Srixon Irons wait time.

Ryan19jwu

Ugh. I’m just hoping I can get through the year and my last big tourney at the end of October then have the ability to place my order with the specs I need. Shaft options on the website are basically nothing! 

Driver: TaylorMade QI10 9 degree Tour AD VF 6TX
Fairway: TaylorMade RBZ Tour 14.5 w/Tensei CK White 70TX

Hybrid: TaylorMade Rescue 11 18 degree X flex
Irons: New Level 623 CB w/Modus 105X
Wedges: Cleveland RTX Zip Core 52, 58 KBS 610 S+ 
Putter: Cobra Armlock
Ball: 2024 Bridgestone BX / 2024 Chrome Tour X

Ordered 6/14 from GOLFUSA in Manhattan Ks. and received them on 7/11 custom built 1* strong loft 1* flat lie with UST Recoil Smacwrap regular flex shaft 4-PW with Lamkin UTX grips. Thanks Ken and Cody best place to order on line.Less then a month and now every day this week it's calling for rain. So excited about getting out with these as they are some beauties. 

Driver: Cobra  50th Anniversary Edition Aerojet 10.5 w/Graphite Design Tour AD IZ4 

3W: Callaway  Paradym X 3w/ Graphite Design Tour AD CQ5  

5/7W: Callaway Paradym X / Project X Hzrdus Gen 4 silver 5.5

Irons:  Titleist T-350 w/Aerotech i80r

Wedges:  Cleveland RTX 6 ZipCore 48* and 54* w/Aerotech i95r

Putter:  ENVROLL E2 34" with Stability Fire shaft  w/ Oversize Black PURE grip (rotate) ODESSEY EYE TRAX 2-BALL w/BGT Stability Carbon 33" 2 Thumb OG Lite 31 black grip

Anybody have insight into how Srixon is doing with sourcing Project X LZ 6.0 shafts? Ordered my combo set in early June; just wondering what others have experienced.

Driver: Ping G430 LST 9* | Fujikura Ventus TR Blue 6X

3W: Ping G430 Max @14* | Fujikura Speeder NX Blue 70X

7W: Ping G430 Max @20* | Graphite Design Tour AD DI 8X (or sometimes G430 3H with Tour 2.0 Chrome 85S)

4 Utility: Ping iCrossover @23.5* | Graphite Design Tour AD DI 95X (or sometimes G430 5H at 25* with Tour 2.0 Chrome 85S)

Irons: Ping i230 5-UW | Fujikura AXIOM 105X

Wedges: Callaway Jaws Raw 54/12W@55/13W, 60/12X | Nippon Modus 125 Wedge

Putter: Bettinardi 2024 BB1 Wide 

Thank you, Srixon!

I ordered my full set of ZX7's with $ Taper shafts, 2*Flat, GP Z-Cord grips on March 19th through a brick and mortar Golf Galaxy.  I've been given five projected delivery dates, the most recent one is for mid-August (will be 21-22 weeks in total).  After the last updated delivery date, I reached out to Srixon for an explanation and politely asked if there was something they could do to reward my patience. 

They are sending me 3 dozen Srixon balls of my choice.  Frankly, I was blown away by the generous offer and it highlights their great customer service.  Srixon is limited by the delays passed on to them by their grip and shaft manufacturers.  It's a challenging world with everything going on and they are in a tough spot.  Understanding from all parties involved is key. 

Like most things in life, those who have a valid case and ask in a polite and respectful way, get.  It’s hard to imagine a longer wait time that what I’ve experienced (17 weeks actual, 21-22 weeks projected), hence my justification for a "valid case"; that might explain why they were so generous.  Their situational understanding, quick response time, and generosity earned them a customer-for-life with me and I haven't even gotten my clubs yet. 

• Like 2

Thats so cool as I went thru a waiting period with some PING G710's as all I did was mention how nice it would be if when there is a lengthy delay in waiting for our clubs if the company would be so kind as to throw something little extra in like a golf hat, towel whatever as it was during the pandemic period and boy did I get slammed. I was told I'm not entitled to anything extra as this was from another person who sounded like a troll, it was not from the company as I never did ask them. I know it was not PING's fault for the delay It was just something I mention as to how it would be nice. So good for you as my wait was not nearly as long as you have been waiting. 

