Srixon Irons wait time.

Ryan19jwu

Anyone order their ZX irons with KBS Tour-V shafts? I'm on 12 weeks now for my ZX5/ZX7 combo order. Finally figuring out it's the shaft.that Srixon is having trouble sourcing. Also, anyone know a similar profile/weight to Tour-V? Maybe C-taper lite? Obviously, I should stick to what I was fit for, but if I can find something similar enough, then why not. I can always buy the Tour Vs through KBS or eBay later. I don't think Srixon will sell heads only (maybe they do?). 

1 hour ago, SaucySpinners88 said:

Anyone order their ZX irons with KBS Tour-V shafts? I'm on 12 weeks now for my ZX5/ZX7 combo order. Finally figuring out it's the shaft.that Srixon is having trouble sourcing. Also, anyone know a similar profile/weight to Tour-V? Maybe C-taper lite? Obviously, I should stick to what I was fit for, but if I can find something similar enough, then why not. I can always buy the Tour Vs through KBS or eBay later. I don't think Srixon will sell heads only (maybe they do?). 

1 hour ago, SaucySpinners88 said:

Was fit into the combo with C-Taper 120 S on March 26th. The most recent update was for them to ship mid June. Fitter/rep said the shafts were the issue. Specifically the 9/PW shafts. 

On 6/7/2021 at 12:15 PM, SaucySpinners88 said:

Actually if it’s the shafts they are in shipping containers on ships that are anchored 5 miles out to sea from Long Beach and Los Angeles Harbors. 

Steel is also really expensive right now. There’s steel coming from Asia that is being processed, but with COVID the U.S. production of steel is just starting back up and they might be at 50% capacity. So the foundries aren’t putting out the steel at their normal output.

Your KBS is made in the USA in Boulder, CO. So Kim Braly Signature is having a hard time getting US Steel due to the shortage of workers. So KBS is having a hard time getting steel, so with that being said... you might be waiting until late July, unless you switch to something they have in stock.

My ZX5 gap wedge arrived today finally, it’s the final club in my bag overhaul... maybe... I may end up getting the 4-iron... if the lead times go down... which I think they will in the third quarter 2021.

1 hour ago, Shaner1987 said:

Actually if it’s the shafts they are in shipping containers on ships that are anchored 5 miles out to sea from Long Beach and Los Angeles Harbors. 

Steel is also really expensive right now. There’s steel coming from Asia that is being processed, but with COVID the U.S. production of steel is just starting back up and they might be at 50% capacity. So the foundries aren’t putting out the steel at their normal output.

Your KBS is made in the USA in Boulder, CO. So Kim Braly Signature is having a hard time getting US Steel due to the shortage of workers. So KBS is having a hard time getting steel, so with that being said... you might be waiting until late July, unless you switch to something they have in stock.

My ZX5 gap wedge arrived today finally, it’s the final club in my bag overhaul... maybe... I may end up getting the 4-iron... if the lead times go down... which I think they will in the third quarter 2021.

Ended up getting communication today that my set is built and are shipping today to CC Headquarters. Should have them within two weeks! Apparently the KBS Tour V shaft is hard for the OEMS to get, especially so with the COVID-19 times. A lot easier to order through a smaller retailer or KBS themselves. This might be useful to anyone that ordered theirs with that specific shaft. 

I made the mistake of grabbing a few irons the other day during a golf lesson. 

JPX 921 Forged

T200

ZX5

(And had my Apex and 2006 Taylormade R7 with me for comparison)

I was hitting the ZX5 the longest and most consistent, followed by the T200, R7 then JPX...and the Apex were more than 1 club behind. Meaning I was getting better flight from the 7i in those than the 6i in the Callaway. Absolutely loved them. 

I only tried the KBS Tour 120 and $- Taper 100 and then a 110 something. Really preferred the Tour. 

Reached out to a buddy who has Srixon access and he kinda told me the same stuff. Said I wanted KBS Tour and he said if you want modus 120 I can get much much quicker and he thinks I'll like it just as much. 

1. Anyone compare a KBS Tour 120 to a Modus 120? Most reviews say fairly similar

2. I cant decide if I want a ZX5 only or a combo set. Anyone go ZX5 only and regret it? I really dont work the ball, I just want dependable straight with a soft landing on the green. - also got SM8s this spring so my gap is 52 and staying that so I wouldnt mind the higher loft of the PW in the ZX7. I feel like the 7 will still be easier to hit and more forgiving than my Callaways, which I really dont like/trust

I stop and restart hearts

Rogue ST LS 10.5* - Tensei white
G425 15* - Tensei Orange
U510 2i - HZRDUS black or Rogue ST 21* Tensei Blue
i525 4-50* DG 105 S300

SM9 54 - 58

Phantom x 7.5

16 hours ago, Shaner1987 said:

I believe KBS shafts are made by Femco Steel Technologies made in Tiawan.  Not in America.  KBS hq IS in Boulder CO though.

