Srixon Irons wait time.

Ryan19jwu

3 hours ago, Indygolfer18 said:

I hit my first hole in 1 two weeks ago during my 2nd round with my ZX7s, it was with PW. It's definitely the irons! I couldn't be happier with these clubs. I was surprised to end up with a Srixon but man they are great looking and feeling.

Luckily only had to wait 10 days between order and delivery too for anyone wondering. I had PX LZ 6.5s put in.

Huge Congrats, that’s amazing!!! The ZX7’s make me feel like my 1st Hole-in-One is coming too, they’re incredible!! 🏆

• Like 1

TaylorMade SIM 2 Max (10.5*) / Ventus Blue 6-S

TaylorMade SIM 2 Ti (15.75*) / Tensei AV Blue 70 S

TaylorMade SIM Max (19*) / Ventus Blue 7-S

TaylorMade SIM Max (22*) / Ventus Blue 7-S

Srixon ZX5 (5), ZX7 (6-AW) / Modus3 Tour 120

TaylorMade MG3 (56-SB & 60-LB) / Dynamic Gold S200

Scotty Cameron Special Select Newport 2 (36")

WITB on WRX

I ordered my ZX7 irons with Modus 120s in 5-P to replace my Hogan PTx Pros in the same iron makeup.  I have DGTI s400 shafts in my Hogans that I will be pulling and installing into the Srixons once they arrive.  

Hoping that it's a quick delivery since I ordered everything stock with the set, including the grips.  

WITB
Driver: 10.5* SIM2 set 1 click lower- Diamana Limited D+ White 70s (Tour sleeve) or AV Raw White 65s (non tour sleeve)

Fairway: Taylormade SIM2 3 wood (shaft TBD) and Radspeed Tour 5w turned up to 18.5* (Shaft TBD, but Motore F1 is solid)
Irons:  Adams 23* Super 9031 (Proforce Tour Weight Iron shaft), 5-PW Srixon ZX7:  All shafted with DGTI s400
Wedges: Cleveland Zipcore Wedges (All Raw with DGTI s400 shafts) 48* bent to 49*, 52* Mid bent to 53*, 56* Mid bent to 58*...58* Vokey SM8 D grind   

Putter: White Hot OG 7s with Stability Tour Black or Kingston KP1 Carbon Oil Can Finish

I got a shipping notification about my ZX7 irons being shipped.  They should arrive by Tuesday according to FedEx.  Looking forward to getting them.  I should be able to swap out the shafts on Tuesday afternoon when I get home.  

WITB
Driver: 10.5* SIM2 set 1 click lower- Diamana Limited D+ White 70s (Tour sleeve) or AV Raw White 65s (non tour sleeve)

Fairway: Taylormade SIM2 3 wood (shaft TBD) and Radspeed Tour 5w turned up to 18.5* (Shaft TBD, but Motore F1 is solid)
Irons:  Adams 23* Super 9031 (Proforce Tour Weight Iron shaft), 5-PW Srixon ZX7:  All shafted with DGTI s400
Wedges: Cleveland Zipcore Wedges (All Raw with DGTI s400 shafts) 48* bent to 49*, 52* Mid bent to 53*, 56* Mid bent to 58*...58* Vokey SM8 D grind   

Putter: White Hot OG 7s with Stability Tour Black or Kingston KP1 Carbon Oil Can Finish

So my ZX7s came in on Wednesday, and I got my DGTI s400 shafts swapped out the same night.  I'm going to have to extend them 1/2" after the swap from my Hogan PTx Pros tonight.  I got them on the range yesterday on some grass, and they're better than the PTx Pros thru the turf for me, and that's saying a lot, because the Hogan irons are really good. 

I'll get them extended and adjust the lofts and lie angles tonight, and get them on the course this weekend.  I'm very excited about my round on Sunday morning.  

WITB

1 hour ago, jah7838 said:

So my ZX7s came in on Wednesday, and I got my DGTI s400 shafts swapped out the same night.  I'm going to have to extend them 1/2" after the swap from my Hogan PTx Pros tonight.  I got them on the range yesterday on some grass, and they're better than the PTx Pros thru the turf for me, and that's saying a lot, because the Hogan irons are really good. 

I'll get them extended and adjust the lofts and lie angles tonight, and get them on the course this weekend.  I'm very excited about my round on Sunday morning.  

Let us know how the lofts and lies are when you put them on the machine.  My lofts were 2 degrees stronger than specs.  Lie, length, and soft stepping were perfect.

On 9/24/2021 at 2:40 PM, jimb said:

Let us know how the lofts and lies are when you put them on the machine.  My lofts were 2 degrees stronger than specs.  Lie, length, and soft stepping were perfect.

I ordered mine all at standard loft and lie because I knew I was going to be swapping the shafts once the came in. 

After I got them extended, I adjusted the loft and lie angles. They were all 2° upright, but the lofts were pretty close to standard…maybe 1° strong?  