Thats neat how you are now a customer for life with Srixon as I just received my custom built ZX5's from GOLFUSA as they arrived in less than a month. Special thanks to Drew and Cody. I keep hearing the wait is worth it as you will be very satisfied with them. I know certain shafts are back ordered as yours are probably one of them. 

• Like 1

Driver: Cobra  50th Anniversary Edition Aerojet 10.5 w/Graphite Design Tour AD IZ4 

3W: Callaway  Paradym X 3w/ Graphite Design Tour AD CQ5  

5/7W: Callaway Paradym X / Project X Hzrdus Gen 4 silver 5.5

Irons:  Titleist T-350 w/Aerotech i80r

Wedges:  Cleveland RTX 6 ZipCore 48* and 54* w/Aerotech i95r

Putter:  ENVROLL E2 34" with Stability Fire shaft  w/ Oversize Black PURE grip (rotate) ODESSEY EYE TRAX 2-BALL w/BGT Stability Carbon 33" 2 Thumb OG Lite 31 black grip

1 hour ago, Tiptx1122 said:

Thats so cool as I went thru a waiting period with some PING G710's as all I did was mention how nice it would be if when there is a lengthy delay in waiting for our clubs if the company would be so kind as to throw something little extra in like a golf hat, towel whatever as it was during the pandemic period and boy did I get slammed. I was told I'm not entitled to anything extra as this was from another person who sounded like a troll, it was not from the company as I never did ask them. I know it was not PING's fault for the delay It was just something I mention as to how it would be nice. So good for you as my wait was not nearly as long as you have been waiting. 

Thats neat how you are now a customer for life with Srixon as I just received my custom built ZX5's from GOLFUSA as they arrived in less than a month. Special thanks to Drew and Cody. I keep hearing the wait is worth it as you will be very satisfied with them. I know certain shafts are back ordered as yours are probably one of them. 

Yeah I can't wait to try mine as well!  That sucks that was the response to your question.  I think things like that have to be looked at as a case by case basis.  If you are buying a new car from a dealer and there is a scratch in the paint, would you try to negotiate a lower price?  If you buy 5 grills from home depot, would you try and negotiate a lower price because you are buying in volume? 

There is always a point where an invalid case becomes a valid case when requesting something; the key is knowing when that is.  Everyone is different.  For me, the fifth delay was the breaking point.  Wording of said request is important as you catch more flies with honey than vinegar.

13 hours ago, tjw5062 said:

Thank you, Srixon!

I ordered my full set of ZX7's with $ Taper shafts, 2*Flat, GP Z-Cord grips on March 19th through a brick and mortar Golf Galaxy.  I've been given five projected delivery dates, the most recent one is for mid-August (will be 21-22 weeks in total).  After the last updated delivery date, I reached out to Srixon for an explanation and politely asked if there was something they could do to reward my patience. 

They are sending me 3 dozen Srixon balls of my choice.  Frankly, I was blown away by the generous offer and it highlights their great customer service.  Srixon is limited by the delays passed on to them by their grip and shaft manufacturers.  It's a challenging world with everything going on and they are in a tough spot.  Understanding from all parties involved is key. 

Like most things in life, those who have a valid case and ask in a polite and respectful way, get.  It’s hard to imagine a longer wait time that what I’ve experienced (17 weeks actual, 21-22 weeks projected), hence my justification for a "valid case"; that might explain why they were so generous.  Their situational understanding, quick response time, and generosity earned them a customer-for-life with me and I haven't even gotten my clubs yet. 

I’ve been waiting since March as well. Hearing that mid August is the new expected date is certainly upsetting. But I’ve waited this long. Striping my Nike Vapors right now anyways lol 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, BottleTopMarker said:

I’ve been waiting since March as well. Hearing that mid August is the new expected date is certainly upsetting. But I’ve waited this long. Striping my Nike Vapors right now anyways lol 

Well with all these delays, Nike could probably walk back into their factory, flip the lights on, do a little cleaning, and start pumping out some more of those Vapors and make a killing.  

