Srixon Irons wait time.

Ryan19jwu

Ordered 2 sets 3/10.

Stock set of ZX5's- took 2 days to get.  

ZX7'/5 combo set with KBS Tour 130's arrived yesterday.  Srixon was kind enough to expedite with free FedEx overnight.

The rep said Hideki winning the Masters has been great, but is causing even more stress on delivery times.  Stock builds are going to go out much faster than custom orders.  

Titleist TSr4 10.0*  Mitsubishi WB 63 tx  
TaylorMade BRNR Mini 13.5* Kai'li white- tx
Srixon ZX5 (4-6) ZX7 (7-pw) KBS tour 130-x
Mizuno T20 51* TT x-100

Callaway Full Toe 54*, 60* TT x-100
Callaway PM Grind 64*
Toulon First Run Las Vegas DB

Pro V1

Could anyone compare the ZX4 4-iron to the ZX5 4-iron? Is there a big difference in performance and turf interaction between the two?

Callaway Paradym X (11*) / Hzrdus Black Smoke 6.0

Callaway Paradym X (15*) / Hzrdus Silver 6.0

Callaway Rogue St Max OS (21*) / Tensei AV Blue 75 S

Srixon ZX5 (4-PW) / Nippon Modus3 Tour 105 S

Cleveland RTX 6 Zipcore (52* Mid, 58* Mid) / DG Spinner

Odyssey White Hot OG 7 S

WITB on WRX

21 hours ago, mogc60 said:

I got my driver in about 2 weeks. If that gives you some hope 😉

Well get this....ordered the ZX7 irons (Modus 3 105 X) and ZX7 Driver (Tensei White CK 70 X) on Monday 4/12 through my local Golf Mart....Tuesday 4/20 they show up. Even more beautiful than I remembered. Love the single ring ferrules too. Wish the Srixon wasn't heavily accented with red (Go Bears!) but it is pretty too. Upgrading from 13 year old clubs so this is an exciting time.

Had a chance to hit them yesterday. The irons are so buttery smooth. I actually like the feeling of the 4 iron over the 9 iron but just need to acclimate. Driver is louder than in the indoor fitting bay--can't wait for the weight kit to arrive so I can dial it in.

PXL_20210421_025556069.PORTRAIT.jpg

PXL_20210421_025633644.PORTRAIT.jpg

PXL_20210421_024417854.PORTRAIT.jpg

PXL_20210421_024436331.PORTRAIT.jpg

• Like 2

Driver: Srixon ZX7 Tensei CK Pro Orange 60 TX

3 Wood: Titleist TSi3 (15*) Graphite Design Tour AD TSG 75X

Driving Iron: Srixon ZX Utility 2 (18*) Modus3 105 X

Irons: Srixon ZX7 Modus3 105 X (4-PW)

Wedges: Mizuno T22 52, 56, 60 S400

Putter: Odyssey White Hot OG 7S Stroke Lab

Well, I did it again...pulled the trigger on a ZX4 4-iron with a KBS TGI 90 graphite shaft (2* up & +1.5”).

So will just be waiting on that and a 50* Mid Zipcore with DG S400 shaft (2* up & +1.5”).

Now that I have my irons, will make it a lot easier to wait on these...fingers crossed still! 🤞🤞

• Like 1

Odyssey White Hot OG 7 S

WITB on WRX

3 hours ago, chussey said:

Well get this....ordered the ZX7 irons (Modus 3 105 X) and ZX7 Driver (Tensei White CK 70 X) on Monday 4/12 through my local Golf Mart....Tuesday 4/20 they show up. Even more beautiful than I remembered. Love the single ring ferrules too. Wish the Srixon wasn't heavily accented with red (Go Bears!) but it is pretty too. Upgrading from 13 year old clubs so this is an exciting time.

Had a chance to hit them yesterday. The irons are so buttery smooth. I actually like the feeling of the 4 iron over the 9 iron but just need to acclimate. Driver is louder than in the indoor fitting bay--can't wait for the weight kit to arrive so I can dial it in.