• Like 1

On 5/27/2021 at 10:40 AM, Kolodzieskr2 said:

Yep! I've been pretty sad about it, but trying to be understanding with all the manufacturing shortages going on these days. I would have gone through a 3rd party rather than direct from Srixon, but I had a promotional code. So, that eases the pain a bit .. 

It is a little confusing and discouraging how others have ordered after me, with custom options added, and have received their orders already.. trying to stay patient though!

Will update when shipped!

UPDATE: Ordered 4/18, ZX5 4-P Modus105s, all standard. Got shipping confirmation around midnight last night. Should have them today. 

7 weeks, 4 days -- hopefully that helps someone else's expectations!

All in all considering all circumstances, not terrible.

• Like 1

In case anyone hasn't seen this thread, some really interesting comments. A lot of guys saying they bought ZX7's and decided to go back to their Z 785's: https://forums.golfwrx.com/topic/1817267-srixon-z785-vs-srixon-zx7/

Just throwing it out there...not trying to change anyone's mind. Just think that the only thing worse than waiting weeks/months for a set of irons would be waiting weeks/months and then being disappointed with the product once you get it.

I waited for 6 weeks for an order of ZX5's, but after being told it would be another 3-5 weeks minimum, I decided to cancel and picked up a set of 785's instead...so far they're excellent in early range sessions and on course.

On the other hand, I ordered a 50* Zipcore and waited around 7 weeks, and something is totally off about it. I ordered it with a DG S400 shaft instead of the Spinner, and it was supposed to be +1.5" and 2* upright, but after testing it out for a few weeks, there's something not right. Just can't hit the thing properly or control trajectory even though I previously had a 52* Zipcore and currently have a 54* and 58*. Don't know what error they made in the process, but going to bring it to the shop tomorrow to figure out what's going on with the loft, lie angle, length etc.

Callaway Paradym X (11*) / Hzrdus Black Smoke 6.0

Callaway Paradym X (15*) / Hzrdus Silver 6.0

Callaway Rogue St Max OS (21*) / Tensei AV Blue 75 S

Srixon ZX5 (4-PW) / Nippon Modus3 Tour 105 S

Cleveland RTX 6 Zipcore (52* Mid, 58* Mid) / DG Spinner

Odyssey White Hot OG 7 S

WITB on WRX

On 6/4/2021 at 7:20 PM, pdiddy3 said:

Just heard from my rep.  TT shafts are backordered until July!! Kbs is pretty much only shaft they are not having shipping issues with. Supply chain is "killing all momentum" from hideki winning. But we all know, once you hit these, IT'S WORTH THE WAIT!!! Still always able to help my "players"

Good to know, I just pulled the trigger on some ZX5's with $-Tapers. The Srixon guys said that they have the heads but don't have much of anything in the way of shafts. Said it could be early July before they have the next batch of KBS shafts. That kind of contradicts what some other guys just reported here with KBS so maybe my order can get filled from that last batch of shafts.

1 hour ago, 9stick said:

Good to know, I just pulled the trigger on some ZX5's with $-Tapers. The Srixon guys said that they have the heads but don't have much of anything in the way of shafts. Said it could be early July before they have the next batch of KBS shafts. That kind of contradicts what some other guys just reported here with KBS so maybe my order can get filled from that last batch of shafts.

I emailed customer service and got a response about an hour ago. Rep told me the ZX5 heads won’t be in until late July. 

24 minutes ago, Lefty87 said:

I emailed customer service and got a response about an hour ago. Rep told me the ZX5 heads won’t be in until late July. 

That's hilarious. They just told me, not even 5 minutes ago that if I switched to S300 they would ship in 2 weeks. Sounds like they really have no idea on inventory/supply right now. I decided to stick with the $ taper fwiw.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, 9stick said:

That's hilarious. They just told me, not even 5 minutes ago that if I switched to S300 they would ship in 2 weeks. Sounds like they really have no idea on inventory/supply right now. I decided to stick with the $ taper fwiw.

They really don't have an idea. Actually they do, but their system doesn't make it intuitive for them to be able to tell the customer the right information. 

To test this theory, I called Srixon 4 times in 1 day and got 4 different answers. 1st rep said it's shipping in 2 weeks. 2nd rep said end of July due to Zx5 heads out of stock and the 3rd person said early July because Golf Pride MMC Plus 4 Gray grips are out of stock.

The 4th rep told me that some of the other reps will just tell you a general statement (pretty much a lie) most of the time because the way their order/inventory system is designed, it SUCKS a**. You have to go line by line for each head, shaft, then grip separately.

She actually took the time to go over each item and told me that the only thing missing on the set that I was waiting for was missing the 9 iron Miyazaki shaft and I was like can you use the 8 iron and cut it down and she said they don't like to do that on graphite shafts as it messes up the progression of logo on the shaft or something. I was like I don't give a F about the logo placement so please cut it down and ship it out asap. She said she will email the guy in production. 

