2024 Houston Open WITB Photos ×

Srixon Irons wait time.

Ryan19jwu

Just heard back from Srixon Canada about my ZX5 order. They quoted me 5 weeks for delivery.

I put my TM P770’s up for sale on my local BST and had 4 offers within 6 hours, so sold those yesterday and have no irons until the ZX5’s come in. The used market is just red-hot right now, so didn’t want to risk waiting.

In the meantime, instead of picking up a backup set of irons that will just take up space in the garage when I get the new set in, I picked up a used P790 7-iron. So my iron gapping will be 21* (Z U85 3 DI bent 1* weak), 30.5* 7i, 50* GW! 😬😬

Gonna be a long 5 weeks, but I think it’ll be worth the temporary discomfort!

Edited by BallerNate
  • Like 1

Callaway Paradym X (11*) / Hzrdus Silver 6.0

Callaway Paradym X (15*) / Hzrdus Silver 6.0

Callaway Big Bertha 23 (19*) / Cally RCH 65 S

Srixon ZX5 (4-PW) / Nippon Modus3 Tour 105 S

Cleveland CBX (48*), RTX 6 Zipcore (52* Mid, 58* Mid) / DG Spinner

Odyssey White Hot OG 7 S

WITB on WRX

On 3/20/2021 at 8:52 AM, BallerNate said:

Just heard back from Srixon Canada about my ZX5 order. They quoted me 5 weeks for delivery.

I put my TM P770’s up for sale on my local BST and had 4 offers within 6 hours, so sold those yesterday and have no irons until the ZX5’s come in. The used market is just red-hot right now, so didn’t want to risk waiting.

In the meantime, instead of picking up a backup set of irons that will just take up space in the garage when I get the new set in, I picked up a used P790 7-iron. So my iron gapping will be 21* (Z U85 3 DI bent 1* weak), 30.5* 7i, 50* GW! 😬😬

Gonna be a long 5 weeks, but I think it’ll be worth the temporary discomfort!

You could still get a couple foot of snow up there yet couldn't you Nate?🤐

• Like 1

Ping G430 Max 10.5

Ping G430 5&7 Wood

Ping G430 19°,22° Hybrids

Callaway 2007 X-Forged 5-PW/ PXG Gen 6 XP's 7-SW

Ping Glide 58ES Wedge

Ping PLD DS72 / Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2.5+ 

Life is like riding a bicycle, to keep your balance you must keep moving

1 minute ago, braincramp52 said:

You could still get a couple foot of snow up there yet couldn't you Nate?🤐

😬😬 Yup, we sure could. Weather’s been gorgeous the last couple of days, so just hoping that continues! 🤞🤞

• Like 1

Odyssey White Hot OG 7 S

WITB on WRX

My 7 and 8 iron are in build right now! I should have them by the end of the week/early next week.

Hopefully my ZX4 iron isn't far behind. 😄

• Like 1

Titleist TSR2 // Autoflex SF505

Titleist TSR2 16.5 // Vista Pro 60s

Ping G25 20, 23 // Tour AD True Spec

Titleist T200/T150 5-GW // Steelfiber i80PR

Titleist SM9 54.10, 58.12 // Steelfiber i80r

L.A.B. Golf DF3 // L.A.B. x TPT

Hope they are close!

Not cool to get a new set of amazing irons if the build causes additional issues 😞

Let us know how it turns out.

Driver- Titleist TsR2 with Graphite Design Tour AD

4w - Titleist Tsi2 with Tensei Raw Blue shaft

19 Hy - Titleist 818 H1 with Atmos Tour Spec

23 Hy - Titleist 818 with Graphite Design Tour AD-DI shaft

5i-PW - Bridgestone J15 CB with Recoil F4 110 shafts

50,54,and 58 Wilson Staff wedges with SF shafts

Ping Prime Tyne 4 PSD

On 3/8/2021 at 1:50 PM, brucedeuce said:

Update 3/8.  Zx-7  5-pw. PX LS 6.0 with Z-cords.    Contacted Srixon.  Excellent service.  Project X LS was not in stock with expected arrival date of 3/22.  Was told shipping date should be around 4/1.  

Update 3/22.  PX LS 6.0’s delayed again and not expected in stock until end of April

Edited by brucedeuce
Update

My zx5-zx7 combo set arrived Friday (3/19). Order date was 2/22/21. 4-PW all came together. Nippon modus tour 105 shafts and all standard loft and lie so I’m sure that helped some. 

