Input on Ventus Black & Blue

Currently pondering a SIM2 / SIM 2 Max in 10.5 or higher loft and putting a Ventus Black/Blue 6X. Then also a 16.5 Sim 2 Max fairway with a Ventus Black/Blue 7X and a 19*/22* Sim 2 Max with a Ventus Blue HB 9X. Currently playing a M3 10.5 with a GD Tour AD-DI 7X that I hit good but feel like there is room for improvement from both a accuracy and distance standpoint. Mostly accuracy. Titleist TS2 15* with a GD Tour AD-DI 8X and a M6 19* Hybrid with a Fuji Pro 2.0 Blue. 

Driver is a good trajectory fairly high but spin is typically around 2200-2300 with a 10-12* LA. Usually carry is 285 with a rollout to 300 when its not wet here in the PACNW. 3wd is a pretty low trajectory and is great off the tee but often gets too close to the driver. Coming into par 5's something a little higher launch would be nice but still be able to use off the tee is ideal. Hybrid flight is good but the shaft feels a little loose for me and at times the left miss comes into play where the Driver and 3wd typically the miss is right. Prefer to eliminate the left side if possible. Hybrid is used coming into par 5's alot and on really tight par 4's. 

Anyone have any input or expeeience going from 70 gram shaft to 60 gram shafts in the driver and also going lighter in the 3wd? 

One last reference for shafts I play is $-Taper 130's in my irons and I love the feel and trajectory I get from them. 

**WITB as of 3/5/20201**
Waiting on:

Taylormade SIM 2 - 10.5* - Ventus Black 6X

Taylormade SIM 2 MAX - 15* Ventus Blue 7X

Taylormade SIM 2 MAX Hybrid - 19* Ventus Blue HB 9X

Miura TC-201 4-PW KBS $-Taper 130X Black / Miura MC-501 3-PW $-Taper 130X

SM8 DG TI S400 Black Onyx /50F/54D/58D
Golf Pride Tour Velvet Midsize
TaylorMade TP Soto 33.5” with Super Stroke Pistol GTR 2.0 - Side Piece TaylorMade Spider X 33.5"

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Haven`t really played around with 3W shafts in ages so it`ll be just my 2 cents concerning the drivers.   The ventus Black 6x could be good, maybe gain a touch of speed because of the weight

I have a Black 6s in my driver and I am getting a 7S Blue in my 3 wood. 

If you look at my sig, you can see I'm a fan of the Ventus line.  The Ventus blue would be the most similar to to the DI.  I had the DI as a gamer once upon a time.  Both are very tip stiff and softer

Haven`t really played around with 3W shafts in ages so it`ll be just my 2 cents concerning the drivers.

The ventus Black 6x could be good, maybe gain a touch of speed because of the weight while eliminating the left side quite well. Even when compared to the "traditional" 70g shafts it feels like a really stable shaft even at lighter weight, at least it did for me (at 115-117mph). Good numbers and dispersion. Blue I just didn`t personally like so I only hit a few with it, not much to say there unfortunately.

Not sure if you`re interested but as you`re now gaming AD-DI I have to ask, have you hit the AD-TP series? Personally there was something I really liked about it, especially out of the lighter shafts that I have hit lately the ADTP 6TX felt very nice

• Thanks 1
18 hours ago, SchneakyShort said:

Haven`t really played around with 3W shafts in ages so it`ll be just my 2 cents concerning the drivers.

The ventus Black 6x could be good, maybe gain a touch of speed because of the weight while eliminating the left side quite well. Even when compared to the "traditional" 70g shafts it feels like a really stable shaft even at lighter weight, at least it did for me (at 115-117mph). Good numbers and dispersion. Blue I just didn`t personally like so I only hit a few with it, not much to say there unfortunately.

Not sure if you`re interested but as you`re now gaming AD-DI I have to ask, have you hit the AD-TP series? Personally there was something I really liked about it, especially out of the lighter shafts that I have hit lately the ADTP 6TX felt very nice

Awesome input thanks! I’ve pondered the TP but never hit it. 

**WITB as of 3/5/20201**
Waiting on:

TaylorMade TP Soto 33.5” with Super Stroke Pistol GTR 2.0 - Side Piece TaylorMade Spider X 33.5"

If you look at my sig, you can see I'm a fan of the Ventus line.  The Ventus blue would be the most similar to to the DI.  I had the DI as a gamer once upon a time.  Both are very tip stiff and softer in the mid section.  The 7x is not high launch and more mid launch with low spin.  If you are looking for a lower flight with driver, the black would fit.  The blue is great for fairway metals and would fit most as it launches a tad higher but with the same low spin as the black.  I wanted to go with the black in my 3 metal and the numbers were fine off the tee, but I needed a little higher launch and 300 to 500 rpm more spin. 