2 days after that call, got a notification from Fedex that it shipped. 

Zx5 5-7, Zx7 8-PW Miyazaki Regular and MCC Plus 4 grip.

Took exactly 2 months from the date of order.  My advice is to call until you can talk to someone who will check line by line and tell you exactly what you can do to expedite shipping. 

Edited by TMaddict

Finally got the call on 6/2 that my clubs arrived. Ordered 3/27 5-PW PX 6.5. 

They built them correctly with LW heads bc I ordered +1” over. 

They work great in the turf. 

Probably a combination of the shafts/grips, etc., but I think my 919F Mizuno heads are a little softer. 919s are Not nearly as consistent though. 

To me the ZX7 heads feel like a blend of my Mizuno 919 and Titleist 714 AP2s. 

I had the ZX7’s heads bent 1° weak from the factory. Making them 33° At the 7i.  

If anyone is curious, the 33° ZX7 7i is still a little longer than my 32° 919 F in terms of distance. If they were apples to apples at 32° I’d say they were 1/2 of a club longer. 

my son got fitted by a tour pro coach on 5/6.  got ZX5s ordered same day, 2degrees flat with TT Elevate 95 S Flex shafts with Lamkin Pro Grips.  Showed up on doorstep 6/1.  Was worried that they were doing to take forever but made it in time for his summer tours with time to work with them to get distances.  He loves them.  Longer, straighter, higher than his previous Apex 16s.  Great club and surprised they got here so fast (compared to times i was hearing).  Not sure if pro coach had some special hotline for orders or not, but glad they are here.

Ordered ZX7 with $ Tapers on 4/3 and the CC fitter just told me they got pushed back again to 6/29.. I'm wondering if I should just cancel them and get them used through 2nd swing with KBS Tour instead. Seems like some people are having issues with low spin in the ZX7s anyway so it may not be a horrible idea.

4 minutes ago, BogeyBirdieBogey said:

Ordered ZX7 with $ Tapers on 4/3 and the CC fitter just told me they got pushed back again to 6/29.. I'm wondering if I should just cancel them and get them used through 2nd swing with KBS Tour instead. Seems like some people are having issues with low spin in the ZX7s anyway so it may not be a horrible idea.

It isn't a given that a shaft is going to alter spin. If you haven't been fit or know what shaft fits you, you are purely guessing. 

TSR3 TSi3 3 Wood | 915H 18 |  T150 4-PW Vokey SM9  50, 54, 58 |  Ping PLD Anser 2D

Carl's called today to let me know Srixon notified them that the MCC grips I spec'd were the holdup and asked if I wanted to change that as the grips likely wouldn't be in until July. I told them to just throw Velvet 360s in the box and I'd grip them (I have some MCCs at home). This is for ZX7 AW and 6i, so hopefully those will show up soon. That's the last of the Srixon's I'm waiting on.

AI Smoke Max Tensei Blue 55R | Cleveland Halo XL HyWood 3+ Tensei Blue 55R

G430 4-5H Alta R | Srixon ZX4-5 7i-AW Dart 65R

Glide4 Eye2 56 | Vokey 60 M | Ping Anser 2023

14 minutes ago, JStang said:

It isn't a given that a shaft is going to alter spin. If you haven't been fit or know what shaft fits you, you are purely guessing. 

I was fitted for $ Tapers. Everywhere I've read literally says that $ Tapers were designed for pros who loved the KBS Tours but wanted lower launch/spin. My Trackman numbers from the fitting also show lower spin in the $ Tappers by about 400 rpm. 

4 hours ago, BogeyBirdieBogey said:

I was fitted for $ Tapers. Everywhere I've read literally says that $ Tapers were designed for pros who loved the KBS Tours but wanted lower launch/spin. My Trackman numbers from the fitting also show lower spin in the $ Tappers by about 400 rpm. 

Then stay patient and wait for what you were fit for.

TSR3 TSi3 3 Wood | 915H 18 |  T150 4-PW Vokey SM9  50, 54, 58 |  Ping PLD Anser 2D

4 hours ago, BogeyBirdieBogey said:

Are you looking for stiff or x flex?

On 6/14/2021 at 9:50 PM, nostatic said:

Carl's called today to let me know Srixon notified them that the MCC grips I spec'd were the holdup and asked if I wanted to change that as the grips likely wouldn't be in until July. I told them to just throw Velvet 360s in the box and I'd grip them (I have some MCCs at home). This is for ZX7 AW and 6i, so hopefully those will show up soon. That's the last of the Srixon's I'm waiting on.

I was told last week Srixon had run out of MCC in the popular colors such as grey and that if I still wanted my order Mid July I would need to accept blue or another grip entirely.

On 6/8/2021 at 4:33 PM, Shaner1987 said:

How long was the wait for your ZX5 gap wedge? I ordered from TGW on June 4, so I know it's going to be a while...