I tweaked them to the lofts I’ve been used to playing for years, so I ended up having to bend some of the a bit more than others. They didn’t seem too far off either way. 

• Like 1

WITB

12 hours ago, jah7838 said:

I ordered mine all at standard loft and lie because I knew I was going to be swapping the shafts once the came in. 

After I got them extended, I adjusted the loft and lie angles. They were all 2° upright, but the lofts were pretty close to standard…maybe 1° strong?  

I tweaked them to the lofts I’ve been used to playing for years, so I ended up having to bend some of the a bit more than others. They didn’t seem too far off either way. 

I am not sure why, but I hit them higher than I expected given the stronger lofts.  They are relatively forgiving and have awesome feel on pure strikes.  I really like them.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, jimb said:

I am not sure why, but I hit them higher than I expected given the stronger lofts.  They are relatively forgiving and have awesome feel on pure strikes.  I really like them.

I completely agree about their forgiveness. Hit some shots that missed in the center of the face and the still had a strong flight and distance was close to what I was trying to do. 

First round with them today was good overall. Got some practice with punch outs, and they’re easier to keep low compared to the PTx pros I’d been using. Looking forward to some more rounds and range time with them in the coming weeks. 

Edited by jah7838
Typo
  • Like 1

WITB

• 2 weeks later...

Anybody know how long to wait now for a single iron in graphite shaft?
(Either Recoil 460 ES or Diamana; regular flex. Standard Golf Pride grips.)

Thanks!

Ping G400 SFT 10°

Ping G400 SFT 3W 16° set to 15°

Ping G400 SFT 5W 19° set to 18°

Ping G400 SFT 7W 22° set to 21°

Ping G425 6-UW

Ping Glide Forged 54°

Ping Gorge Tour 56°

Ping Glide 3.0 58°

Scotty Cameron GOLO 5R

20 minutes ago, jtmagic said:

I ordered a set of Zx5 5 - AW with Recoil 95 F4 shafts on Sept 29 and they arrived on Oct 8.  Much faster than I expected. 

NICE!!  I ordered a split set of Zx5/Zx7 with Recoil 95 last Wednesday and was told 2-3 weeks.   Hoping they arrive faster since I’m currently ironless…

Cobra SZ 10.5 PX Hzrdus Yellow 60 

Callaway Apex UT 17* PX Hzrdus IM10 70

Sub70 699Upro 4 iron Evenflow riptide 85

Sub70 699 pro 5-AW Modus 105

Edel SMS 54* V Grind Modus 115

Edel SMS 58* V Grind Modus 115
Seemore m5 HT
Bridgestone B XS

On 9/5/2021 at 10:23 AM, boycer said:

I placed an order for mmt zx5 on August 20th. Was told 3-4 weeks to ship 

Well and update, I'm still waiting for mine.  Been about 6 weeks wait. Not much left in the season. 

Ping G410 lst diamana bf
Ping g410lst 3 wood accra tz6
Epic flash 5 wood tensei blue
ping g410 tensei hybrid
Epon 705 5-gw Oban ct115
Callaway MD5 54/58
taylormade my spider 
ping hoofer
tp5x

23 minutes ago, boycer said:

Well and update, I'm still waiting for mine.  Been about 6 weeks wait. Not much left in the season. 

Not sure if you are interested in other options, but they built mine with my 2nd pick for shaft and offered to reshaft them for free down the road... I'll probably ship them back in December, assuming the C-Tapers are in.

As of  10/11/2021

9 Callaway Mavrk Sub Zero with Ventus Black 7X

13 Degree Srixon 3 wood Project X Black 6.5

19 Degree Sub70 939 Pro with Proforce V2

4 Utility Sub70 699u 22 degree Proforce V2

5-GW Srixon Zx5 with Project X 6.5

Sub70 286 54

Sub70 JB Low Bounce 58

SeeMore milled Tri-Mallet fit and built at SeeMore 

16 minutes ago, VanTheMan0519 said:

Doesn’t look to be many custom options on the website. Are you all calling to order?

Ordered mine through Golf Galaxy.  They called to make sure everything in my order was available before we placed order. Glad they did as the grips I originally wanted would have caused a delay.  Easy change. 

15 hours ago, Myherobobhope said:

Not sure if you are interested in other options, but they built mine with my 2nd pick for shaft and offered to reshaft them for free down the road... I'll probably ship them back in December, assuming the C-Tapers are in.

Good to hear. I just sent an email to find out if it's they shafts or grips.  I think at this point I would just wait for the shafts. 

Ping G410 lst diamana bf
Ping g410lst 3 wood accra tz6
Epic flash 5 wood tensei blue
ping g410 tensei hybrid
Epon 705 5-gw Oban ct115
Callaway MD5 54/58
taylormade my spider 
ping hoofer
tp5x

Just to update the thread..I placed an order on Tuesday October 6th for a split set of Zx5 5-7 and Zx7 8-AW with recoil shafts.. to my surprise they arrived this morning.  The AW was missing (on back order) but rest of the set arrived as ordered.  I couldn’t believe how quick they got here. 