PXL_20210421_025556069.PORTRAIT.jpg

PXL_20210421_025633644.PORTRAIT.jpg

PXL_20210421_024417854.PORTRAIT.jpg

PXL_20210421_024436331.PORTRAIT.jpg

Those look gorgeous...the sound of the driver will get addictive. I admit at first it’s got a louder sound, well not muted, but I’ve learned to love that thwack. Keep us posted 

• Like 1

Cobra Aero LS 9 Fuji Evo IV 569 X

Honma TR21 15* VIZARD FP7 Stiff

Honma TR21 HY 18* VIZARD UT 7

Honma TR21 HY 21* VIZARD UT 8

Honma TR21X 5-11 VIZARD IBWF 100

HighToe MG3 54* VIZARD IB 120

HighToe MG3 58*/13 VIZARD IB 120

MackMade custom Slide MMT putter                         

On 4/14/2021 at 8:48 PM, Modad said:

Wow! Got a FedEx shipping notice that my order ^above^ placed on Monday 4/12, has shipped and scheduled to deliver on 4/20. We have complained about being left handed and having limited offerings from some companies, but It paid off to be left-handed THIS TIME!

ZX5's delivered today- 9 days total order to delivery.  Hit a few balls into the field near my home with the 8 iron; I think it's gonna be love!  

IMG_5299.jpg

• Like 2

Stealth 10.5 Tour AD 6S
0311 Gen6  3 and 7 wood
BioCell 25* Hybrid
Srixon ZX5 5-PW Recoil 95 F3
Cleveland CG12 DSG 52*

Hi-Toe milled 58* ATV
Odyssey Stroke lab 10 S

I have been waiting for over two months... 😪😪😪

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Driver: Paradym 3D Ventus black TR 6x

3 wood: Paradym 3d Ventus black TR 7x

19 degree UW: Ventus black TR 8x

Mizuno Pro Fli Hi 4 utility Hazrdus black 90 6.5 X

5 -PW: Callaway Apex MB, KBS $ taper 130X

Wedges - Jaws raw 50, 54, 59 KBS $ taper 130x

Putter- Mutant Wilson Staff 8802 with stroke lab shaft
BALL; Chrome Soft X

35 minutes ago, QuigleyDU said:

I have been waiting for over two months... 😪😪😪

what did you go with? What is the Cleveland rep saying?

Mizuno T20 51* TT x-100

Callaway PM Grind 64*

Pro V1

ZX7s with the stock modus 120 X flex hard stepped. He feels bad but what can he do? 

Driver: Paradym 3D Ventus black TR 6x

3 wood: Paradym 3d Ventus black TR 7x

19 degree UW: Ventus black TR 8x

Mizuno Pro Fli Hi 4 utility Hazrdus black 90 6.5 X

5 -PW: Callaway Apex MB, KBS $ taper 130X

Wedges - Jaws raw 50, 54, 59 KBS $ taper 130x

Putter- Mutant Wilson Staff 8802 with stroke lab shaft
BALL; Chrome Soft X

On 4/21/2021 at 9:39 AM, BallerNate said:

Well, I did it again...pulled the trigger on a ZX4 4-iron with a KBS TGI 90 graphite shaft (2* up & +1.5”).

So will just be waiting on that and a 50* Mid Zipcore with DG S400 shaft (2* up & +1.5”).

Now that I have my irons, will make it a lot easier to wait on these...fingers crossed still! 🤞🤞

Do you have experience w/ the TGI 90? Just curious as to how you ended up on that shaft.

d: Epic Max | f: Rogue 3HL, Apex UW | h1: Apex Super | i: 923 HM | w: MD4 | p: Chalk Spider X SB

Just now, rondre3000 said:

Do you have experience w/ the TGI 90? Just curious as to how you ended up on that shaft.

I was trying to find a graphite shaft that could be a good fit to give the ZX4 a Driving Iron feel.

I actually spoke with Srixon Canada today though, and they told me they couldn’t give any kind of timeline on when they would be able to get that shaft or get the order out. So looked like it would’ve been another long indefinite timeline.

Cancelled the order and am going to pick up a Z 565 4-iron I found cheap to try in that 21*-22* spot and see if that will beat out the Z 785 4-iron and be a good fit.

• Like 1

Odyssey White Hot OG 7 S

WITB on WRX

1 hour ago, QuigleyDU said:

ZX7s with the stock modus 120 X flex hard stepped. He feels bad but what can he do? 

got a few dozen balls out of my wait time, give it a shot.

