Srixon Irons wait time.

Ryan19jwu

I've only been waiting 4 weeks for stock ZX5's, 5-GW  stock set. I was told 8 weeks when I ordered 2/20. I believe the dealers haven't communicated to their customers the wait time involved. I'm in the appliance parts industry. Covid has fkd up our biggest supplier, Whirlpool. I have customers waiting on parts going on 6 months. 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Blujacket said:

I've only been waiting 4 weeks for stock ZX5's, 5-GW  stock set. I was told 8 weeks when I ordered 2/20. I believe the dealers haven't communicated to their customers the wait time involved. I'm in the appliance parts industry. Covid has fkd up our biggest supplier, Whirlpool. I have customers waiting on parts going on 6 months. 

Do you have your order number?  Chat with them online if you do.  I ordered a ZX4 4 iron, and a ZX5 5 iron and both got to me in under two weeks.  The ZX5 5iron was ordered on March 13th and will arrive on the 26th by the end of the day according to Fed Ex.  

When I messaged about both, I was told I should get a tracking number within a day, and both times I got the tracking the next day.

I ordered both with stock shafts because they did not have what I play as an option, and I have the shafts here for them anyway, I just wanted the head to be honest.  I figured stock shafts would be the quickest turn-around on my orders.

Edited by driveandputtmachine
  • Driver - Ping G430 Max 10k - Ventus Black 6X | Ping G430 LST 10.5 - Aldila Rogue White 130 MSI TX
  • 3 Wood - Taylormade 300 Mini 13.5 - Ventus Purple X
  • 5 Wood - Ping G430 Max - Ventus Purple X 
  • 7 Wood - Ping G430 Max - Ventus Purple X | 4 iron - Srixon ZX4 MKII - Axiom 105X
  • 5 - PW Ping BluePrint S - Shaft testing
  • SW - Cleveland RTX6 55* - Fuji Tour Spec 115X | LW - Vokey SM9T 60* - Fuji Tour Spec 115X
  • Putters - Odyssey #7 Knuckle Neck Proto | Odyssey Jailbird Versa Microhinge - Odyssey Tank DBOdyssey Jailbird Ai-One

56 minutes ago, grm24 said:

This issue has been discussed for months on end. It won't be changing anytime soon.

Agreed. Just wish I could’ve had a fitting in November/December and put in my order then.

Much easier to wait during the Winter vs the start of the season, but nothing we can do about it.

Callaway Paradym X (11*) / Hzrdus Black Smoke 6.0

Callaway Paradym X (15*) / Hzrdus Silver 6.0

Callaway Rogue St Max OS (21*) / Tensei AV Blue 75 S

Srixon ZX5 (4-PW) / Nippon Modus3 Tour 105 S

Cleveland RTX 6 Zipcore (52* Mid, 58* Mid) / DG Spinner

Odyssey White Hot OG 7 S

WITB on WRX

5 hours ago, rxk9fan said:

I get the demand part, not the communication and lack of integrity toward their customers.  After reading some post closely today, I believe I have a better handle on the breakdown in addition to the shortages.  I don't believe customers are being taken care of in the order they place orders.  My order was placed 7 weeks ago.  I have been given all kinds of reports:  They were out of multiple grips (so I told them any grip was fine and just send them loose).  They were out of Recoil shafts (so I said SF was fine and since then others here have had their Recoil orders filled).  Then they have said the heads were a problem twice (my order was 7 weeks ago and others are getting the same heads in 2 to 3 weeks).

IMO, there are component problems.  Just as obvious, Srixon is filling orders out of order.  Maybe they put a priority on how the order originates?  Lastly, this all started for me before they said anything about having backorders.  

Srixon can run their business how they see fit.  They are going to probably have a HUGE year fiscally, and they have some great products as usual.  After this, I just personally feel different about them.  I don't want to reach for an iron and see their name now LOL.  