The rep initially said 2 weeks but thanks to this thread I knew early on that was likely not possible. Looking forward to hitting the range tomorrow. 

9 hours ago, brucedeuce said:

Dang, that is a pretty big push out!

Crazy year for sure, and has to be the most difficult year in a long time to get golf equipment.

I guess of course Srixon communication can only be as good as the communication they are receiving from the component makers.  While the consumer probably deserves better, it may not be possible for OEM's to give accurate updates?

Had a Buddy order a set of Apex irons about 2 weeks ago.  They shipped last Friday but are now lost in shipping.  He called customer service and was on hold for 40 minutes and finally hung up.  He is a little frustrated to say the least.

We have opening day at our club on April 3rd.  I ordered on Feb.4th and this week has been the latest target provided for my irons to arrive.  If they don't, I am seriously thinking cancellation at this point may serve me best.  What I have ordered is coming with shafts 15gm lighter than I currently play, and I don't want to make that transition in the middle of our season. In November I am having a surgery that will keep me off the course for months.  I figure Ping will have some interesting irons coming out within the next 12 months along with a few others.  By then, I may decide to give something besides Srixon a try?

• Like 2

Ping Prime Tyne 4 PSD

3 hours ago, rxk9fan said:

Dang, that is a pretty big push out!

Crazy year for sure, and has to be the most difficult year in a long time to get golf equipment.

I guess of course Srixon communication can only be as good as the communication they are receiving from the component makers.  While the consumer probably deserves better, it may not be possible for OEM's to give accurate updates?

Had a Buddy order a set of Apex irons about 2 weeks ago.  They shipped last Friday but are now lost in shipping.  He called customer service and was on hold for 40 minutes and finally hung up.  He is a little frustrated to say the least.

We have opening day at our club on April 3rd.  I ordered on Feb.4th and this week has been the latest target provided for my irons to arrive.  If they don't, I am seriously thinking cancellation at this point may serve me best.  What I have ordered is coming with shafts 15gm lighter than I currently play, and I don't want to make that transition in the middle of our season. In November I am having a surgery that will keep me off the course for months.  I figure Ping will have some interesting irons coming out within the next 12 months along with a few others.  By then, I may decide to give something besides Srixon a try?

I agree with the paragraph about vendor communication but have to disagree with the last! 
  You don’t mention which Srixon iron you ordered. If ZX7 then Ping has nothing as good imo. The i210 are good but not as good. If you ordered ZX5 then Ping may have something similar.

I do agree with the shaft question. I tried the Nippon 105 and had to go back to 125. 

• Like 1

Titleist TSR4 9° Tensei AV White 65

Titleist TSi3 strong 3w 13.5° Tensei AV White 70

Titleist TS3 19°  hybrid Tensei Blue/Titleist TSR3 24° Diamana Ahina

Titleist T150 5-pw Nippon Pro Modus 125

Vokey SM8 50° F & 56° M SM9 60°M

Cameron Newport w/ flow neck by Lamont/ Cameron Del Mar

I’ve been told “end of the week” twice before, on to the third week now. Ordered Feb 1 in Canada. As mentioned above, I understand the delays with all oems, global pandemic, first world problems, etc, etc but would just prefer they manage expectations by giving a realistic timeline rather than repeatedly moving the goalposts. Seems to be a common refrain. Regardless I’m stoked for these irons and will wait as patiently as possible until they arrive. Hopefully the end of this week....

• Like 2

Received my irons today, three weeks to the day that I ordered through a local dealer here in Salt Lake City.  ZX 4,  ZX5 5-7 and ZX7  8-AW.  Recoil F3 shafts, 1/2" over.  They shipped loose grips, can't remember which ones they were because they were regular, supposed to be midsize.  Ended up just putting on Tour Velvet midsize on at the store.  Felt just as fantastic as when I demoed them before ordering. Can't wait to get out after this week of marginal weather.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Mattn1106 said:

Well I went for a fitting and my order is in and the wait is on. Hoping to receive before June, I didn't even ask when to expect them I'll follow up next week.

What did you get fit for and what did you order?

