Srixon Irons wait time.

Ryan19jwu

28 minutes ago, gibsonsg4 said:

They were mmt 105 stiff and lamkin crossline full cords, just sent them an email but i don’t think either are crazy backlogged, mmt’s are pretty readily available everywhere

There has been a major shortage on Lamkin grips this year. My preferred grip is the Crossline Midsize and I’ve had to get really creative to get my hands on them this season.

I think there were delays with MMT shafts earlier this year too, but not 100% sure.

I got my orders quickly because I went with stock Modus Tour 120’s and asked for them to throw on whatever Midsize grips they had in stock, or throw loose grips in the box.

Callaway Paradym X (11*) / Hzrdus Black Smoke 6.0

Callaway Paradym X (15*) / Hzrdus Silver 6.0

Callaway Rogue St Max OS (21*) / Tensei AV Blue 75 S

Srixon ZX5 (4-PW) / Nippon Modus3 Tour 105 S

Cleveland RTX 6 Zipcore (52* Mid, 58* Mid) / DG Spinner

Odyssey White Hot OG 7 S

WITB on WRX

On 1/20/2022 at 6:57 PM, gibsonsg4 said:

They were mmt 105 stiff and lamkin crossline full cords, just sent them an email but i don’t think either are crazy backlogged, mmt’s are pretty readily available everywhere

I can confirm that when I was trying to place an order for zx irons with MMT's last month I was told that shaft was going to extend the lead time by several weeks.

d: Epic Max | f: Rogue 3HL, Apex UW | h1: Apex Super | i: 923 HM | w: MD4 | p: Chalk Spider X SB

Srixon website is a good resource.  If you chose a club, and then use the pull down menu for shaft selection, you can see what shafts are available.  The Srixon rep told me that if the shaft is in the selection menu on the website, it is available.  

I tested it out and ordered a ZX5/7 combo with Modus 105s, and they were delivered in 9 days.  

LB

• Like 2

TM Qi10 Max - Diamana T60
PXG Black Ops 4W, 7W - GD Tour AD VR-7

Titleist T350 5 - MMT95

Titleist T200 6-PW - MMT95

Titleist T150 GW - MMT105

Vokey- 54/12A, 58LBK
LAB Golf DF3
Titleist Pro V1

Changed from the golf pride midsize grip to MCC Plus 4. My ZX5 clubs with KBS tour shafts arrived 7 days later. Sounds like Srixon has a one week turnaround if they have the shaft or grip in stock, so if you’re waiting longer than that, give your fitter a call. 

Edited by Kmark55

• 4 weeks later...

For anyone that is on the fence in regards to ordering clubs. I got mine to my door 6 days after ordering 

ZX5 5-6 

ZX7 7-PW 

modus 120

1/2” over 

1 up 

mcc+4 midsize grips 

as others have mentioned and srixon confirmed with me. If the custom options are listed in the drop downs on the site it’s in stock and shouldn’t delay the order 

now if brooks or hideki win a tourney around the time you order that’s a different story 

• Like 3

PING G430 LST 10.5° | DIAMANA GT 60X

COBRA DARKSPEED X 3HF 16.5° | HZRDUS BLACK 70X

PING G425 7W 20.5° | DIAMANA GT 70X

SRIXON ZX5 5-6 | MMT TAPER 105TX

SRIXON ZX7 7-PW | MMT TAPER 105TX

PING GLIDE 4.0 50°/54°/58° | MMT WEDGE 125TX

ODYSSEY TRI-HOT 5K SEVEN DB

SRIXON Z-STAR DIAMOND 

6 hours ago, agood3putt said:

For anyone that is on the fence in regards to ordering clubs. I got mine to my door 6 days after ordering 

ZX5 5-6 

ZX7 7-PW 

modus 120

1/2” over 

1 up 

mcc+4 midsize grips 

as others have mentioned and srixon confirmed with me. If the custom options are listed in the drop downs on the site it’s in stock and shouldn’t delay the order 

now if brooks or hideki win a tourney around the time you order that’s a different story 

6 days is incredible! Looking forward to hearing how they work out for you man.

