Adidas Customer Service Warning

I just want to alert everyone to Adidas and their Customer Service. I bought this pair of Codechaos on October 1st, you can see my Amazon receipt and proceeded to use them on the course through about December 1st before the weather got too bad here in Wisconsin. Since then I have only used them to hit range balls about 2-3 times per week, then I went to Florida about 2 weeks ago and slipped and felt like the support was going away on my first few of swings back on grass. Unknown to me until I tried to walk more on them again and swing on grass the bottom of the shoes completely failed in multiple places (this may have just failed when i got to Florida, I did not notice on the turf mats in Wisconsin) and the pictures below are of both left and right shoes not just one. 

So when I got back home I emailed Adidas using their 1 year warranty and showed proof when I bought them, etc. assuming they must be a defect..... NOPE Adidas got back to me today saying after only 4 MONTHS this was deemed to be “items damaged by normal wear and tear” I cannot see in any way that this could be remotely normal? I am a fast swinger with quite a bit of foot action but they can’t possibly be telling me $150 shoes should last less than 4 months, and 2 of those months not even on a real golf course! If this is what is really expected, consider me a lost customer, money down the drain I guess every 4 months according to them. 

I wanted to post this as a warning, there’s clearly some quality issues going on here and we’re spending considerably money on these products for them to be ruined so quickly. What a joke, I’ve never had anything ruined after four months considered to me “normal wear and tear”

I can get more pictures if anyone wants them because the shoes are not in bad shape and I take care of them, however the bottoms have failed as you can see. 

I also obviously refuted the decision back to Adidas and I’ll see if it goes anywhere, based on their email I’m not expecting much. 

89772C73-524A-4822-98FF-036354AAEC6F.jpeg

83B8D507-5512-402E-80B7-D550CEBD21ED.jpeg

F9793044-FFEB-4E70-9C29-74D15FE6A1A9.jpeg

7F2C332D-787B-461C-B37F-5569DC8771F6.jpeg

63F827B1-D068-415C-815B-7722AB94EA3A.jpeg

70185D3E-C370-48F2-BEE2-8ADBBD53D302.jpeg

98B98126-14A7-4321-89CC-A3FBB3821141.jpeg

• Like 1

Callaway Epic Speed Triple Diamond [email protected] Tensei CK Pro White 60TX 45.5" Tipped 1"
Titleist TSI2 [email protected] Vintage Diamana Whiteboard 80TX
Titleist TS2 [email protected] Ventus Blue 8X
Callaway X Forged UT 24 Project x 7.0
Callaway Aped '21 MB 5-PW Project X 7.0

Callaway MD5 Raw 50S-56X-60T Project X 6.5
Odyssey 2 Ball White Hot (Actual Original not OG) 🙂

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I have had a couple warranty issues with FJ, and they took care of them no questions asked. 

My experience has been incredible with FJ. I will be a customer and supporter for a long time. I’m a huge fan of when a company’s actions show their appreciation for their customers. Looks like Amazon

I know this doesn’t help you here, but for what it’s worth, FJ’s customer service has stood by their warranty and have been incredible in multiple interactions.    Good Luck! Hopefully they wil

Posted Images

I know this doesn’t help you here, but for what it’s worth, FJ’s customer service has stood by their warranty and have been incredible in multiple interactions. 

Good Luck! Hopefully they will make it right for you. Those are clearly a defect

Edited by ctfuzz21
  • Like 2

Titleist TSi3 Driver
Taylormade M6 15 3-Wood
Titleist u500 2i
Titleist T100 Irons 4-P
Titleist Vokey Wedges 50, 54, 58
TM Spider Tour X
Titleist Pro V1

RLX Apparel with Footjoy Shoes & Gloves

I have a pair of CodeChaos Sport that I picked up in September.

Since then I have only worn them to the driving range a few nights a week. Yesterday I noticed the sole had split and the tread was peeling away.

Mine are not as bad as what is pictured here, but still... 5 months of minimal wear and they're coming apart.

Back to FootJoy, I think.

• Like 1
8 hours ago, psygolf said:

Did you buy them directly from Adidas? If not, you should be contacting the seller with your warranty issue.

I always get referred back to the company on issues like this, in fact I just got done with an online chat on Amazon and that was the first question they asked me but when I told them they refused it even though they were defective he said they could take care of it and they’ve refunded my credit card. 

Credit where it’s due, Amazon actually went out of their way and helped me with this and I’m impressed. So I’m glad this actually ended well then. Still so strange from Adidas...

