Srixon Irons wait time.

• Replies 645
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

They're golf clubs. I'm sorry, but it's just not the end of the world. And I can say that as someone who received a partial shipment of 4 irons.   Srixon, Ping, Taylormade, Titleist, they're

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   My zx7s version 2.0 (reorder because Srixon messed up the first one, but the reorder came in just 2 1/2 weeks) are in.  

Got the call that my ZX5 irons are in.  Woohoo!!!

Posted Images

I ordered mine way before the rush. I guess more so the limited supply of resources currently going on.  They arrived within 10 calendar days.  I am not 100% sure if Srixon is picking which orders go out or not, does not seem like it but these post would make you think so.  

I think what your order needs are is the issue if you read the thread over.  If you have ZX7 with XXXX Shaft and XXXX Grip that is backordered your waiting.  BUT it seems If you have ZX7 with YYYY shaft and XXXX Grip you can swap the grip at times to get them out to you.  Appears to be vice versa too, but not sure if fitted with a shaft why anyone would switch. 

I know people want to get the new clubs in their bags, but have your tried to order from any other manufacture?   IF so you know this is not just Srixon.

I have been toying with the idea of a new driver and when I inquired on my setup a few weeks back I was told that it would be late May / first of June. That was by the manufacture.  I tired to reach out to some of the top builders noted on WRX last week hoping to "cheat" the process if they had the items in stock and they said the same thing.

It's all across the board sadly for all of us.

• Like 2

Driver: Titleist TS3 - Tensi AV Blue 65x

3 Wood:  Titleist TS3 - Fuji Atmos Red 70x

Hybrid:  Titleist TSI2 - HZDRUS Smoke RDX 80s

Hybrid: Titleist TSI2 - HZDRUS Smoke RDX 90s

Irons:  Srixon ZX7 5-PW  - Modus 3 105 S (HS+1)

Wedges: Cleveland RTX Zipcore

Putter: Scotty Special Select Newport

Hang in there for those of you still waiting!!! These clubs are definitely worth it! 

Got to test my zx7's last night, and im glad I chose srixon. My swing was way off last night (started working on lower body stuff with my coach) and yikes lol. But I sure did test the forgiveness factor 🤣🤣. I did settle in and started striking it well. These feel so solid, compared to my 714 mbs these feel more soft meaty or "thicc" 😎! Ill have some adjusting to do distance wise. Can't wait to play this weekend! 

Hoping all of you still waiting get your orders soon, these clubs are worth the wait!! 

• Like 2
1 hour ago, Joe Jordan said:

What do you all think the average wait time is now for a set of ZX5’s?

Totally depends on the configuration and not sure anyone here knows what's in or out of stock wrt components. I can say that I got ZX5 6-9i in less than 2 weeks ordering from Carls. The 6i came in like 3 days. Recoil 95 R, GP MMC grips. I'm still waiting on the PW I ordered (with the 8 and 9i) as well as a couple of ZX7s but those were ordered last week.

• Like 1

G400Max Xtorsion 60S | F9 3W - 3H Devo 7-8S - RadSpeed 7W Motore F3R | 0211 5-6H Riptide  80R

ZX5/7 6-PW Recoil 95R | cbx2 50 Recoil 95R | Glide 56 eye2 - 58TS | Stroke Lab Double Wide

7 minutes ago, nostatic said:

Totally depends on the configuration and not sure anyone here knows what's in or out of stock wrt components. I can say that I got ZX5 6-9i in less than 2 weeks ordering from Carls. The 6i came in like 3 days. Recoil 95 R, GP MMC grips. I'm still waiting on the PW I ordered (with the 8 and 9i) as well as a couple of ZX7s but those were ordered last week.

I put my order in of ZX5’s 4-AW with Nippon 950GH R, GP MMC grips on April 1st with my fitter

I put in my order for a set of ZX5 5-PW w/ KBS Tour 120 shafts on March 18th, and was just told today that they wouldn’t be built in California until the beginning of May.

So on week 4, I’m being told that I’d have to wait 3-4 more weeks minimum.

For me, since I sold my previous irons, and the actual shaft I was fitted for (Project X LS) is back ordered until sometime in the Summer, and was settling for my 2nd pick shaft + also not getting the grips I ordered (Lamkin Crossline Midsize), I’m now leaning towards cancelling and picking up a set of used clubs.

Too many compromises for too much money and too much of a wait time. Really like the ZX5’s and will consider them on the used market, either now or down the road.

• Like 1

Callaway Mavrik (10.5*) / Tensei AV Blue 65

Callaway Mavrik (15*) / Rogue White 130 M.S.I. 70

Srixon Z H85 (19*) / Hzrdus Black 6.0 85

TaylorMade P790 (4), (5-PW Coming soon...)