When are the first range sessions and rounds scheduled for?

• Like 1

Odyssey White Hot OG 7 S

WITB on WRX

2 hours ago, BallerNate said:

6 days is incredible! Looking forward to hearing how they work out for you man.

When are the first range sessions and rounds scheduled for?

Hopefully soon! work has been insane lately so will update as soon as I can

• Like 1

SRIXON Z-STAR DIAMOND 

Well, I’m getting back in the cue and ordered a ZX5 4-iron.

For some reason the ZX4 4-iron w/ graphite shaft just isn’t a fit for me and I can’t hit the thing to save my life, Lol!

Supposed to be more forgiving, but something about the combination of the offset, shaft, and my swing don’t work together.

I’ve had much better results with the ZX5 5-iron, so hopefully the 4-iron will be a good fit also. And if not I’ll have to use two Hybrids this season, which I really don’t want to do.

• Like 1

Odyssey White Hot OG 7 S

WITB on WRX

27 minutes ago, BallerNate said:

Well, I’m getting back in the cue and ordered a ZX5 4-iron.

For some reason the ZX4 4-iron w/ graphite shaft just isn’t a fit for me and I can’t hit the thing to save my life, Lol!

Supposed to be more forgiving, but something about the combination of the offset, shaft, and my swing don’t work together.

I’ve had much better results with the ZX5 5-iron, so hopefully the 4-iron will be a good fit also. And if not I’ll have to use two Hybrids this season, which I really don’t want to do.

I think you’ll like the ZX5 4-iron if it’s anything like the 5-iron lol

• Like 1

SRIXON Z-STAR DIAMOND 

42 minutes ago, agood3putt said:

I think you’ll like the ZX5 4-iron if it’s anything like the 5-iron lol

For sure, I should’ve just ordered the ZX5 4-iron instead of the ZX4, but was just curious to test it out and see if it would really be longer and more forgiving.

I actually had a ZX5 4-iron head before, but when I got the shaft installed at the shop, there was an issue with it not being glued properly and the head kept twisting…so really couldn’t evaluate it.

Really like the ZX5 5-iron though, so looking forward to getting to test a properly built ZX5 4i…should be good!

• Like 1

Odyssey White Hot OG 7 S

WITB on WRX

Hey guys, wanted to ask you guys' what range of golfers do you think can play the zx7's pretty well? I am interested in a zx5 4-6, zx7 7-pw. As a 16 handicapper I am on the fence if i could game a blended set as I'm coming from a game improvement set in my first year of golf in where i went from 28 to 16. I expect to keep getting better and want to buy a set I can game for some time. Curious if I can game a blended set or should I just go zx5's all the way through? I am also considering mizuno pro 225's and Ping i525's if this helps provide some baseline. appreciate any feedback 

51 minutes ago, SaVo_ said:

Hey guys, wanted to ask you guys' what range of golfers do you think can play the zx7's pretty well? I am interested in a zx5 4-6, zx7 7-pw. As a 16 handicapper I am on the fence if i could game a blended set as I'm coming from a game improvement set in my first year of golf in where i went from 28 to 16. I expect to keep getting better and want to buy a set I can game for some time. Curious if I can game a blended set or should I just go zx5's all the way through? I am also considering mizuno pro 225's and Ping i525's if this helps provide some baseline. appreciate any feedback 

I would go zx5 full set at a 16. 

56 minutes ago, SaVo_ said:

Are you a 16 because you cannot hit your irons well?  If so then the ZX5.  If you are a 16 but strike the irons pretty well then 6 or 7 in the ZX7 will be fine as far as forgiveness.  I get a much better(higher) launch for the 5 iron in the ZX5 than in do in the ZX7, with the lofts the same.