• Like 1

Mizuno T20 51* TT x-100

Callaway PM Grind 64*

Pro V1

On 4/20/2021 at 11:53 AM, mogc60 said:

Just gotta say it’s pretty crappy the effect the pandemic has had on supply in every industry. I’m in industrial equipment sales and some of my customers are just dying to get products. Whether it’s steel or parts or one customer thats in the container business is back ordered 6 months and losing customers by the day. I hear all of their horror stories and it’s just sad. They don’t have much control over the delays, similar to what we’ve seen in golf as well. 🍻

Funny though isn’t it? Here we are 14 months or so into this and some still just don’t get how their particular order could possibly be delayed. Then they get mad at the company involved when they had no way of preventing these shortages.

• Like 2

Titleist TSR4 9° Fujikura Ventus VC Red 5S

Titleist TSi3 strong 3w 13.5° Tensei AV White 70

Titleist TS3 19°  hybrid Tensei Blue/Titleist TS3 23° Tensei Blue

Titleist T150 5-pw Nippon Pro Modus 125

Vokey SM8 50° F & 56° M SM9 60°M

Cameron Newport w/ flow neck by Lamont/ Cameron Del Mar

4 hours ago, BallerNate said:

I was trying to find a graphite shaft that could be a good fit to give the ZX4 a Driving Iron feel.

I actually spoke with Srixon Canada today though, and they told me they couldn’t give any kind of timeline on when they would be able to get that shaft or get the order out. So looked like it would’ve been another long indefinite timeline.

Cancelled the order and am going to pick up a Z 565 4-iron I found cheap to try in that 21*-22* spot and see if that will beat out the Z 785 4-iron and be a good fit.

Thx. Just received my zx5/7 set with TGI 90s so I was curious. I haven't seen much feedback from others on this shaft but in a recent fitting I liked it a lot!

• Like 2

d: Epic Max | f: Rogue 3HL, Apex UW | h1: Apex Super | i: 923 HM | w: MD4 | p: Chalk Spider X SB

17 minutes ago, rondre3000 said:

Thx. Just received my zx5/7 set with TGI 90s so I was curious. I haven't seen much feedback from others on this shaft but in a recent fitting I liked it a lot!

Nice...enjoy!! Sounds like a sweet setup for sure!

Odyssey White Hot OG 7 S

WITB on WRX

Actually feeling like I can make a solid swing at the ball now and took some time on the range yesterday to sort out some things, then played 18 and was able to finally give the new zx7s a fair test.  Still inconsistent with my swing, but able to actually hit the darn ball and get distance and height from an iron so excited about that.

First challenge was on the second hole - hit my drive way right into the adjoining fairway, lol, had a 7 iron into a crosswind back over trees and blind to the hole - hit the green and ended up on the back apron about 20 feet!  Had to choke down a hair because the ball was slightly above my feet and debated whether I needed a 6, hit it flush and no issues with height and given the angle the wind probably helped more than it hurt.  That was the first shot I've hit with the new irons this year that I knew (1) hey, I can play golf, lol, and (2) these irons are going to be great!

Not all shots were perfect because I'm not, miss on a good swing is towards the toe a bit and very little punishment.  Miss the sweet spot low anywhere on the face and you know it and I like knowing that.  Hit the 8 on the range next to my treasured Legacy Black 8 - too windy to tell much, but it's at least it's equal on feel on good shots and it should be with similar forging.  No way to judge relative forgiveness, I'd still guess the Blacks might come out a little ahead on that but they are now officially retired for the remainder of this season (though will never be traded or sold, lol),

I hit enough different shots (love the AW) including a nice little 70 yard low pitch under some overhanging limbs with the PW that set up a nice birdie try (that I missed) on the last.  Dunked an attempt at a 3/4 6 on a par 3 I put the worst swing of the day on, attempt no. 2 beautiful trajectory and right where I aimed it.  

It was fun to hit nice iron shots for the first time this year, but more fun to know hitting 100 yard 8 irons on the range, and some 1/2 and 3/4 shots on the course also are no problem for these irons.

Had a hiccup with the first order, my second one came in record speed compared with what I still read for wait times so although I didn't have to wait as long as some (sorry for anyone waiting) . . . . these were worth the wait! I'm relieved because I only tested these indoors which I vowed never to do again many years ago, but that testing confirmed the shaft I have in my Callaways works for these and that was my main concern.  LOL, do as I say, not as I do!

• Like 1

Just received my shipping notification for order placed on 2/12. Should be delivered by 5/4. Almost 3 months!