Odyssey White Hot OG 7 S

WITB on WRX

6 hours ago, vancouver81 said:

I’ve been told “end of the week” twice before, on to the third week now. Ordered Feb 1 in Canada. As mentioned above, I understand the delays with all oems, global pandemic, first world problems, etc, etc but would just prefer they manage expectations by giving a realistic timeline rather than repeatedly moving the goalposts. Seems to be a common refrain. Regardless I’m stoked for these irons and will wait as patiently as possible until they arrive. Hopefully the end of this week....

Damn...Feb 1st!! That’s 7 weeks...ouch!!

• Like 2

Odyssey White Hot OG 7 S

WITB on WRX

9 minutes ago, BallerNate said:

What did you get fit for and what did you order?

I got fit for zx7 with modus 105x, after talking with fitter we decided to combo zx5 in 4 and 5 (1* weak on the 5) then zx7 6-pw. I ordered what I was fit for through the fitter. Going zx5 in the 4 iron I definitely wanted to do the 5 iron I was indifferent but I don't mind the extra help in the long irons. For grips I went with the tour velvet plus4

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Mattn1106 said:

I got fit for zx7 with modus 105x, after talking with fitter we decided to combo zx5 in 4 and 5 (1* weak on the 5) then zx7 6-pw. I ordered what I was fit for through the fitter. Going zx5 in the 4 iron I definitely wanted to do the 5 iron I was indifferent but I don't mind the extra help in the long irons. For grips I went with the tour velvet plus4

Awesome! Yeah, I put in my order for a set of ZX5’s with KBS Tour 120 shafts on Thursday. Fingers crossed for both of us that the wait isn’t too crazy!! 🤞🤞

Odyssey White Hot OG 7 S

WITB on WRX

If it makes anyone feel better, I spoke with my fitter yesterday and he said this kind of wait time is standard right now across all OEM’s. 

He said the wait time for Callaway is 5-6 weeks also.

• Like 2

Odyssey White Hot OG 7 S

WITB on WRX

Can't sort out if build issues are as common as they seem on here, or just magnified because they are posted.  Having already received mine with all wrong shafts the first time, being told a new set was being expedited and should have been here by now and not, I'm just trying to be patient.  Doesn't help that my contact person where I ordered them thinks emails apparently travel by Pony Express and that kind of lag is acceptable in responding or following up on things he promises to do.  Oh well.  All I can do is wait for word the irons arrive, ask them to check the right grips and shafts are present and to keep them wrapped and in a safe place until I can come get them and we can check lofts and lies and SW and lengths.  Lofts and lies can be adjusted.  The rest, if it's off, then I guess we start over a third time - hoping for the best and enjoy seeing the positive tales and feel bad for those not getting what they ordered.

4 hours ago, Grant5029 said:

Order places 2 weeks 1 day ago. Clubs arrived today. Not sure who my local shop put a favor in for!! 

Combo zx5 and zx7. C taper lite stiff. Lamkin cord grips. 

This is what I ordered (different shafts) 7 weeks ago tomorrow and was told today they were out of heads but I could expect them by mid-April.  

Positively the last Srixon anything I will ever buy.  I don't think my handicap nor my love for the game will suffer if I can get my order cancelled and my current Srixon's out of my bag.  While I have long enjoyed their irons, I think I can find another maker who I will feel better about supporting.

Thanks for letting me vent WRX 🙂 

• Like 2

Ping Prime Tyne 4 PSD

27 minutes ago, rxk9fan said:

This is what I ordered (different shafts) 7 weeks ago tomorrow and was told today they were out of heads but I could expect them by mid-April.  

Positively the last Srixon anything I will ever buy.  I don't think my handicap nor my love for the game will suffer if I can get my order cancelled and my current Srixon's out of my bag.  While I have long enjoyed their irons, I think I can find another maker who I will feel better about supporting.

Hang in there. My local rep said he was beyond shocked. He placed is own order 2 weeks before mine but still hasn’t received them. I did state on my order than I don’t care why grips they come with, as long as it’s some sort of cord grip. I even said they can ship without a grip if need be. 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, rxk9fan said:

Yeah this is what I don't get.  I was told the reason for my order delay was grips. Then it was the zx5 4-6 heads.  Then I see people ordering after getting the same thing I ordered.  Just too frustrating to keep getting told one thing and another happening.  I posted earlier in this thread a few times, I ordered 1/30 combo set and zipcores.  I received one zipcore wedge after being told everything would ship then cancelled everything else.  Maybe will re order later on because I hit the irons and did love them.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, rxk9fan said:

Your frustration is totally understandable...no doubt about it. I think there’s a lot of factors at play here though, and it sounds like most major OEM’s and the golf industry as a whole is overloaded right now.