Majority of golfers in the 8 or 9 can hit a blade pretty close to how well they would hit just SGI of the same loft.  Tom Wishon did a study on this, but I could not find it with a cursory search.  If you can go to a golf store near you and hit a few 7 irons and or 6 irons, depending on what your shop has as a demo.  I do not remember which Srixon supplies.

• Driver - Ping G430 Max 10k - Ventus Black 6X | Ping G430 LST 10.5 - Aldila Rogue White 130 MSI TX
  • 3 Wood - Taylormade 300 Mini 13.5 - Ventus Purple X
  • 5 Wood - Ping G430 Max - Ventus Purple X 
  • 7 Wood - Ping G430 Max - Ventus Purple X | 4 iron - Srixon ZX4 MKII - Axiom 105X
  • 5 - PW Ping BluePrint S - Shaft testing
  • SW - Cleveland RTX6 55* - Fuji Tour Spec 115X | LW - Vokey SM9T 60* - Fuji Tour Spec 115X
  • Putters - Odyssey #7 Knuckle Neck Proto | Odyssey Jailbird Versa Microhinge - Odyssey Tank DBOdyssey Jailbird Ai-One

5 minutes ago, driveandputtmachine said:

Are you a 16 because you cannot hit your irons well?  If so then the ZX5.  If you are a 16 but strike the irons pretty well then 6 or 7 in the ZX7 will be fine as far as forgiveness.  I get a much better(higher) launch for the 5 iron in the ZX5 than in do in the ZX7, with the lofts the same.

Majority of golfers in the 8 or 9 can hit a blade pretty close to how well they would hit just SGI of the same loft.  Tom Wishon did a study on this, but I could not find it with a cursory search.  If you can go to a golf store near you and hit a few 7 irons and or 6 irons, depending on what your shop has as a demo.  I do not remember which Srixon supplies.

I'd say I hit irons pretty decent appropriate to my handicap maybe a bit lower. I played Apex DCB's last year as I improved a lot, I know zx's will not be as forgiving but I knew there was many times out on the course I had to shape shots due to a few branches or just plain pin position and was very hard to do due to the offset from the apex's. I currently have a loaner set of p770's from my local shop until i get some irons ordered and in hand and I got to use them out on the course shot 47 for 9 holes which is usually around a decent day for me the big thing for me was i lost about a club of distance compared to my apex's which made it kinda harder but if zx5's and 7's distance is very similar I don't think ill have a problem with going with either

• Like 1

2 hours ago, SaVo_ said:

I'd say I hit irons pretty decent appropriate to my handicap maybe a bit lower. I played Apex DCB's last year as I improved a lot, I know zx's will not be as forgiving but I knew there was many times out on the course I had to shape shots due to a few branches or just plain pin position and was very hard to do due to the offset from the apex's. I currently have a loaner set of p770's from my local shop until i get some irons ordered and in hand and I got to use them out on the course shot 47 for 9 holes which is usually around a decent day for me the big thing for me was i lost about a club of distance compared to my apex's which made it kinda harder but if zx5's and 7's distance is very similar I don't think ill have a problem with going with either

The truth is, the best person to answer your question would be a fitter if you’re able to get an appointment.

People used to say that to me also and I would get frustrated because all the fitters in my area were closed due to Lockdowns, but once I got in for Iron, putter, and Driver fittings last year, it was an absolute game-changer.

To answer your question generally though, the ZX7 are surprisingly forgiving for a Player’s CB, and the ZX5 are even more so.

If you’re used to playing the Apex DCB, then the ZX5 would be more comparable. But there’s no way any of us can really tell you how you would do with a combo set including ZX7 7-PW.

Both fantastic irons that feel fantastic, look really good, and offer great control and performance.

• Like 1

Odyssey White Hot OG 7 S

WITB on WRX

32 minutes ago, BallerNate said:

The truth is, the best person to answer your question would be a fitter if you’re able to get an appointment.