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Ordered on 5/28 and just received them today (shipped 7/13), so almost 7 weeks in total. ZX5 4-7, ZX7 8-PW, KBS $ Taper 120, Stiff, golf pride tour velvet 360 grips. I live is Southern California and ordered and delivered through a local shop that is about 45 minutes from Srixon in Huntington Beach where these are assembled and shipped from, not sure if that helps or not. They look amazing and taking them on the course in the morning with no range session. For what it’s worth, the shop I ordered them through checked the lofts (ordered standard and had the shop bend 8 - pw 1 degree strong) and he said all were spot on except the 4 iron was 1 degree weak.

On 7/10/2021 at 6:53 PM, rondre3000 said:

Question, are they replacing all heads or just the ones that are showing premature wear?

Got the irons back today - they replaced them all with brand new heads. They sent me a label, I dropped them off on Monday, they received them Tuesday, and today they got delivered. I am in Los Angeles, so shipping time is 1 day - but that is still incredibly fast. They essentially completed the repair within 2 days.

Excellent customer service and couldn't be happier to have them back in my hands. Hopefully these ones hold up a bit better.

Everyone that messaged me asking about it, Srixon customer service really nailed it. @jozner954 @Tiptx1122

Edited by chocolate_rehab
  • Like 4

Titleist TSR2 // Autoflex SF505

Titleist TSR2 16.5 // Vista Pro 60s

Ping G25 20, 23 // Tour AD True Spec

Titleist T200/T150 5-GW // Steelfiber i80PR

Titleist SM9 54.10, 58.12 // Steelfiber i80r

L.A.B. Golf DF3 // L.A.B. x TPT

Got my left hand zx5 5-P with $ taper 120 today.. ordered May 5. Took them out for a couple holes and loved them. Not clicky at all and I’m coming from 718 Ap2’s. I was surprised that my yardages are pretty similar to my old set, but they seem like they want to fly straighter than the Ap2’s. I don’t try to work the ball much so I think I’m really going to like them. Need to play more with them to get a better opinion on it. 

weird gapping with no AW for lefty so I just ordered a zx7 PW 2° weak. 

2 hours ago, chocolate_rehab said:

Got the irons back today - they replaced them all with brand new heads. They sent me a label, I dropped them off on Monday, they received them Tuesday, and today they got delivered. I am in Los Angeles, so shipping time is 1 day - but that is still incredibly fast. They essentially completed the repair within 2 days.

Excellent customer service and couldn't be happier to have them back in my hands. Hopefully these ones hold up a bit better.

Everyone that messaged me asking about it, Srixon customer service really nailed it. @jozner954 @Tiptx1122

Thx for the update. Will contact them about mine soon. Need to get a back up set ready first. We're spoiled here with the SoCal weather. Temps are going up and scores are going down!

d: Epic Max | f: Rogue 3HL, Apex UW | h1: Apex Super | i: 923 HM | w: MD4 | p: Chalk Spider X SB

3 hours ago, rondre3000 said:

Thx for the update. Will contact them about mine soon. Need to get a back up set ready first. We're spoiled here with the SoCal weather. Temps are going up and scores are going down!

Update, I spoke too soon - they replaced the damaged heads only. Weirdly they were all in plastic though. Still, I'm happy, these irons are amazing and it’s good to have them back. Hope they hold up from here on out.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Titleist TSR2 // Autoflex SF505

Titleist TSR2 16.5 // Vista Pro 60s

Ping G25 20, 23 // Tour AD True Spec

Titleist T200/T150 5-GW // Steelfiber i80PR

Titleist SM9 54.10, 58.12 // Steelfiber i80r

L.A.B. Golf DF3 // L.A.B. x TPT

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/6/2021 at 12:06 PM, 06VistaGT said:

Update today: the Project X shafts are on back order and not due into Srixon until mid August. Puts my delivery into early September.

That's 14-15 weeks from order. I hope they surprise me and pull it in a few weeks...

Just got the call that all but my 4-iron are in. So 9 weeks from order to delivery. ZX7 6 thru A & ZX5 5-iron w/ PX 6.5. The ZX5 4-iron is expected in late August due to the shaft being on back order.