From what I’m seeing in my area (Toronto), everything related with golf is red-hot and super high-demand. Courses were rammed last Summer, simulators were booked up all Winter, used clubs are selling like hot cakes, driving ranges are overflowing, fitters are booked up weeks/months in advance, and club manufacturers can’t keep up with orders.

If it was just Srixon, I would say go for it and boycott, but it seems like they are just one piece of the golf puzzle that can’t keep up with demand right now.

• Like 2

Odyssey White Hot OG 7 S

WITB on WRX

2 hours ago, Hawkeye77 said:

Can't sort out if build issues are as common as they seem on here, or just magnified because they are posted.  Having already received mine with all wrong shafts the first time, being told a new set was being expedited and should have been here by now and not, I'm just trying to be patient.  Doesn't help that my contact person where I ordered them thinks emails apparently travel by Pony Express and that kind of lag is acceptable in responding or following up on things he promises to do.  Oh well.  All I can do is wait for word the irons arrive, ask them to check the right grips and shafts are present and to keep them wrapped and in a safe place until I can come get them and we can check lofts and lies and SW and lengths.  Lofts and lies can be adjusted.  The rest, if it's off, then I guess we start over a third time - hoping for the best and enjoy seeing the positive tales and feel bad for those not getting what they ordered.

If it makes you feel better, I checked the lengths and SWs of my ZX5 set this evening and they all seemed to be correct as far as I could measure.

I don't have a way to check lofts/lies at my house, but at least that would be a simple fix if it was off.

Titleist TSR2 // Autoflex SF505

Titleist TSR2 16.5 // Vista Pro 60s

Ping G25 20, 23 // Tour AD True Spec

Titleist T200/T150 5-GW // Steelfiber i80PR

Titleist SM9 54.10, 58.12 // Steelfiber i80r

L.A.B. Golf DF3 // L.A.B. x TPT

I assume I got super lucky as I placed my order for 5-7 (ZX5) and 8-AW (ZX7) 10 days ago and they said 3-4 weeks but arrived today and could not have run out to the shop any faster. Went with TT Elevate 95 stiff, grips were just standard as I had them re-grip all my clubs with new Pure grips through the set. 

Went to range for an hour and could not be more pleased, can't wait to get them out on the course. 

Edited by Gundee
  • Like 4

6 hours ago, BallerNate said:

Your frustration is totally understandable...no doubt about it. I think there’s a lot of factors at play here though, and it sounds like most major OEM’s and the golf industry as a whole is overloaded right now.

From what I’m seeing in my area (Toronto), everything related with golf is red-hot and super high-demand. Courses were rammed last Summer, simulators were booked up all Winter, used clubs are selling like hot cakes, driving ranges are overflowing, fitters are booked up weeks/months in advance, and club manufacturers can’t keep up with orders.

If it was just Srixon, I would say go for it and boycott, but it seems like they are just one piece of the golf puzzle that can’t keep up with demand right now.

I get the demand part, not the communication and lack of integrity toward their customers.  After reading some post closely today, I believe I have a better handle on the breakdown in addition to the shortages.  I don't believe customers are being taken care of in the order they place orders.  My order was placed 7 weeks ago.  I have been given all kinds of reports:  They were out of multiple grips (so I told them any grip was fine and just send them loose).  They were out of Recoil shafts (so I said SF was fine and since then others here have had their Recoil orders filled).  Then they have said the heads were a problem twice (my order was 7 weeks ago and others are getting the same heads in 2 to 3 weeks).

IMO, there are component problems.  Just as obvious, Srixon is filling orders out of order.  Maybe they put a priority on how the order originates?  Lastly, this all started for me before they said anything about having backorders.  

Srixon can run their business how they see fit.  They are going to probably have a HUGE year fiscally, and they have some great products as usual.  After this, I just personally feel different about them.  I don't want to reach for an iron and see their name now LOL.  

Me boycotting them will have zero affect on them, and that is how it should be.  If they are making the majority of their customers happy, then they deserve to be successful. This is all a me thing. They have hacked me off personally and I don't want to support them.  

I see some guys on TV doing ok with a couple of other brands.  I bet those brands will be fine for me too :-). 

• Like 1

Ping Prime Tyne 4 PSD