Me boycotting them will have zero affect on them, and that is how it should be.  If they are making the majority of their customers happy, then they deserve to be successful. This is all a me thing. They have hacked me off personally and I don't want to support them.  

I see some guys on TV doing ok with a couple of other brands.  I bet those brands will be fine for me too 🙂

I agree the other brands will be fine for you, but try to custom order from Cally, Mizzy or anyone for that matter and you get delays on your clubs.  It took 4 weeks to get my two Titleist hybrids as they could not get the shafts.  They had the grips though 😃 

Edit: Side note from my view point, if your waiting on pretty much all manufactures right now you might as well get what you want.  NOT like we are using the these clubs to make a living and pretty sure we all have a set to use in the mean time... its WRX ... most probably have 3-4 sets LOL

Edited by CDM
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Blujacket said:

I did not know I could say fkd on here...my last post was already a novel but with this knowledge it would have been considerably longer 😁

• Haha 2

Driver- Titleist TsR2 with Graphite Design Tour AD

4w - Titleist Tsi2 with Tensei Raw Blue shaft

19 Hy - Titleist 818 H1 with Atmos Tour Spec

23 Hy - Titleist 818 with Graphite Design Tour AD-DI shaft

5i-PW - Bridgestone J15 CB with Recoil F4 110 shafts

50,54,and 58 Wilson Staff wedges with SF shafts

Ping Prime Tyne 4 PSD

7 minutes ago, CDM said:

I agree the other brands will be fine for you, but try to custom order from Cally, Mizzy or anyone for that matter and you get delays on your clubs.  It took 4 weeks to get my two Titleist hybrids as they could not get the shafts.  They had the grips though 😃 

Edit: Side note from my view point, if your waiting on pretty much all manufactures right now you might as well get what you want.  NOT like we are using the these clubs to make a living and pretty sure we all have a set to use in the mean time... its WRX ... most probably have 3-4 sets LOL

You are right BUT the communication can be transparent.  To me this is about coming clean on an acceptable and unavoidable issue vs throwing out different answers and different schedules depending on who answers the email and who places the order.  I don’t think we have unlimited access to a lot of things right now.  We can’t get enough COVID vaccine for everyone who wants it.  So, we scheduled 1200 people for tomorrow because we can cover it.  Those 1200 people were selected in the order they applied and everyone else was told we will schedule more when we have more.  We sure don’t take the list and select in random order or according to what provider signed them up. 
A lot more want it but none of them are pissed because they got skipped or told they would get it 4 weeks ago and then 2 weeks ago and then tomorrow.  Everyone gets told the same thing, we have a limited supply of vaccine.  I don’t tell some they are having to wait because we don’t have needles, others we don’t have syringes, then cotton calls, etc..

If you are honest and treat people equitably then it is what it is.

Ping Prime Tyne 4 PSD

fwiw, I ordered an 0211 hybrid from PXG on 17Mar, got email today (24Mar) saying it shipped. Ordered a few irons yesterday, we'll see how quickly those come.

Have a club on order with Srixon, from poking around their ordering system it appears that shafts are problematic.

• Like 1

AI Smoke Max Tensei Blue 55R | Cleveland Halo XL HyWood 3+ Tensei Blue 55R

G430 4-5H Alta R | Srixon ZX4-5 7i-AW Dart 65R

Glide4 Eye2 56 | Vokey 60 M | Ping Anser 2023

1 hour ago, CDM said:

I’m the WRX’r who doesn’t have a backup set. Sold my P770’s last week and decided just to buy a 7-iron to hold me over until my ZX5’s come in. Gonna be a long wait!!

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

Odyssey White Hot OG 7 S

WITB on WRX

Went for my first ever iron fitting on 3/11.  Went with JPX 921 Forged (5-GW, $-Taper 125).  It hasn't even been two weeks yet and I'm getting anxious.  My fitter told me 4 - 6 weeks, which puts me at mid-April at the absolute earliest.  Fortunately I still have the irons they're destined to replace, but it sucks to have to wait a month and a half for my first set of custom irons.