Edited by chamgel2
  • Like 1

Seemore m5 HT
Bridgestone B XS

6 hours ago, chamgel2 said:

Just to update the thread..I placed an order on Tuesday October 6th for a split set of Zx5 5-7 and Zx7 8-AW with recoil shafts.. to my surprise they arrived this morning.  The AW was missing (on back order) but rest of the set arrived as ordered.  I couldn’t believe how quick they got here. 

Curious where you ordered through? Straight through Srixon or from a different site/vendor?

Driver: Titleist TSi3 - Ventus Black 6x

3 Wood:  Titleist TSi2- Accra TZ5 75 M5

Irons:  Taylormade P770 4-PW  - KBS $Taper HT 125

Wedges: Vokey SM8 50/12, 56/14, 60/12 - DG S400 Ti

Putter: Odyssey 2 Ball Ten tour lined  

1 minute ago, ScottHutch2 said:

Curious where you ordered through? Straight through Srixon or from a different site/vendor?

Discount Dan’s.. they quoted me 2-3 weeks but it showed up in less than a week…

Seemore m5 HT
Bridgestone B XS

On 9/16/2021 at 1:37 PM, Stiggs said:

I spoke with Srixon Canada. They said I should receive my ZX4 5-A C-Taper 120S by early October. Ordered July 15th.

From following this thread I feel I probably shouldn't get my hopes up.

Gave up on the c-tapers.

Changed the shafts to Project X LZ 6.0 and a few of the heads (to zx5s) on September 24th.

Now I'm just getting the feeling that I'm not gonna see these irons this season. 🤷🏾‍♂️

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Stiggs said:

Gave up on the c-tapers.

Changed the shafts to Project X LZ 6.0 and a few of the heads (to zx5s) on September 24th.

Now I'm just getting the feeling that I'm not gonna see these irons this season. 🤷🏾‍♂️

Any idea if they received their c taper shipment? I ordered a set last week was told 3-4 weeks 120 stiff 

5 minutes ago, BostonWRX said:

Any idea if they received their c taper shipment? I ordered a set last week was told 3-4 weeks 120 stiff 

From what I know they have not had c-taper 120 s shafts in a while. 

My fitter made an order with that shaft back in mid July. 9 weeks later I was told they should be in around November. I didn't want to wait till then, so I swapped to the PX LZ 6.0. Still waiting. 🙃

Ordered 5-AW with modus 105 in early Sep, I got the 5-PW about a week later but still no AW for some reason 6 weeks from when I ordered. AW seems sold out 

PING G425 LST 9* - Fujikura Ventus Black 6X

Srixon ZX 15* - Graphite Design Tour AD-DI 7X

Callaway UW 19* - LA Golf Trono 75X

PING G410 22* - Tensei CK Pro White 90X

Srixon ZX5 5-AW - Nippon Modus3 Tour 105X

Cleveland CBX2 54* - DG 115 Wedge

Callaway MD5 Raw X Grind 60* - DG 115 Wedge

Odyssey White Hot OG #7S

20 minutes ago, minhjn said:

Ordered 5-AW with modus 105 in early Sep, I got the 5-PW about a week later but still no AW for some reason 6 weeks from when I ordered. AW seems sold out 

Im waiting on my AW too, was told it was on back order and would be in sometime in the next week or so. 

Seemore m5 HT
Bridgestone B XS

23 hours ago, BostonWRX said:

I ordered full set of ZX7s with C Taper 130s in early June (was quoted 4-6 weeks at the time, so I take everything with a grain of salt at this point). The latest I heard -- as of about a month ago -- was that Srixon expected to finally get a shipment from KBS in mid-November. Haven't heard anything since.

44 minutes ago, MaineGolfNut said:

I ordered full set of ZX7s with C Taper 130s in early June (was quoted 4-6 weeks at the time, so I take everything with a grain of salt at this point). The latest I heard -- as of about a month ago -- was that Srixon expected to finally get a shipment from KBS in mid-November. Haven't heard anything since.

Ouch…..

7 hours ago, MaineGolfNut said:

Yeah, really glad I swapped to the project x… I’ll send them back to have them reshafted in December (hopefully)… can’t believe how delayed the c tapers have been…

As of  10/11/2021

9 Callaway Mavrk Sub Zero with Ventus Black 7X

13 Degree Srixon 3 wood Project X Black 6.5

19 Degree Sub70 939 Pro with Proforce V2

4 Utility Sub70 699u 22 degree Proforce V2

5-GW Srixon Zx5 with Project X 6.5

Sub70 286 54

Sub70 JB Low Bounce 58

SeeMore milled Tri-Mallet fit and built at SeeMore