Driver: Cobra King Speedzone 9' w/ Project X Hzrdus Yellow 6.5

3Wood: Cobra King Radspeed Big Tour 14.5' w/ Project X Hzrdus Smoke Blue RDX 6.5

Hybrid: Cobra King Radspeed 2 Hybrid 17' w/ Project X Hzrdus Smoke Black RDX 6.5

Irons: Srixon ZX5 (4 & 5 iron), Srixon ZX7 (6 thru AW) w/ Project X T 6.5

Wedges: Titleist Vokey SM8 54/10S and 58/8M w/ Project X T 6.5

Putter: Titleist Scotty Cameron Teryllium II Santa Fe

I just received my combo set about 10 days ago after placing the original order on May 19th.  I wound up just accepting a different shaft in order to get the clubs finally shipped to me.  I had originally placed the order with the DG AMT white shafts, but after finally being told they were backordered until November and that the Modus 120 was available,  I went ahead and went with the Modus 120 shafts (BIG MISTAKE).  I have been playing the Modus 125s shafts in my last two sets of Srixon irons and they are fantastic but the 120 shafts are not a good fit for my swing.   The 120 shafts do not feel near as good as the 125s and they are extremely high launch with too much spin.  I found a set of AMT white shafts and should receive those today and will hopefully have those installed next week.  Anyone looking for a full set of Nippon Modus 120s shafts (4-aw)……send me a PM.  I am going to have them professionally pulled next week.  

PING G430 LST 9* 
Srixon 13.5* 
Adams LS 19* 
Srixon ZX7/ZX5 Nippon Tour 125s
Odyssey Backstryke blade 
PING/Cleveland 54* 58*

So I’m back on the Srixon waiting train.

Picked up a set of Z 785 4-PW w/ Modus 120’s a couple of months ago after deciding to cancel my ZX5 order after 8 weeks since I didn’t have a backup set of irons.

Actually has been a great decision because I love the 785’s and have been hitting great iron shots. They are so smooth, and the feel is off the charts.

Only problem for me with the 785’s is that I find the 4 and 5-irons pretty unforgiving and hard to hit. So I’ve decided to order ZX5 4 and 5-irons and will combo those with my 785 6-PW until I decide at some point to get ZX7 6-PW eventually (or not).

My ZX5 4 and 5-irons will be 2* Up, +1.5” long, 5i will be 1* weak, and they’ll have Modus3 Tour 120’s to match my 785’s!

Callaway Paradym X (11*) / Hzrdus Black Smoke 6.0

Callaway Paradym X (15*) / Hzrdus Silver 6.0

Callaway Rogue St Max OS (21*) / Tensei AV Blue 75 S

Srixon ZX5 (4-PW) / Nippon Modus3 Tour 105 S

Cleveland RTX 6 Zipcore (52* Mid, 58* Mid) / DG Spinner

Odyssey White Hot OG 7 S

WITB on WRX

I'm now at 8 weeks for ZX7 4-AW order (with KBS C-Taper 130s) and still do not have an ETA. The note I got from the fitter 2 weeks ago was funny: "Manufacturer built orders are severely delayed as manufacturers continue to battle supply issues. These delays can be anywhere from 8-12 weeks and sometimes longer." So... is it 8-12 weeks or just "we have no idea"?

Love my zx7s, but a PM from someone the other day reminded me I had thought about trying a zx5 but I'd changed my mind because of wait times and cancelled the 8i order I placed on a whim one morning back in May.

I've been thinking about a little shaft experiment.  My wedges have soft-stepped stiff Modus black 105s. They are great, but I've gone graphite with all other clubs and do like the Recoils I've grown accustomed to.  Not having any apparent elbow issues with the steel Modus shafts so I thought about trying a single zx7 with that shaft, soft-stepped and to my specs just for fun.  Problem is online the drop down menu only allowed the heavier modus shaft and no option to choose the 105s or black so I figured I'd inquire about how to obtain one, if I can.

I explained what I wanted in an email to Srixon (had good luck with that much earlier this year) and the apparent inability to place the custom order I wanted for a single club and asked for help to accomplish that.