Edited by forrester_fire
  • Like 1

36 minutes ago, Silentbob6 said:

Received my combo set today after two weeks and 3 days. Would’ve been faster if not shipped to the wrong address the first time 

image.jpeg.1e3817ec16541c2d06d7ed9fe7da5868.jpeg

What combo did you get? I can’t tell looking at this pic.  But they sure are pretty!!

Congratulations!!

Ping Prime Tyne 4 PSD

5 hours ago, nostatic said:

Have a club on order with Srixon, from poking around their ordering system it appears that shafts are problematic.

Evidently all I had to do was post at GolfWRX 😉 UPS man dropped off my ZX5 7i, Recoil 95 F3 today. Was ordered on 14Mar through Carl's so actually that isn't bad all things considered. I am still waiting on a Mizuno wedge ordered back in Feb so ymmv.

• Like 1

AI Smoke Max Tensei Blue 55R | Cleveland Halo XL HyWood 3+ Tensei Blue 55R

G430 4-5H Alta R | Srixon ZX4-5 7i-AW Dart 65R

Glide4 Eye2 56 | Vokey 60 M | Ping Anser 2023

If items are in stock they are turning quickly. I just had a set ordered and shipped within a week. Receiving in 9 business days with shipping across the country. Pretty impressive. All depends on components. 

• Like 1

Driver:  TSR3 8 Ventus Red TR 8X 

Fairway: TSR3 16.5 Ventus Blue 8X 

Hybrid:  Sim2 Tensei Orange 90TX Or Srixon ZX 2 Iron 105X

Irons:Black T200 4-5 T100S 6-AW MMT 125TX

Wedges: MG4 54 MMT 125TX and Vokey SM9 58.04T MMT 125TX

Putter: Lajosi DD201

Pro V1X Left Dash

11 hours ago, willbeebuzzin said:

Has anyone ordered direct from Srixon.com in the past few weeks?

I ordered through my fitter. Wish I had ordered directly through Srixon though...my fitter won't pick up the phone or reply to e-mails! 🙄

• Like 1

Odyssey White Hot OG 7 S

WITB on WRX

Just called Srixon Canada directly because my fitter won't pick up the phone. Srixon Canada said my clubs are being built to my specs in California and nothing is on backorder currently (ZX5 5-PW, KBS Tour 120 shafts, Lamkin Crossline Midsize grips). 

They said they expect the clubs to be built next week, and get shipped out by next Friday. It's been 1 week since my order was placed (3/18), so if I could get them shipped out by end of next week and in my hands by Apr 6th-7th ish I'd be pretty happy with Srixon!

Customer service with Srixon Canada has been much better with answering phone calls or replying to my e-mails than my fitter has (Modern Golf), so pretty happy with that so far as well.

Odyssey White Hot OG 7 S

WITB on WRX

FWIW, mine showed up today. Ordered Feb. 8. All Zx5s with nippon shafts, grips in box. Checking specs now but I’m not optimistic based on comments in this thread. 

Ping G 400 Max 9 degree w/ Proforce VTS Black 7s
Cobra F7 14.5 degree w/ Elements Chrome 7s
Cleveland Classic 18 degree hybrid w/ Fuji Fuel 95s
4-PW Srixon 585 and 785 AW w/ nippon modus 120,
Cleveland RTX4 54 and 58 w/ nippon modus 125 wedge shaft
Putter: Evnroll ER2 35'
Ball: TM TP5x or Pro V1x

On 3/24/2021 at 9:49 AM, rxk9fan said:

You are right BUT the communication can be transparent.  To me this is about coming clean on an acceptable and unavoidable issue vs throwing out different answers and different schedules depending on who answers the email and who places the order.  I don’t think we have unlimited access to a lot of things right now.  We can’t get enough COVID vaccine for everyone who wants it.  So, we scheduled 1200 people for tomorrow because we can cover it.  Those 1200 people were selected in the order they applied and everyone else was told we will schedule more when we have more.  We sure don’t take the list and select in random order or according to what provider signed them up. 
A lot more want it but none of them are pissed because they got skipped or told they would get it 4 weeks ago and then 2 weeks ago and then tomorrow.  Everyone gets told the same thing, we have a limited supply of vaccine.  I don’t tell some they are having to wait because we don’t have needles, others we don’t have syringes, then cotton calls, etc..

If you are honest and treat people equitably then it is what it is.

I think what we have seen is that communication cannot be as transparent as we all desire. They do not know when exactly various components will arrive. They are promised one date only to have that change due to factory issues due to the pandemic. Or shipping issues due to the pandemic. Or receiving issues due to the pandemic. Everything in the supply chain is messed up.

If I read your posts correctly they had all but the shafts at one point.  So let’s do a hypothetical scenario. They can put your heads and grips in a box and save them for when they get the shafts which are promised to be in in 30 days but who knows when they will really arrive. That would seem fair right? But is it good business. Let’s continue this hypothetical and say they have 500 sets of heads and 2000 orders.  There are more heads coming soon from China but they only have the 500 now. Unfortunately the next 500 orders are all like yours. Missing shafts or grips so they cannot assemble the clubs. Should they shut down the assembly line until they can fulfill in order? Doesn’t seem like a good idea to me. Or should they fill what they can until the new components arrive? 

The problem can come, of course if your order gets bumped multiple times. They might be out of grips one go round and out of the shafts or heads the next. It bites but that is the fine line many plants are working with. Not just golf club assembly.

Hopefully you get yours soon. You will really like them-which is why you ordered them. 

• Like 1

Titleist TSR4 9° Tensei AV White 65

Titleist TSi3 strong 3w 13.5° Tensei AV White 70

Titleist TS3 19°  hybrid Tensei Blue/Titleist TSR3 24° Diamana Ahina

Titleist T150 5-pw Nippon Pro Modus 125

Vokey SM8 50° F & 56° M SM9 60°M

Cameron Newport w/ flow neck by Lamont/ Cameron Del Mar

I didn't wait, went the shop and picked up a stock ZX4 4 instead of the ZX Utility 3.  It measures 1/2" over the listed spec.  That's minus 1/4" for the grip which has always been the case for Srixon.  The extra 1/4" looks to be measuring to the bottom groove which has been mentioned before.

Edited by mootrail

1 hour ago, asm11 said:

FWIW, mine showed up today. Ordered Feb. 8. All Zx5s with nippon shafts, grips in box. Checking specs now but I’m not optimistic based on comments in this thread. 

Ordered two upright and basically everything was standard. Make sure to check your specs as they appear to be rushing orders. It’s my fourth set of Srixons and the first issue like this. 

Ping G 400 Max 9 degree w/ Proforce VTS Black 7s
Cobra F7 14.5 degree w/ Elements Chrome 7s
Cleveland Classic 18 degree hybrid w/ Fuji Fuel 95s
4-PW Srixon 585 and 785 AW w/ nippon modus 120,
Cleveland RTX4 54 and 58 w/ nippon modus 125 wedge shaft
Putter: Evnroll ER2 35'
Ball: TM TP5x or Pro V1x

Update on my order through Fairway Jockey. Order date was Feb 24th, was just told my clubs are in the build process and the only hiccup is a 7 iron shaft that they are still waiting for. They will split ship the rest. I ordered 4-Pw ZX7 with Dynamic Gold X7. Fairway Jockey has done a great job answering my emails, im pretty patient so I've only emailed them twice 😅

Really looking forward to putting these in the bag. Been using my old set of  714 MBs for about a month and a half and they are demanding to say the least lol

• Like 1