Cleveland RTX Zipcore (50-54-58 Mid) / Dynamic Gold Spinner

TaylorMade SOTO Tour Preferred (36")

🇨🇦

Rep ordered my set of ZX7s 3-PW on 1/26. KBS $ 130x and Utx grips. Finally received the shipping confirmation the other day that they are arriving this Friday. The original shaft choice (AMT X100) delayed it severely so I switched to the $ Taper, and then the grips were going to be another major delay. I am not sure what grip is coming with them at this point (they are just in the box anyway) as I told them I didn't care. So about 2.5 months for me after multiple change orders. 

I actually think it was a blessing in disguise as the $ Tapers will be a better fit. Came from LZ 6.5s and thought I would try the AMT tech, but I think the $ Tapers will more agreeable. Really looking forward to finally getting them. 

• Like 2

SIM2 8.5* with Ventus Blue 6X
Ping G425LST 13* with Hzrdus Smoke Blue 70 6.5
Taylormade 790 UDI with Hzrdus Smoke Black 105 6.5
Srixon ZX&7 3-PW with KBS $-Taper 130X
Titleist SM7 52S with KBS $-Taper 130X
Titleist SM7 58L with KBS $-Taper 130X
Scotty Cameron Special Select Fastback 1.5

Titleist ProV1

Ordered a left-handed 5-PW ZX5 just yesterday; custom build length, Recoil 95 and Dri Tec grips.  The dealer checked with Srixon and no back-order on any of the components so 2-3 weeks estimate for delivery. Must be the supply of heads that is the hold up on the RH models. 

Cobra SZ Xtreme 10.5 Evenflow Blue 65 6.0
BioCell FW EvenFlow Blue 75 6.0
BioCell 19, 22, 25* hybrids
Mizuno JPX 900 Hot Metal- Nippon Modus 3 105s
Cleveland CG12 DSG 56*& 60*
Odyssey Stroke lab 10 S

On 4/12/2021 at 3:04 PM, TJ83 said:

Hang in there for those of you still waiting!!! These clubs are definitely worth it! 

Got to test my zx7's last night, and im glad I chose srixon. My swing was way off last night (started working on lower body stuff with my coach) and yikes lol. But I sure did test the forgiveness factor 🤣🤣. I did settle in and started striking it well. These feel so solid, compared to my 714 mbs these feel more soft meaty or "thicc" 😎! Ill have some adjusting to do distance wise. Can't wait to play this weekend! 

Hoping all of you still waiting get your orders soon, these clubs are worth the wait!! 

Your analogy as "soft meaty" or "thick" is perfect.  They have a thick super solid soft'ish feel when flushed.

Edited by CDM
  • Like 1

Driver: Titleist TS3 - Tensi AV Blue 65x

3 Wood:  Titleist TS3 - Fuji Atmos Red 70x

Hybrid:  Titleist TSI2 - HZDRUS Smoke RDX 80s

Hybrid: Titleist TSI2 - HZDRUS Smoke RDX 90s

Irons:  Srixon ZX7 5-PW  - Modus 3 105 S (HS+1)

Wedges: Cleveland RTX Zipcore

Putter: Scotty Special Select Newport

4 hours ago, CDM said:

Your analogy as "soft meaty" or "thick" is perfect.  They have a thick super solid soft'ish feel when flushed.

Yup, such a strong but thick feeling iron. Love the lofts paired with the dg x7, really gave me a nice mediim-high flight as opposed to suuuuper high with my old setup haha. Also because of the standard lie angle (old set was 2.5 upright) no more sweeping draws!!

Just took delivery of my ZX7 AW and 54 and 58 Zipcore wedges with Recoil shafts.  Just been chipping in the backyard and on those shots the ZX7 feels much nicer than the Zipcore wedges.  I guess that was to be expected with the ZX7 being forged and the others cast, but I was still somewhat shocked that I would feel the difference on chips.

In terms of looks the AW blends really well with the 54 Zipcore.  Compared to my Z Forged PW it looks almost identical at address, needless to say I could be looking down at the same set really.  Perhaps the ZX7 has a slightly higher toe?

Still waiting on the ZX7 5 - PW to arrive. Hopefully soon.  If anyone wants to see some comparison shots of the AW just let me know.  I currently have the PW in Z Forged, the AW in ZX7, the Zipcores in 54 and 58 and the RTX-4 in 50, 54 & 58

• Like 1

Callaway Rogue 10.5
Callaway BB Alpha 816 16
Srixon Z H45 19 Hybrid
Srixon Z U85 23 Utility
Srixon Z 785/Z-Forged 5 - PW
Cleveland RTX-4 Mid Grind 50 54 58
TaylorMade Spider Tour Red
TaylorMade TP5X