ZX7 5-PW with Recoil 95 F4

TaylorMade Qi10 10.5* 
Callaway BB Alpha 816 16*
Srixon Z H45 Hybrid 19* 
Srixon ZX Utility 23*
Srixon ZX5 Mk II 5-AW

Callaway Jaws Raw Black 54 & 58
TaylorMade Spider Tour Black
Bridgestone Tour RX

Just curious if anybody who ordered with the MMT 105S has gotten there irons yet.  Doesn't much matter to me as I changed my order, but just curious and how long it took?

Ping G430 Max 10.5, VA Nemesis 55 four

Ping G430 5-18, VA Vylyn 65 four

Ping G430 4H, 5H, 6H, Alta 70S

Mizuno Pro 245, 6-gw. MMT 85S

Ping S159 54S, & 54H, MMT 105S

Odyssey Nano 7, stroke lab

Pro V 1X or Z-Star XV

On 4/22/2021 at 5:55 PM, Shilgy said:

Funny though isn’t it? Here we are 14 months or so into this and some still just don’t get how their particular order could possibly be delayed. Then they get mad at the company involved when they had no way of preventing these shortages.

The problem is not the perception of fault, it is the what every company can control...communication.  Read the thread to learn there is no consistency in what is said or in what order things will be filled.

I got my combo after about 10 weeks.  I am SO impressed with a cavity having the same feel as the best feeling blades on the market.  I am even more surprised by the ZX7 distance and that the ZX5's exceed that distance.

Having said that, Srixon has a lot less luster in my eyes compared to how I felt about them 3 months ago.  

Srixon nailed the irons...AGAIN, but management has shown little ability to navigate the challenges almost every industry has faced.

Edited by rxk9fan
  • Like 1

Driver- Titleist TsR2 with Graphite Design Tour AD

4w - Titleist Tsi2 with Tensei Raw Blue shaft

19 Hy - Titleist 818 H1 with Atmos Tour Spec

23 Hy - Titleist 818 with Graphite Design Tour AD-DI shaft

5i-PW - Bridgestone J15 CB with Recoil F4 110 shafts

50,54,and 58 Wilson Staff wedges with SF shafts

Ping Prime Tyne 4 PSD

1 hour ago, anth said:

Just received my shipping notification for order placed on 2/12. Should be delivered by 5/4. Almost 3 months!

ZX7 5-PW with Recoil 95 F4

Same order but in combo breaking at the 6i.  Took about 10 weeks for mine.

Hope you love them!  I am super impressed with the product...Love mine.  I hope management will learn the importance of communication!

• Thanks 1

Driver- Titleist TsR2 with Graphite Design Tour AD

4w - Titleist Tsi2 with Tensei Raw Blue shaft

19 Hy - Titleist 818 H1 with Atmos Tour Spec

23 Hy - Titleist 818 with Graphite Design Tour AD-DI shaft

5i-PW - Bridgestone J15 CB with Recoil F4 110 shafts

50,54,and 58 Wilson Staff wedges with SF shafts

Ping Prime Tyne 4 PSD

I know not many want to hear this, but they are currently running 4-5 weeks on stock orders. Zx7 I was told are almost out of stock! And custom orders are at the mercy of the imports! They don't have much stock in the warehouse, and they realize that. Just sent 3 orders in for my "players" and they understood. The Hideki effect is real!! 

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

10 hours ago, pdiddy3 said:

I know not many want to hear this, but they are currently running 4-5 weeks on stock orders. Zx7 I was told are almost out of stock! And custom orders are at the mercy of the imports! They don't have much stock in the warehouse, and they realize that. Just sent 3 orders in for my "players" and they understood. The Hideki effect is real!! 

Crazy because most of the stuff including the irons and wedges aren’t even something he uses. Most people don’t spot that though. I was told 2 weeks and now it’s going on 4. I wouldn’t mind if they would just give me a real answer but they keep telling me it’s going to ship in the next few days. 

4 hours ago, Champ2430 said:

Crazy because most of the stuff including the irons and wedges aren’t even something he uses. Most people don’t spot that though. I was told 2 weeks and now it’s going on 4. I wouldn’t mind if they would just give me a real answer but they keep telling me it’s going to ship in the next few days. 

I think the answer is demand for zx7s has really had little to do with Hideki winning the Masters.  It was strong before and getting stronger, but also kind of hard to know real numbers. I’m sure the shortages and issues with supply skew the perception that demand is high (although it also really is high for Srixon).