance to get it going soft fade instead of slice. 

it is awesome though, but if auto flex or the tensei 1K offer more stability, they would definitely be more my speed. I may keep an eye out for one of those. 

for anyone under 120 swing speed, don’t waste your money, the Adila will check all the same boxes as tensei or auto flex 

Edited by extrastiff
  • Like 2