Well, the person whose name and photo I'll withhold (okay, here's looking at you Fran, lol) apparently can't read because the answer I received was a simple, "We do offer the option of purchase individuals [sic] clubs."  That was it.

Duh.

I think I'll wait for things to settle down, if they do.  Seeing more info about the long wait times has me thinking it will be better to just wait until late winter/early spring next year and maybe Cleveland Golf will have some better help, lol.  Or heck with 'em, and see if I can find a shaft someone not too far away can drop into one of my existing clubs, but I really don't want to pull one of the graphites for that, and would prefer to test two 8 irons or 7 irons side by side.

Edited by Hawkeye77

I ordered custom ZX7’s on 7/10 through truespec and they arrived today. Can’t wait to hit them! 

Taylormade Stealth Plus 9* | Fujikura Ventus Velocore 7X SST Pure | Tour Velvet

Titleist TSI2 15* 3W | Accra Tour Z TZ6 75 M5 SST Pure | Tour Velvet

Srixon ZX UT 2I 18.5* | Accra Tour Z TZ5 HB 95 M5 SST Pure | Tour Velvet

Srixon ZX7 4I-AW | TT DG X100 TI SST Pure | Tour Velvet

Titleist Vokey SM9 Raw 54.5*/10 SW | TT DG S400 TI SST Pure | Tour Velvet

Titleist Vokey SM9 Raw 59*/08 LW | TT DG S400 TI SST Pure | Tour Velvet

Odyssey Ten 2-Ball  | Stroke Lab 33”Golf Pride Tour SNSR Contour Red

6 hours ago, MaineGolfNut said:

Congrats! I also ordered through TrueSpec. What shafts did you order?

Thank you! I tested best with the DG X100 TI. What really impressed me with the fit was the most expensive didn’t mean the best for me. I have a really great combo with the ZX7’s and the X1TI’s. 

What did you end up with?

On 8/5/2021 at 3:16 PM, MaineGolfNut said:

I'm now at 8 weeks for ZX7 4-AW order (with KBS C-Taper 130s) and still do not have an ETA. The note I got from the fitter 2 weeks ago was funny: "Manufacturer built orders are severely delayed as manufacturers continue to battle supply issues. These delays can be anywhere from 8-12 weeks and sometimes longer." So... is it 8-12 weeks or just "we have no idea"?

Oh man... this is a bummer... I ordered ZX5s with C-Taper 130s as well, probably about 4 weeks ago (July 13th) and was told they'd be in this week... My club pro is buddies with a regional director, so I'm hoping that information is accurate.

I've been told it's the shafts that are holding things up... the other guy who ordered his set got them in less than a week (blend of ZX7s and 5s, different shafts)... Hopefully they were just waiting on a large shipment of C-Taper and we will both see our sets this week! (I don't like to think of the alternative!)

As of  10/11/2021

9 Callaway Mavrk Sub Zero with Ventus Black 7X

13 Degree Srixon 3 wood Project X Black 6.5

19 Degree Sub70 939 Pro with Proforce V2

4 Utility Sub70 699u 22 degree Proforce V2

5-GW Srixon Zx5 with Project X 6.5

Sub70 286 54

Sub70 JB Low Bounce 58

SeeMore milled Tri-Mallet fit and built at SeeMore 

2 hours ago, OscarBravoLeft said:

Thank you! I tested best with the DG X100 TI. What really impressed me with the fit was the most expensive didn’t mean the best for me. I have a really great combo with the ZX7’s and the X1TI’s. 

What did you end up with?

C-Taper 130s. Almost certainly the hold-up, as it is not a popular shaft. I'd be more patient if my wedge order (Ping Glide 3.0 with DG S300) wasn't also outstanding despite the fact that the components seem widely available (I could build them myself with in stock components within a week).

15 minutes ago, MaineGolfNut said:

C-Taper 130s. Almost certainly the hold-up, as it is not a popular shaft. I'd be more patient if my wedge order (Ping Glide 3.0 with DG S300) wasn't also outstanding despite the fact that the components seem widely available (I could build them myself with in stock components within a week).

I hope they get to you quickly. The C-Taper had a great feel but a little higher spin than I would have liked for me. Sounds like you have a great set inbound. Hit them well!