• Like 1

Callaway Epic Speed Triple Diamond [email protected] Tensei CK Pro White 60TX 45.5" Tipped 1"
Titleist TSI2 [email protected] Vintage Diamana Whiteboard 80TX
Titleist TS2 [email protected] Ventus Blue 8X
Callaway X Forged UT 24 Project x 7.0
Callaway Aped '21 MB 5-PW Project X 7.0

Callaway MD5 Raw 50S-56X-60T Project X 6.5
Odyssey 2 Ball White Hot (Actual Original not OG) 🙂

I returned a pair of Code Chaos to adidas in JULY that didn't fit.  After waiting a couple of months with no refund I emailed and engaged in online chats with their customer service department on at least six separate occasions and each time was told that my return was "processing" and the item was being "evaluated' by their returns team.

I finally received credit to my card  for the return TWO WEEKS ago.

Adidas customer service could use some attention.

13 hours ago, ctfuzz21 said:

I know this doesn’t help you here, but for what it’s worth, FJ’s customer service has stood by their warranty and have been incredible in multiple interactions. 

Good Luck! Hopefully they will make it right for you. Those are clearly a defect

I have had a couple warranty issues with FJ, and they took care of them no questions asked. 

• Like 3
1 minute ago, caniac6 said:

My experience has been incredible with FJ. I will be a customer and supporter for a long time. I’m a huge fan of when a company’s actions show their appreciation for their customers. Looks like Amazon felt it was more important to protect their relationship with the OP than Adidas. Good on Amazon!

• Like 3

Titleist TSi3 Driver
Taylormade M6 15 3-Wood
Titleist u500 2i
Titleist T100 Irons 4-P
Titleist Vokey Wedges 50, 54, 58
TM Spider Tour X
Titleist Pro V1

RLX Apparel with Footjoy Shoes & Gloves

14 hours ago, Wdwfreak said:

I always get referred back to the company on issues like this, in fact I just got done with an online chat on Amazon and that was the first question they asked me but when I told them they refused it even though they were defective he said they could take care of it and they’ve refunded my credit card. 

Credit where it’s due, Amazon actually went out of their way and helped me with this and I’m impressed. So I’m glad this actually ended well then. Still so strange from Adidas...

It just isn’t strange...ex- PGA Superstore would not hand you the Adidas #800 number if you brought in a defective pair of shoes that you bought from them.

Next time, why not ask for the factory in China’s #-?  lol

On 2/8/2021 at 8:50 AM, cardia10 said:

Post pictures and tag all their social media on it. Quickest way to reach their entire fanbase. Usually gets a better response. Post on their pages and pictures as well. 

Similar thing happened to me with the Adidas Crossknit 2.0 golf shoes.  The soles started to crack after 1 season.  Not as deep as OP, but lots of cracks. I posted on their social media sites and didn't get any response.  I didn't bother perusing further as I bought them on clearance and they were older than 2 years from the manufacturing date.  

With massive accounts like this (amazon), manufacturer's build defects and returns into the net cost/terms of the agreement with the retailer. Example: Adidas would discount Amazon's cost on all footwear by anywhere from 2-5% on the front end to cover any warranty issues rather than deal with thousands of claims. Pretty common practice, not just in golf.

This might explain some of the pushback from Adi and the willingness from Amazon to handle the issue, it's basically an assumed roll at that volume.

Edited by Joe2282

The outer sole of my Adidas Tour Boost 360 XT started to come apart early last year, and it took almost 4 months to get a credit for my purchase.  They wanted proof that I purchased them within a year (it had been less than 8 months) and the process on their end of the actual processing of getting the return was a pain as well because I had to send the shoes back to them for inspection.  I was happy that they gave me a credit to buy another pair, but the length of time it took was really frustrating.    

WITB
Driver: 10.5* SIM2 set 1 click lower- AV Raw White 65s or Aldila Rogue Silver 70s 

Fairway: Cobra Radspeed 3 Wood with Atmos Tour Spec Blue 7s and Radspeed Tour 5w turned up to 18.5* (Shaft TBD, but Motore F1 is solid)
Irons:  21* Wilson Staff Utility Recoil 8f4 iron shaft, PING g410 23* Crossover (Proforce Tour Weight Iron shaft), 5-PW Ben Hoga PTx Pro:  All shafted with DGTI s400
Wedges: Cleveland Zipcore Wedges (All Raw with DGTI s400 shafts) 48* bent to 49*, 52* Mid bent to 53*, 56* Mid bent to 58*. 

Putter: White Hot OG 7s with Stability Tour Black or Kingston KP1 Carbon Oil Can Finish