People used to say that to me also and I would get frustrated because all the fitters in my area were closed due to Lockdowns, but once I got in for Iron, putter, and Driver fittings last year, it was an absolute game-changer.

To answer your question generally though, the ZX7 are surprisingly forgiving for a Player’s CB, and the ZX5 are even more so.

If you’re used to playing the Apex DCB, then the ZX5 would be more comparable. But there’s no way any of us can really tell you how you would do with a combo set including ZX7 7-PW.

Both fantastic irons that feel fantastic, look really good, and offer great control and performance.

Yeah I'm in that boat currently lol tried hitting them today but my local fitters are so busy with fitting going into march has been tough to find something. Gonna have to try and capitalize on a late cancellation or something to get in soon but Thanks for the feedback I appreciate it

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, SaVo_ said:

Yeah I'm in that boat currently lol tried hitting them today but my local fitters are so busy with fitting going into march has been tough to find something. Gonna have to try and capitalize on a late cancellation or something to get in soon but Thanks for the feedback I appreciate it

Man, I feel you…it’s very frustrating.

I had to wait months for my fittings and made lots of mistakes while waiting.

Honestly, I think the biggest differences between the ZX5 and ZX7 are the sole thickness, and the extra tech built-in for extra distance in the ZX5.

The ZX5 has the thinner face with foam and has a trampoline effect when the ball comes off the face for extra distance. The ZX7 is a one piece forged head, so they are softer and less clicky, but you’ll definitely see a difference in distance.

To me, a mishit is a mishit, so I don’t necessarily think of the ZX5 as that much more forgiving…it’s more a question of do you need the boost in yardage, and do the thicker soles work better for your swing.

• Like 1

Odyssey White Hot OG 7 S

WITB on WRX

1 hour ago, BallerNate said:

Man, I feel you…it’s very frustrating.

I had to wait months for my fittings and made lots of mistakes while waiting.

Honestly, I think the biggest differences between the ZX5 and ZX7 are the sole thickness, and the extra tech built-in for extra distance in the ZX5.

The ZX5 has the thinner face with foam and has a trampoline effect when the ball comes off the face for extra distance. The ZX7 is a one piece forged head, so they are softer and less clicky, but you’ll definitely see a difference in distance.

To me, a mishit is a mishit, so I don’t necessarily think of the ZX5 as that much more forgiving…it’s more a question of do you need the boost in yardage, and do the thicker soles work better for your swing.

I'm gonna try and go in on monday to my local shop test them out, I think for sure the sole's and the distance i get in short irons from the 7's will be the factors in if i go with the 5's through the whole set or not. Thank you 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, SaVo_ said:

I'm gonna try and go in on monday to my local shop test them out, I think for sure the sole's and the distance i get in short irons from the 7's will be the factors in if i go with the 5's through the whole set or not. Thank you 

My pleasure man, always happy to help...good luck!!

• Like 1

Odyssey White Hot OG 7 S

WITB on WRX

5 hours ago, BallerNate said:

This x12345543224679976544.

Does your swing work better with a wider sole or a slimmer one? IMO That's the real question. Not a huge difference in loft between the zx5 and zx7 so they can be bent for a blended set or whatever else your needs are. At address they are nearly identical with a smidge more offset in the zx5.

• Like 1

d: Epic Max | f: Rogue 3HL, Apex UW | h1: Apex Super | i: 923 HM | w: MD4 | p: Chalk Spider X SB

6 hours ago, rondre3000 said:

This x12345543224679976544.

You forgot a few commas in there, but thanks for the ringing endorsement!! 😉🤣🤣

• Haha 1

Odyssey White Hot OG 7 S

WITB on WRX

On 2/22/2022 at 12:23 PM, scottyc15 said:

I can echo what's being said.

Ordered ZX7 4-PW with DG TI X100 on 2/15 and received them yesterday.

What grips did you order? I just placed the same setup order last week through a dealer with Midsize Z-Grip but now not seeing them on the website drop down.

Edited by cflo2382