• Like 1

TM SIM 2, 8* w/Ventus Black 7x

TM SIM 15* w/Ventus Blue 8x

TM Tour Issue Deep Face Ghost Proto TP 2 HB  w/Thump 105x

New Level NLU-01 21* w/KBS Proto 105x

New Level 623-M 5-PW w/MMT 125 TX

54* Miura HB w/KBS 610 S+, 58* Miura w/KBS Tour Black

Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 1

5 hours ago, travisscudder said:

I have a Black 6s in my driver and I am getting a 7S Blue in my 3 wood. 

How are you liking them? What did you play before?

**WITB as of 3/5/20201**
Waiting on:

4 hours ago, phizzy30 said:

If you look at my sig, you can see I'm a fan of the Ventus line.  The Ventus blue would be the most similar to to the DI.  I had the DI as a gamer once upon a time.  Both are very tip stiff and softer in the mid section.  The 7x is not high launch and more mid launch with low spin.  If you are looking for a lower flight with driver, the black would fit.  The blue is great for fairway metals and would fit most as it launches a tad higher but with the same low spin as the black.  I wanted to go with the black in my 3 metal and the numbers were fine off the tee, but I needed a little higher launch and 300 to 500 rpm more spin. 

Thanks for the input. Forgot I had a buddy who works for a custom golf shop and am getting a fitting to find out what’s best for me. 

**WITB as of 3/5/20201**
Waiting on:

8 hours ago, byoshio82 said:

Thanks for the input. Forgot I had a buddy who works for a custom golf shop and am getting a fitting to find out what’s best for me. 

You're very welcome.  Think of the Ventus blue as DI with more feel.  I felt like the DI was on the boardy side but that's probably because the VB has more carbon fiber in it and perhaps exotic materials the DI doesn't.   

• Like 1

TM SIM 2, 8* w/Ventus Black 7x

TM SIM 15* w/Ventus Blue 8x

TM Tour Issue Deep Face Ghost Proto TP 2 HB  w/Thump 105x

New Level NLU-01 21* w/KBS Proto 105x

New Level 623-M 5-PW w/MMT 125 TX

54* Miura HB w/KBS 610 S+, 58* Miura w/KBS Tour Black

Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 1

Driver plenty of folks will cover.  With a 3 wood and wanting higher launch the best way to make this happen is with more loft.  So going to the 16.5 is absolutely the way to go.  However I will say test, hit at stores as many combos as possible if you do not want to or cannot go and get fit.

3 wood is absolutely the hardest club in the bag for many to get "right".  This is why you will see pros play much older 3 wood variations while they may change their driver and other clubs every year.  I searched and searched for may years to find what fit me.  Last years Sim and Sim ma didn't cut it for me launch off the deck wise, my 3 wood went way to close to my driver in length as well off the tee.  I am still playing the TS2 16.5 and I DESPISE Titleist clubs, no way I would play one if it wasn't the best for me.

I have two main entities I play with the 3 wood.  Off a tee and play a draw(I am not a fan of hitting a draw with my driver).  And off the ground(even from the tee and playing a straight to cut shot).  I had issues with being able to hit both.  I have heard good things about the 16.5 Sim Max 2, but word of caution, do not attempt to have a shaft launch the head higher, if the 16.5 head doesn't give you the launch you want, then a shaft change isn't going to increase launch my that much.  Time to look at a different club or one from TM with more loft.

• Like 1
  • Driver - Epic Max LS
  • 4 Wood - Company that shall not be named, turned down 1* and open on a UST Mamaiya Black
  • 7 Wood - Company that shall not be named, turned down 1* and open on a UST Mamaiya Black
  • Hybrid - Ping G400 17*
  • Irons = Srixon ZX4 4 iron on Recoil 110
  • Irons = Srixon ZX5 5 iron on Recoil 110
  • Irons - Srixon ZX7 (6-PW) on Recoil 110
  • Wedges - Cleveland 50* mid Zipcore, MD5 54*, 60* Mid Zipcore all on Recoil 110
  • Putters -  Sunset Beach Ocracoke or Mannkrafted MA/66
  • Ball - TP5 or Srixon Z Star